Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 4,798 Words
  • 6,052 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Two of a Kind - 10. Chapter 10: But how?

"I was able to treat about twenty of the sickest kitlings and pregnant women." Dr. Waddel was washing his hands at the sink in the kitchen. He dried them and turned to Bashta and Cavel who stood silently watching him, waiting for his next words.

"I think we got here in time," he said.

Cavel's eyes closed as he slumped against Bashta. Holding his mate, Bashta said a quiet prayer of thanks to the Jaguar, for his wisdom and his kindness. They had done all they could do, now they just had to let the antiserum work.

"How long until they are well?" Bashta asked.

"That will depend on each patient. The sickest should actually get better the fastest. Their bodies won't fight the antiserum so it will disperse through their bodies the fastest." Dr. Waddel pulled a chair out from the table and sat down, resting his elbows on the scarred surface. "That doesn't mean that they won't still need careful care. Their immune systems are weak..."

Cavel started to protest, "Our immune systems are very strong!"

"Normally yes, they are. These patients, however, have been ill for weeks. Their bodies were slowly shutting down and while we can halt the progress and spread of this disease they will have to recover their strength. That will take time, rest, and plenty of good food.

"I know your kind are hardy. If humans could get this plague it would spread like wildfire through the towns and cities until there was no one left. It is peculiar that it affects only your clan of Jaguars." The doctor spoke slowly, musing aloud as he considered the strange course of the disease. Bashta urged the doctor to take a cup of tea before he and Cavel sat down at the table with him. He rubbed his hands together and focused on Cavel. "We don't understand this plague at all, we were very lucky you found Bashta here and we were able to make a working antiserum in time."

Cavel looked over at Bashta, tightening the grip he had on his hand under the table. "Yes, we were. My clan has gained an invaluable treasure in my mate."

Dr. Waddel beamed at him. "In all that has been going on I didn't congratulate you," he said. "I know your father would be very happy you found your mate. He would be proud of the way you have led your clan as well."

Cavel bowed his head a little to the older man. "That means a lot to me. I know you and he were good friends when he led our clan."

Dr. Waddel laughed. "Since before that actually. Your father was one of the first Carthera to integrate into my school. He was always getting into trouble, fights and stuff."

Cavel's eyes widened, "He didn't!"

"Oh yes he did," the doctor smirked, sitting back in his chair. "One day he was in the bathroom trying to reach a large splinter of wood in his back after a tussle in the bleachers with the school phobics. I was in there washing my hands and offered to help. I pulled it out and helped him clean up. It became a habit; he got into fights when he refused to back down or avoid the phobics and I took care of the damage before his mother saw him."

"Is that why you went into medicine and specialized in treating Carthera?" Bashta asked. He was curious about the doctor, his medicine and machines that worked so much better than Bashta's own knowledge of herbal medicine.

"Yes. I was fascinated by your culture and the way you guys heal. The nurse wouldn't even touch the non-human students. My dad was a doctor; I think I always wanted to be one. He used to sometimes treat the Carthera who came to him in secret that couldn't be healed by their own medics. He always told me that pain hurts everyone the same."

"Those are the attitudes that helped the integration continue. But I bet my dad gave you more than enough opportunities to fix him up before he left high school," Cavel joked, making the doctor smile.

"That he did, that he did."

"Is it still like that?" Bashta asked. His eyes were wide and he was looking between Cavel and Dr. Waddel.

"Not really," Cavel assured him. "There will always be some people who are bigots, who think they are better than the Carthera because we are different. Carthera have been integrated into the human population for about fifty years now. Some things are still rocky but for the most part the humans treat the clans pretty much equal."

"The hospitals and medical profession in general are a little behind still. Most doctors who treat Carthera patients aren't officially trained. It's more an... apprenticeship. Your bodies are similar enough to human and yet with enough animal traits that most doctors the clans will trust become a cross between a traditional doctor and, well..." he ducked his head a little, "a vet."

Cavel's eyes narrowed.

"I'm not saying you guys are animals. But your clan traits are very animal like. For instance, the bones of the Falcon clans are lighter and thinner than a humans which make treating breaks more tricky. Some of the snake clans have fangs with actual poison sacks which produce venom. Imagine one of those guys with a toothache."

Bashta's eyes were wide. Cavel looked intrigued. "I didn't know that."

