Jump to content
    Celethiel
  • Author
  • 6,664 Words
  • 1,078 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Children of Kishar - 7. Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Jeremy frowned, he had been forced to rent an apartment by the powers that be in the Southern empire, it had been two weeks and he had been busy joining other nobles at the politically charged gala parties. Just accepting or declining one showed whom you supported or did not, insulting the wrong lord, by going or not going to a party could be disastrous, and dangerous.

Secretly though he was finding those whom were acceptable to the idea of the rebellion, and installing the Crown Prince as Helkar, things were clicking in place in fact, and he had been highly successful, gaining twelve lords, five of which were women, who were willing to commit themselves to rebellion, and who joined willingly and almost greedily.

Jeremy sighed, thinking back upon his conversations with Ry, especially the one describing why the Empire was as the way it is.

He and the other mages had been forced to tell Ry the history of the Empire or at least the recent history, and the young man’s reaction was somewhat mixed knowing that thought Great Britain Supported the destruction of the Nazi regime the Mage Lords of the Nation, essentially took a semi neutral stance during that war, since though Hitler was created by the Southern Empire, or more specifically the Hel, the Empire it’s self actually was expanding it’s self to it’s earlier boundaries…and against two nations that Britain disliked as well, though Britain had at the time and still has good relations with the Northern Alfhiem Empire, the other two European powers surrounding the Southern Alfhiem Empire the British Mages didn’t have good relation’s with.

The Hyper-religious, and hypocritical priests who ruled, what was called at the time the Catholic Guard, but is now called the Christian Coalition. The Christian Coalition was a land taking up France, the Iberian Peninsula, Italy, and Greece, and run by a group of Mages known as the Zelrini Priesthood, who actually believed that all magic not under the priesthoods control was evil and not Christian, therefore any foreign mage, or any magical creature that wandered into the Coalition was killed on sight, it did not matter if the creature was a Holy Unicorn or Phoenix, it was killed soon after it crossed the borders.

The other major power was known as the Kingdom of Danaria, which in body took up most south-eastern Europe, but who’s power, reached into Russia, as far as the Arctic Ocean. The Nation was run by Vampires in the style of the Soviet Union except more perfect and far darker especially since it’s rulers were immortal, indeed as much as the Southern Empire was responsible for Hitler, the Rulers of Danaria were responsible for Stalin, it is thought that the Empire created Hitler in order to deal with Stalin, unfortunately for both nations both Dictators went far beyond the scales of what the two nations imagined before hand.

The truth was far worse then the human populace could imagine, for Hitler was not just the last Hel’s greatest creation but her lover where she posed as his many mistresses, indeed when Germany fell to the Allies near the end of the Second World War, Hitler and she escaped into the Alfhiem Empire instead of committing suicide like humans thought, or at least committing suicide then and there, but then Hitler’s loyalty was never to Germany but to both himself and the Hel.

The Last Hel rather than allow her Empire to crumble against the combined onslaught of Danaria and the other Mage-Kingdoms, and especially loose the Empire to the Christian Coalition, made a deal with the Northern Empire, Britain, and several of the Mage-kingdoms of North America through Rietta the Wanderer to end hostilities, and enforce the expanded borders of the Empire. But the cost was the Hel and her lover’s lives, though some say their souls as well. It was thought by many that Hitler did not go down without a fight, one could say one last lover’s spat, in the end though the Last Hel, partially due to her Fascist supporters within the Empire, became a kind of Saint and hero. Her toy, Hitler became an enemy of all things, and the person whom really brought the end to the war, and saved the Hel’s Empire was never mentioned, either to human history or to the Empire’s own other then as a spy.

The whole ordeal saddened Jeremy greatly, for The Two Alfhiem Empires were the eldest nations in Europe, containing some of the eldest mage-born Bloodlines on the continent, if not the world, and yet the two since their inception almost continuously fought, and even now were in the middle of what could only be called a cold war.

Jeremy was brought out of his thoughts on modern history, by a hand on his shoulder. One slightly cold in feeling, he looked up from his desk and the invitation he had been holding to see the Black Guard Agent whom had been assigned to him and his party.

