Jump to content
    Cynus
  • Author
  • 175 Words
  • 572 Views
  • 0 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Musings of a Mongoose - 10. The Dilemma

I am lost without myself. This is as true for me as you. Not so much the my, but the self is always true.

Are you?

What self would cheat and lie, look destruction in the eye and spit in face of all creation?

Surely not I, nor mine?

But I lie,

And I cheat, and I spit as I stare into the chaos, swirling chaos in the distance . . . The path of most resistance.

Where the cyclone tears asunder, every careful dream and wonder, every hope and madness that I could 'er achieve.

All that I believe . . .

The path where truth awaits, to welcome and eradicate all of my realities like fleas!

The nagging bites where nothing's there, the tiny imperfections in the world.

They gnaw, they scratch and chew at you, telling you that you will never be, part of this reality, because part of you is somewhere else,

because you are lost without yourself

 

But no one else.

 

With someone else,

You're found.

Copyright © 2017 Cynus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..