"I treat more than the Jaguar clan. Sometimes traveling clan members come through and need help. I've seen a lot in my days as a doctor."

"Have you ever seen anything like this plague before?" Bashta asked.

"No, fortunately I haven't." The doctor sighed. "Though, because no one had seen it before there I was useless. I couldn't do anything to help the kitlings until you came." Dr. Waddel looked at Bashta's obviously healthy body then looked at his eyes, seeing more sorrow and experience than the youthful countenance suggested. "Your entire clan died from this?"

Bashta face took on a haunted look, and he slowly nodded. "They did."

"Were the symptoms the same?"

Bashta rubbed his hands together nervously, his claws peeking out of his fingertips. "I think so. I was young and wasn't really paying attention. I remember Pamca and Lesner, my two best friends, were sick a few days before my mother took me to the Temple. Their mother kept bathing them in the river and they sounded funny when they breathed; like they had water in their chests, just like the kitlings in there." Bashta looked down the hall toward the main room.

"But we didn't see the lesions until we got back. My father knew we would be returning from the Temple. As he carved warnings around the village he made sure that he was visible from a good distance away on that path. He ordered us to leave them and my mother took me in her arms to keep me from going to him. I fought her, to get to my litter mates and friends who had already died from this horrible curse but it wouldn't have done any good. My father died before our eyes and he was the last of our clan left alive."

"What happened to your mother?"

Tears filled Bashta's eyes but he blinked over and over, refusing to let them fall. "She left."

He didn't say anything more, he couldn't. He wasn't angry at her anymore, he understood now. He couldn't imagine going on if something were to happen to Cavel. She had made sure he would be safe and then followed the instincts of their kind. If anything he was mad at himself, at the way he had thought about her for so long.

"I hate to ask you these questions, I'm sure it's not easy to go back to that time in your mind but it could help us figure out what happened to the kitlings here."

"She didn't get sick either. She just... couldn't take being without her mate any longer. She went feral." He lost the battle and a few tears trickled down his cheeks. Cavel pushed his chair back from the table and offered his open arms to Bashta. He quickly moved over into Cavel's warm embrace, rubbing his cheek on Cavel's soft t-shirt as he was soothed by the gentle vibration of his soothing murmurs.

"I would guess that she was in the pool with Bashta when she did the ceremonies to purify him and heal him from the fever and infection in his wound. If she had it, she probably was healed at the same time and never even knew she was sick. Curing the plague was just... a side effect." Cavel ran his fingers through Bashta's thick hair, comforting him.

The doctor considered that. "I would guess the plague acted much faster in the jungle than it did here. The environment down there would be ideal for the production of a sickness like this, they always spread faster in hot, moist climates.'

Bashta turned to look at him but stayed in the comfort of Cavel's arms. "It did. From what I've figured the sickness took many weeks to spread here when it took maybe one, at the most, in my village. I'm not sure why but I was young, there were a lot of details I missed about what was going around me."

"Do you know how it started?" The doctor leaned forward, very interested in the answer to this question. If they knew how it started and how it spread they could have some idea of how to fight it.

"No." Bashta's eyes widened. "I never thought of that! Our clans are half a world apart and the plague hit my village years ago. How did it get here?" Bashta turned to Cavel in confusion.

"We don't know that either. Most sicknesses are spread by contact with an infected person or by touching something a sick person came in contact with a lot. We can't figure out how it happened here or where it started. Several kitlings seemed to come down with the sickness around the same time and it quickly spread to the rest of them."

"The kitlings were already sick before we met and I'm the only one left from my clan. They couldn't have gotten it that way," Bashta mused. "Have you heard reports of anyone else getting sick?"

Cavel and the doctor shook their heads. "I alerted all the hospitals and clinics that treat Carthera to the symptoms and asked them to contact me if they had seen anything like it. Dr. Pennelst also contacted them when we got the antiserum model working. Still no reports of anyone else suffering from this but if they do, we have spread the word there is a cure."

Cavel brushed his hand up and down Bashta's back. He leaned into the caress as he pursed his lips, thinking hard. "You said they could have gotten it from something a sick person touched?"

Cavel nodded.

Bashta's face paled. "What if," he paused, "what if that happened?"

"How? No one in my clan has ever been to the jungle before the wise woman sent us to find you."

"No," he whispered,"but what if someone brought something here?"