Fritz Boctmann looking at him with a look of slight concern. “Are you ok, milord…? I see you‘ve been invited to the to my Grandfathers Gala.”

Jeremy sighed, “I am fine Fritz…. And don’t you mean forced to attend…. I know better then to not go to it…. So the invitation might as well be an order.”

Fritz sighed, “Yeah, you should…” he smiled briefly before continuing his frown, he was truly beginning to like the group even the woman he still considered an old Hag…. Though now in more of a good way, then he at first thought of her.

Jeremy on the other hand noticed the brief smile, but said nothing. He knew Fritz was warming to the group, especially Lucas whom the Guard Captain practically took under his wing, though the Black Guard and Ériu constantly argued, and Fritz looked at Ry with utter distrust.

All in all though, Jeremy was happy that Fritz started to open himself to them, and showed himself not to just be an evil spy and killer that the Black Guard were famed as being.

Indeed as Fritz had begun to open his soul to them, Jeremy had warmed to his newest Fiana Ériu and trusted her more now then he had when he had first met her.

Jeremy, having lived within the Alabaster Palace for a number of years, was no stranger to plotting. So he wondered about all of those around himself, though while he felt he could trust Ériu, he did not yet know her well enough to say that for certain…she seemed a remarkable woman and very strait forward in both her opinions and personality.

Fritz though Jeremy felt he could trust as long as it was good for Fritz’s country, the Black Guard Captain was surprisingly however not loyal to his uncle, and in fact almost had a strong distaste for the old dark elf.

The Green eyed Mage-lord looked over the rims his glasses at Fritz, “could you be so kind as to have a messenger give thanks to the Palatine-Regent, and tell him we’ll be delighted to join him at this impromptu gala tonight.”

Fritz frowned, “why must I do your errands, Lord Jeremy.”

Jeremy continued looking over the rims of his glasses and smirked, “your country, I am a Mage-lord you are my attaché, enough said…” then the green-eyed elf started laughing.

Fritz sighed, grumbling, as he left the apartment building on Jeremy’s errand

Andrew marched over to the door and listened for a few moments before creating a spell to ensure the groups privacy

Jeremy sighed, and then looked at Ériu and Andrew, “I have the feeling that the party is a trap…. Why else would the Palatine-Regent invite me to a party, or anyone from what Fritz told us, the old man doesn’t ever socialize with the Lords of Alfhiem. Which is why you two are going to gather the other conspirators and find out how many have been ‘invited’ to this fun little trip, and if more then 4 of the 12 lords I have found have been invited especially including his highness, then tell them, “Our Arrogance crushed our swords.”

Andrew sighed, “Why the heck did you pick the Song of Time as the key phrase, and passwords.”

Jeremy smirked, “what Self respecting child of Alfhiem would use it…. Now you two we have only three Hours, which is not much in the way of time…. Which means you two will be part of the forces that will be saving us if we’re captured….” he looked at Ry and Lucas, “Ry again I must ask you to be my second…. Lucas you get to come as well…” he looked at Andrew with a knowing eye, “you know my will Andy….”

Andrew smiled grimly and nodded, “yes Jer….” with that the younger twin turned and stalked out of the apartment letting the spell shielding them drop.

Ériu frowned then bowed to Jeremy and followed Andrew out of the room, passing Fritz as he was marching back up the staircase, whom she gave an annoyed frown as she passed.

Ry frowned, “Wouldn’t I be safer, and surely wouldn’t Lucas too be safer here….”

Jeremy just shook his head, as he saw Fritz walking into the room behind Ry, “I assume that your going to be there as well…I do believe you are rather popular at those shindigs….”

Fritz frowned, “Shindigs? Yes, well the ladies can’t seem to get enough of me….” though he had another woman on his mind, One that had been digging into him more and more since he met her. She was a woman that he couldn’t understand, and couldn’t get out of his mind. It was a feeling he was unaccustomed to, not being in control of his own mind, he was trained in the arts of the Soul Seeker and they were always in control of their feelings, and their mind. The Black Guard Captain sighed then, “I have about as much choice as you milord, it’s expected for a Boctmann heir to be at a gala hosted by a member of his family.”

