Jump to content
    Amikawrite
  • Author
  • 2,287 Words
  • 1,682 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You're my Bride - 2. Chapter 2: Living Together

Its nice to have someone else living with you in such a big apartment...

Chapter 2

Today I caught myself smiling for no reason... then I realized I was thinking about you.”

Akihiko sat on the couch impatiently tapping his feet. He glanced down at his wristwatch for probably the 50th time in the hour. It had been 3 hours since Hiroki had left and it was already 9pm.

'I should have known, this whole idea was stupid. Of course he won't come back,' Akihiko thought.

The thought that his first meeting with Hiroki would be the last was one which Akihiko was not comfortable having on his mind. He wanted to feel the happiness he had felt with Hiroki around, once again.

Although it was a bit odd that having a total stranger around had caused him to feel happy, it had been a long time since Akihiko had felt that kind of happiness and so he didn't want to let go of it. He had felt a connection with Hiroki and hoped that this was not the end of it.

Akihiko had been patient for a long time and he just couldn't wait anymore. He decided to check the lobby area and the stretch around the apartments to see if Hiroki had come around. Akihiko told himself that the reason why Hiroki was late must have been that he couldn't find his way back.

'Yes that must be it. I will go and check,' Akihiko thought.

Akihiko got up from the couch, put on his sneakers and opened the door. There on the other side of the door was the man he had been thinking about. Hiroki who had his hand on the doorbell evidently ready to press it, looked up at Akihiko as he opened the door.

“Sorry if I am late. Are you going out?” Hiroki said.

“Its nothing. Come on in,” Akihiko said.

Hiroki stepped in, pulling his trolley bag inside while Akihiko closed the door. With Hiroki's back turned Akihiko smiled.

“Actually I told my mom and sister that I am going out for a month long educational trip and I had to make up lots of stories to convince them so I got a little late,” Hiroki said as he unlaced his sneakers.

“Okay so you're in college?” Akihiko asked.

“I just finished giving my entrance exams for high school the day before yesterday,” Hiroki answered.

Akihiko nodded in understanding. He felt relieved learning that Hiroki was not elder to him.

“I am a bit tensed though. I hope I get into a good school. Its not like I am expecting to get into an elite private school or the sort but I just want to have a good future and a good high school education is necessary for that,” Hiroki said.

Akihiko nodded in agreement.

Akihiko had not anticipated that Hiroki would be so talkative but he didn’t dislike the fact. He was a quiet person himself and did not like to engage in unnecessary conversation but he didn't mind that Hiroki was doing just that.

“Sorry I must be boring you,” Hiroki said shyly as he took off his shoes and placed them in a corner.

“Not at all. Lets continue the conversation over dinner,” Akihiko said.

“Okay but where should I keep my bag?” Hiroki asked.

“Oh! Come, I will show you your room,” Akihiko said.

Hiroki followed Akihiko through the corridor as they walked through the living room to reach another part of the apartment. There was a staircase on the left and two doors on either side of the passage in front. Akihiko opened the door on the right and then stepped aside to allow Hiroki to enter.

Hiroki stepped into the room which he was supposed to occupy for the coming month. As Hiroki looked dragged his bag inside he wondered if the room really was for him. To begin with it was bigger than any room in his house and it was too nice for a housekeeper to live in.

“Do you like the room?” Akihiko asked.

“Is this room for me?” Hiroki questioned.

Akihiko assumed Hiroki's question meant that he was displeased with the room and started scolding himself mentally.

'Stupid he doesn't like it. Why did you have to give him this room?' Akihiko thought.

“Wow this is such a big room and it has such a nice and big bed and such big cupboards! I can see the city from the window. Its so cool, look there is the amusement park over there,” Hiroki said rushing to the window and pointing out.

Akihiko looked as Hiroki jumped with joy as he pointed out the different places he could identify in the visible skyline. His heart beat fast as he looked on.