***

They began questioning all the kitling's parents right away. The first one Cavel called was Saulle. He had no answers for the alpha but he added his assistance to the investigation once he knew what Cavel was asking for. After the first few parents knew nothing the doctor shook his head.

"I'm no help here, really. I'll do better to return to the clinic and help Dr. Pennelst make more antiserum."

Cavel nodded. The three of them were enough and word was already spreading through the clan. If there was something spreading the sickness, they would find it.

"You can ask Merilyn's parents the same things we are asking the others here and then call us," Bashta suggested.

"I will." Dr. Waddel gathered up his bag and headed back to the plane.

The feelings of relief that came with the antiserum, that the worst was over, soon wore off. The mood of the clan was strained as they gathered in their family groups. The alpha's questions reminded them that they still had no idea how or why this happened. Even if their kitlings got better who was to say something else couldn't happen later? What if a new sickness struck? Everyone began discussing the situation, desperately trying to find how the sickness started in hopes that would provide some answers.

Cavel sank onto the couch later that night with a frustrated sigh, his hand running through his hair and tangling it. Merilyn's parents had no insights for them either. Bashta sat down on his lap facing him and pulled his hands down. He held them to his thighs and then ran his hands up Cavel's arms to cradle his face.

"You have to stay calm. I can feel your stress and so can our clan. They take their cues from you, from us, and if we don't hold it together it will be much harder for them to remain in control. We need to know where the plague came from, yes, but do not take away the hope they finally feel that this will soon be over."

"But it won't be! Don't you see? How can I keep them safe if I don't know how?" Cavel almost wailed. He was tense, his muscles knotted as his hands clenched into fists.

"You need to take a break." Bashta's hands dropped to his shoulders and began kneading the tight muscles. They didn't soften at all. "Take me to your home?" he asked quietly.

Cavel blinked. With everything going on they hadn't left the community center since they'd returned from the jungle. Bashta was right, there wasn't anything else they could do that night. Instead he could begin to show his mate what life was going to be like together. His hands unclenched and began to knead Bashta's thighs in return.

"I'd love to show you our home."

***

The drive to the house from the community center took almost half an hour. Cavel didn't live in town like Bashta thought he would.

"Why don't you live closer to the clan?" Bashta asked as they turned down a gravel road. Trees lined the sides of the single lane and hid the moon from sight.

"I have an office downtown, sometimes I stay there on the pull-out couch. But mostly... I just need a place to be me, Cavel, without having to be alpha. If I was always surrounded by the clan I would never get that."

"Do you resent it? Being the alpha of such a large clan at your age?"

Cavel considered how to reply to that, he didn't want Bashta to think that he wasn't happy with who he was or taking care of the clan, as if they were just a burden. "No. Not like that."

His hands rubbed the steering wheel as he spoke quietly. "I love our people, the clan is a source of pride and comfort. But being the leader, the one who makes the final decisions, is a hard job sometimes. You can't make everyone happy all the time and you get pulled in a lot of directions. Having a space to myself, room to just relax without any of that pressure makes me a better alpha."

Bashta thought about that for a minute and then nodded. "My clan was much smaller and all of our ways were rooted in tradition and duty. Without all the technology and choices you have here it was a much slower, simpler way to live."

"Harder in a lot of ways, I'm sure." Cavel grimaced. "I mean, no microwaves? I'd have starved!" Bashta laughed.

"Yes, I do find those much better than cooking over the fire. But I think I see what you mean about needing space to just be yourself without having to live up to someone else's expectations all the time."

"Not to mention now I get to be there with you," Cavel said with a smile. He reached over and laced the fingers of his free hand with Bashta's. He lifted their joined hands and pointed out the windshield. "There it is."

Bashta sucked in a breath as the house came into sight. It was two stories with a sharply peaked roof and a large front porch with a swing. The colors were washed out in the darkness but the landscape was dotted with flowers and shrubs including some vines with night blooming flowers climbing a trellis to one side. Behind the house was the real reason that Cavel had built there. Beyond the tall trees that stood behind the house was the mountain peak bathed in cool moonlight. Clouds hovered over the summit, hiding the tip from them but the beauty of the sight filled him with a sense of serenity.

Bashta just sat drinking in the view, not moving as Cavel brought the car to a stop in the driveway and turned off the jeep. It wasn't until Cavel opened his door for him that Bashta managed to pull his eyes away. The expression on his face was dazed and Cavel chuckled.

