Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tiny Bytes - 1. Pompt 38: Three Wishes 1.0

Writing Prompt 38 was three wishes - I'm taking two different stabs at it, both from the Genie's perspective.

"Three wishes?" The glee in his voice makes it hard not to roll my eyes. Another one of those. Why can't I find the right one?

"Yes, Corey, three wishes. But, be careful what you ask for, you may regret the choice." He won't listen, he's just like the rest.

"Is this a joke? I mean, are you really a genie?"

"Yes, watch." He's not the one, why drag this out? First I disappear and his eyes go wide. Just to be sure I create smoke from nowhere and reappear. "Believe me now?"

"Holy shit! A real genie and I get three freakin wishes." He eyes lose focus as he dreams about his fondest wishes.

I don't mean to be cruel, but I'm tired of sifting through the dredges to find the one. What will this one ask for? Money? Power? Women?

"Remember, be careful, you're wishes will be granted, but maybe not in the way you expect." At least by warning them, I don't feel bad when they ignore me.

"Yeah, I get you." His tongue slips out over his dry lips. "I wish for a billion dollars, I wish women found me attractive and I wish I was really smart."

Gads, how often will I get these three wishes. No one has any imagination anymore. "Are you sure?" I wonder if he'll hear how bored I am.

"Fuck yeah." He looks at me like I'm crazy. Fine, he'll get what he wants.

Sometimes it's too easy. Snapping my fingers, I grant his fondest wishes.

The small poodle, that replaces Corey looks up at me. Oh yeah, he understands me, but he in all other ways, he's a dog.

"You have a trust fund with a billion dollars in it. When you die, the money goes to organizations that protect animals. No worries, you're just a puppy, you'll live a full dog's life. As a puppy, you're irresistible to women. Oh yeah, your wicked smart - for a dog."

A limo pulls up and I hand the leash to the driver. "He's all yours."

I wonder if Corey sees the smirk on the man's face. The billion dollar dog is going to have some life.

Maybe the next one. Yeah right. Keep wishing.

Here a link to where you can find the writing prompts - Lugh made me include it. :P

http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/forum/97-writing-prompts/

Copyright © 2011 Andrew Q Gordon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Ha Ha Ha! I've heard that the djinn are are tricksy folk. Most of the time it takes the advent of a lawyer to make a flaw proof wish. What would you wish for??? I'm sure you could do it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh Mr.! The pastimes of the jaded or what! :P Loved it. Thought he might be a bit horrible, but that was just full on out of leftfield. But then, I suppose that a lack of altruism in the wishes deserved a bit of misanthropy in their granting! :P

 

Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You are something else, Andy!

 

I just wandered in for a nightcap and found this-and now I have to read the next chapter-and then I just KNOW I'll be hooked AGAIN!

 

You!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 08:47 AM, Cia said:
Ha Ha Ha! I've heard that the djinn are are tricksy folk. Most of the time it takes the advent of a lawyer to make a flaw proof wish. What would you wish for??? I'm sure you could do it!
Oh no, I'm saving my wishes for when I really get to make em. But they'd be boring - I have most of what I want and all of what I need already :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 08:47 AM, Dannsar said:
Oh Mr.! The pastimes of the jaded or what! :P Loved it. Thought he might be a bit horrible, but that was just full on out of leftfield. But then, I suppose that a lack of altruism in the wishes deserved a bit of misanthropy in their granting! :P

 

Thank you.

:blink: dude - ease up on the big words - I'm not that bright :blink: Thanks Dann - I'd be a terrible Genie if I had to give out wishes. I'd find some way to muck em up a bit unless they were good ones. :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 08:50 AM, phana14 said:
You are something else, Andy!

 

I just wandered in for a nightcap and found this-and now I have to read the next chapter-and then I just KNOW I'll be hooked AGAIN!

 

You!

haha there are no more chapters, well at least not for the dreamin genie :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I guess he's gotta be one of those dogs with real hair, right. So even those with allergies would love him.

 

Love this, very funny. teehee.

 

Also, awesome practice for the present tense. :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 11:52 AM, AnytaSunday said:
I guess he's gotta be one of those dogs with real hair, right. So even those with allergies would love him.

 

Love this, very funny. teehee.

 

Also, awesome practice for the present tense. :D

Well thank you - and you of all folks know how much I need help with that for - oh I don't know - something 0:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

To be honest I kind of expected the jaded attitude but I certainly didn't expect the way they were granted!

 

Sucks for the boy though, haha :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 04:02 PM, XBadboyX said:
To be honest I kind of expected the jaded attitude but I certainly didn't expect the way they were granted!

 

Sucks for the boy though, haha :P

Well .. yeah guess it does suck to be the boy :P but I figured I wanted something different - so I did LOL
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well he had his wishes fulfilled, can't blame the Genie for how. Like a nice twist to the tale. Never heard of Genie exactly granting the wish as is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/18/2011 11:05 PM, comicfan said:
Well he had his wishes fulfilled, can't blame the Genie for how. Like a nice twist to the tale. Never heard of Genie exactly granting the wish as is.
that was the idea, be careful what you wish for it could turn out bad. But I wanted to portray this from the Genie's side to show how disillusioned he was with things. :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like your take on this writing prompt. The genie is just so funny :D Enjoyed reading this one very much ^_^ Good job :2thumbs:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/19/2011 04:42 AM, jian_sierra said:
I like your take on this writing prompt. The genie is just so funny :D Enjoyed reading this one very much ^_^ Good job :2thumbs:
Thanks John, I didn't want to do the same as everyone else so i tried it from a different side. It was just me avoiding doing more work on Purpose :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..