Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tiny Bytes - 2. Prompt 38: Three Wishes 2.0

A second take on Writing Prompt 38. Again from the Genie's point of view.

"Three wishes?"

"Did I stutter?" Same stupid question. The look on his face, he thinks I'm just a smart ass. He lacks that unfocused delirium that comes from thinking he's struck it rich.

"Anything I want?"

Then again, what do I know. "No, Zach, not anything. I can give you things, not concepts. Oh yeah and don't try to be cute and ask for more wishes, that's been tried."

"Wasn't even a thought." Even if that was true, it doesn't matter, he's gonna ask for the same stuff as everyone else. "Can I think on it?"

Did I hear that right? "What was that?"

"Do I have to use them now? I want to think about what to ask for."

"Do I look like the sales staff at Macy's?" Did he just roll his eyes at me? "No you can't wait. Use em or lose em."

"Can I ask a few questions first?"

Well this is different. "Sorry, but no. You need to make them now."

"Thanks, but no. I'll lose em." Zach turn to leave, but I can't have that.

With a whiff of power, I'm in front of him. "You don't get to pass."

"Yeah, I do." Stepping to his left, he tries to walk around me. "I don't want to play this game."

I let him get three steps, then freeze him in mid-stride. Maybe my wish has come true. Walking behind him, I notice goose bumps as my breathe touches his neck. "You stay like this until you make your wishes."

"What happened to use em or lose em?"

He really doesn't want them. With a thought, I'm in front of him. I shrug, giving him my best smile. The glare says all I need to know; I've pissed him off.

"If that's how it has to be." He closes his eyes for a moment, then opens them, the same annoyed glint present. "I wish my grandmother, Alice Channing, had a new chair that was really comfortable for her. I wish the effects of global warming to be reversed and I wish you'd stop bothering me and go away."

"Those are your wishes?" Nothing for himself?

"Did I stutter?"

"Smart ass." I laughed and his expression softens slightly.

"Look, I played your game." Anger flares back into his face. "Those are my wishes, either give me them or don't."

My head tilts left while I size him up. Very cute, great eyes and a soul that calls to me. Yes, this could be him. My smile splits my face. "Very well."

Two snaps and it's done. I'm about to leave, but I decide to see how this plays out. "You're wishes are granted. I have begun the process of reducing global warming, it'll take a decade or two but that can't be helped. Your grandmother's new chair will be delivered today, with a card that says it's from you."

Fingers still up, I keep my smile trained on him and snap softly. His foot drops and he almost stumbles into me. "And? What about my third wish?"

I raise my eyebrows and shrug. "Already granted. I've stopped bothering you."

"But I said stop bothering me and go away."

Laughing, I get a smile. It was worth the wait. "That would be four wishes."

"Oh, yeah."

"How about you skip school and we go have lunch? My treat." Yes it would be my treat.

"Did you just ask me to go on a date with you?"

Oh yes, that smile is so cute. "I did."

"Okay." He nods grinning wider. "But you only get two more wishes."

This is what happens when I can't see what's next for a story I'm working on - I doddle or in this case dabble.

Here a link to where you can find the writing prompts - Lugh made me include it. :P

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/forum/97-writing-prompts/

Copyright © 2011 Andrew Q Gordon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 07/18/2011 08:17 AM, Frostina said:
I love Zach! lol

i so so so love him! :P

the last dialogue was truly awesome! ^_^

Thanks - I couldn't decide which one to go with the stupid or the good so I did both :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh, I liked the last one ... I loved this one! Tricky wee bugger, the wisher. I actually hoped he would get a fourth wish for his lack of selflessness. That would have been nice ... but I guess a potential lifetime with someone that can magic stuff up outta the ether would be puritty good! :D Nicely twisted at the end, there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Ooh, someone who is outside the box and thoughtful! I saw the wish for his grandma and just went... awwww!!! And gay to boot :P Good drabble

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You've hit on a way to use a story line in such a fabulous manner! specool.gif

 

I've rushed into this so fast that I have questions: Oh wait! (in progress). There's one answer! Where is this going? Oh wait! I have to wait? sad.gif

 

I'm thinkin' we're in for a lesson in/on humanities, no?

 

Love it!!!!

 

Thanks, Andy.cap.gif

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Not bad at all. Loved the very last line.

