Jump to content
    Celethiel
  • Author
  • 5,323 Words
  • 1,088 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Children of Kishar - 5. Chapter 5

With this chapter i close the dealings for the Twin's group with the Old Rose, and the city of Edinburgh.

Jeremy, Andrew and Ry looked at the door to the room at source of the sobbing noise that came from the other side.

Though the twins did not expect trouble at this establishment, the two proceeded with caution. Jeremy nodded before walking to the door, while Andrew stalking towards the side of the door waiting to surprise anyone whom might attempt to attack them, and Ry stood up to get as far away from any gooey demons that he could, all the while searching for a weapon.

The green-eyed twin dispelled the magic he had earlier set up with a wave of his hand, and opened the door.

Sitting on the floor right outside the door was Lucas; the satyr-like homunculus was obviously distressed, as the boy huddled there crying.

Jeremy frowned looking at the little being who was so full of energy just an hour ago, “why do you cry Lucas?” With those words the room relaxed visibly, and Andrew walked around the door to look at Lucas with concern.

Lucas looked up at Jeremy, “I…I…can’t tell…you sir, what happens at the Old Rose stays…. Here….”

Jeremy smiled, kindly, “if you can’t tell a mage-lord it must be something pretty bad, you didn’t beat up on someone did you?”

Lucas looked up at Jeremy if he had gone mad, “n…no! I’d never do that, it’s bad manners, and Kenneth would kill me if I did that…. He would…he’d kill me…just like…my friend…” He began crying again.

Jeremy frowned as the homunculus broke down again, “come on, lets get you in the room…” with that he scooped up the satyr-like homunculus, whom weighted and looked no more then a fourteen year old kid, except for the obvious satyr resemblance.

Andrew looked at Jeremy, then back at the boy, “though I agree, I also see something bad brewing on your face Jeremy, don’t do anything that will get us outlawed in the British Isles.”

Jeremy smiled at his twin evilly, “why would I do anything like that.” He set the homunculus down on the coach, smiling as he sat down next to Lucas, stroking the boy’s bright red hair, “It’s ok little one, please tell us, we’ll not let anything hurt you.”

Lucas cried more, “but I can’t what is done in the Old Rose stays in the Old Rose…”
Andrew sat down on the opposite side of Lucas from Jeremy looking at his twin with knowing eyes, “Will Bend…”

Ry looked at the three of them with confusion, and concern. The look that Jeremy was making when not looking at the kid, and the anger in his eyes was slightly terrifying. “Will bend?”

Andrew turned his head, and looked at Ry sadly, “homunculi have no…”

Jeremy looked at Ry with anger in his eyes, finishing the statement, “freewill beyond what their masters give them, Lucas is forced to repeat that phrase when asked what his master or a resident does here he may want to tell us everything that happens here, but Kenneth would never allow that, for multiple reasons.”

Andrew sighed, grabbing a hold of the homunculus, holding him against his chest as the kid sobbed.

Jeremy frowned, “I hate to do this…well not really, Ry you see that phone that looks like it belongs in the early 1900’s, could you hand it over here…”

Ry sighed, “don’t get me killed…” as he brought the cordless old phone to Jeremy, “I thought these things had some kind of cord.”

Jeremy smirked, “magic remember…” with that he put the ear piece to his ear, a sultry female voice spoke as a friendly woman’s face appeared in the air before Jeremy, “this is the front desk, how may I help you sir?”

Jeremy smiled to the woman; “I’d like to see Sir Kenneth Mac Ailpín in my room, as soon as possible.”

“Oh sir, is there anything wrong, anything I may help you with?” responded the woman with obvious fear in her voice.

Jeremy smirked, “nothing you need to worry about my dear lady…”

The woman sighed, “As you wish sir, I will inform him of your needs, such as they are…”

Jeremy hung up the phone with an evil smirk on his face.

Andrew groaned, “please, please Jeremy don’t tell me your going to challenge the Owner of the Old Rose to some kind of Mage Duel. While I know you’ll win dueling isn’t exactly respected especially not between a lord and a mere mage, and we’ll be kicked out of the country before we’ve had a proper nights rest.”

Jeremy smirked, “you’ll see Andy, you’ll see…”

Ry’s face becoming pale at Jeremy’s actions and by the turn of this conversation as he spoke, “I reiterate don’t get me killed even for this…what ever this is…”

Within seconds after that statement, there was a knock on the door.
Andrew stood up opening the door, to reveal the pale red-eyed owner of the Old Rose.