"Like it?" he asked, waving his hand toward the house and the view.

"I love it," Bashta said. "It's so beautiful. I've never really seen mountains before, not like this."

"You'll love the bedroom then." Cavel smiled in anticipation.

"Oh I will, will I?"

"Mmhmm," Cavel murmured as Bashta pulled his head closer for a kiss. It was slow and sensual and when Bashta pulled away it made him groan. "What was that for?"

"For being you. For loving me. For being my mate."

"Always."

They moved together this time, Cavel's arms around Bashta's slim waist pulling him into his body. They kissed again, this one harder and full of the promise of passion that had been put aside for days.

"Hmm." Cavel pulled back this time, "I think we need to stop or I won't show you anything of your new home but the bedroom."

"I've the rest of my life to see the rest of the house. Show me the bedroom," Bashta said heatedly.

"But..." Cavel moaned and his head fell back as Bashta began to gently nip and suck at his sensitive neck while he caressed his sides and moved up to tweak his taut nipples. "Oh gods, do that again."

"Inside," Bashta murmured against his neck, "bedroom."

Cavel didn't argue anymore, grabbing Bashta's hand and towing him toward the house. He opened the unlocked front door and pounded up the stairs. Bashta was towed helplessly behind him, laughing a little at his mate's eagerness. The stairs ended at a landing with a hallway leading to the left and right. Cavel turned to the left and went for the far door.

The room he led Bashta into was big, large enough that the king size bed along one wall didn't dominate the room. In the back wall were two large french doors that led out to a balcony. Cavel dropped Bashta's hands and walked over to the doors to open them. Bashta followed him. Looking out, he was again speechless, the mountain seemed just a little closer, a little bigger, and more majestic from the balcony. As far as Bashta could see were trees and hills spreading from the base toward the house.

"I promised you plenty of room to roam around, didn't I?" Cavel pulled Bashta back against his chest, cradling him and rubbing his stomach. Bashta leaned into him, tilting his head to kiss Cavel on the cheek.

"You did. Is this all yours?" He gestured toward the mountain with one hand.

"No, not really mine. It's the clan's land really and we only own halfway to the mountain. The rest is state land, protected forest and mountain habitats. It's really wild; the visitor center and most of the human trails are on the other side, it has an easier slope. When the clan hunts we rarely encounter anyone else."

"It's amazing."

"Not as amazing as you," Cavel said, nuzzling Bashta's cheek. His tongue flicked out to get Bashta's scent, sliding upward in a slow taste from his neck to his sensitive ear. Cavel latched on and sucked gently. His arms tightened when Bashta went limp at the pleasure. That small caress brought back all the simmering tension they had at the jeep and doubled it. Bashta tried to turn around and Cavel's arms tightened further.

"I want to touch you," Bashta complained. His hands plucked at the iron bands Cavel's arms had become.

"Hmm, but I'm having fun touching you," Cavel said throatily.

Bashta gasped when he felt Cavel's hands move under his shirt and touch bare skin. He held his breath as the tickling fingers moved over the muscles of his stomach that bunched and rippled. They inched toward his chest; anticipation building as Cavel moved to return the caress that had made him so crazy earlier. Bashta's breath exploded from him when Cavel firmly tweaked both nipples. He pulled and tugged until he got Bashta's shirt off then went back to rubbing and plucking at his nipples and nibbling on his neck until Bashta's knees buckled.

Bashta felt Cavel support his body but he was unable to stand. The sensations coursing through his body had turned his knees to jelly. His hands now clung to Cavel's arms instead of trying to loosen them. He could feel Cavel's pleased rumble at his back. He gasped again when Cavel swung him up into his arms and quickly walked a few steps over to the bed.

He didn't expect him to drop him onto it and almost squeaked in surprise. His eyes wide, Bashta stared up at Cavel standing over him. Cavel stripped his shirt off and then leaned down and put one hand on the bed and then one knee. He stared intently at Bashta who began to inch away on the bed until he ran out of room to move backward. Cavel began prowling up his legs on his hands and knees until Bashta was pinned against the headboard. Bashta licked his lips nervously.