 

Near the end you wrote: "Did you just for me to go on a date with you?" Looks like you a verb, there. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I liked this one. :2thumbs:

 

The first one reminded me of a few bad jokes I've heard...one was about a cowboy who wished to be hung like his horse, but forgot he was riding the mare. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 08:54 AM, Dannsar said:
Oh, I liked the last one ... I loved this one! Tricky wee bugger, the wisher. I actually hoped he would get a fourth wish for his lack of selflessness. That would have been nice ... but I guess a potential lifetime with someone that can magic stuff up outta the ether would be puritty good! :D Nicely twisted at the end, there.
Yup that'd be cool if you got to spend a lifetime with a hottie in a bottle who could snap his fingers and make things happen. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 08:56 AM, Cia said:
Ooh, someone who is outside the box and thoughtful! I saw the wish for his grandma and just went... awwww!!! And gay to boot :P Good drabble

 

hehe, yeah I saw my granny in that one - she had this chair she LOVED to sit in ever night in her room - she was in an assisted living the last 8 years of her life, but that was her chair and whenever I was thoughtful enough to send her chocolate, she'd put them on the stand by her chair :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 09:05 AM, phana14 said:
You've hit on a way to use a story line in such a fabulous manner! specool.gif

 

I've rushed into this so fast that I have questions: Oh wait! (in progress). There's one answer! Where is this going? Oh wait! I have to wait? sad.gif

 

I'm thinkin' we're in for a lesson in/on humanities, no?

 

Love it!!!!

 

Thanks, Andy.cap.gif

 

I kind of thought the two had to go hand in hand, even if they weren't connected really, but I thought they worked as a pair. But I wrote the end first or at least 'saw' the end first and I worked around it. Thanks for the comments :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 09:15 AM, nop said:
Not bad at all. Loved the very last line.

 

Near the end you wrote: "Did you just for me to go on a date with you?" Looks like you a verb, there. :P

Oopps better run back and fix that - like I said this is me without make up err a beta and editor - terribly sloppy at self editing. :) Thanks for the assist :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 09:31 AM, Conner said:
I liked this one. :2thumbs:

 

The first one reminded me of a few bad jokes I've heard...one was about a cowboy who wished to be hung like his horse, but forgot he was riding the mare. :D

Oh my :o I laughed at that and now i have to explain why LOL Thanks Connor.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

hehehe, cute. Smart. I like it. :)

 

Two more wishes, eh? While I think this works very well on its own as a story, it would be interesting to see where this goes... :D

 

:2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 11:56 AM, AnytaSunday said:
hehehe, cute. Smart. I like it. :)

 

Two more wishes, eh? While I think this works very well on its own as a story, it would be interesting to see where this goes... :D

 

:2thumbs:

NOOOOOOO!!! I do NOT need anything else to add to the list of things I need to work on later on. :P But yeah, an eye for an eye a wish for a wish??? Just think, you DIDN'T get to see this first. LOL
  • Like 1
Link to comment

This would make a great story idea.

 

 

Also (no offence intended) I can see why people need betas/editors - I guess it was about time for me to accept that not everyone self corrects themselves as they write text.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 04:08 PM, XBadboyX said:
This would make a great story idea.

 

 

Also (no offence intended) I can see why people need betas/editors - I guess it was about time for me to accept that not everyone self corrects themselves as they write text.

 

None taken - it's true. Part though not all by any means - of my issue is dyslexia - If I don't let things sit for a few days I see what I thought I wrote and I don't see tense very well - the rest is . . . IDK why I can't self edit better - but I definitely can't self correct as I write. And the premise of this is no editor, no beta, just write it and post it - with some self editing of course :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment

In any story I've read the Genie never grants the wishes exactly as you would hope for. I like your twist here for Zach. At least the kid didn't wish for any of the usual stuff. Nice job Andy. Wonder what will happpen now that the Genie is dating him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 10:02 PM, Swhouston44 said:
I read it and I liked it....One more wish!
Thanks :) Oh, and what would be your one more wish?? 0:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 11:02 PM, comicfan said:
In any story I've read the Genie never grants the wishes exactly as you would hope for. I like your twist here for Zach. At least the kid didn't wish for any of the usual stuff. Nice job Andy. Wonder what will happpen now that the Genie is dating him.
Well if I were really thinking about this more - and I am so not - but I would say Zach's used up his wishes and the Genie can't give him any more. So who knows beyond that :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..