Jump to content
    Doctor Oger
  • Author
  • 536 Words
  • 676 Views
  • 0 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dream Spores - 3. World Shells

/

O: Hey, something did come to me in a dream. It had nothing to do with knives, but it's fascinating. It had to do with world-shells.

E: Go on...

O: Or rather... bubbles. In each other.

E: I see...

O: There was this chaotic, hostile world with warlords. With powers that shouldn't exist, and 'normal' people didn't have them. Somehow there was fear hovering around in sort of immaterial large clouds, or planes, and you just happened to 'enter' it sometimes. And you were always hunted.

E: What... me individually? Or others in general.

O: That is, I was. Because I dreamed it and I was the main character of that dream I was always hunted, but had there been other 'normal' people, they'd have been hunted, too.

E: Interesting.

O: The most interesting thing is that this world contained another world.
Like a big tropical birdhouse with a forest in it, it was a replica of the original, 'good' world outside of the feary, feral one.

I happened to stumble across this place with a companion and discovered that it was safe for some reason. But it was also fenced in, it was smaller, and surrounded by the wrong world, and artificial, but it reminded us of what should be. So I took this companion and left the safe space to travel to the end of the 'wrong' world and leave it, and get to the larger, original, natural good world that was supposed to be all around the wrong one.

We even made it.

Almost.

E: Heh.

O: My companion and I managed to get to the edge of the world, and for some reason we were a freshly married couple when we came there, and at the edge (It was a wall/shell/whatever) was a honeymoon motel.

We were in a disgusting pink room.

The back wall was the wall of the entire world, we knew that we had to get behind it.

In one corner of the room was a doorframe with a screen of black. I stuck my head through and saw Jeremy Irons or whoever on the other side. It was all white there and he was sitting at an easel.

When I looked through Winona Ryder with a red barocky dress came towards me, and I turned back to the motel room. She came walking out of the black and vanished somehow. My companion and I couldn't go through the door yet for some reason, we had to figure something out first, but I don't know what exactly.

We went to bed and erm...

E: ...

O: We tried to have sex.

E: And you couldn't?

O: My companion was a redhaired boy, by the way. And very cute. We both couldn't.

E: Heh, interesting.

O: There was something going on in the room that distracted us, and the black doorway of course...

I could feel him.

E: Who?

O: Well, that was it. I could describe how things looked, but that's irrelevant.
The redhead. I mean, it wasn't just pictures, I could feel his body. That's what I meant.
I'd like to go back to the wrong world and see if I can deal with it.

 

font size="4">2010, I think. Maybe 2011.
Copyright © 2017 Doctor Oger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..