Jeremy and the others began their preparations for the gala party in silence, the Mage-lord cast an illusion spell upon Ry to allow him to go to the Gala without every one staring and making comments of inferior blood, Lucas on the other hand could not hide no matter how the satyr-like being or Jeremy would have wished it, for his body was that of a homunculi and no magic could hide that, nor in truth could it hide Ry, but Ry was human and thus no mage would look beyond that sense or cared to see beyond it. Thus it was another iniquity that homunculi and magical beings had to deal with when concerning the mages of the world.

….

While the other four began their preparations, Andrew walked out of the building and onto the coble-stone streets of Nifelhiem though Ériu quickly caught up with him, “ok young man what was that almost sad and cold non-verbal communication that you and your brother were having?”

Andrew didn’t look at her, “he’s putting himself in danger, without me by his side, and at the same time protecting our ward by bringing him with him….”

Ériu frowned, “so I am not sure what you’re unhappy about, his being in danger, or are you jealous over him using Ry as his Second. He’s depending on us after all, we have a role to play, and I seriously doubt he’ll go down easily, his lordship is a fighter after all.

Andrew Glared at her for a moment, “not jealousy, this whole experience has been too much pressure for me, I am not a commander, I am an advisor and a healer, and only his advisor.”

Ériu looked at him with a frown as they continued, “so you’re the type whom sits back and tells people what to do but when the time comes that they need YOU to do something you won’t because you’re out of your depth. Perhaps your right, maybe he should have brought your younger brother along instead of you, he’s a Fiana as you two said, and would be better suited to doing his job then the Blue Phoenix’s own Twin brother, and Right hand….

Do you think I am any better at leading troops then you are…? I know that you are incapable of speaking to strangers, but you are my support, and I AM his Fiana, and right now the de facto leader of his guard, he wanted nether of us to go alone, and he trusts you more then me, and Ry is not a mage, thus not capable of being a leader of mages…. He brought you for a reason beyond the fact that you are his twin; he is a Mage-Lord, and a fairly clever individual, have faith in him

Andrew stopped and blinked for a couple of seconds as his mind absorbed and proceeds Ériu’s words, then he sighed, “you are right, my lady…”

Ériu smiled kindly, “I am sorry, but it should be enough that your twin brought you here, that he values your presence and that he values you in this case as well….”

The two moved into a shaded alleyway, knocking on a side door whispering, “Hand in Hand we stand against the Dark” to which a harsh whisper responded, “though one by one we fall.” and the door opened it’s self, allowing the two passage into the building what looked to be a broken down apartment building, lacking even a good ceiling. They traveled up a hallway and Ériu opened a door to a large room that was the meeting place of the rebels.

The two were greeted by several other liegemen of those whom joined Jeremy’s Alliance to put the Crown Prince on the throne, around eight, including Rudolf’s own man were there. Rudolf’s servant walked slowly toward the two, “ah I see the Blue Phoenix’s people have arrived, your usual check in…I doubt it…if you are like most of the rest of us, you came because the Blue Phoenix received an invitation to the party of a Certain highly placed Mage-Lord.”

Ériu nodded, and Andrew spoke up to everyone’s surprise, “His words were: Our Arrogance crushed our swords.”

Rudolf’s Man nodded, “I see, His Lordship believes as the Crown-Prince does that this is a trap to destroy the enemies of the Regency…including himself.

Ériu nodded, “yes, gather your supporters gentleman the serpent has begun to move, those of you who’s lords were “invited’ to this party, should attend as guests but gather their forces to join the others in making ready to assault the major compounds of government including Hölletor Castle, and the Palatine-Regent’s palace, inform the other members of the rebellion as well.”

Andrew frowned, “one-fourth total forces to converge on the Palatine’s Palace…I will lead that group…I recommend Ériu be in high command of the operation.”

Those servants and lords whom were there sprang into action, most sent soular signals informing their lord, or servants of the problems and actions required, soon though the rest of the rebelling Lord’s people appeared within the compound so as to formulate plans and begin moving their troops.

