Jump to content
    AC Benus
  • Author
  • 792 Words
  • 250 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Room with a View (of the Brooklyn Navy Yard) - 9. Epilogue

.

Epilogue.

A Shaft Grows in Brooklyn

 

 

Shouldering our sails to the winds of change once more, we find ourselves carried to a Sunday in the near future. We’re set down again amid the sound of classic bossa nova, and the timeless good smells of feijoada and esfihas, empanadas and pastels, and quindim, golden flan, and bolo de rolo . . . and on and on.

The Brooklyn branch of the Força tribe is awash with the gaiety of meeting the boyfriend for the first time, for just as Patrick had predicted, a ‘simple’ family meal in the open-window freshness of a late afternoon dinner turned into a Tri-State event!

However, now stuffed and talked out, the boys are hardly missed as they excuse themselves from the rest of the family in front of the television and make their way to the author’s bedroom.

Door open, they simply glide in, with Ted – hands in pockets – making a beeline for the uplifted casement above Patrick’s desk.

He bends at the hips, casting his glance down on the street. Sure enough, the old Main Gate of the Brooklyn Navy Yard is directly across the way. Now, a few people are out strolling, enjoying the day – and wondering where all the delightful food smells are coming from.

Ted senses Patrick’s presence come up to his side.

The writer asks, “So how does it feel to be the querido of Patrick Forsa?”

Ted stands fully upright with a radiant smile. “Great, Puma. Really wonderful to meet your people.”

“All of them?” Patrick chuckles.

“Well, your Aunt Antonieta – she can go a little easier on the cachaça—”

“Funny, but not what I meant. I mean I almost died when João greeted you at the door: ‘Iowa, huh? I thought they only raised the corn there, not the actual fruit loops.’”

Ted bursts into laughter. “What? I thought it was cute – cut the tension right away.”

“Well, I’m glad you were cool with it.”

“Oh, Patrick, this has been great, although a tad overwhelming.”

“I know; I know. I tried to warn you about this particular Brazilian freight train.”

Ted grows serious, picking up Patrick’s little finger to hold with his own.

“I love it. Really, I love it. Today makes me realize how much this has been missing from my life for all these years. All the years since I lost Monroe – family.”

Nearly speechless, Patrick stands there and drinks it in. He too can barely believe his good luck, and here and now, in his lonely boyhood bedroom, stands a man who truly loves him as he is.

Ted brushes a few of the items on Patrick’s desk with his free hand. Gesturing down to the closed laptop – and out the window – he asks, “So this is where the magic happens, is it?”

Patrick hugs him from behind. “In my mind, yes, formerly. But now there’s a new place the magic happens too.”

“Oh, yes? Where?”

“Let me show you.”

Pulling his man by the pinkie, Patrick leads Ted over to his bed, the Brooklyn breeze flapping at his curtains.

Face to face, the writer has Ted sit on the edge of his mattress. Suddenly, the raucous sounds of the continuing party intrude on their intimacy.

“Wait here,” the standing young man says – and says seductively.

He goes over, checks to confirm the coast’s clear, then closes and locks his door.

He slow-walks it back to his boyfriend. “Now, that’s better.” He lifts off Ted’s shirt, and then his own.

Grinning and kicking his hands back on the bed, Ted playfully exclaims, “Why, Patricio! What’s come over you?”

“You. Or, at least I hope so soon.”

Needing a moment to absorb how dirty his partner’s just been, the sexy actor very seriously raises his arms and earnestly embraces the bare skin of Patrick’s lower back. He slowly draws the boy into his own flesh. And was ever, noble listeners, such direct contact more sincere or more whole-hearted?

Sustaining this swaying intimacy for a long, tender moment, Ted moves his hands farther up Patrick’s back. He then tightens his hold and allows himself to gradually fall backwards.

Bringing his belovèd with him, the pair tumble – locked together – onto Patrick’s childhood bed. And as they do so, the room fills with the laughter of love.

Fills right there, gentle audience, within view of the Brooklyn Navy Yard.

 

 

---------------------

 

 

 

 

[The germ of this tale was loosely inspired by Episode 70 of The Adventures of Maisie radio program from 1951. That and Judy Holliday’s incredible performance in Born Yesterday as the sagacious-but-underlearnt Brooklynite Billie Dawn.]

 

  _

Copyright © 2023 AC Benus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ted meets and is enraptured by Patricks's  lively, fun filled family. He gains a fuller understanding of Patrick. 

You have given us a beautiful , poetic and finally live action erotic ending to this good story and shown us the start of a love filled life for Ted and Patrick.

As Patrick commented, the story will continue in not in his mind but with his romance with Ted. They wil have a full, mind expanding sex life no long just the stuff of dreams

Thank you. Merry Chrstmas to you !