Kenneth bowed to Jeremy, “may I come in milord.”

Jeremy nodded, “yes Sir Mac Ailpín, please sit,” the mage-lord pointed to an empty chair across from where he was sitting, far away from Lucas.

Kenneth nodded taking the seat offered, “I heard you wished to see me milord, pray tell about what, are you unsatisfied with young Lucas’s services, I can find another bellhop to serve this room if it displeases you…”

Andrew sighed thinking that Kenneth just said the wrong thing.

Lucas looked panicked, starting to tremble “please no, milord I will do better I promise. I’ll to do better, please don‘t.”

Jeremy glared at Kenneth for a second his eyes flickering green for a moment, then he smiled, and roughed up the satyr boy’s hair, “No Lucas is fine, in fact I wished to speak of you allowing him to enter my personal service permanently.”

Kenneth’s eyes shot up, “really my lord, this is quite an honor, I’d never dreamed a Mage lord would offer to take a Homunculus off my hands, but I am sorry my lord, I would have to create another, or have one created, you understand…”

Jeremy smiled, “oh please allow me this, I would greatly compensate you if you freed the young one into my service.”

Andrew smiled as he watched in the background, moving slowly over to Ry, whom whispered, “why do I feel like I am watching Jeremy haggle over a piece of meat?”

Andrew smiled slowly whispering back, “Because to Mac Ailpín he is, watch closely”

Kenneth’s eyes arched, “but my lord you have a personal Homunculus right over there, and it isn’t really about money, I have plenty of that, it’s the lack of services and that personal touch for this room after he is gone, and the disadvantage it would cost me otherwise.”

Jeremy continued to smile, “ah but he isn’t that good of homunculus and is really my servant’s first attempt, and it’s his anyway, to attempt to relieve some of his many duties, besides, I am sure there are other compensations, such as my families continued favor, and my own certification of your fine establishment, that you can appreciate these things…or perhaps a mage-lord crafted item…?”

Kenneth’s eyes shot up, “you’d honor the Old Rose in such a way, giving us the continued prestige of yourself and the American House of Danu…?”

Jeremy smirked, thinking that he had caught his fish, “yes, and in addition adding my name, and recommendation to your establishment’s repertoire, I’ll even stay here every time I am in Britain, I must admit so far your services are second to none, finest establishment I’ve been to.”

Kenneth, smiled, “my lord if you add the money needed to replace this one, I’ll more then gladly deliver the papers of ownership, as well as the transference materials within the hour.”

Jeremy smirked, pulling out the weird tablet he had before, holding out his hand for a pen, which Andrew grabbed another hollow red feather pen from the pile of stuff that were in the blue-eyed mage’s pockets before his shower. “Here you are milord.”

Jeremy just nodded his head, signing the tablet in Red ink, 30,000 credit’s enough?”

Kenneth’s eyes shot up, “more then generous my lord…” his eyes then glimmered with ideas on how to get richer, and make his hotel even more money with that he bowed “I’ll send the items up as soon as I may.” and walked out of the room carrying the tablet.

As the vampire walked down the hall a frail skinny looking woman wearing glasses and having gray peppering her hair glowered and walked past him, the woman herself was from America and did not appreciate the unbridled decadence of this place, especially the rumored cruelty of it’s master, or the government of Britain’s mages.

Jeremy smirked stroking the upset homunculus’s back, “well that was easy, and I knew he couldn’t resist that little bit of magic…”

Ry frowned “what magic?”

Andrew laughed, “here I thought you were going to blast him, instead you used your influence as a member of mage aristocracy to beat him.”

Jeremy smirked, “I may be an arrogant half-crazed Mage-lord with little patience for some things, but I am not dumb, I knew that if I attempted to kill Kenneth things would go badly.

Ry growled “what magic?”

Jeremy laughed, “Why the simple magic that is persuasion, human politicians use it all the time, though they lie half the time…” Just as he said that there was a knock on the room door, and he frowned, “well that was fast…Andrew.” He continued to comfort the little Homunculus, whom in a moment had his whole world shatter and form something new, “it’ll be alright, soon you’ll be free to do what you want to do little one, within limits anyway.”

Andrew smirked; “yes milord…” with that he walked up to the door and opened it, revealing the woman whom had watched Kenneth go by.

Jeremy smiled, “I would assume you’re here to finalize the transfer of ownership?”

