Jump to content
    Ashi
  • Author
  • 515 Words
  • 310 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
The story is a work of fictional, based on real locations weaved into selected major events happened in the year 2019.  The history of San Francisco is researched to the best of the author's ability.  Characters however are fictitious.  Attached photos are used to enhance the story but the author reserves the right to remove them or substitute them.  Please do not use/link photos without author's permission.

The Sojourner of San Francisco - 7. LTR/07: If Life Is a Stage, Does that Mean Your Life Is Scripted? Me Too. High Five!

Please stay calm and be positive. Do a random act of kindness (or happiness) to a stranger. I challenge you.

FROM: Sojourner

TO: Perfect Stranger

DATE: JUN-04-2019

 

Dear Stranger,

I’ve been strolling around Golden Gate Park last couple of weeks. I found out if you drove here early enough, you might still find some free parking spaces on Fulton Street without hour limitation. Maybe you already knew that, but I think it’s nice to share.

Observation tower level of de Young Museum is where you want to be. You can definitely spot the orderly rows of residential area so typical of Richmond and Sunset Districts which flank the museum. Golden Gate Bridge is looming if weather permits. Of course, you can see the Living Roof of California Academy of Sciences across the Music Concourse, and the omnipresent Sutro Tower though miles away, looks only like few feet behind.

Well, I’ve been concerning about my saving in the bank. Saving, what’s that? I know right? Well, it’s something a single person without kid has, because he lives with his parents trying to save up for home down payment. Then he watches housing price increases several folds over his pay, while the money in the bank is being depreciated by inflation. What’s the point of this saving? He doubts. Hey, at least he’s not homeless…, yet. That’s the life around the Bay. True story.

Anyways, so yeah, I am depleting my mortgage slave fund to take this therapeutic trip. Unless I get married of course, then there is a very slight chance of building a home together. Well, happiness is only real when shared, right? Yup, Alexander Supertramp again. Did you see that coming? Haha.

If things get worse with money, I guess I’ll just cut the trip short, but I’m determined to carry on. For now, I’ll just be more mindful of my expenses. Here is my GoFundMe account for your consideration. Just kidding! Haha

Speaking of a happiness when shared…, wow, almost a decade now. There was this random stranger asking for directions. The Shy Boi Automated Defense System™ must have gone down that day, along with my general skepticism of humanity, because I ended up letting him hitchhike. I was driving toward that direction anyways. Never in my life I’d imagine having a good time. We passed through some really beautiful San Francisco landmarks along the way: Golden Gate Bridge, the Presidio, Palace of Fine Arts, Crissy Field Marsh, Fort Mason, and Fisherman’s Wharf. He was a great conversationist, so time went by fast.

What seemed to be a random act of kindness, now I think of it, might not be so random after all. I just came out to my mom the day before, and my best friend passed away a month before that. You see, dear Perfect Stranger, it was a dark period. Somehow, I was lifted by a coincidental happenstance. Though bad things had already happened at home which could never be reversed, but it’s still important to reinvigorate each future day, you know. I wished I had figured that out when I was in high school. Do you remember your high school days?

Lovingly yours,

 

Sojourner

I just want to say the story is on limbo with the publishing of this chapter. Thank you for reading it so far. There are a couple more chapters ready in the pipeline, but they're more negative, and I don't like leaving people hanging while with all these background noises in RL. No, I'd prefer all those real life melodramas go away before I post my melodrama. LOL I just want you to know after all the darkness, there will be some light. Stay strong and make a difference.
Copyright © 2020 Ashi; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 2
I have tried my best to research depression and suicide issues.  My time writing the story runs short due to recall back to my real life work, so some parts may not be the best.  It is not meant to cause distress if the issues presented in the story are not well-represented, especially about the issue of depression and suicidal thought.  Please feel free to contact me via PM or comments, so I can improve the story whenever possible.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..