Jump to content
    Bill W
  • Author
  • 4,068 Words
  • 3,158 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Castaway Hotel - 7 - 38. Chapter 38 - Worries And Diversions

“Hello, may I speak with Josh Currie, please?” the voice on the other end of the receiver asked.

“Speaking,” I replied, although it was not my usual response.

“This is Captain Charles De Luca,” he informed me. “I’m in charge of the local State Police barracks and Judge Shay suggested I call you for information. Steve said something about his adopted son disappearing and you’d be able to give me more details.”

“Yes, and thank you for getting in touch with me,” I told him. “Steve’s my best friend and Vinnie has been living here with me for quite a while.”

“I won’t ask why,” he stated dryly, “but I’m going to need some information. What is the boy’s full name and description?”

“His proper name is Alvin Mitchell Rydell-Shay. The last name is hyphenated and he likes to be called Vinnie,” I told him.

“And he is Judge Shay’s adopted son?” I knew why he was confused.

“Legally, he is, although Vinnie decided to keep his biological parents’ surname and hyphenate it with Judge Shay’s,” I explained. “His mother and father were in one of the planes that crashed into the World Trade Center on September eleventh and he thought he should honor them by keeping their name too. Steve understood and agreed.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry to hear that and now I understand,” he apologized. “Please forgive me, if I sounded cold and unfeeling earlier.” It was amazing how tying this to September eleventh had given him an instant attitude adjustment and made him more sensitive to our plight.

“It’s not a problem, but let’s get back to Vinnie,” I urged. “He’s eighteen, five foot-six inches tall, has brown hair and brown eyes, and uses metal crutches. He was born with cerebral palsy and can’t get around well without them.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear that too,” he offered, sincerely. “Do you have a picture of him?”

“Yes, I do, and I’ll drop it off wherever you wish,” I told him.

“That won’t be necessary,” he informed me. “I’ll have a car drop by and pick it up. Can you tell me when and where he was last seen?”

“Yes. He left for Temple University after he finished his last class on Friday, so he could visit one of my sons,” I began. “No one has seen or heard from Vinnie since. We are all beside ourselves with worry and afraid something has happened to him. A couple of us have driven the route Vinnie would have taken to and from Philadelphia, but we saw no sign of him. There was some indication he got to Philadelphia, but then left before he spent any time with my son.”

“We’ll probably need to talk to your son,” he informed me, “to see if he can provide us with any other clues.”

“I know, but can that wait a bit,” I wondered, “because my son is really taking this very hard. Yesterday, we drove to and from Temple University and my son wanted to leave school and come with us, so he could help look too. I had all I could do to make him stay there, so I don’t want him to feel the situation is dire.”

“We’ll do our best to keep that from happening,” he agreed, “but we will need to get any information he might be able to provide and learn what he noticed to make him think the young man had arrived and then left. It would help if we could find anyone who might have seen what direction the young man was going when he left.”

“I understand,” I acknowledged.

“What kind of vehicle was he driving?” De Luca asked.

“He was in a 1998 Silver Toyota 4Runner, Limited 4 X 4, with Pennsylvania D.A.R.E. license plates, number DA 978.”

“Great! I have all the information I need,” he confirmed. “I’ll fill out a report and get this information out to the field as quickly as I can. Let me give you my home and work numbers, so you’ll be able to call me if you hear anything from him in the meantime.”

I grabbed a piece of paper and wrote down the information he gave me and then thanked him for his help. After I hung up, I informed everyone about what he told me he was going to do and then we began to prepare for our delayed Valentine’s Day party.

I felt bad the boys had to put this off until today, because we planned this for them, not for Jake and I. I did understand why they wanted us to be part of it too, but it did mess up some of their plans. Fortunately, all of their dates understood and still agreed to attend, but I wasn’t sure it was going to be the same. Just the same, I sent the boys up to set out what they were planning to wear.

Before we went to change, Jake and I took the time to make sure everything was set up as we had planned. We knew Susan would be arriving shortly, to begin preparing the meal, and I didn’t want her to contend with other distractions. Once we finished doing that, Jake and I sat down to discuss what options we might have concerning Vinnie.

Susan arrived a few minutes later and announced she had brought a great many items with her. She told us she had begun her preparations at home and that’s why she had so much to carry in. All she planned to do here was to use our ovens to cook the meal and then, she’d serve it, after filling everyone’s drink order. Jake and I quickly volunteered to help her bring everything inside, and then we left Susan to work her magic in the kitchen.

