Jump to content
    astone2292
  • Author
  • 560 Words
  • 489 Views
  • 12 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Writings of a Drunken Stone - 1. June 9th, 2023

Holy shit, this bubble bath feels orgasmic. Like, it compares to a thousand lava angels gracing me with their smoldering kisses across my… well, you know. My chest and face are being blasted with the breath of the icy product of my ever-working air conditioner. Is this a divine serenity that I’ve been blessed with?

The delicate task of balancing this notepad on my bathtub’s ledge is unfortunately sobering. It reminds me of the arduous day of work. One more vater will calm my nerves. But then again, so will a movement of my leg in this water. It ripples, blessing unsoaked skin and relieving the cells of any mental anguish. Fuck. Almost dropped my pen. Would I have become Paul Giamatti from “Big Fat Liar” or no? I hope not. I love French Bulldogs but I don’t want to look like one.

Let me vent for a while as I revel in my luscious environment… Who am I kidding? I’m sitting in an apartment bathtub with a Dollar General apple-scented candle. After a long day of sweating in an un-air-conditioned liquor store, piecing together and stocking two giant shelving units, I deserved to drink on the job a bit. Just three vaters, and I quickly realized I’m a lightweight. I work with the stuff. The more I handle it, the less I desire it. But tonight, I needed it.

Looking back on my scribbled words, I want to laugh aloud but Noah is trying to sleep. I’m grateful for him; taking me to and from work, only to wake in six hours to go himself. He’s a real soul, and I’m glad to know every bit of him.

The bubbles are waning, yet the water remains warm. A prune I shall be! I deserve it. Showcasing a store’s inventory to patrons whilst they revel in the comfort of their cars… How exhausting. Naming every Cabernet, Bud Light size and quantity, and seltzer we carry takes its toll. Then they ask about variety packs. “What flavors come in each pack?” I should throw my shoe at them. Like, damn! The thought of my footwear slapping their faces would be worth the cost of stepping on the cold and damp pavement to retrieve my Sketcher.

Noah just brew his nose. Poor thing. You would think he’d come in here to get a Benadryl from the closet, but no. After nearly three years of marriage, he still respects my desire to soak in peace. He’s a better man than me. I’d barge right in and raid the medicine bucket. Yes, we have a medicine bucket.

I love the word-art in my bathroom. “My aim is to keep this bathroom clean. Your aim will help.” Right above the throne. A true call to my redneck roots. Such a chuckle-worthy note that, I’m sure, many have in their own homes. Such a hunky-dory thing that gets a comical rise out of people. Kind of a “As for me and my home,” moment, like those Mayberry motherfuckers that have a vertical, “WELCOME!” sign on their front porch. I can’t complain too much. I have a couple of these signs, but they’re so much funnier. Such as, “As for me and my house, we will serve tacos. Salsa 24:7.” Oh, my God, I’m basic! AAAUUUGHH!

Eew. My feet are pruning. Time to get out.

Copyright © 2023 astone2292; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 2
  • Haha 11
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

29 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

It's a good thing you are editing whilst sober, otherwise you could be responsible for a universal conflagration, or aliens invading the planet...BTW...June 9 is the day I became 39 again for...well...just take my word for it!!

At the End of the Rainbow | Laugh to Death

Happy belated birthday, Doc! 

I was awfully tempted to not edit, just to see everyone's reaction to the reckless abandon. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, re2 said:

Y’all are both crazy. Love it. 

Should I mention my copy of Kohler's Pig I have in my kitchen? (Art of a pig jumping off a wooden pier into a lake)

  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

This is brilliant 👏 

Thanks, Chris! I've had a couple of beers but I don't think drunk Aaron's coming out tonight. Glad you liked this.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, kbois said:

Shall I hold hostage some screenshots of your drunken chat messages? Bwaahahaha!

Ohhh...do share....is it time for a double dog dare???

Edited by drsawzall
  • Haha 5
Link to comment

And I thought I was the only one that had a medicine bucket!!!  Of course if you look in my cabinet, you will find the bucket full of over the counter things that I am allowed to take and beside it you will find lines of meds that I take daily for my kidney disease, all lined up by size and day/nighttime meds.  Then beside them, you will find the pill box with my meds in little compartments.  ⚕️All of them organized by the times I take them.  I am just a little OCD...hahaha 

Absolutely love the Writings of a Drunken Stone!!!  This was a lot of fun to read!  But you know me, you could write blah, blah, blah and I would think it was better than the works of Shakespeare...  :2thumbs::heart:

  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Patch1 said:

And I thought I was the only one that had a medicine bucket!!!  Of course if you look in my cabinet, you will find the bucket full of over the counter things that I am allowed to take and beside it you will find lines of meds that I take daily for my kidney disease, all lined up by size and day/nighttime meds.  Then beside them, you will find the pill box with my meds in little compartments.  ⚕️All of them organized by the times I take them.  I am just a little OCD...hahaha 

Absolutely love the Writings of a Drunken Stone!!!  This was a lot of fun to read!  But you know me, you could write blah, blah, blah and I would think it was better than the works of Shakespeare...  :2thumbs::heart:

At the moment, our "bucket" is an old plastic lunchbox. 

Always happy to see your comments, Patch!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..