Jump to content

R. Eric

Author
  • Posts

    2,624
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by R. Eric

  1. R. Eric

    Ready? Set. Go!

    Yes, I heard that. He's proving it daily. Shy the first week, but a trail of kitty treats and he's begging for them from me. Judy, a friend of mine came over and asked. "He's black and your house is dark. How do you see him?" I tell her, "He makes his presence known. He doesn't have a loud meow or loud purr. I can hear him moving around the house. He's a bed hog and I have to test where I lay. Never a teddy bear or pet in my bed. He's lucky." Besides, he's supposed to have eight other lives. He loves me because I bribe him. Sounds like some other relationships. He's damned cute, from what I've seen.
  2. Supper with the Sledges and Charles went as it should. Colin did order his steaks. I chuckled when I saw the Colonel’s eyes widen when they arrived. Table manners were at the table. Our mothers taught us right. “Mr. Colin,” Amanda began. “Are there vampires who are vegetarian?” She held a finger up and pointed to the fillet minion she was eating. “I’m not giving this up, believe me.” Colin’s eyes grew slightly as he had to think. “I can’t see how…” he began and stopped. “Can I ans
  3. R. Eric

    Babies at the VUN

    Thank you. I needed my fix. Leaving the reactions with the hearts and that is good. I mainline on feedback. Ahh, so much better. 💗 A real shot in the arm. I needed that.
  4. R. Eric

    Babies at the VUN

    Someone say something! Am I doing welll? Am I way off base? Do you like it? Hate it? Jot a note. Something, please!!
  5. Colin walked up to Dr. Aguino. “This procedure with Amanda, would it work on my daughter?” “Your daughter?” Dr. Aguino asked surprised. “I met people here, but which one is your daughter?” “Gabrella Chance is my daughter,” Colin said and saw the familiar look of surprise and chuckled. “Yes, she was bitten after I was. Years later, but she is my daughter.” “It’s a surprise, but…” Dr. Aguino admitted. “I can see how it happened.” She thought a moment. “With Amanda, she is young and
  6. We gathered in the large conference room and told everyone what was happening. George snorted, “I know why, but everything in me is saying no. Don’t do this.” “Do you want to go back to the subway tunnels?” Colin asked testily. I placed a hand on Colin’s arm and urged him to be calm. It worked on others besides the dogs. I was connected to Colin more. “Sorry, George.” Colin smiled. “You of all people know that’s the venom talking.” “Hold on,” Ellis began. He pointed at h
  7. Joel waved at Efim. “We’ll leave you with your friends.” Efim waved in the direction of his bees. “They are friends. Very needed on Gaea.” Hank was now relaxed. “And you have never been stung.” Efim smiled, “Never. Not once.” He gently slid the honey-soaked hive portion back and chuckled. “And here it comes.” He looked at Hank. “They know gentleness and calm. Controlled breathing and me...being calm. They know me as part of the hive.” He shrugged. “Huh,” Was all Hank could sa
  8. You know while at the movie the thought of what was happening with the dog would be on many minds. Dameta is important because she was important to Chet. Some of the activism will be addressed in the next chapter. Which I am writing right now.
  9. The house was huge, yes. Now it was shrinking. The number of people was the cause of the shrinking. There were the maids and others moving to bring towels or change sheets. I had insisted that no one working here was to wear those uniforms. You know, the dress or pants, and aprons. The low hum of many conversations along with the distant bark as Damita wanted to join the conversation. The foyer did what it was designed to do. It was Barry who made the comment as a low whistle came qui
  10. Joel looked at Barroso. “We have a good idea what your grandfather was planning.” He sighed. “We’ll do whatever we can to correct things.” Barroso waved at the melting dome, “We will have a huge hole.” Joel looked at the dome and then back at Barroso, “A perfect place for a lake.” He shrugged, “This is essentially a world we will construct as we did on worlds incapable of supporting life.” He motioned overhead, “Once the dome is up, we will bring water from space. There sho
  11. Geordi and Chet were instantly connected as if they had never been parted. I saw as behind Mike and I Avi and Eli came down with Tank. I saw Marly’s eyes wide seeing all these men gather to greet them. “Introductions are necessary,” I smiled at them. I waved at Tank, “This is Tankiso, our man that keeps this monstrosity going.” I waved back at the house. “A master Domer?” I offered. “He runs the house. Mike, Chet, and I merely live here.” I watched as a smile grew on George’s face. I
  12. No one could know how Tony was feeling. Not even me. He got up and appeared to be fine. Sasha was up preparing breakfast. Life would continue as normal. Part of that “normal” was Tony’s coffee addiction. Starting the coffee maker, I knew that would bring the others out. I liked coffee. I didn’t crave it. I got Tony’s big mug and put in the single scoop of sugar I knew he loved. I took out some other mugs for everyone else. Cream placed out on the counter when Kathy came down. She chuc
  13. Things at our table became very chaotic and loud! That was a tradition for all families and we were family. The two turkeys were pretty well destroyed. I was grateful for that as I didn’t want too many leftovers. The green bean casserole was gone! The sweet potato soufflé was gone. (I didn’t care for sweet potatoes just put out. My mother taught me to make the souffle, and I think I got it right. It was gone! That was proof. There were the many groans and confessions telling everyone they ate t
  14. Jake grinned, “You were on fire tonight!” The cheers and applause was practically deafening even where we were below the stage. The cushions we landed on had done their job to break our departure from the stage. He gave me a big hug. “Really, you were hot tonight!” He waved in a direction we couldn’t see, but we could hear. “Listen to them!” I shook my head, “No, we...were on fire. I couldn’t do this without you. You and the others make it possible.” I hadn’t planned on it.
  15. Joel couldn’t stand leaving his family, but it had to be done. His children did not need for him to get them up to start the day; they were eager to do it on their own. He was pleased to see the Cavills had been sharing the space with the Nesmiths. That included Robbie, Rob, Robot and Apollo. The noise was increasing to normal levels with animated conversations were returning. “Who made breakfast?” Joel asked suddenly. Rchel smiled, “Athena.” She waved at the kitchen and th
  16. R. Eric

