Jump to content
    Estion
  • Author
  • 610 Words
  • 1,066 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Diary of a Mortal God - 1. Chapter 1: Genesis

Chapter 1: Genesis

Dear Journal,

Free Will is overrated, they are on the verge of extinction, and I wonder why I created them. Most likely I will save them, and create a new world for them to live. Although I have a strange feeling they might do it themselves, nothing would make me proud. My love for my creations is a double edge sword.

The first week of the New Year always brings memories of nostalgia. How I wish my first guardian reincarnate and grows up already. I miss his affection, his smile, how he is able to turn my frown upside down. It would be another twenty years until he will be revealed to me. Eventually, I will tell you about him, actually about all my Guardians of my Realm.

I’m also just remembering the day my parents gave me The Realm of Earth as my Domain. A small realm, with little life and virtually no suns. It was actually created for me, I am responsible for its prosperity and growth. I have yet to create my first sentient life, I was scared that couldn’t create something as beautiful as an Angel, or dominating like a Demon. The gift of creating a life form takes away a part of my power, and that scares me. The first set of twins created Angels and Demons. They are beautiful, powerful, and deadly. They have no free will, they were built as an Army for Order and Chaos. I have met with every creature my siblings created, and they all had their positives and negatives. Ultimately, they had no free will.

It seems to me that my sibling's purpose to exist is to dominate each other. I love them all equally, and they genuinely love me in return until I made humans. I decided to create a being with the potential to become more, giving up my immortality in exchange. I became weak like my creations, I have made beings with the potential of being equal to Gods. I gave them free will, to make their own choice of existence. Chaos couldn’t be more proud of me. Order - 1 Chaos - 5.

My father was distraught, he didn’t understand the decision I made. Our very existence was on the verge of extinction, even the humans I made. I was created to be a balance between order and chaos, and I couldn’t allow the off-balance to last long. Order was losing the game, and my creations were cavemen, they needed to learn. I needed Order to teach them how to survive. As Gods, we have complete control over who is allowed to enter our realms and allowed my sister to send me seven angels. The Seven Angels taught my creations how to survive, to live in Order. Every God soon realized the game got complicated, the human race will determine the winner. The Realm of Earth was on the side of Order. The fabric of existence was safe for now even if I was mortal.

The first life I lived for over 5000 years and died a mortal natural death. For a fraction of a second, my eternal family felt the void I left behind. They couldn’t comprehend what death means as a God. To me, it felt like going to sleep and waking up the next day. The moment they felt the void my spark reignited. I was reborn a human boy in Mesopotamia, with no memory of my prior life. It was the first time I fell in love, and his name is Sin. I can’t wait to tell you about him. Order - 3 Chaos - 5

Copyright© 2016 Steven Jaquez; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I like this. :great: It's different and from the viewpoint of God!! Wow. Ok, I'm on this ride with you. When will you post Sin's story? :read:

Link to comment

An interesting start, I am intrigued and curious as to where this is going to go as a story. The arrival of the next chapter is eagerly awaited. Thank you for sharing.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..