Before Jake and I went to our room to get ready, a patrol car showed up to pick up Vinnie’s photo. After they left, Jake and I went to change, while the finishing touches were added to the food. When we came back out, all the boys were starting to come downstairs, probably because the smell of the food had lured them. They were hoping they might even be given samples first, but that didn’t happen. I had to admit it did smell wonderful.

I was also impressed when I saw the boys. Some of them were dressed in suits or sport coats, while the others were dressed in nice sweaters and slacks. They all looked very handsome.

At that point, Cole and Mark left to pick up their girlfriends, and Jake went to pick up Peter’s date. Yes, at nearly the last minute, Peter had invited a young girl he’d met at school and she accepted.

Andrew’s friend’s parents had dropped him off the previous evening and he had spent the night, so he was already with us. In fact, his parents had no qualms when he advised them the party had been postponed until this afternoon, so he wouldn’t be home until Sunday night. As I told you, they are very liberal and open-minded.

It wasn’t long before the four of them were returning, with their dates on their arms. After exchanging greetings with the three girls, I apologized for having postponed this event until today. They each said they understood and it was no problem.

I did notice that all of the girls were sporting a nice corsage, which I suspected they had been given by their date. Mark’s girlfriend had her corsage fastened to her lovely dress, while Cole and Peter had given their dates wrist corsages. I was just about to suggest that we should go in and be seated when Frankie came downstairs. Wow! I was in for another surprise.

Even though I knew he wanted to make this a formal affair, I hadn’t expected him to rent a tux just to wait on tables, but he had. Boy, did he look awesome. I think the girls noticed him, as well. Frankie led us to our places, in pairs, and seated us. He had everything set up in advance.

There were four card tables, arranged where our large dining room table would normally have been, and each was covered with a nice tablecloth. They also had a candle placed in the center, for atmosphere. The silverware was laid out in its appropriate place and the napkin was folded so it stood up where the plate would eventually be set.

Jake and I were seated with Mark and his date. The next table had Sammy, Ted, Graham and Little Ricky, so that Sammy and Graham were on either side of Ted. The next table was for Trey, Dion, Andrew and his little friend. The last table was for Cole, Peter and their dates, so it all worked out quite nicely.

Once we were seated, Frankie lit the candles and Susan took our drink orders. There was wine, beer and mixed drinks for those of age and soft drinks for those who were not. While she went to fetch our desired beverage, Frankie asked us which dressing we would like on our salad. Before long we were starting on the first course, but still managed to talk in between bites.

Even though none of us was really in the mood to celebrate, we realized how much work Susan had put in to do this for us. Therefore, we did all we could so we didn’t disappoint her.

When all the salads had been consumed, Frankie collected our salad bowls, before he returned with the main course, dished out appetizingly on our best dinnerware. The Duck L’Orange was moist and had a marvelous flavor. Although I wasn’t sure how everyone would take to the asparagus soufflé, they all seemed to enjoy it. The creamed potatoes were wonderfully done as well, so everything was perfect.

I had told Susan, in advance, that everyone would be allowed one glass of wine with their meal, which they all took advantage of. I had checked with their parents first, to make certain this wouldn’t be a problem, and they all agreed it would be fine. When Susan refilled my glass, I happily passed my compliments concerning the wonderful meal.

Once those dishes were cleared, we were asked what topping we would like on our cheesecake and then they were delivered to the table. The girls cooed seeing the little heart-shaped treats with the red foil Hershey’s kisses lined around it, and it was the lightest cheesecake I think I’ve ever eaten. All in all, it was at least a four-star meal.

Once the dishes were cleared and we were finishing our drinks, I began to hear music filtering out of the rec room and noticed some of the boys taking their dates back to dance. Jake and I got up to join them and walked into a dimly lit room, with romantic music setting the mood. Although I wouldn’t remember every tune they played that evening, there was a nice variety of old and new songs. However, there were three songs that particularly caught my attention.

The first was “Valentine”, by Martina McBride. At first, I was surprised to hear a country song, but quickly learned Cole had taken a liking to this genre of music during our vacation. Unbeknownst to me, he had been listening to it when he was alone and had become quite a connoisseur. It was he who had requested this particular number and the lyrics went like this.