The woman looked at him, “what? Um no I have no idea about this Transfer of Ownership your talking about, though I assume it’s somewhat shady if it has to do with that Kenneth character”

Jeremy frowned, “if you are not his lackey what do you want with us, Madame?”

The woman smiled genuinely, “lackey, I take it you don’t appreciate Mister Mac Ailpín that much either?”

Jeremy smiled, “more like a disagreement of his methods, anyway, tell me why you’ve come into my stateroom Madame.”

The woman sighed, “I overheard that you were a mage-lord and I wished to offer my services such as they are?”

Jeremy frowned, “I see, and your references…whom did you work for before you decided to come before me, and why me of all people…”

Ry noticed Jeremy’s immediate change of attitude, and frowned a bit worried, Andrew on the other hand as soon as the woman started talking about not appreciating Mac Ailpín didn’t trust her, because he knew she was not under the Inn’s control, and therefore a potential threat.”

The woman smiled seemingly unaware of the tensioning among the three young men, though her calculating battle-hardened mind realized the room‘s mood had cooled, “yes, I I am known as Ériu Maxholme, and am a witch-warrior, which as you know studies the martial arts, and curses, I am also a free agent at the moment. I have lived in the Americas for most of my life, doing odd jobs and working for the highest bidder. I am not getting younger as you can see, and wish to settle down, and join a great House as a liege woman. So I came here to Great Britain hoping to join the main house of Danu, whom I have ancestors with, and so far have been unsuccessful in my attempts.”

Jeremy looked at her over his glasses, handing the woman some wine, “go on Madame.”

The woman sighed, “I am sorry but half the main hall heard your conversation with Kenneth Mac Ailpín, You are the descendants of Rietta, the Wanderer are you not, which in my time, I know that Rietta has only two descendants of mage-lord level, one is her granddaughter and heir, Allisa alt Danu, and the other if I remembering hearing correctly disappeared two weeks ago from the Alabaster Palace, his name is The Blue Phoenix of the West, Jeremy alt Danu, I am guessing that is you…”

Jeremy sighed, “so I take it you wish to find employment with the American Branch of House Danu through me.”

“If you’ll have me milord,” responded Ériu

Jeremy frowned, “note that I am not exactly a standard member of House Danu of either branches though I have been funded by the American House’s Accounts, through my own practices. I am almost as much a free agent as yourself, I have no lordship as of yet to claim as my own, and any whom swear themselves to me, do so to me alone holding to no greater allegiance to the house beyond that, I will not have duel loyalties. Those Members of House Danu whom are loyal to me understand this, as does Lady Rietta. Though if I should fall and you survive, you’ll have my recommendation to the Alabaster Palace.”

Ériu nodded, “duly noted…anything else.”

Jeremy smiled, “as you can tell we’re not here to hire people nor am I on some field trip, I am here on personal business that if you should continue to wish to join me, you’ll be mingled into, and if I find you are betraying me and my fellows here or attempting to harm them, including our newest one, Lucas here I will personally destroy you no matter how many curses, or fireballs you throw at me.”

Ériu nodded, “understood, these conditions are acceptable, I still need a job and a good retirement, you as a young lord are currently my best option.”

Jeremy sighed standing up holding out his hand with a weird seal ring upon it. It showed a silver tree, with a phoenix in one of the branches. “Swear to me then your oath, that you will fulfill the duties expected of a witch-warrior Fiana of the Blue Phoenix, and of House Danu thus fulfilling our pact, that you will serve and protect me and those whom are protected by me, through their service or by my own mandate, and I swear to you that you are under the protection of This Lord, and have full rights within his household, may you serve me well, and may through you I reign.”

Ériu smiled kneeling down on one knee and kissing his seal ring, “I so swear, and I swear to serve you faithfully as one of your Fiana until my retirement or death, or until you release me from your service, Blue Phoenix of the West, Jeremy alt Danu.”

There was an audible pop as multi-colored sparks momentarily filled the air, and Jeremy smiled, “the pact is sealed, rise Fiana of House Danu, may you live long and through your service be rewarded.”

Andrew was growling, not trusting this woman at all, to which Jeremy just grinned at his twin brother as if to say we have nothing to loose and everything to gain.

Ry shuddered, wondering if he was putting his life in the hands of a mad man who probably just signed his death warrant.

On the table the glass of wine that Ériu had been holding earlier shattered unexpectedly.