….

Three hours went by rather quickly for both parts of the group in their preparations for their mutual struggles, then it was time, Jeremy and his group entered a carriage and road across the darkening city. Entering into the courtyard of a baroque-style red and black stone palace filled with onyx statues of gargoyles, and angels.

Jeremy had been there once before, for the first gala that he had been to in the Empire, for the son of the Palatine-Regent, and then as now he was not impressed with the décor or the people within.

The Mage-prince gracefully exited the vehicle; he was dressed in a black cloak with silver embroidery, along with a white silk shirt, and black pants with gold trim. In one hand he carried a cane and on the other he wore the now invisible Silver and Emerald ring that represented his part in his Knightly Mage Order.

He was followed by Ry, whom looked actually more skater then he looked like a person dressed for a Lords Party, especially since the people of Nifelhiem dressed differently then humans. But they did find some things that worked for the “occasion” clothing that looked like his normal attire, though much fancier in shape and coloration, though not gaudy, wearing the Silver and black-Blue that were Jeremy’s Colors. His shorts looked like gold flames on white, and he wore a black and silver shirt.

Third came the exuberant little homunculus, he too was wearing Jeremy’s silver and Blue in the form of a matching silver and black shirt and pants, he though also wore small golden and sapphire Phoenix pinned to his white shirt.

The last person out of the coach was Fritz dressed in his black and silver uniform, a skull ring upon his finger…looking very much like the Captain of the Schwarzwache, that he was. Indeed his step was even of the Black Guard, with cat-like grace that at the same time almost lacked emotion or arrogance. One could almost see that he was a man trained in killing those of magic.

Jeremy walked up to the door man and handed him his invitation, “Lord Jeremy, the Blue Phoenix and party…”

The Man nodded grimly taking the invitation, “You’re the second to the last to arrive milord.”

Jeremy frowned, “who else has yet to arrive…”

The man smiled slightly, “the crown-prince…milord, please make your way to the ballroom…. His lordship has yet to make his entrance, as he is apt to do, how he does so love those as is his prerogative.” The doorman sighed, “like father like son they say…and good evening Captain, his lordship told me to convey his wish to see you in his office when you arrived.”

Fritz Boctmann nodded grimly and separated from the group, walking into the vast and very golden colored office that looked very much like a something out of the Twenties. The Captain closed the ritzy gold and red door behind him, “yes grandfather did you need to see me…”

The Palatine-Regent looked up from the mirror that showed the ballroom with people milling about it, briefly before turning slightly back to mirror to watch Lord Jeremy and his group enter the ballroom as well. “So they have arrived, but I don’t see his annoying Fiana, or the half-dead clone…”

Fritz nodded, “He said they had a few errands to run.”

Hienrich Boctmann nodded, “I see….” turning to his grandson as his mind whirled the possibilities; “I see…did you know Fritz that the young lord you’ve been running around with has plotted with the Crown-Prince in sedition against this Empire.”

Fritz frowned, “I suspected something, especially with the errands that his people were going on. Indeed, I did look into it grandfather it seems that they wish you to step down, and renew the empire in a better image including the renewal of relations with other countries…”

Hienrich Frowned, “yet you said nothing, you are soft boy, perhaps your title as an Officer wasn’t as deserved as your teachers once said. The Crown Prince is gay, therefore of no use to the Empire, he will die slowly though I‘ll use his blood to create a new Hel.”

“The Rest will be enslaved to produce heirs for their mage-born houses, then they’ll be tortured to death one at a time, but the Blue Phoenix will be publicly made an Example of, so that all know that the Empire does not allow spies and Mongrels of War into our empire. I will not Step down until there is a new Hel, until that time I am the Empire.”