    London

    You have a ticket. I gave you all one. I hope you saw everything and....if I could add the songs, you could hear it. The wedding should be good and Japan! I have big plans for that. That may be a while. I'm off to Hawai'i, then to Gaea, and....I'll be tired. To the Northwest, No faulting my Muse, he's sending me plenty.
  17. R. Eric

    London

    We were at breakfast and having a dog in the house proved to be the expected joy and curse. Tank’s reaction was comical. Damita’s nature was as a hound, and the small body was to ferret out small animals from holes in the ground. She was a dog and sniffing out small game was in her nature. She was a friendly puppy, and it was when she sniffed her way into Tank’s office unnoticed, we heard, “O dira eng mo?” Chet looked instantly for his little friend and was running for Tank’s office,
  18. Sasha, David, and Alik returned to Charleston as David had school, and so did Alik. Tasha and Igor were coming in two weeks to Charleston. I was used to taking the decorations down on the second of January. These were Orthodox Christians so it would be another week. We started the month calmly, but tensions with Tony were mounting. After David got home the evening of the fourth, the day before Dr. Hawks’ placing the port on Tony where he said, “We’re going for Italian!” He looked at me, “After w
  19. The Nesmiths and the Cavills shared dinner that night. That included Apollo and Rob. Apollo had Daylia, and Rob had Alicia. Little Hank was in his bassinette being rocked gently by Rob’s foot. Joel was pleased that those two didn’t have to tell how to calm a baby with the gentle sway and light jiggle. That was in Athen’s memory. Rachel was the chef. She used the latest substitute meat for this one, and Joel would swear it was chicken. Rachel smiled and said, “Aunt Larisa gave me this
  20. Joy reached to take J.J. but stopped looking at her hands, “I’ve flown over the continent and a large portion of the Pacific. I’m dirty. I should change and wash up first.” Elias chuckled, “J.J. has flown across that same continent and ocean when he was hardly a week old.” “I’ve gotten him vaccinated as much as we can for now,” I grinned. “Leia held him just as she got off the plane. He’s fine.” Brandi held a pack of those sterilizing hand wipes for Joy, “I never
  21. Mike and I went up the stairs to Chet’s room. Chet was sitting on the side of the bed as Mike sat beside him talking to him quietly. However, Chet was still closed off as his arms were folded over his chest. “...you are disappointed,” Mike was saying quietly. “In your grandpa, grandma and me.” Chet looked startled at Mike, “I’m not disappointed in you, Dad.” “I keep insisting on bringing your grandparents into your life,” Mike admitted softly. “They are a part of
  22. My talk with Wynona was eye opening for me. She knew why Sherry left Mike and the accident while doing that was horrible. It was a shame Sherry died. Yet, due to our talk I felt a huge weight was being lifted. We had a great time. Soon it was time for dinner. The time change was playing on Manny and Wynona. I saw Manfred was getting tired and suggested we all should go to bed. I was feeling it, too. Performing in Eastern Standard Time and flying back caused problems for me. Seeing Chet gett
  23. One of the men sputtered, “Eles não são humanos!” Saying we weren’t Human. It was a form of Portuguese, which Joel didn’t understand but Athena did. “Your first response to the non-Human threat is to attack,” Joel stated. “He’s right, though. Not one of us are organic. Meaning, we’re not Human. To travel through space, it’s easier to travel as we do.,” He touched his own chest, “This isn’t Human. I’m operating this twelve light years away. I am Human, but not here.” “Missiles sent by y
  24. David let out a slow whistle of admiration, “Yours.” He nodded looking at the new Rover. “Should I take a picture of it to show Dad?” “Absolutely,” I nodded and saw Elias’ frown. “That was why we got it! To show your parents and my father they were wrong.” I waved at the Rover. “Take a lot of pictures. Don’t shy away from it now.” I was taunting him. I knew I was wrong, “I’m sorry, but his father’s call hurt him and he’s rightfully lashing out.” David chuckled slapping Elias on the arm
  25. R. Eric

    Wynona Knows

    It was my fault. I posted the chapter, then realized my error, unpublished it and reposted. Being blind I miss posted a chapter.
×
×
  • Create New...