Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 356 Words
  • 2,474 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dribbles - 20. Hideous

Response to GA prompt 142 Starting Line: “Because . . . how could you not know this was done to me?”

“Because . . . how could you not know this was done to me?” I waved a hand at my face, though I couldn’t really see it; just the vague blur and colors. I felt the air currents puff against my burning cheeks as I gestured wildly. “You can’t tell me you didn’t see them force this on me!” Tears burned in my eyes.

“I’m hideous.”

There was a snort and a hand touched mine; I flinched back.

“Stop, I’m trying to help.” I felt Elias peeling off the hanging nails of the hand he’d grasped. I shuddered as one stuck and he had to pull extra hard. I was just glad it didn’t hurt too much.

I stood there shaking as he pulled the blue and purple nails off my other hand. Once he was done with that, he led me over to the sinks. I heard the water running.

“We’ll let that get nice and hot,” hands brushed my hair back, the black strands loose around my face were tucked behind my ears, “and get you fixed up. Don’t worry; it’s not too bad.”

I shook my head. “It is, Elias. You have no idea how bad it is. I heard them,” I swallowed hard, “take pictures of me.”

There was a snort and I felt my body go rigid. I couldn’t believe he had let them do this to me.

“The water is hot.”

I turned and stuck my face under the soothing flow of water, hoping it would be enough to erase it all. I knew it wouldn’t though.

Elias handed me a handful of thin paper towels when I stood up, red and black drops dripping from my face onto my baseball jersey.

“I told you not to fall asleep at the lock in,” he said. “Those cheerleaders are vicious with their makeovers.”

He grinned. “Just be thankful the pages are all made so they can’t put it in the annual.”

I struggled to see clearly through the burn of the black goop girls put on their eyelashes so I could glare at him. “Yeah right. Thanks asshole.”

Hee hee, did I have you going there?
Copyright © 2017 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator
On 06/03/2012 03:46 AM, Andy78 said:
Yeah, you got me good there Cia. I loved it.
Thanks Andy! I wanted it all dark and dire, then twist to humor at the end. :D
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/03/2012 04:26 AM, Mark92 said:
You are one clever lady :) Very nicely played :hug:
Thank you Mark! I'm glad you liked it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yup never saw that one coming. You do have a way of twisting these prompts. Makes it so much fun to read them.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/06/2012 02:17 AM, comicfan said:
Yup never saw that one coming. You do have a way of twisting these prompts. Makes it so much fun to read them.
What can I say? I think in spirals!! :) Thanks for the review hun!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..