Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 710 Words
  • 13,784 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Timothy - 89. Chapter 89

That evening, while Stephen read the results from his scans, I read the newspapers. There was an article in Thursday edition welcoming Edith Stevens home from Canada. There was a brief bio and a comment about her family. Her older sister worked for the DA, which must have been the leak. I’ll bet she wrote letters to her sister telling her about the town news.

I wondered if that was what Rich wanted me to see. I took two cups of coffee and went to the basement. “Stephen, read this.”

I watched as he read the article in the newspaper. “Does Rich know this?”

“I assumed he does. He told me to read the newspapers and then to call him.”

“Why did he want you to read the newspaper when he could have told you?”

“I don’t know.”

“Have you read all of the papers?”

“No”

“Maybe you should. There may be other news he wanted you to read.”

“Have you checked your scans?”

“I’ve just started.”

I started to read the newspapers more diligently. I even read the ads and orbits, and I found nothing. I was getting ready to stop reading when I noticed a column I had never read. It was a column where local people could express their views or comments. I was never interested in those columns as I always thought they were a sounding block for gripes and grievances. So I started to read them. There was a piece about how vicious rumors have torn our peaceful town apart. I thought, what vicious rumors? Is that what Rich wanted to talk about.

“Stephen, there is a comment in an opinion column that the town is being torn apart by vicious rumors. I’ll bet that is what Rich wants to talk about.”

“You don’t think one of those rumors concerns you and Bruce?”

“I don’t know. Could the DA’s secretary have told someone about my lawsuit against Bruce?”

“How would she know unless Judge Howard said something to the DA and he said something his secretary overheard.”

“Maybe she did say something, and that is why those people were picketing your home.”

“I’m going to call Rich.”

I went to the kitchen with the papers and called Rich. “Rich, I’ve read the papers my dad brought up, and I saw the article concerning Bruce’s sister-in-law working for the DA. I suppose that was the leak.”

“What else caught your attention?”

“There was an article in the Opinion section concerning someone’s comment about our town being torn apart. Is that what caused the picket of my Mom and Dad’s home?”

“Yes, the name was fictitious; Bruce’s parents wrote it.”

“Can you prove that our house was picketed because of this article?”

“No, if the article was more specific and had mentioned your name. You could write a rebuttal.”

“I need to think about that. If I decide to write an article, I’ll let you know. Anything happening in the DA’s office?”

“Not to my knowledge. If we had a copy of one of her letters, then I could confront the DA.”

“Keep me in your loop.”

“You can read about it in the paper.”

Now I have to subscribe unless Dad sends it to me. Heading down to the basement with the coffee pot, I wanted to tell Stephen what Rich had said. Walking into the basement, “Tim, I found something.”

Pouring his coffee, “What did you find?”

“I found a comment about an American that was denied entrance into England for not having a passport. I think this is Bruce, and he probably was in such a hurry to leave he forgot his passport.”

“So that means he’s back in Canada.”

“Yes, but he doesn’t have a passport. Since he didn’t have it when he left, his wife evidently packed everything and relocated to her mother and father’s home.”

“So he’s in jail in Canada.”

“Evidently”

“I should call Rich and let him know.”

I phoned Rich, and he didn’t answer so I left a message.

Thirty minutes later, Rich called me, and I told him what Stephen had found. “Rich, this is your chance for a scoop.” I didn’t realize when I told Rich that I had signed Bruce’s death warrant.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 8
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 6
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting chapter, Bruce has tried to run but he came up very short, the question is how the hell he got onboard an aircraft without a passport , I wonder what is going to happen

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/30/2022 at 2:59 PM, weinerdog said:

I'm trying to figure out how Rich article will lead to Bruce death.After all things Bruce had done he's in jail for no passport? He's in Jail as opposed to prison unless it means the same thing in this case.My only guess is Rich article mentions Bruce sexual offenses and those kind of people are considered extra scum in prison so maybe some inmates will off him after hearing about this.If that's not it then I'm stumped

I answer your questions but the next chapter will tell all. Remember Donnie's comment.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/30/2022 at 3:04 PM, Christopher said:

Timothy signed brucee's death warrant by telling Rich he was in jail in Canada? Now I'm confused. Was Rich being raped too? Possibly a sister or close relative to Rich? OK, NEXT chapter please!! :) 

Next chapter is up. Tim didn't realize he signed his death warrant.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 1/30/2022 at 3:13 PM, chris191070 said:

I'm not sure how Tim telling Ritch where Bruce is, has signed Bruce's death warrant.

Interesting News Article to come from Ritch.

There is a false implication that Rich's visit will be the cause of Bruce's death.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/30/2022 at 3:23 PM, dutch woman said:

I go for the possibility mentioned by weinerdog

Rich is doing a reporter's job. Next chapter ......