Fritz’s face fell into an expressionless mask, “I see Palatine-Regent, what are your orders…”

Hienrich smirked, almost menacingly. “Good I see you know your place Captain, I was beginning to worry, Go into the ballroom and await the actions needed, you’ll chain the Blue Phoenix Personally…”

Fritz bowed, and walked out of the room, walking down the hall until he entered the huge double-doors and entered the ballroom

Behind him though walked Crown Prince Rudolf, which the herald announced right after himself, half scaring the Captain, though the later didn’t physically show it, walking over to Lord Jeremy. “I hope you’re enjoying this party milord, the Palatine-Regent is throwing it for you….” Fritz Frowned, “excuse me your highness…” with that he stepped a little ways away, allowing the Crown Prince to talk to Jeremy.

“Lord Jeremy, it seems our paths just keep crossing, and this is the second of the more unique parties we’ve both shown ourselves at…”

Jeremy sighed, “Prince Rudolf, I wish you hadn’t shown up for this Particular party…”

Rudolf laughed and clapped Jeremy on the back. “This is one party I’d not miss for the world….”

Jeremy smirked, “and you’re the one person in the entire empire whom could turn down this invitation…”

Just then the herald spoke up, “ladies and gentlemen of the Southern Empire. His Lordship, The Black Eagle of Prussia, the Palatine-Regent of the Empire, and your host tonight, Hienrich Boctmann, and his son Markus Boctmann, the Blackened Vine.

Hienrich Boctmann swept into the room followed by the graying and almost soulless looking visage of his son; both were dressed in Red and black.

Hienrich smiled an almost friendly smile, “Ladies and Gentlemen thank you for coming to my party, especially my guests of Honor, Lord Jeremy alt Danu and Crown Prince Rudolf von Hohenhiem, you two have made quite a stir recently among the nobles…” His face becoming dark and his smile turning to a sneer at that last statement, “indeed you all seem to think you can upset the boundaries of the empire, the establishment and create something inferior with your inferior ways…. But” The Palatine-Regent snapped a finger and strange crystalline devices appeared in each corner of the room as he backed up slowly and guards marched in around him, most of which were Black Guard like Fritz. There was a buzzing and most of the guests doubled over in pain…. “I was and am always watching for sedition to the empire especially of you foreigners, and those of you whom are of baser desires.” Hienrich looked strait at the now doubled over Jeremy and Rudolf. “And I have spies everywhere…”

He nodded to Fritz whom took a hold of Jeremy, and practically drug the green-eyed lord over to the Palatine-Regent along with Ry who began trying to bite Fritz’s arm off. He noticed though that the Blue Phoenix was not suffering as much as the other potent magic users were…. Only sweating a little, and actually helping Fritz drag him across the room.

“Now Lord Jeremy alt Danu, the so called Blue Phoenix of the West, for your crimes of treason and sedition against the Southern Alfhiem Empire, I sentence you to death here and now…your power’s shall be mine and increase my long life indefinitely.”

With that he placed a hand glowing with red energy not upon Jeremy, but upon Ry’s cat-like face, causing not just the illusion to fade but the young lion man to cry out in pain.

Jeremy stood up slowly with a smirk his eyes glowing green, “you’ve made your second mistake tonight milord.” A single tear ran down his cheek as he heard a silent scream in his heart and mind, coming from a voice very similar to his own, knowing full well what Hienrich was doing, and to whom the regent was actually doing it too…”



Near the Baroque palace, Andrew and his forces had already taken several of the parliamentary and government buildings seemingly without much trouble, very few if any deaths in fact, which was surprising, until he saw what was going on in front of the palace of the Boctmanns, which was heavily armed as if awaiting a siege. Black Guardsmen and even the standard military surrounded the palace.

“So they were expecting something along these lines…and wanted to cut off the head of the serpent even while the body looks on…” He said whispering to himself, the Blue eyed mage then sent his mental image to Ériu, “It seems the Palatine-Regent has his full forces blockading his palace even onto the detriment of the city…I recommend sending all forces to assault the Palace immediately.” Andrew grimaced then feeling what the Palatine-regent did to Jeremy’s Magic, but waited for some signal before commencing his forces to battle, then he felt it, searing pain, and one Andrew had felt once before, someone was trying to take his magic again, and whomever it was, was using the link between his latent spell in Ry and himself to steal his magic and unraveling the stabilization spell Andrew used on the young lion.

