Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Runner-Up - 10. Chapter 10

They arrived twenty minutes later in the lobby of the Cineplex.

David looked around as they got in before heading directly towards the interact machine.

"What are you doing?" Kyle asked. He wanted to make sure that David wasn't expecting to pay for his ticket.

"I need to withdraw some cash."

"You're not paying for the ticket."

David was about to argue, but Kyle stopped him before he could utter a word.

"I have a pair of free movie pass. We just need not to choose a movie in its IMAX version."

David knew that there was no point for him to try and argue about it. Wanting to still do his part, he made his request.

"Then I'll pay for the snacks."

"I already have some cash on me, you can repay me after if you insist. At least, you won't have to pay for the bank surcharge."

David agreed, but made a mental note to pay his friend back as soon as he gets the chance.

As David was looking at the posters and the schedule of the different movies showing, he wondered if the choice of movie was already made.

"Did you have a movie in mind? I haven't seen any of them yet."

"Well it's also up to you, but I was thinking about Gravity, I've heard it's supposed to be good."

"Ya, for sure, it does look good." David looked at his watch before going on. "We'll be waiting a long time though, it starts in like forty-five minutes."

Kyle let a grin show.

"Oh, don't worry about that, you'll see."

Since they were early for the first evening representations, there wasn't much of a line-up to get their ticket.

As they got pass the ticket booth, one of the clerk directed them to the right screening room.

Walking toward the room, David saw the concession bar. He figured that they'd make a stop there before going to the room. He soon realized that Kyle had other things in mind.

"Not just yet. I thought we could do something else while we wait."

Kyle led the way to an arcade area next to the entrance. Kyle already had some tokens left off from the last time he was there, as such they didn't stop by the machine.

As they walked around, they saw the usual suspects when it comes to arcade games. Different shooting games, car racing, Nascar, motor racing, first person shooting game and so on. In the far back, there was two bowling lanes and a few air hockey tables.

"Do you see something that interests you?" Kyle asked.

They were almost the only ones in the arcades section, so the choice was completely theirs.

"Well, I never played at that."

David pointed at the air hockey game.

"You never! Well that settles it."

Kyle went at the closest table and fed the table with the two tokens it needed for the air cushion to start and for the puck to drop in the return.

David went on the far side of the table and took the mallet that was already there in his hand, while Kyle did the same on the other side.

Before David could even think about asking, knowing that his friend had never played, Kyle gave the straight forward instructions.

"Try to send the puck in the slot on my side while preventing me from doing so. I believe it's the first to reach seven wins."

David was able to defend himself quite well. He managed to build himself a four-nothing lead relatively rapidly, enough that he ventured at teasing Kyle about it.

"Just so that I'm clear, the goal is actually to get to seven, right, not to have the other burst first?

"Yeah, yeah, it's not over yet, things can change rapidly."

"Well, in the meantime, I'm still leading easily."

To avoid the humiliation of losing by a shutout, Kyle decided to play more offensively. Unfortunately, his tactic backfired as he quickly got scored on one more time. Swearing under his breath as he dropped the puck back in play, he managed to stop his frustration from overtaking him and scored twice back to back.

"Now, we're going the right way."

"Ya, well, if I check the scoreboard, I'm still beating you five to two." Kyle promptly corrected his friend.

"You're leading, but you haven't beat me."

"Matter of time, just a matter of time."

Kyle simply stuck out his tongue at David.

Kyle managed to fight hard for two extra goals before David made it a six to four game.

"One more and it's all over for you."

"I know! Just put the puck back in play."

David was tempted to toy with his friend a little more but he kept in mind that it wasn't over just yet.

After a couple of close calls on each side, David was able to give the final blow.

Kyle threw his mallet in frustration on the table.

"A bit of a sore loser in you?" David commented, amused by Kyle's reaction.

"Nah, congrats! Well played!"

Kyle didn't hang around for a rematch. David followed his friend as he continued the tour.

"So what do I get for winning?"

"I don't know, we didn't talk about anything. What you want?"