“Itou san can we please have dinner?” Hiroki asked sounding exhausted after a while.

“Ya sure. I will get the ramen out,” Akihiko said.

Hiroki followed Akihiko once again as they walked through the living room and entered a room on the right side of the corridor. Inside was a dining table with two chairs set in front of the kitchen area.

“Do you want pork or mushroom?” Akihiko asked as he opened a cabinet filled with cup noodles.

“Pork please,” Hiroki answered.

Akihiko took two pork flavour ramen cups out and placed them on the kitchen counter. He switched on the electric kettle before sitting down on one of the chairs.

“Sorry this is all I have today. I will get groceries tomorrow if you cook,” Akihiko said.

“Yes definitely. I think I can cook pretty well. Are you allergic to anything?” Hiroki asked.

“Not any that I know of. But I can tell you what I am fond of. I like prawn, chicken and also garlic,” Akihiko answered.

“Okay so I can make you a list of items to get tomorrow,” Hiroki suggested.

“That is a good idea,” Akihiko smiled.

“Itou san when do you wake up in the morning?” Hiroki asked.

“7am. Why?” Akihiko questioned.

“I would have your breakfast ready for you then before you leave for work,” Hiroki answered.

“Work? Well I am almost free for the entire month. I don't have to go out to work for now. And I think that you should start off with lunch because I don't have any eggs or rice or anything at the moment. I have been surviving on cereals straight from the box for breakfast and instant noodles for lunch and dinner these past few days,” Akihiko said.

The electric kettle beeped signifying that the water had boiled. Akihiko got up to unplug it. He considered what Hiroki thought as he poured the water into the cups.

'He thinks I am a salary-man. Should I tell him?' Akihiko thought as he handed a cup to Hiroki along with chopsticks.

“But that's not a good thing. You need to eat good home cooked meals if you want to stay healthy,” Hiroki said bringing Akihiko out of his thoughts.

“Its not like I can help it. I can't cook so for the moment its the only option,” Akihiko said.

“Don't worry. I will cook delicious food for you from now on,” Hiroki beamed.

“I am sure you will,” Akihiko smiled openly.

They talked about their interests and dislikes as they slurped up their ramen. After the meal was done Akihiko threw away the cups while Hiroki washed the chopsticks before replacing them in the drawer.

“Good night Hiroki,” Akihiko said as they began walking towards Hiroki's room.

“Good night Itou san,” Hiroki replied.

“Oh! Before you go this is the washroom,” Akihiko said opening the door opposite Hiroki's room and switching on the light.

Hiroki glanced in to see a tiled bathroom with a big white bathtub.

“Okay thank you,” Hiroki smiled before waving good night to Akihiko.

Akihiko looked as Hiroki closed the door before making his way upstairs.

Hiroki changed into his night clothes and placed his clothes in one of the cupboards. Back at home he had only one cupboard and that too a small one and at the moment he had three huge cupboards in his room. Hiroki could only wonder how he had suddenly gotten so lucky.

He closed the cupboard, brushed his teeth and finally lay down on the big bed. He soon fell asleep on the soft bed with three pillows to comfort him.

Akihiko on the other hand lay awake in bed. Was Hiroki really telling him the truth or was it some scheme like all the other times?

Since Akihiko was the only son of the Itou family many families had tried to patch up their daughters with him. Girls had declared their love for him many a times but he had never been interested because he knew that they were after only one thing and that was his money. He had never really let it get to him but now the thought bothered him. He wanted to love Hiroki and for Hiroki to love him back for what he was and not for his money or position.

…..................................................................................................................................................................

The next morning Akihiko came downstairs and opened the door to Hiroki's room to find it empty. He panicked for a moment but calmed down again when he saw that Hiroki's bag was still there.

He walked into the living room but couldn't find him there so he walked to the kitchen.

“Good morning Itou san,” Hiroki said placing a cup of coffee on the dining table.

“Good morning,” Akihiko nodded.