Andrew grimaced kneeling to the groaned in pain, his energy beginning to flow out of him…then he felt it a familiar magic his brothers which was tied himself, stopping the flow of his own magic, then he felt their fathers dark and evil power as it clawed out of him at this new source of power, and at this thing that dare take what their father thought of as his.

He looked up and saw a bright green then blue magical energy burst out of the roof and windows the ballroom area of the palace to form a massive phoenix, he knew that was the signal he was waiting for, and yelled to his troops, “the Phoenix Rises, To battle, assault the palace!”



Inside the palace Jeremy smirked, “the First was not considering I had a back up, in the form the Order that I am Leader of, and considering that we all came here, willingly walking into your trap so as to allow our forces could take the city.”

With that the Emerald Dragon ring materialized forming it’s silver band on his finger and green energy shot out from the gemstone hitting each of the crystals shattering them in turn freeing the mage-lords. Jeremy smirked, as suddenly his aura became once more the oppressive thing of a mage-lord and blue wings of energy shot out from his back. He smirked holding up his arm, causing a huge beam of magical energy to fly up, blasting a hole in the domed roof forming a phoenix as the signal to the rebellion.

The mage-lords and ladies quickly jumped to their feet sending out magical attacks at the men around them commencing the battle within the palace, as that outside stirred.

The room seemed to go very still around four people, Fritz, Jeremy, Ry and Hienrich, though all around them was the chaos of battle.

Jeremy’s eyes blazed green through his glasses as blue magical energy returned to him and cascaded over his body, “the second was going after me through Ry, my magical ties to this Child of Kishar are slight, and only through that of my twin…though as you are now realizing, I am not the only one connected to Andrew…. Do you feel it? The Tiger clawing at your magical defenses, the tiger that is my father…”

Hienrich Growled letting go of Ry, “How Dare you.” with that he drew his hand back, dark energy cascading off of it. “Now you die, and this rebellion will die with you.” With that the man struck at the glowing young lord before him.

Fritz moved into the way taking the strike into his chest, grabbing his grandfather’s hand.

Hienrich Frowned, “what have you done Fritz, you’ve betrayed the empire.”

Jeremy turned and took a hold of the once again changing lion man, the glass chandelier shattering above them sending down droplets of powdered crystal. Beginning to weave his magic into Ry, and through him into Andrew stopping the magic pull towards the Palatine-Regent, then taking hold of his father’s taint and touch roughly, hearing his twin scream in his mind, as he transferred that into the Black Eagle of Prussia.

His blue magic glimmered around him, as it settled into Ry and through him into Andrew and the other mage-lord.

Fritz looked at his grandfather, his own hand glowing black and red calling upon his powers at a Soul Seeker. “As My authority as Captain of the Black Guard, you Lord Hienrich Boctmann are under arrest, for multiple crimes against the Empire.” then He shouted, “all members of the Black Guard whom are loyal to the empire, put down your arms, the Black Eagle of Prussia is under arrest.”

At Fritz’s shouted command over half of the men in the Black Guard put down their weapons. The rest seeing themselves at a substantial disadvantage against the many mage-lords in the room quickly retreated back to the main army, being chased down by seven Angry Mage-lords.

Only two remained behind, one whom had died in the fight and the Crown Prince whom looked worriedly at Jeremy and Ry before the Blue Phoenix nodded.

“Go your highness, become the Helkar, and lead this battle my part in it is done, and I’ll guard Hienrich and the Soul Seekers or they’ll guard me.”

Rudolf nodded, slowly walking out the room to take command of the Mage-lords in their rear offensive.

Fritz looked down and witnessed the body of his father, lying against the dead rebel mage-lord’s own then looked back at Hienrich and growled, “It is not I whom betrayed the Empire Grandfather, you did long ago. I owe my fealty to it and not to you, this man though foreign has more honor and cares more for our people, from the Crown Prince to the lowest Kobold then the empire’s government. His punishment for you is fitting what ever it may be milord.” with that he held his grandfather against the wall, as the old mage’s magic seemed to drain away from the him faster and faster, making Hienrich age in looks his face wrinkling, and his silver hair turning gray.

