Jump to content
    Celethiel
  • Author
  • 2,412 Words
  • 1,495 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Children of Kishar - 2. Chapter 2

Ry looked at the back of his hand seeing yellow fur start growing on it."

Jeremy Groaned, "oh shit! I forgot Demons did that, Andrew Help him, quickly."

Ry doubled over in pain, his eyes turning gold colored, as Andrew seemed to disappear, only to reappear kneeling over Ry, the older man's eyes glowing blue.

Strange symbols began floating in the air, made of blue energy, as Andrew too spoke in a language unknown to Ry.

Ry watched as what could only be called golden colored fur seemed to crawl up his arms and upper body. He could feel his body changing on a cellular level, amazingly there was not as much pain as he would have thought, but it seemed like he was loosing his humanity. "What...is...happening...to...me?"

Andrew said nothing as he continued his ministrations, his fingers seemingly a blur of blue energy over the top of Ry's prone body.

His twin brother Jeremy, on the other hand had made his way across the room to Ry, "your changing, the Demon messed with your body in an attempt to destroy you this way if it hadn't succeeded in the direct root, Andrew is attempting to stabilize you and the changes."

Ry's ears moved up onto the top of his head becoming pointed and catlike expanding in size, as the hair on his head puffed out almost looking like a small mane. His brain began to hurt as his hearing almost doubled in its nuances.

Jeremy almost laughed at what Ry was becoming at the irony of what was happening to Ry before Andrew turned his head to give him a dirty look, and going back to work.

Ry gasped as he felt a sharp pain in his rear end, and felt as his pants were becoming too tight before a hole amazingly ripped open through his jeans to reveal a tail that too quickly had fur marching down it, followed by a thick puff of fur on the end. Within seconds after that his face felt like it had been smashed in as his bones reformed pushing outwards, his nose became larger along with his eyes which started to almost shine green, and his entire face looking much like a cats, with two weird dimple like things on his face in the place of whiskers.

Andrew too gasped as his mind reached magical induced exhaustion, his hands going slower, and the symbols appearing less often.

Jeremy grabbed a hold his brother's shoulder energy seeming to float between them, as the symbols changed into a blue green color and Andrew continued his work.

Ry's muscles and bones felt as if they were on fire, as at last Ry's body began to physically bulk out and slim out at the same time, adding muscles to his already muscular frame, but at the same time making him look lithe and giving him the flexibility of more natural in a cat then a human. His hands and feet gained extra strength and digits, and his nails grew into claws finishing off the transformation.

Andrew exhausted fell backwards into his brother's legs, "it is done Jeremy, I've done all I can do and he is stabilized."

Jeremy nodded looking at the young lion-man with a smirk on his face, "you did well Andy." he said, as he set his exhausted twin against the couch.

Ry breathed heavily but laid still for several moments, the increased senses slightly overloading his brain, along with the fact he felt weaker then he had his entire life and his whole body ached.

Ry slowly crawled back onto his feet, his new tail swinging back and forth almost excitedly.

Jeremy looked at him, "do you really think you should be getting up after that you look pretty weak still..."

Ry looked at him for only a brief moment as he stumbled out of the room, "I have...to...check...the damage...to...see if...I have...become...a monster..."

Jeremy smiled, "I do not see a monster, but someone who just had something terrible happen to them..." then the green eyed boy smirked, "and perhaps someone whom had a wish granted."

Ry grumbled as he stumbled into the downstairs bathroom, and looked at himself in the mirror, his energy and personality quickly returning to him at what he saw, "Sweat! I always wanted to be a lion."

Jeremy laughed, "See I told you."

Ry walked back into the living room, "Now spill it...who the hell are you two, and what was that thing, and why did it attack me."

Jeremy looked at Ry with a smirk, "how soon will your family be getting back?"

Ry paled looking at the clock, "any time now..."

Jeremy nodded, "then we'll wait for them, we're too weak to go out into the cold, and you'll be coming with us when we leave."

Ry growled a very catlike growl, "Say what! Who say's I am going anywhere with you?"

Jeremy just looked at him as he grabbed a drapery from a wall and placed it at the door and spoke some more words alien to Ry. Then turned and watched the Drapery turn into a door. "Ok that's it I need to sit down for a while." he stumbled back to the couch and sat down next to Andrew.

Ry plopped down in a chair "answer the Question..."

Jeremy frowned, "think about it..."

Ry sighed as he did exactly that realizing that the creature had obviously targeted him, attacking him first in his bedroom, though it could have been his entire family, it was doubtful considering the thing called him a "child of Kishar," and Kishar was not his mother's name, though that could be a mix up, though these two showing up squashed that idea immediately. Ry looked sullenly at Jeremy growling, "Fine I'll go with you."

Jeremy smiled, "I thought you'd see it my way," looking over Ry's shoulder to the front door, "ah here they come now..."

With that Ry's entire family opened the strange door that looked nothing like theirs and saw the disaster that had become of their home.

Ry's father not seeing the front of his son's face, anger starting to boil in the mans head as he spoke, "Ok What the hell happened here Ry, and who are these two 'friends' of yours?"

Ry's now lion ears went back noticeably on his head, "err...dad, it wasn't my fault!"

Jeremy frowned standing "I am Jeremy alt Danu, and this is my younger twin Andrew."

Ry's father did not notice the ears going back, though his mother and siblings did, each gasping in turn. His Mother commenting, "what's on the top of your head Ry?"

Ry's Father glared at the back of his son's head, "what not your fault, this house is a disaster, how can it not be your fault, you were the only one here!" He looked at Jeremy, "And I was NOT talking to you, but my son."