"I love your mouth," Cavel growled. His lips were soft and full and Cavel had been imagining what they would look like wrapped around him as he slowly slid into that warm cavern. He ground his body against Bashta's as the image flashed through his mind again. He made a decision.

"Undo my pants," he groaned

Bashta looked up at him, startled, "What?"

"Open them." Cavel rose up on his knees until his impressive bulge was right in front of Bashta's face. His hands trembled as he slowly lifted them and popped the button on Cavel's jeans. He licked his lips again as he lowered the zipper and Cavel's hips thrust forward slightly as he watched. "Pull them down."

Bashta tugged until they got stuck mid-thigh.

"Now my underwear." Bashta hooked his fingers into the top of the black boxer briefs and pulled them down. Cavel groaned, feeling the warm breath from Bashta's mouth just inches away. Bashta looked up at him, his eyes wide. Cavel pushed his hips forward just a little. "Lick it."

That pink tongue came out again and this time swiped across the wide head in front of him. Bashta hummed at the feeling of soft skin and tangy precum. He did it again, this time swirling his tongue in a circle. Pleased with the way Cavel's breathing increased he did it again, laving the entire head with his tongue then flicking it with the tip.

Cavel was panting as he struggled for control. "Suck it in."

Bashta looked up at him and then back down. He opened those pink lips Cavel had been admiring and engulfed the entire head in his mouth, moving his tongue along the bottom. Tightening his lips around the shaft he began to slide down until the head hit the back of throat and he gagged. "Don't take too much, just go slow."

Bashta pulled back and began stroking the first few inches with his mouth, using his tongue on the bottom to press and stroke the firm shaft. Cavel was beginning to groan faintly, leaning with his arms against the headboard. One hand came down to tangle in Bashta's long thick hair, guiding his rhythm faster and faster. The firm grip and the taste of his mate made Bashta shudder and one of his teeth caught the edge of Cavel's shaft in a sharp nick.

"Ouch!" Cavel pulled back.

Bashta blushed in embarrassment and looked down. He didn't really know much about sex but he knew that nicking his mate with his teeth was not a good thing. "Sorry."

"My fault, my mate." Cavel put his hand on Bashta's chin and tilted his head up. He leaned down and kissed him. "I got too excited; but you made me feel so good."

Bashta's blush deepened but he looked pleased. "I did?"

"Mmhmm," Cavel murmured. He backed away a little and then grabbed Bashta by the hips, sliding him back down on the bed to lay flat. "Very good." He grinned ferally, "But now it's my turn."

Cavel made short work of removing Bashta's jeans and underwear, pleased to see how excited he was. It was his turn to lick his lips as he leaned over and tasted the clear fluid leaking from the tip of his mate's erection. He used the flat of his tongue to spread the fluid around the head before putting his mouth over it and sucking hard until his lips popped off the end. He glanced up at Bashta. His head had kicked back on the pillows at the intense pleasure and his hands were knotted in the blue sheets.

"Oh gods!" Bashta moaned as he waited for Cavel to continue. "More, please."

Cavel rumbled in pleasure at the quiet whimper. He leaned back down and engulfed Bashta's erection down to the base before pulling up as he sucked hard, using his tongue to trace a line up the shaft before he went back down. Several strokes later and Bashta's hips were inching up with each pull, almost frantic whimpers and moans escaping him as he lay helpless under the overwhelming assault of pleasure in his body. Cavel could feel the pleasure Bashta felt through their bond and his own erection twitched and throbbed in response. He pulled off before Bashta could reach that final point when the stimulation would become too much.

"Let's try something." He rolled over and pulled Bashta with him until they lay on their sides facing each other. He could feel Bashta's shuddering breaths as he pulled back from the brink of orgasm, only seconds away when Cavel pulled off. He nudged Bashta's lips with his erection as he stretched his head forward and began flicking his tongue at the sensitive underside of the pink throbbing head in front of him. Bashta cautiously followed his lead.

"Hmm, feels good," Cavel moaned.

"Oh god," Bashta said as Cavel deep throated him.

"Don't take more than you can handle," Cavel warned him and then began sucking again. He wrapped his lips around the base and pulled up to the tip, feeling Bashta's pleasure through their bond as well as the warm moist pressure of Bashta's mouth on his own erection. Their breathing began to stutter after only a few minutes, the stimulation too much for either of them to hold out for long.