Jeremy looked at Ry, his magic glowing and fluttering around them like sunlight through colored glass as he began weaving his hands and magic over the lion man.

Ry though felt burning all over his skin, and he watched as the hair that was his fur changed from golden to gray, and felt his mane grow out more He reached up and looked at a strand seeing it turn into a purple blue color. Watching this Ry felt sick and fascinated at the same time, and wondering for the second time if he was going to die a horrible death. Ry felt as if he gained a massive increase in strength in his legs though they didn’t seem to gain much more bulk, or definition. Then he felt it, Jeremy’s magic flowing through him like a tingling wall stopping whatever changes from continuing through his body, and breathed a sigh of relief. Ry pulled up his shirt and revealed his abs out of curiosity seeing two black stripes running along his gray fur from the sides of his abs and going around his back. He sighed groaning, looking at Jeremy, “running around with you is always fun Jeremy.”

Lucas came out from his chosen hiding spot and smiled with joy, “you didn’t get hurt lord Jeremy…and you look even cooler Ry!” the little satyr bounced up and down happily.

Jeremy stood slowly, breathing a sigh of relief looking at Lord Hienrich, “how does it feel to have your magic and your power taken away, to be striped of all of that which you command because you refused to let go of the reigns of command, and added cruelty to your crimes…”

He looked at the men around him and then walked over to Fritz, and placed his hand upon the Guard captain’s chest, were the dark energy burned him using his magic to heal it as best he can. “Fritz if you’d be so kind as to lock your grandfather into a safe room and command your men to watch Lucas and Ry, I have business to handle….”

Fritz blushed a little nodding solemnly, “we’ll not fight this battle as I said our loyalty is to the Empire not to its leaders, we’ll watch your charges milord.” With that he drug his grandfather into the office that the Black Guard and former Regent had so previously used and locked the old man in it. Encountering Jeremy as the Mage-lord followed the walked to the front lines, “may I stand by your side my lord?”

Jeremy smirked, “I thought your allegiance was to the empire, not to me…or any particular lord”

Fritz smiled slightly if sadly, “It is, but I choose to whom I ally myself, and My allegiance is to you, I have found you worthy of it, I’d have not placed myself in harms way to save you otherwise, and I represent the House of Boctmann in this Struggle, as the descendant of the Eldest Male heir.”

Jeremy smiled, “good on that last part, because we may need it to stop the continued bloodshed Lord Boctmann, and I am honored on the first part that you think me worthy enough that you’d forsake your life for my sake.

Fritz nodded solemnly and the two walked out onto the battlefield to see utter chaos. The mage-lords of the Rebellion and their people fighting against the military, in a battle that took place on six different sides, from behind and on almost every wall of the palace, as the Rebel Forces surrounded the building. But the military of the Empire seemed to be putting up a rather good defense, holding off the forces if just barely, it did help that they were securely entrenched from even the inside.

Jeremy frowned as he came up behind Crown Prince Rudolf, “I think it’s time Fritz…with that he formed a discus of energy under them and the two floated into the air… “Speak and you shall be heard, Herr Boctmann.”

Fritz Sighed…“as you wish lord Jeremy…” grumbling about how he knew how Ériu felt…then he spoke clearly, “Forces of the Empire, serving the Palatine-Regent, His lordship has been incapacitated and there is no more need for this battle, it is lost, and while we’d make the Rebellion pay for this ground with their lives we’d still loose…. So it is not worth it. As a Captain of the Black Guard and the sole remaining viable head of House Boctmann in the name of the former Palatine-Regent I order the surrender of all troops…if you continue fighting I am sure the Rebellion will kill you to the last man or woman, we are not a match for 12 mage-lords and their own troops.”

With the beginning of his words there was silence from across the battlefield, Jeremy had just as much ensured that as the booming of his words…and immediately the fighting stopped simultaneously on both sides.

There was silence for a few moments more, as the rebels waited for the decision, and the loyalist’s commanders made theirs, finally a few minutes later. The man whom later the group would learn was to be named General Aigner came before the leader of the Rebellion, Prince Rudolf and bowed on one knee, “what is your will, Holy One.”