David didn't know what he could ask for; what would be too far and what would not. He decided to keep it simple.

"Well, I get to choose the next game?"

Part of Kyle was hoping for a different consequence, but he still agreed and gave his friend a couple of token.

They were almost finished with the tour when, to Kyle's despair, David stopped at the game of dance revolution. Kyle dreaded what his friend was about to say.

"You gonna play a game with me?"

As much as Kyle liked to play music at home, singing and prancing around, he was far from being comfortable dancing like that on cue.

"I did say that you could choose the next one."

David setup the game and browsed through the selection of music. It showed in the selection of songs that the game hadn't been updated to the flavors of the day. He still managed to find a song that he felt would be perfect, Barbie Girl. He then looked at Kyle with a grin.

"Barbie Girl! David, really!"

"You go first.”

Kyle didn’t have time to argue as the song was about to start and hurried to step up on the dance mat. As he had expected, he missed a third of the arrows in the first half of the song.

Having fun, looking at his friend awkwardly dancing, David decided to immortalize the moment; He took out his phone and started to record Kyle’s efforts without him realizing.

As the song went along, Kyle showed some improvement, staying extremely focused, doing the minimum needed to get it done, stepping on the right arrow at the right time. He actually managed to finish the song without getting the hook.

Kyle ended up with a poor success rate of sixty-three percent.

“That’s not that bad!” David exclaimed after seeing the result.

Kyle answered by giving his friend a what-are-you-talking-about look.

“Okay, you’re right that kinda sucks!”

David laughed and even got his friend to grin, at least until Kyle noticed that he had his cell phone out.

Kyle immediately suspected that something was up.

“What did you do? Why do you have your phone at hands?”

“Me? Nothing!”

Kyle just looked at his friend, with an incredulous look, waiting for more.

“I might have taken a video.”

“You wouldn’t!”

“Are you sure about it? It could become the next viral clip on YouTube."

Kyle soon realized that his friend had indeed done it.

“You better not post it anywhere.”

David already knew that there was no way he could post the video online, but was still sad as he really wanted to post it on his instagram feed.

“Don’t worry, I won’t.” David reassured his friend before teasing him. “It’s better as a bargaining chip anyhow.”

With his friend’s assurance and knowing that he most likely wouldn’t win the argument, Kyle dropped the matter.

“Alright, it’s your turn. Let's see if you're actually better. We’ll see if you're still laughing after you’re done.”

David hesitated a long time as he was choosing his song. He seriously thought about selecting the same one, so it would be a fair comparison, but another song was interesting him.

"Will you just pick one, or should I chose for you?" Kyle commented.

Being pressured to make a choice, he selected Livin la Vida Loca.

David had a much different approach. He too wasn't perfect, but was giving much more energy and much more into it, waving his arms, clapping his hands. He was really having fun.

Kyle didn't think about filming or taking pictures, but was taking mental notes of what he was seeing.

At the end of the song, neither of them needed to wait for the official result to know that David had a better score, a B in this case.

The two of them had the time to do the lineup at the concessions, where they decided to share a large popcorn and each got a Pepsi. David was barely surprised when it rang up to almost twenty dollars, but, as he had insisted, he paid for it himself.

At their seats, they didn't have to wait too long as only a couple of minutes later, the previews started.

They both ended up enjoying the movie, for the quality of the special effects, the actors and the story itself. In fact, the only regret Kyle had about the movie is that they didn't see the IMAX 3D version.

“Did you have something planned for after the movie?”

They were getting out of the movies, since it seemed to David that the evening was all thought out, he wondered what else was in the works.

“Well, it’s up to you. I was thinking about simply getting back home, maybe watch something then get to bed, but if you would rather do something else before getting back home, I’d be open.”

David was getting tired, not that he needed to get to bed, but that he just felt like doing, sitting on a couch.

“Getting back to your place sound good.”

Arrived at Kyle's place, they didn't waste much time; after a stop in the bathroom, they opened Netflix on the TV and selected the first movie that seemed interesting enough.