If there were no words, no way to speak
I would still hear you
If there were no tears, no way to feel inside
I’d still feel for you
And even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart
Until the end of time
You’re all I need, my love
My Valentine

All of my life
I’ve been waiting for all you give to me
You’ve opened my eyes
And showed me how to love unselfishly

I’ve dreamed of this a thousand times
Before, but in my dreams, I couldn’t love you more
I will give you my heart until the end of time
You’re all I need, my love
My Valentine

And even if the sun refused to shine
Even if romance ran out of rhyme
You would still have my heart
Until the end of time
Cause all I need is you
My Valentine
You’re all I need, my love
My Valentine

I found those words to be hauntingly beautiful and very appropriate for the occasion. I also noticed it led to some serious cuddling and kissing while it was playing. In fact, I think that song was played three or four times during the remainder of this get together, as the couples seemed to take a special fancy to it too.

The second song that struck me was an N Sync tune, called “God Must Have Spent A Little More Time On You.” I’m not sure why it caught my attention, because I’m not a big fan of most of those boy groups, except to gawk at them. They seem to be more about putting on a show, rather than focusing on the music, but I still seemed to enjoy this particular number. This is how its lyrics went.

Can this be true, tell me can this be real
How can I put into words what I feel?
My life was complete. I thought it was whole.
Why do I feel like I’m losing control?

I never thought that love could feel like this
Then you changed my world with just one kiss
How can it be that right here with me
There’s an angel. It’s a miracle.

Your love is like a river
Peaceful and deep
Your soul is like a secret that I never could keep
When I look into your eyes
I know that it’s true
God must have spent a little more time on you
Oh, a little more time, yes he did, baby

In all of creation, all things great and small
You are the one that surpasses them all
More precious than any diamond or pearl
They broke the mold when you came in this world

And I’m trying hard to figure out
Just how I ever did without
The warmth of your smile. The heart of a child.
That’s deep inside and leaves me purified

Your love is like a river
Peaceful and deep
Your soul is like a secret that I never could keep
When I look into your eyes
I know that it’s true
God must have spent a little more time on you
Oh, you… yes he did, baby

I never thought that love could feel like this
Then you changed my world with just one kiss
How can it be that right here with me
There is an angel. It’s a miracle.

Your love is like a river
Peaceful and deep
Your soul is like a secret that I never could keep
When I look into your eyes
I know that it’s true
God must have spent a little more time on you

On you…
God must have spent a little more time on you
A little more time on you, oh.

The last of the three songs that made me take notice was another country song, which was once again selected by Cole. Once more, it suited the event to a tee and was very well received. It was “Breathe”, by Faith Hill. These are the lyrics.

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face and I’ve
Never been this swept away

All my thoughts just seem to settle on the breeze
When I’m lying wrapped up in your arms
The whole world just fades away
The only thing I hear
Is the beating of your heart

‘Cause I can feel you breathe
It’s washing over me
Suddenly I’m melting into you
There’s nothing left to prove
Baby all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn’t that the way that love’s supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

In a way I know my heart is waking up
As all the walls come tumbling down
I’m closer than I’ve ever felt before
And I know
And you know
There’s no need for words right now

‘Cause I can feel you breathe
It’s washing over me
Suddenly I’m melting into you
There’s nothing left to prove
Baby all we need is just to be
Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn’t that the way that love’s supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

Caught up in the touch
The slow and steady rush
Baby, isn’t that the way that love’s supposed to be
I can feel you breathe
Just breathe

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you gets me that way

Everyone had been dancing very closely together the whole evening, which included Jake and I. However, no one stared at anyone else or made any comments, as they were too caught up in paying attention to their own partner. I did let my eyes wander around the room from time to time, so I could check on all of my children. That’s when I noticed Frankie dancing with Susan one time and then with Jane at another. It was nice to see them enjoying themselves too and I think Mark got an extraordinary delight out of seeing his mother having a good time. I know Mark thanked Frankie after everyone else went home and I thanked Frankie too, for spending time with both women.

I got a particular thrill out of watching Ted dancing with Sammy, as this was his first real date since he learned how to dance on New Year’s Eve. He was a little hesitant at first, but warmed up quickly as the evening wore on. I was glad his Aunt Jane had stayed out of the rec room until after he had gotten started. She, along with Susan and Frankie, had enjoyed the same meal we had, but they waited until after we were dancing before they sat down to eat. By the time Jane came back to watch her nephew and dance with Frankie, he had lost all of his inhibitions.