Another knock came at the door, and again Andrew answered, this time with a sigh. He gapped as he looked out; there were a half dozen people now out there. His eyes when wide, and he slammed the door breathing hard with his back against it… “Jeremy there’s a row of people lined up down the hall to see you…”

Jeremy groaned, “I should have known rumors would spread that a Mage-lord of House Danu was staying here, the termites are already here…Madame Ériu would you do the honors of clearing out the rabble, consider it your first duty, I don’t need to spend all night endorsing this, financing that, and hiring a bunch of people…oh and if Kenneth’s people show up with items needed for the transference of ownership, they’ll probably be showing up with Kenneth himself.”

Ériu sighed, “Mage-lords, one part aristocracy, two parts celebrity, and why do I have to do it over your second.”

Jeremy smiled, “because Andrew doesn’t deal with people very well, so I get the feeling you’re better with people then him, and I am not Sending Ry or Lucas.”

Lucas frowned, “but it’s my job to be your bellboy and drive these people away if you want privacy…”

Andrew sighed and walked up to Lucas pulling the satyr-boy’s chin up so the little Homunculus could look into his own ice-blue eyes… “No…”

Ériu sighed, “fine…” then the woman in glasses walked out of the room speaking loudly and with authority “if you do not have a previous appointment with his lordship, which his lordship only told me of one appointment, please go to your rooms or homes and leave him in peace.”

A man in a turban frowned, “what right do you have to say this, I saw you at dinner this evening when he arrived, if his lordship talked to you, shouldn’t we get a turn with him.”

Ériu frowned, “I have the right as his new Fiana, Lord Jeremy wishes not to be disturbed, and has hired me to deal with you fools, so unless you are the one that Lord Jeremy made the appointment with, which I doubt…. You should leave…all of you.”

Many of the fourteen people crowded in the hallway grumbled.

The man in the turban growled, but left along with the rest with no further protest.

Kenneth came up the stairs and into the hallway along with one other employee of the Old Rose, “Madame, I hope you are not causing trouble for my patrons.”

Ériu frowned, “just doing my new job for Lord Jeremy”

Kenneth smirked, “as what? His new secretary?”

Eiru’s eyes glowed purple for a moment, “no as his New Fiana, Sir Mac Ailpín.”

Kenneth grinned evilly his eyes glowing red slightly, “I did not know that Fiana kept petitioners away from their Lords, please allow my staff do their work, and go to your room Madame, or return to your ‘new’ lord, either way stay away from my patrons.”

Andrew opened the door, and there was a shout from inside coming from Jeremy, “Madame Ériu could you come back in here.”

Ériu sighed looking at Kenneth for a moment longer both their eyes showing obvious threat and dislike for the other, “yes Lord Jeremy.” With that Ériu turned and walked back into Jeremy’s room, “you wished to see me my lord, after all I was just wanting to take out the Trash…”

Jeremy smirked, “the Trash being the man walking behind you, he’s out of your league my Fiana, leave him, and come stand by my side.”

Ériu frowned, her mind racing with wishes to be rid of one of the vilest men she has met in her years, but her knowledge and duty saying otherwise. She sighed, “As you wish my lord.”

Kenneth smirked as he sauntered smugly into the room, giving Ériu an evil grin, which only glared in return. The vampire then handed Jeremy the tablet given to the Owner of the Old Rose Earlier.

Jeremy frowned, his eyes lighting up briefly in green then smirked himself, taking the tablet. “Do you have all the appropriate items for the transfer of ownership of Lucas?”

He said as he stood alongside Lucas, whom was crying. He smiled, “don’t cry Lucas, it will be better this way.”

“But…. But what is my life going to be…” Lucas said still crying.

Jeremy smiled sadly “it is hard to face a future uncertain, believe in our certainty, my brother and I will always be with you now…” then his magic flared briefly and he spoke directly into the homunculus’s mind, “we will protect you now and forever until we succumb to the long dark, trust in us and you will not be harmed especially not by Kenneth.”

Lucas sniffed for a second, then nodded.

Jeremy smiled “begin Kenneth.” he looked directly at the owner of the establishment as if to say, “and any tricks you attempt to use on me will not just backfire but will probably consume you in the attempt.”

The vampire nodded, “as you wish my lord. With that he grabbed a red ribbon and took a small curved dagger, from his assistant, cutting his palm, then cutting Jeremy’s, and finally cutting both palms of the homunculus.

The Vampire then wrapped the ribbon, around himself and the homunculus tying one of their hands together, then took another and wrapped it between the homunculus’s other hand and Jeremy’s. “I call upon mine blood, bloodline, and power to recognize and transfer permanent ownership of this flesh and bone made conscious before me, to that which is bound to it as well, Lord Jeremy alt Danu, the Blue Phoenix.” With that his eyes glowed red, magical energy flowed from him into Lucas, a sickly red color, touching the hand that was joined to Jeremy.