In mass the guardians of the Boctmann mansion turned and bowed before the Crown Prince, causing Rudolf to blush horribly, shortly afterwards those members of the rebellion whom were of the Empire bowed as well.

Jeremy floated down along with Fritz, whom too bowed on one knee, though Jeremy did not, just winking at the Crown Prince causing the Prince to blush even more horribly as the Lord smiled, “the ball is in your court my prince.” placing a hand on Rudolf’s shoulder as he stood behind him with a smile.

Rudolf spoke then, his voice sounding almost like a melody. “You and your men are reprieved General you are free to go as long as your fealty is to the empire and not one man, you may continue to serve this empire, indeed the empire still needs you we are surrounded on at least three sides by enemies…though not for much longer….”

He looked at Fritz, “The Black Guard is hereby disbanded within the Alfhiem Empire, and all members are either to become normal citizens of the empire or are to be exiled.

Fritz frowned looking up with slight anger, “But milord…. What disservice have we done you, many of our kind have known nothing else…and exile may be death to us.”

Rudolf smiled down kindly holding up a gloved hand, “I am not done Captain Fritz Boctmann, They are to be exiled into the Service of the Principality of Alpathia which I declare said area to a new sovereign state under the Leadership of The Blue Phoenix of the West, Jeremy alt Danu, in alliance and in buffer to the Empire, our one true ally, for his leadership and value in the Empire’s service.”

“House Boctmann as well is banished from the Empire for Treason, they go where ever they see fit, including the Northern Empire or Britain, or even Alpathia if the Blue Phoenix Deems it appropriate, I do not want the house causing trouble within the Empire.”

“Both House Boctmann, and any Black Guard choosing Exile have two weeks to leave the Empire at most.”

Jeremy smiled and bowed before the new Helkar, “I am honored, your holiness.”

Rudolf frowned, and hissed, “don’t bow at me Jeremy, you’re a sovereign, for actually more then one reason…never bow before me you are my equal.”

Jeremy smiled “as you wish Rudolf…. I need to find Andrew and Ériu…. I sense his pain.”
At the Helkar’s Smile, the newly made Prince looked at Fritz as he turned to walk away from the group

The Black Guard Captain looked as if he had lost his reason to exist, and was completely lost looking down at his hands.

Jeremy placed placing his hand on the captain’s shoulder, “you may want to work for me…after all you once said you were loyal to me, and in a sense serving me is still serving the Empire, come walk with me Fritz Boctmann.”

The former captain stood and walked after Jeremy acting very much like a zombie, all life seemed to have drained from him.

Jeremy approached a group of people, allowing his brotherly senses to be his guide, revealing Ériu calmly wrapping Andrew’s head, “I told you Andrew to be careful, Lord Jeremy won’t be happy you picked up another scar while trying to rescue him.”

Jeremy frowned, speaking; “actually it’s probably my fault…”

Both the lord’s Fiana and his twin looked up at his unexpected voice.

Andrew’s blue eyes glowed slightly as he grinned like a daredevil. “I got hit in the head with a sword when you ripped dad out of my soul. If it wasn’t for my group and your Fiana showing up I’d likely be dead.”

Jeremy smiled, “then she did well and her duties as I assigned them, our friend Fritz here saved me and probably Ry from the Palatine-Regent.”

Fritz looked at Ériu and slowly began to come back to life, and smiled nodding to the Fiana.

Ériu in turn however looked at him with a frown, and slight suspicion.

Andrew stood and groaned, “so where are the Lion-boy and the Satyr…”

Jeremy smiled, “I’ll take you to them Andy.”

With that the elder twin put Andrew’s arm over his shoulder, and the four walked back into the smoldering Red and black Palace.

As the Armies of the Empire disbanded going into their own separate ways, several Former Black Guard members were walking towards Jeremy’s group escorting Ry and Lucas to the four.

so rebellion and freedom comes to an empire...and the story may be winding down...or maybe it isn't...
Copyright © 2011 Celethiel; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..