Hiroki was still in his night clothes and he walked around the counter to open a cabinet. Taking out the only cereal in it he poured it into a bowl along-with a spoon. He had already checked the fridge and found it empty except for the ice cream in the refrigerator.

“Did you sleep well?” Hiroki asked placing the bowl in front of Akihiko.

“Quite well. How did you sleep?” Akihiko inquired.

“The best sleep I have had in a long time. The bed is so soft and so are the pillows,” Hiroki chirped.

Akihiko smiled inwardly but didn't show it outwardly. He nodded before sipping into his coffee. It tasted different from the coffee he made everyday.

“I brewed the coffee on the gas today. Hope you don't mind. And I made a list of things that could be bought for the food and things. You can check it and see what is to be bought,” Hiroki said placing a piece of paper in front of Akihiko.

“The coffee is good. Make it like this from now on. And as for the list I will get everything you have written. The kitchen is completely your territory and I won't challenge the decisions you make here,” Akihiko said.

“Okay. Thank you,” Hiroki smiled as he poured himself some Choco Krispies before sitting down.

They completed the meal in silence other than the sound of the cereal. Once breakfast was done Akihiko got up to bathe.

“I will get changed and then I will get all the stuff you need,” Akihiko said.

“I can show you where to get the things,” Hiroki suggested.

Akihiko did not want to let Hiroki out of the house once again. He feared if he let Hiroki go out of the house he might not return.

“No. There is no need for that. I will get everything,” Akihiko said, determined to not let Hiroki go out.

......................................................................................................................................................................

“I am home,” Akihiko said as he entered the house with bags in his hand.

“Welcome back,” Hiroki said coming out of the living room.

Hiroki took some of the bags before walking back into the kitchen and placing them on the table. Akihiko followed him inside the kitchen, helping Hiroki take out the items from the bags.

Hiroki who had bathed and changed into a t-shirt and jeans started taking out some pots and pans to begin cooking.

“I hope that's all you asked me to bring,” Akihiko said.

“Yes. Thank you. I will call you when the food is ready,” Hiroki said.

Akihiko nodded before retiring to his room and sitting down in front of his computer. He typed in an email to an acquaintance asking for information about Hiroki Hayashi. He wanted to know more about Hiroki and this seemed to be the easiest way.

Akihiko was soon engrossed in his work when he heard Hiroki calling out his name.

“Itou san lunch is ready. Please come down,” Hiroki called down from the foot of the stairs.

Akihiko was hungry and he was excited to see what Hiroki had prepared for him. He quickly saved his work and came down to the kitchen. Hiroki had a light blue apron on while he was busy serving the food in bowls and Akihiko could not keep his eyes off the cute person in front of him.

“I made you some rice, pickled daikon, fried mushrooms and pork cutlets for lunch,” Hiroki said as he brought the bowls one by one to the table.

“Itadakimasu,”Akihiko said before he tasted the food in each bowl one after the other.

The items were very simply prepared but were very tasty at the same time.

Hiroki stood at the other corner of the table, looking nervously as Akihiko tasted his food. He made food at home sometimes but this was the first time he had cooked for someone other than his mother and sister.

“Its all really very tasty. Thank you for the delicious food. Hiroki don't stand there, sit down and begin your lunch,” Akihiko smiled.

Hiroki smiled in thanks as he brought his food over and sat down next to Akihiko.

Akihiko felt happy. It had been a very long time since he had shared lunch at home with someone.

Review!
Copyright © 2015 Amikawrite; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awww, now Akihiko won't be lonely anymore!

 

When he's done with Hiroki, maybe he can send him my way! lol Although Akihiko will probably never let Hiroki go! :)

Link to comment
On 11/15/2013 01:32 PM, Lisa said:
Awww, now Akihiko won't be lonely anymore!

 

When he's done with Hiroki, maybe he can send him my way! lol Although Akihiko will probably never let Hiroki go! :)

I hope so too :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..