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 1/30/2022 at 4:17 PM, Scotrik1 said:

Interesting. Certainly a piece of the puzzle still missing. I think Bruce did a lot of things to a lot more people than anyone realizes yet. And if he's in jail, only a limited number of people would have access to him...hmmm. Maybe his wife knows the truth now and handled business lol.

Scottie

Rich's interview is critical next chapter

  • Like 5
Link to comment
23 hours ago, bottomguy said:

If Bruce in in jail.  That is much different than Prison.  But even in jails,  news is discovered rather quickly at times.  Newpapers are the mode of communication.  IF Bruce has raped even more that we can imagine, there may be the possibilty that one of the officers at the jail is connected to Bruce's so called conquests. Maybe a relative of one of the officers in the jail or even someone who is spending time in jail.  Bruce could very well end up a victim of his own devices .

 

That would be a possibility but the reason he's in jail is lack of a passport. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

Brucie is a sexual predator, and those kinds of people are often targeted by the other members of the prison/jail population.  Often it’s because they, or someone close to them, has been a victim in the past.  Tim may have started the investigations that led to Brucie running away, but it’s hardly his fault.  Brucie escalated things with his attempt to flee to England and neglecting to bring his passport.  The UK has extradition with the US anyway (there is a real case going on right now with a guy who faked his death about 2 years ago in RI and fled there but was recently arrested in Scotland when he was hospitalized with Covid.  He is being sent back to face charges of fraud, sexual misconduct, rape and more in at least 3 states. Look up Nick Alahverdian.).  

I just want to know how the jail population in Canada finds out about him, or if someone else, in another location, is responsible.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Just now, CLJobe said:
19 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

Brucie is a sexual predator, and those kinds of people are often targeted by the other members of the prison/jail population.  Often it’s because they, or someone close to them, has been a victim in the past.  Tim may have started the investigations that led to Brucie running away, but it’s hardly his fault.  Brucie escalated things with his attempt to flee to England and neglecting to bring his passport.  The UK has extradition with the US anyway (there is a real case going on right now with a guy who faked his death about 2 years ago in RI and fled there but was recently arrested in Scotland when he was hospitalized with Covid.  He is being sent back to face charges of fraud, sexual misconduct, rape and more in at least 3 states. Look up Nick Alahverdian.).  

I just want to know how the jail population in Canada finds out about him, or if someone else, in another location, is responsible.

I think he knows and that is why he tried going to England. His wife's sister kept him up tp date on what was happening. He would be safe in jail unless they find out why he is wanted in the States.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

I think everyone is missing something, that has yet to be revealed. (nudge, nudge Cal?)

Setting aside all security measures put in place post 9/11 (TSA, HLS etc.) arriving at a U.S. or Canadian airport without a passport usually gets you detained and if you have no criminal record released and given time (usually 2 business days) to produce one by contacting your home country's embassy, so not automatically jailed or imprisoned.

However, In the U.K. you would be automatically detained in a 'hotel' directly connected to all international airports (Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester, London Luton or Stansted etc)  and given sufficient time to procure a passport (from Embassy). OR you can be held and placed on next flight returning to your home nation. So again not automatically jailed or imprisoned. ja

BUT if DA issued international arrest warrant for Bruce, it should automatically show up in Passport Control computers and Bruce would be detained and returned to Canada. On arrival he would be jailed pending extradition to U.S. Even though he raped Ann Marie (and others), he wouldn't be considered an automatic target for 'prison justice' since he was not a pedophile. UNLESS someone 'else' who is aware of Bruce's activities, and may have participated, wants him permanently silenced. Someone who is  'powerful' now and doesn't want his name leaked.

How Tim figures, ” I didn’t realize when I told Rich that I had signed Bruce’s death warrant"? I think Tim's guilt trip is unwarranted (no pun intended).

you are more up on the laws in Canada than I am but the next chapter explains it all. There was a warrant issued by the DA which caused Bruce to run.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, mikedup said:

Interesting chapter, Bruce has tried to run but he came up very short, the question is how the hell he got onboard an aircraft without a passport , I wonder what is going to happen

That is a good question unless he used a driver's license. I don't know if a Canadian driver's license would be accepted. Tony??

  • Like 5
Link to comment
5 hours ago, CLJobe said:

That is a good question unless he used a driver's license. I don't know if a Canadian driver's license would be accepted. Tony??

Generally speaking, even an 'Enhanced Drivers License' (or a U.S. Nexus card) will not allow you to board any international flight, although there have been reports of lax security checks by TSA agents. and airline staff. Any passport must have a minimum of 6 months before its expiry. Could Bruce have bribed his way on board? 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Oh, the webs we weave... Poor old Bruce, I would say I feel sorry for him... NOT.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..