Over the course of the next few hours, Frankie, Jake and I all took turns dancing with her, as well as with Susan. It was our way of thanking them for everything they had done to help out. Although dancing with them was very nice, Jake and I spent most of our time together.

I also enjoyed watching Andrew dance with his little friend, who also took a while to warm up to the action. At one point, I even saw them give each other a kiss, which was tentative at first, but soon turned into a very energetic exchange. I learned later the boy was hesitant to do this in front of the others, but once he saw everyone else doing it too, he relaxed and went with the flow.

I even saw Peter and Cole dancing with their dates. I knew each of the girls, because they had attended my middle school when I was principal there, and all of them seemed to be fine with the boys that were with other boys. They danced a lot together and I did notice them kissing as well, or snogging, as Peter would say, so they seemed to be getting along fine.

In the middle of our dancing, the phone rang, so I raced to answer it. I thought it might be Vinnie calling or news about him. However, it was just Kevin, calling in to see if we had heard anything. I could tell he’d been crying again, possibly for most of the day, although he wouldn’t confirm it. I knew I’d have a major problem on my hands, if something did happen to Vinnie, and not just with getting Vinnie well again. Kevin would be inconsolable and never forgive himself, if something like that were to happen. Therefore, I could only pray for both of my boys.

After going back to the party, I continued to have a good time, until calling an end to the festivities around 7:00. Ted and his Aunt Jane had to leave and the rest of us all had school the next day. I hated to call a halt to such a wonderful time, but I had to put my role as parent first and my wanting to continue spending time with my lover after that.

I did get more than a few mild protests, but Jane helped to end the uprising by saying they really did have to go and they would appreciate help carrying their things out to the car. Of course, Sammy and Graham bolted to assist them, with Little Ricky in hot pursuit, so my being a miserable ogre was momentarily forgotten. Mark and Cole volunteered to drop Peter and Andrew’s dates off as well, and those boys accompanied them when they did so.

Once everyone returned, I was able to learn that the previous evening hadn’t been an entire loss, at least as far as some of the boys were concerned. Although they were also worried about Vinnie, their raging hormones helped them forget, at least temporarily, about Vinnie’s plight.

Sammy made certain that Ted spent the night with him, while Graham and Little Ricky shared a room. Ted was eager to have another sexual experience with Sammy, while Little Ricky and Graham did the same. The boys had also been wise enough to put Jane in Vinnie and Kevin’s room, on the first floor, so she wouldn’t hinder their fun.

Andrew also got more than he expected, when his friend spent the night. After noticing some of the other boys going to take a shower together, Andrew’s friend suggested they could do the same. Andrew was ecstatic at the idea and eagerly agreed. Once they stripped down, Andrew noticed the boy was circumcised and had a few scattered hairs above his penis, but it wasn’t much larger than his own. Suddenly, he felt more confident than he otherwise might have.

While the boys showered, they even agreed to touch each other and do a little mutual exploration. Andrew didn’t have to explain about being uncircumcised, since the boy’s parents must have told him about the differences at some point. This meant they could focus on each other, without having to ask or answer questions.

During this exploratory process, both boys got boners, but decided to wait until they got back to Andrew’s room before taking care of them. Andrew was a little disappointed, but that didn’t last for long. Once they were alone in his room, the boy offered to masturbate Andrew, if he would do the same for him. Andrew immediately agreed and they jumped on the bed together.

Andrew’s friend quickly stroked him to his dry orgasm and then Andrew returned the favor. The boy took a little longer to get off, but when he did, he produced a small amount of immature ejaculate. The boy admitted it was only the second or third time it had happened, so once again it didn’t make Andrew feel too bad.

Once the boy cleaned up, Andrew asked him if he’d ever had a blowjob and the boy said no. Andrew asked if he wanted to try, and after thinking about it for a few minutes, he agreed he did. Hesitantly, he let Andrew position him so they could suck each other off, even though they had both climaxed just a short time before.

Once he began to feel how good this felt, the boy enthusiastically took part in both the giving and receiving of oral sex. Although neither of them had another orgasm, they both enjoyed what they had done. From what Andrew told me, he thought they’d be getting together again in the future, so they could try more things together.

Now, other than Jake, the only thing that occupied my thoughts was Vinnie. ‘Where the hell are you and why haven’t you called?’ I wondered.

Copyright © 2010 Bill W; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..