David hesitated at first, but, after careful consideration, he still installed himself so that Kyle could hold him close, which he did.

It turned out that the movie wasn't that good, or at least that's what Kyle thought. Thirty minutes in the movie, he still had no clue what the story was all about. David must have felt the same way as, by then he was already half asleep on his friend. Kyle didn't hesitate to keep him peaceful by gently stroking David's hair and caressing all of his friend's body that he could reach.

Since it was still somewhat too early, it was only ten thirty, to wake the sleeping beauty up and go to bed, Kyle simply stopped the boring movie and instead started a sitcom still on Netflix.

"The movie is already over?"

David had woken up to realize that the actors on TV had changed.

"Nah, it was boring and you dozed off for a while, so I put an episode of Glee on instead."

David wasn't really proud of himself for having dozed off like that while he was with a friend. He only hoped that it didn't bothered Kyle.

"Ya, sorry 'bout that, I guess that you're that comfy."

"Don't worry, it was kinda nice having you rest on me."

Kyle couldn't believe that he had actually said that. It was the truth, he loved the idea of David resting peacefully on him. It was always the case, but is it something that he could really say out loud? He continued, hoping that David wouldn't think too much about what he had just said.

"If you want, we can go to bed right away."

"Nah, you can finish the episode, we can go to bed after. In the meantime, I will go take a shower."

As David got up, Kyle was extremely tempted to go with him, but he figured out that it was best not to. However, he couldn't resist and teased him.

"You better not take care of business in there!"

"Oh really, why can't I?"

Kyle wanted so badly to answer back with a real reason, because he was there and that he could help instead, but Kyle thought that it wasn't appropriate. He simply stayed lost for words.

Having succeeded in getting the last word, David went to take his shower and get ready for bed.

By the time David had gotten out of the bathroom, and went back to the living room, Kyle was surfing the net on his laptop. The episode of Glee had already ended and Kyle had turned off the TV.

"What are you looking at?"

Kyle looked up to see that his friend was standing in underwear next to him. He took a few extra second before answering to admire the view.

"Nothing really, I was just waiting for you to be done."

"Was I that long?"

Kyle had to bite his tongue not to let another teasing remark out.

"Nah, not really."

Kyle didn't waste much time, he closed his laptop and turned off the light, signalling that it was bedtime.

In the bedroom, Kyle didn't think twice, he got naked and hopped in bed. Even if he knew it most likely wouldn't happen, Kyle hoped that David would follow his example. He had already seen David naked once in the past, it wasn’t the point. Kyle simply wanted to be able to feel all of David skin’s against his.

David knew what was expected of him, and he would have been very happy to do so. However, it just didn't feel right for him to get in bed naked with Kyle. He knew that if he were to do it, sex would most likely be a result. David didn't think he was ready and knew that he probably wouldn't be able to say no this time around.

As Kyle had expected, David got in bed with his undies still on. Kyle decided to try and do something about it.

“I’m sure you would feel better if you were naked.”

“I normally sleep in night pants and t-shirt; this is already a big step from how I normally sleep in.”

Kyle followed his own policy of pushing back one time before dropping the matter. He tried to make the cutest face and pleaded.

“You’re already outside of your comfort zone, you could take them off. I promise I won’t take it as an invitation to jump you during the night, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“Alright!”

David couldn’t resist the pleading, against his own better judgment, he removed his underwear, while Kyle turned off the nightstand lamp with a big smile.

Kyle installed himself, holding his friend from the back, running his hands against his friend’s side. He then rested his hand right above David’s waist, on his tummy.

He simply couldn’t resist, the temptation was too much, and Kyle slowly moved his hand down, until he had David’s dick in his hand and realized that he was erect.

span>A big thank you to Zandra and Rachel who shared the dirty work of editing the chapter! Naturally a big kiss to Jason for the Beta.

If you liked the chapter, give it a like! Also, don't hesitate to review or send me your comments by PM, it's always appreciated.

Copyright © 2015 FrenchCanadian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..