At which Jeremy’s own powerful magic, green in color, flowed back slamming into the vampire’s magic, causing the room to shudder slightly. And for a moment the room was filled with green and red light fighting back and forth for control.

Then quite suddenly the vampires red magic pulled back into it’s self, pulling it’s own energy from the homunculus, draining Lucas of his life source. Fortunately at the same time Jeremy’s green was flowing into the homunculus replacing Kenneth’s magic with his own.

Lucas slumped to the floor as Kenneth released himself from the bond as the last of his power drained from the homunculus but before Jeremy’s own completely filled it.

Jeremy grabbed the young satyr with his other arm holding him up as his magic continued to fill the boy, then Jeremy breathed heavily as he too cut off the connection to the homunculus.

Jeremy sighed, “it is done…”

Kenneth smiled evil, his eyes glowing red “so it is, did you think mage-lord that my secrets would so easily be bought.”

Just then Lucas screamed an unearthly scream as his hand that had been touching Kenneth started to disintegrate.

Jeremy eyes flashed with magical power, as did Ériu’s and Andrews, “and did you think I was a mere client that you could fool, owner of the Old Rose, what ever deal we had is off, except for the final part…. Ériu do nothing, Ry stay were you are, Andrew you know what to do. Now Sir Mac Ailpín please sign over the deed of ownership over this homunculus.” He looked at Kenneth, his eyes cold, but his voice even, “for attempting to sell a Mage-lord trapped and faulty goods, it is my decision that you will give up full ownership of said goods, be happy I don’t take your life or your establishment from you.”

Andrew rushed up to the homunculus his eyes full of concern, as his blue magic began flowing over Lucas attempting to stabilize and undo the trap set by Kenneth.

Kenneth smiled ruthlessly, “we both know full well the consequences of the second two, your own imprisonment or death mage-lord, but I will sign over this faulty piece of trash toy, simply because it couldn’t keep what little orders I gave it upheld fully, thus I have no further use for it.” with that he grabbed the deed of owner ship his assistant was holding.

He pulled out a feather pen and signed his name upon the dead of ownership, and Jeremy too quickly signed, tossing the pen at Kenneth, “now leave us Vampire.”

Kenneth smirked and bowed turning to leave, “oh and don’t worry your pitiful second healer has no power against me.”

Jeremy smiled coldly as the vampire was about to leave, “oh and Kenneth, you know full well the consequences if you do go after anything that is mine now, or under my protection, right…and that includes Ériu.”

Kenneth sneered, “I don’t care about your old hag of a Fiana she is powerless against me as long as I don’t attack you, and I am not that stupid.”

Ériu’s eyes blazed as Kenneth closed the door behind him, her hands opening and closing. “That cold, cruel, bastard vampire well there’s nothing we can do about this, but watch that boy die…”
Jeremy laughed, though it did not show in his eyes, “you underestimate me and my brother, remember those whom do usually die, let Andrew work his true magic, and his calling.” Jeremy bent down, looking at the fourteen year old, cupping the boy‘s cheek tenderly, “you’ll be alright, I told you, that you’d always be safe with us…”

Ry stood at the back of the room his face pale, and his eyes blazing with anger, at the humiliation and the cruelty, not just of Kenneth’s actions, but the idea of manufactured slavery as well.

Across the room several items began shattering, most of which were glass in form.

Lucas looked at Jeremy, “thank you for that…. I wish you…had been…my father…” as the homunculus began to have trouble breathing or even seeing strait.

Andrew’s fingers were weaving at the same speed that he once used on Ry; He looked up, “Jeremy I need the owner’s powers as well, specifically the signature of it.”

Jeremy nodded Looking at Ry, “Get a hold of yourself little Lion….” then the green-eyed twin placed his hand on his brothers, and once more the symbols of magical power changed from blue to blue-green mixing the two mages powers, and beginning to flow into Lucas, reversing the curse which had consumed much of Lucas’s left arm.

Ériu listening to Jeremy’s words to Ry, understood them as well, walking up to the lion boy, “you aren’t a homunculus…now listen to me boy.” she smiled kindly, “and listen well, take my words to heart, this anger of yours I feel it too, Indeed I believe Jeremy and his brother do as well. Calm yourself, focus your mind on other things.”