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Adding more tunes to our soundtrack for Room, here’s Tone-Lōc’s 1989 game-changing smash Wild Thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_upnEFGDcM

 

Thinking of the eventual hit of Forsa’s upcoming 2101: A Face Odessey, we have to have the Classic Monty Python hit Sit on my Face:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkJnd9rSAQ8

  

Thinking of Ted and Patrick’s separate hurts, and eventually finding healing in the other, here’s Dan Hill’s 1977 Sometimes When We Touch:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVf940pO5ME

 

And for the time before the boys are honest with themselves about how they feel, Bruce Springsteen’s 1984 Dancing in the Dark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=129kuDCQtHs

 

 

 

  • Love 4
Link to comment

An excellent ending for this story, @AC Benus.  Thank you!   Have a Merry Christmas Eve, Happy Christmas, Blessed Boxing Day, Nifty New Year's Eve, and the happiest of New Years!

  • Love 5
Link to comment

Now, with Patrick and Ted embraced by  family and embracing one another, I feel wistful and kind of choked up. You have created a beautiful pair.  While it gladdens the heart to simply imagine them in their lives together, I can’t help hoping we will see more of them one day. Many thanks for this delightful present of a story. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment
AC Benus

Posted (edited)

In thinking up suitable revenge on Kingston and Gerhard, Patrick says, “Well, we can’t appeal to Bray’s humanity. That’d be a waste of time, because, as a character, I’m afraid he’s as wooden and one-dimensional as any current Gop member of Congress.”

“You mean,” inquires Ted, “like that Laurena Boobwit, or Marjoram Tailor Scream?”

“’Xactly, aka, those Banana-Republicans’ best and brightest.”

“Too true, Puma. Too true. So fuck ‘em, and kiss me instead.”

Patrick leans over and does as instructed, finding the ‘politics’ of having a boyfriend far more pleasant to navigate than unspooling the sordid tangles of Putin’s yes-bitches in America’s party of Dumpster-divers.

 

[Unused snippet of conversation from A Room with a View (of the Brooklyn Navy Yard): an Irreverent Tale]

_

Edited by AC Benus
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
On 12/23/2023 at 9:17 AM, akascrubber said:

Ted meets and is enraptured by Patricks's  lively, fun filled family. He gains a fuller understanding of Patrick. 

You have given us a beautiful , poetic and finally live action erotic ending to this good story and shown us the start of a love filled life for Ted and Patrick.

As Patrick commented, the story will continue in not in his mind but with his romance with Ted. They wil have a full, mind expanding sex life no long just the stuff of dreams

Thank you. Merry Chrstmas to you !

Thank you for your wonderful support of this project, akascrubber! I hope your holidays were fun and carefree. Thanks again

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 12/23/2023 at 12:34 PM, ReaderPaul said:

An excellent ending for this story, @AC Benus.  Thank you!   Have a Merry Christmas Eve, Happy Christmas, Blessed Boxing Day, Nifty New Year's Eve, and the happiest of New Years!

Thank you, ReaderPaul. I wish the same good tings for you in 2024. I had planned for this to be a publishing-rich year (meaning bringing things out in print versions on Amazon), so I hope for myself I can bring it to fruition.

Thanks again

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 12/23/2023 at 1:13 PM, Parker Owens said:

Now, with Patrick and Ted embraced by  family and embracing one another, I feel wistful and kind of choked up. You have created a beautiful pair.  While it gladdens the heart to simply imagine them in their lives together, I can’t help hoping we will see more of them one day. Many thanks for this delightful present of a story. 

Thanks for reading and editing this tale, Parker. Your support -- as always! -- has been invaluable. Now that I see a way forward for the two final installments to my Irreverent Tales series, I hope I can sit me down to write them!

Thanks again

  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 1/4/2024 at 10:19 AM, AC Benus said:

In thinking up suitable revenge on Kingston and Gerhard, Patrick says, “Well, we can’t appeal to Bray’s humanity. That’d be a waste of time, because, as a character, I’m afraid he’s as wooden and one-dimensional as any current Gop member of Congress.”

“You mean,” inquires Ted, “like that Laurena Boobwit, or Marjoram Tailor Scream?”

“’Xactly, aka, those Banana-Republicans’ best and brightest.”

“Too true, Puma. Too true. So fuck ‘em, and kiss me instead.”

Patrick leans over and does as instructed, finding the ‘politics’ of have a boyfriend far more pleasant to navigate than unspooling the sordid tangles of Putin’s yes-bitches in America’s party of Dumpster-divers.

 

[Unused snippet of conversation from A Room with a View (of the Brooklyn Navy Yard): an Irreverent Tale]

_

Thanks for posting this snippet - it targets precisely the right figures in exactly the right way. 

  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

Thanks for posting this snippet - it targets precisely the right figures in exactly the right way. 

Thanks, Parker. That's a high piece of praise; every satire's goal! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..