Ry's mother frowned momentarily distracted from her sons twitching ears by her husband's anger, "Henry your blood pressure..."

Ry blanched "Father I.... Let me explain!"

Jeremy, whom had had already too much pressure, frowned and half yelled, snapping at everyone subconsciously pouring his magic into his voice, "everyone shut up! Get in here and sit down, we have much to talk about and very little time to deal with this."

Ry and his entire family seemed to quake slightly from the authority behind Jeremy's voice.

Andrew just sighed, as he leaned against his brother's leg "There you go again Jer my shield."

Jeremy blushed slightly smiling down at his twin, "Andy...my strength." as he waited for everyone to gather around.

Ry's family all gasped when they saw the teenager's face for the first time and Ry blushed slightly at the stares he was getting.

Henry turned from his son and looked at the twins like a bull who saw a red cloak, "what did you do to my son?"

Ry growled before Jeremy could answer, "They saved my life dad."

Ry's mother started crying, "What have they done to you my baby...?"

Ry's younger brother on the other hand smirked seeing Ry's tail and grabbed a hold of it, playing with the tuff "Dude! You became what you kept drawing yourself as!"

Ry's sister started talking excitedly as well to both Ry and his younger brother.

Jeremy groaned rubbing his head, "Your son was accosted by a Frost Demon, if it was not for my brother and I he would be dead...one way or another, first introduce yourself to us, and we'll share the story."

This idea of something that should not exist immediately got both of his parent's attention, and they were about to open their mouths to object to the absurd idea.

Ry laughed interrupting his family, "Jeremy I never told you my name, I am Ry Durbine, and this is my father, Henry, my mother Debra Durbine, my brother Guy, and my sister Lizy, I have two other relations but they don't live here anymore."

Jeremy nodded with a tight smile, "ok then." holding out his hand to silence the parents, "yes there are such things as demons, and the old gods, your son was attacked by one of them today. This particular one I do not know whom it serves, but whom ever it is wishes ill to the Children of Kishar, which your son is one of..."

Henry and Debra looked at Jeremy as if he had told them their son was a rodent. Both spoke at once, "I don't know who this Kishar is but Ry is our son!"

The father turned red, "you better start making sense mister, and start telling us why our house has been destroyed and our son is a perversion of nature!"

Jeremy's eyes glowed green beneath his glasses for a moment before Andrew placed his hand on Jeremy's foot. The elder twins voice becoming icy, but not rising. "I told you but you are not listening to me, your son is what he is now because demons can give of a substance that warps the bodies of those whom it comes into contact with, at the will of the Demon...it is only through Andrew's powers that he even resembles something human, and isn't dead."

The green eyed young man looked directly at Ry his eyes seeming to communicate only to the teenager as he spoke, "Kishar is essentially Gaia, the spirit of this planet, it is through her we all live, but some of us have been chosen as her representatives, and given powers though we know it not, you Ry Durbine have been chosen. And it is this that puts both your life and your families at risk, for as long as you stay here the Demons and those that they serve will never stop hunting you, and without the knowledge of the power resting within you, you will die, and probably so will your family."

Ry nodded, for it was what he had already assumed and feared.

Debra spoke then realizing what Jeremy was saying and was a bit fearful of him, "what are you?"

Jeremy looked at her with a sad understanding smile, and pulled back his hair to reveal pointy ears, "my brother and I are what you call the Faerie, or Elves, or wizards. We are magic users, and not those whom practice Wicca, or some such silly notions of new age crap though the subject is rather interesting those beings have a fourth our power at best. That is all you need to know, that and Andrew and I have the best wishes for your son, indeed we need him as much as he now needs us..."

Jeremy looked at them, "what we tell you now is that your son has to leave, he has already accepted this...now you must." he looked at Ry, "go pack...there is very little time left, by now the creature has told it's masters that you've escaped it's clutches."

Ry nodded jumping from the chair and running up the stairs into his room grabbing things to put into a backpack.

Andrew's eyes and head followed the young man up the stairs with a sad look on it, as if he knew what Ry presently had gone through.

Jeremy looked at Ry's family, "I am sorry if I have had to be abrupt with you but I have very little time, and we need to get out of here in order to protect you and him."

Debra looked at the young man with tears on her face, "take care of my Ry young man, my children mean everything to me."

Henry Durbine looked at the young men, half enraged, half confused, as if the structure that humanity has built it's world on was crashing down on him alone, he wished to say something but he did not know what.

The two younger siblings were as confused as Ry's parents, but they whom still lived partially in a world of imagination and magic, understood more then Henry.

Andrew looked at Henry with a pained look on his face, as if he wished he could say something to ease the confusion in the man's eyes.

Henry on the other hand saw the blue eyed young man staring at him and responded with confused anger, "what are you looking at, if you want to say something spit it out."

Andrew's pained look turned immediately anger and hurt, and he turned away to look back up the stairs at Ry's room.

Jeremy looked at Henry and said simply but with a voice that was flat and cold "Leave Andy out of your anger Mister Durbine, he has been hurt far too much..."

Just then Ry came down the stairs, and grabbed his laptop, which had been lying on a table near the edge of the room. "Ok I am ready to go when you two are."

Jeremy nodded, standing with his brother. "Say your goodbyes."

Ry hugged his brother and sister one last time, followed by his mother, and shook the hand of his father, who would not even look at him.

With that the two Elves and the Lion left the Durbine's house for the last time, though not before Jeremy placed a strange mark on the front door. The three Walked into the Snows of England's winter, and left Newcastle behind.

Copyright © 2011 Celethiel; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..