Ry looked at her sullenly, “leave me be woman, you have no idea what I’ve gone through or where I am at now…”

Ériu smirked “don’t I though, I was not always Faerie you know, I was once a human as well, though I was marked at birth, my power and ascension did not hit me until my 20’s, it hit me hard, I suddenly had powers, and was inducted into a world I did not understand and comprehend, just as you do not now.”

Jeremy and Andrew fell backwards breathing heavily as they finished their task, undoing Kenneth’s trap, and replacing the homunculus’s hand.

Lucas opened his hand, flexed it around, “I am alive…I’m alive!”, he jumped up and started running around the room excitedly. Then jumped on Jeremy and Andrew hugging them, “thank you master!”

Jeremy flinched visibly, “don’t call me Master…call me Jeremy.”

Lucas’s eyes got filmy as his face became like stone, “yes master…”

Jeremy jumped back, “NO! This is not an order it is a request.”

Lucas’s face returned to normal, “Request? What is a request?”

Jeremy sighed, “A request is asking it is allowing you to make your own mind up whether or not to do something…. I have only one order to record into you, my homunculus, are you ready for it?”

Lucas’s face became stone again, “what is your order master?”

Jeremy sighed, “my one and only order, is that you are to make up your own mind whether or not to do something for me you are free to think and do as you please, all Orders from Kenneth Mac Ailpín are now undone and unsealed and are to be discarded, this order is final and full, no more orders are to be giving or recorded into Lucas, Jeremy alt Danu, the Blue Phoenix’s Homunculus. Mind graph closed permanently to interference outside of Lucas’s own wishes.”

Lucas’s eyes were filmy as he repeated the order then nodded slowly “understood master.” With that Lucas’s eyes became sharp and he smiled, “Jeremy, why do I feel so light headed, and as if a burden was lifted from me?”

Jeremy smiled hugging Lucas, “because little one it has, come on sit with us.” as he and Andrew sat back at the table and continued eating.

Lucas looked at him for a moment as if making his mind up then smiled happily. Saying ok enthusiastically, as he jumped onto the couch in between Jeremy and Andrew.

Ériu watched this for a moment, and then looked at Jeremy a strange smile upon her face, “you are a rare young man, my lord. I hope to be continuously surprised by you.”

Jeremy laughed, “Trials by fire dear Ériu, now I recommend you get some rest we’ll be leaving for the mainland, and Germany tomorrow be here at seven am…. Oh and no attempting to go after Kenneth such actions will look badly upon me, and you will probably die…. This is an order of your Mage-lord, I know you want him badly…but think of it this way, we have already defeated him, more so we did so at his own game, let him be a fool, I have a feeling that the Main branch of House Danu will revoke their support of him soon, and as for the American branch, with my decision it already has.”

Ériu sighed, “as you wish milord, I will see you in the morning, and my hands will not be bloody.” With that the witch-warrior left the room making for her own.

The salt and pepper haired woman walked down the hall, but as she did a man with a pale face, and black eyes walked out of the shadows, “so Madame I take it the young lords will be leaving tomorrow…?”

Ériu turned, pulling a knife from a coat sleeve “that is none of your business, whom ever you are.”

The man sighed, “I had not hoped to resort to this.” with that the man moving quicker then Ériu’s eyes could follow coming upon her. In a single move he knocked her knife away, and grabbing the gray-brown headed woman by the throat, throwing her up to the wall.

“Now lets see what you know…” with that the man brought a clawed finger up and touched her forehead a spark of red magic flowing into Ériu, revealing to the man everything that had been said to and by her within the last two hours.

Ériu grimaced from the pain of the memory invasion, slowly pulling another knife out her coat, and stabbing the man in the chest with lightning reflexes, causing him to fall backwards.

The man coughed up blood, “you bitch!” but thankfully by this time, several other people were coming out of their rooms and the man turned and fled.

Ériu frowned, “what is going on here, and an attack in the Old Rose of all places, by a soul seeker…what have those boys gotten themselves into…” The woman frowned, standing there for a moment wondering what the boys knew, what was lined up against them, then realized the looks they gave her when she introduced herself said volumes more then anything that the twins were likely to say at that time.

Ériu sighed, “what have I gotten myself into…oi I need to sleep on this…besides I have the feeling right now they don’t trust me enough to allow me to guard them by staying in their room.” With that the graying woman in glasses hobbled up to her room and started to make ready for the morning before going to bed.

Copyright © 2011 Celethiel; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..