Bashta tipped over the edge first, his hips thrusting forward to bury his length in the back of Cavel's mouth as he orgasmed. His cries and moans vibrated along Cavel's length and set him off, though he had just enough control not to thrust forward. His body shook as he held rigid as he came. Panting, he pulled off and rested his head on Bashta's thigh as they recovered.

It took him a few minutes before he had the strength to turn around but when he finally did he gathered Bashta into his arms and curled around him. They were facing the open doors and the moon was high above the mountain bathing the now exposed snowy tip in a strong white light.

"I think I like your bedroom," Bashta said with a little smile.

"Our bedroom," Cavel corrected him.

Bashta turned his head and Cavel leaned down to kiss him, a soft, gentle kiss full of the love and contentment he felt at finally having his mate home and in their bed. Bashta snuggled back into his arms and sighed.

"Our bedroom."

Ahhh, did you think it was over? There are still questions left unanswered, things to understand. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave a review or a comment in my forum. Thanks for reading!!
Copyright © 2011 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

So this new story is set in the world of the Carthera Clans. It's modern but has an ancient feel to it. Magic of the clans and a bit beyond should make this a bit different from my average story. Of course there will be hot guys and a stormy romance, we mustn't leave that out!! I hope you enjoying reading this first chapter! I promise to respond if you leave a review, forum comment, or criticism so don't forget the feedback. I welcome any and all types of constructive criticism too, so don't fee
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh I am the first to reviewspecool.gif!

Well SEXXXXXXXXXX XD! hum I like this chapter because: everything is well and them BAM you just had to ask the question lol! how did the plague came!

 

So somebody is perhaps trying to kill jaguar clan with a plague? or just a coincidence?

 

 

 

WRITE MORE!

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/16/2011 05:17 AM, Elezbed said:
Oh I am the first to reviewspecool.gif!

Well SEXXXXXXXXXX XD! hum I like this chapter because: everything is well and them BAM you just had to ask the question lol! how did the plague came!

 

So somebody is perhaps trying to kill jaguar clan with a plague? or just a coincidence?

 

 

 

WRITE MORE!

thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Thanks for being the first to review. And yeah... sex! :P I don't like to put it in there gratituously but it was totally in character for Bashta and Cavel and the scene sooo... yeah, it was fun to write. I think that leaving the question unanswered would make the story incomplete. Yes, we have a plague and then we have a cure. But without knowing why the plague struck them, if not the original source yet, is absolutely essential. Can't wait to see how it comes about, lol. I am almost as in the dark as my readers are until I put fingers to the keyboard and the guys let me in on what's going on. More coming next week, count on it!!
  • Love 1
Link to comment

That was a truly beautiful chapter. There was sadness, hope, loss, regret and sweet, sweet loving.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/28/2011 03:39 AM, Nephylim said:
That was a truly beautiful chapter. There was sadness, hope, loss, regret and sweet, sweet loving.
Chapter 10 was hard to write at times. I really had to pull out the stops to make it as upsetting as I felt it should be for the characters. Thanks for the review!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Guest cogito_ergo_sum1666

Posted

that was neat and uber sexy lol. thanks they needed that ( me too lol ) after all they've been thru.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 07/25/2011 03:45 AM, cogito_ergo_sum1666 said:
that was neat and uber sexy lol. thanks they needed that ( me too lol ) after all they've been thru.
I'm glad you liked it! Sex scenes should be realistic but still hot and steamy and fun too. I try to balance all of that when I write them. I'm glad you're still slogging through and enjoying the story!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm getting the impression that there is something sinister in the works about this plague, but I'm not going to let it bother me. Another great chapter, with an even better ending. It's about time they got to take a break!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 02/23/2012 04:58 AM, MidnightMan said:
I'm getting the impression that there is something sinister in the works about this plague, but I'm not going to let it bother me. Another great chapter, with an even better ending. It's about time they got to take a break!
Me, writing something sinister? No way! I'm glad you like the ending ;)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

No gratuitous sex here.  It's more like a delayed honeymoon that starts as ....

Quote

Cavel didn't argue anymore, grabbing Bashta's hand and towing him toward the house. He opened the unlocked front door and pounded up the stairs. Bashta was towed helplessly behind him, laughing a little at his mate's eagerness.

Much more fun way to enter their new home together than the tradition carry over the threshold.  Somehow I think the new mystery will lead to some dangerous people.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..