Jump to content
    Celethiel
  • Author
  • 1,362 Words
  • 1,458 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Children of Kishar - 1. Chapter 1

Jeremy and his twin brother, Andrew walked along the streets of Newcastle, in England. They didn't especially stand out in the crowded wintry streets, looking like a couple of twenty-year olds in long dark blue trench coats.

Though if one came close enough to them, one would notice a small point to their ears, and have a sense of un-earthliness about them. Their coats were also were a bit odd, looking almost medieval in style, and having been embroidered in silver, that almost glowed, though this was not very noticeable in the daylight, and finally the two seemed a bit underdressed for the weather.

Andrew looked at his brother, "are you sure he was here Jeremy."

Jeremy pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose shadowing his bright Green eyes, "yes Andrew, a Scion of Kishar is here, though I have the feeling we might want to hurry, something stirs, even the weather is not normal for England."

Andrew nodded his head; his ice blue eyes looking up at the sky, "I sense it too," then letting the subject drop. The two trudged on through the snow in silence...

....

A teenager sat in his room looking out the window bored as he wished it was summer so he could go outside and skate, or at least that the Transit would work so that he could go somewhere else, specifically the indoor skating rink.

Ry rubbed his hands on his arms, as he breathed out, seeing a his breath fogging up the air, "man it's cold in here the radiator's got to be on the fritz again" he walked the Radiator and gave it a kick.

Instead of doing nothing, or starting up even, it started giving off steam, cold steam, and in the process he hurt his foot. "What the Fuck, Man!" he yelled as the room started to fill up with cold steam. Ry immediately grabbed his laptop and ran from the room, closing the door behind him.

He breathed a sigh of relief, "that was really weird, it looks like I am going to have to stay in the living room again."

Something wet and cold dripped on his shoulder, soaking through his tee shirt. The shirt immediately began to smoke being eaten away. "What the..." with that he immediately ripped off his shirt before what ever it was ate into his skin, moving away from the door and running down the stairs to the bathroom on the lower floor. Looking at his shoulder to see a small burn mark on his skin. "That's really just Shit!" he cursed.

From up the stairs he heard a booming sound as if something was trying to get through the door in his bedroom. Ry turned and ran back out into the living room looking up the stairs at his door, seeing it bulge outwards visibly. "Well shit." Then he noticed that a weird clear gooey substance was quite literally flowing out over and under the door and off of the upper floor into the living room.

"Fuck this shit! I’m outa here." with that he grabbed his coat, and attempted to open the door to the house, only to find it stuck, frozen shut, ice coating pretty much all the edges, and frost covered the door. "What the hell!" he shouted.

Just then upstairs the door to his room blasted apart sending shards outward across the upstairs, and this strange creature made of the same ooze that was dripping down the door slithered out of the room. Its eyes glowed an evil red, and cold steam seemed to rise from it.

Ry turned around his face going pale, "what the fuck is that thing." He said as he grabbed an umbrella from the can were his relations kept them. "You're not taken me down without a fight you Twat!"

The Creature swarmed down the balustrade onto the lower floor hissing an evil laugh, as it extended it's self before Ry. It's head easily reaching into the upstairs area "Child of Kishar, you think that little human toy will help you against me..."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"
The Creature laughed, "Die...mortal." with that it lifted it's gelatin like hands and weird semi-liquid vines shot out of its fingers.

Ry attempted to bat the vine-like appendages away from him, but the fingers went around and curled around his body, starting to squeeze.

The Creature seemed to smile, "I've never had a child of Kishar, I wonder if your soul will taste good..." with that a mouth opened up in it's gooey body in preparation to swallow Ry whole.

Ry grimaced as he dropped the umbrella... his breathing becoming short and his skin very cold were the vine-fingers touched it. "Go to hell." He said in fiery resistance to his own immanent death

From outside the front door Ry barely heard a shout in a strange language, though this caused the monster to pause and look at the door, as it burst off it's hinges flying right into the creature’s mouth.

Ry turned slightly with a dazed look in his eyes, seeing two tall slim young men with brown hair, and trench coats standing in the doorway.

The one with glasses frowned "A frost Demon eh...I should have known, be gone creature...before I shatter you."

The demon looked at the two young men then hissed a laugh, "have you never heard humans, do not come between a demon and its prey."

The one with glasses just smirked, "Andrew, you know what to do..." then he started speaking in a strange language, and his green eyes started to glow slightly, as he held out his hands.

The other young man nodded his head, "understood Jeremy."

Suddenly the very room seemed to come alive with fire, shooting from every direction at the creature in streams. Then Jeremy smiled good naturedly, "it seems the home of this young man finds you objectionable..."

The Frost Demon lets go of Ry in an attempt to protect it's self from its only weakness, hearth fire. "What! No! A mage-prince! GAAH!" the creature power began weakening, as it attempted to find any place that could shelter it from the bombardment.

Andrew seemed to speed up for a moment in time, almost appearing beneath Ry, grabbing a hold of him, to keep the teenager from falling.

Ry was dizzy for a moment, then stood quickly, disentangling himself from Andrew "I am alright, just kill the Fricken Twat!"

Andrew said nothing, just watched his twin drive the creature back up to the second floor, and back the way it entered the house.

Jeremy smiled though a bit of blood trickled down from his nose, "Flee demon, and tell your masters that this young man is under the protection of the Lords of House Danu."

The Demon slimed its way back up the staircase being bombarded the whole way and shattered the window to Ry's room fleeing and dissipating into the air.

The young man with glasses sighed then nearly collapsing grabbing a hold of a chair for support.

Andrew rushed to his side, "you over did it again Jeremy..."

"Yes well if I hadn't this would have been a lot harder, we're just lucky the creature picked to attack the young man in his house, rather then on the street."

Ry looked at the two, whom were obviously brothers, possibly twins, "who are you two, and what the Hell was that thing, somebody better start talkin."

Jeremy looked up at the teenager his green eyes dimming to normal color "A feisty little Lion aren't you?"

Ry growled, "Little Lion, I am as tall as you are, now start talking!" then his eyes went round as he started to feel queasy, his bones began to ache, and his skin beginning to itch like mad.

Ry looked at the back of his hand seeing yellow fur start growing on it."

Jeremy Groaned, "oh shit! I forgot Demons did that, Andrew Help him, quickly."

Ry doubled over in pain, his eyes turning gold colored, as Andrew seemed to disappear, only to reappear kneeling over Ry, the older man's eyes glowing blue.

Copyright © 2011 Celethiel; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..