Jump to content
Bot Attack ×

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,881
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. Mark is an evil evil man... Leaving us all hanging like this is torture... You can't take the easy way out and say choose Bloodlines or Belvidera, I want both of them and want them now..... I cannot make it through the weekend without getting them both.
  2. I am so excited to have Granger and the whole crew back up and a new story started. The Bridgemont series is fast becoming my favorite series on this site. While I do love the CAP, Bloodlines is great, I am completely engrossed in this series. The time that this series was written in has always been one that stood out for me in the history books. There is such a rich tapestry that the story line can be tied to. I will survive the slower chapters but at least one ever five days or so , I can't stand to wait longer than that.... Thanks for getting this new story started... David
  3. I have really enjoyed all the stories of this series but Bloodlines is the first one to even come close to the first one for me. I think some of the reason that I like the early ones, and yes, I really did like 1968, is the history aspect of them. I love how Mark was able to weave the story into what was going on in the world at the time of each story. The only story I really had trouble getting into was A Summer Love. It just never rang as true to the heart as Mark's other stories in the series. I can't say I hated it or anything, just was never able to get into it as much.
  4. Mark This just keeps getting better and better . I sincerly hope that you keep this story going as long as the CAP has been. While I do love the CAP, the Bridgemont series, has truly captured my heart and imagination . I think everyone needs to understand that in the timeframe the story takes place in, anyone could die of almost anything, at anytime. I think George is probably the only one that is immune from death at this point. Keep up the good work and full speed ahead...
  5. Hey Great first chapter and yes, he would have to be related to someone else in the series in some way or it would not make any sense... I am not sure who I think he is going to be related to, but do have an idea... Another great start to what is hopefully another great entry in the CAP series...
  6. Great first chapter and start to what I hope is a superb third book in the series. Wonder who George will have first, the mystery midshipman or the first lt. Have really enjoyed all of the Bridgemont series and hope it continues to develop and grow as it has.
  7. Any idea yet when the new book in the Bridgemont series will begin? The wait is killing me...
  8. I must say The Wardroom was even better than The Gunroom. This series is progressing wonderfully. The understanding of what life was like back in those days has proven to be extremely accurate. While I have always loved and will continue to appreciate the authors other series, this one is the one I will never forget. Keep the story development true and follow the wonderful resources of you fertile imagination, this is truly great writing.
  9. Really enjoyed the new chapter. Glad to see this story line continue. Well written and developed as always... Hope that Granger reunites with some of his past lovers... Can't really go back always but nice place to visit sometimes. Hope he mets up with Travers and the Captain again. I really can't wait to see what Granger does with his family, that part of the story line might have some great potential. The battle scenes and feel of this story is very authentic. Whomever is helping out with the historical data should get a pat on the back... or wherever they want it.
  10. I have completely enjoyed this new story of The Gunroom. I was sorry to see the first book end and cannot wait for the next chronicle to begin. I found Mark's writing style to be diffrent from the CAP series but in a way that really worked. I hope this series continues much the same way his other series has. It is so easy to get involved with all of his charectors and really care about them and want to know how they are going to develop...
  11. Really enjoying the latest installment of the series, but I do miss the involvement of the other charecters, Brad, Robbie, Ace, etc... I have to admit I just don't find Marcel quite as interesting as the core group. While I do enjoy the view from his perspective, I miss the interplay between the more original group. I am really glad that Max is coming back into the story line but I hate that Lark hasn't resolved any of his issues it seems. As always the writing is first rate...
×
×
  • Create New...