Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Runner-Up - 11. Chapter 11

David's dick felt perfect in his hand. Kyle didn't try to make any jerking motion, he simply left his hand where it was. It lasted maybe a few seconds as, without a word, David took Kyle's hand and brought it back high up on his chest. Kyle didn't and couldn't argue. They simply fell asleep that way.

The next morning, Kyle woke up by his friend stirring and stretching.

"Mornin'! Slept well?" Kyle asked.

"Mm mm" David managed to let out in between two yawns.

"Umm, I'm too comfy, I don't want to get up."

Despite his own complain, Kyle reached the night stand on his side to look at the time on his cell.

"What time is it?"

"It's almost ten."

David sat on the side of the bed, getting ready to get up.

"I should get ready and leave. I've got my last midterm on Wednesday."

Kyle knew by now that his friend was of the studious type, driving for perfection and a good GPA, and he remembered that David had already brought schoolbooks at his place in the past.

"Knowing you, I'm sure that you brought your book with you. You could stay here and study?"

"Yeah, I have it, but if I were to stay, I'm sure I would get distracted and I'm sure I wouldn't study as much as I should."

It was hard to argue with that, even more so that Kyle knew that his friend was right.

"You should at least eat breakfast before you leave."

"Nah, I'm fine. I'll probably grab something on the way to my dorm."

David simply didn't want to intrude more and also knew what was awaiting him.

"In that case, we could stop at the Timmies next to the metro and get breakfast there before you head back to Montreal."

Seeing how his friend was insisting, David agreed. Kyle made sure to take a mental picture of David's beautiful naked body before they both got dressed. Without having lost time, the two friends were set to leave Kyle's place.

At Tim Horton's, they both paid for their morning bagel and Double-double coffee. Before David could think about leaving for the Metro, Kyle lured him into sitting down at a table.

"What will you be doing for your winter break?"

Kyle was curious to know if his friend would be left alone for the holidays.

"Not sure just yet. I know my parents really want me to come home, even more so that my brother already said that he wouldn't."

"What would you be doing instead, staying by yourself in the dorms?"

"I don't know. Some of my friends are going in Switzerland, I kinda want to go with them instead."

"That could sure be fun."

"Yeah, worst case I'll simply go back to Chicago during reading week in March."

"Exactly. If ever you end up staying in town, you'll be able to stay with me, I wouldn't leave you alone for the holidays."

David knew that no matter what he wouldn't stay in Montreal for the break, but he appreciated the option being there to him.

"Will you be working?"

“Not sure yet, I haven’t decided. I still have some vacations days to take, so I might.”

Then, David had an idea.

“If you can take those days off, you could maybe come with us to Europe!”

Kyle was pleasantly surprised by the suggestion. He never would have thought that his friend would actually think about, or even offer to have them go on a trip together, even if there would be others.

“That would be great! I’ll verify Monday if I can really takes my vacation days.”

When they finished their breakfast, Kyle accompanied his friend to the metro, only to leave him moments before the next train would leave, as David had to get in the station.

The rest of the weekend was boring for Kyle, he did just enough school work so that he could say he won't fall behind. The rest of his time was spent procrastinating, watching one TV show after another and chatting with his friends.

He caught himself daydreaming about going to Europe with his friend. In his head, it was virtually a done deal.

Monday morning, at work, Kyle was on a mission. He had to get the approval from his boss to take his remaining vacation days during the holidays or else his plan would fall through from the get go.

Just to make it harder on an impatient Kyle, his boss still wasn't in at nine, as she usually did. Instead, she arrived right before he was about to go on break.

That he couldn't just go and see her right away; he had to give her time to arrive first. He therefore went outside for his break as always thinking he'd simply get back five minutes earlier.

When he got back to his desk, Kyle was however too scared of a refusal to go and see his boss.

It was a stupid reason, Kyle knew it, there was most likely no reason why she would say no to him; She liked him, he was known to be the best at his job and he was the only one asking for vacation during that time.

Since Kyle his window of opportunity was now closing fast, as he had to get back to work, he took the decision to wait until after the lunch service.

This time around, he didn't chicken out and went to his boss' office as soon as he had time to do so.

"Yes Kyle, what can I do for you?" She asked as soon as she saw him at her door frame.

"My friends want to bring me on trip during the winter break. For that, I would need to move my last two week of vacation to the week of the twenty-second and of the twenty-ninth of December off."

"Oh! Where are you planning to go?"

"Right now, we're talking about going to Switzerland."

"That's such a nice country, it would be your first time there?"

At that point, she was looking at the vacation schedule for the department to see if she could approve the request or not.

"Ya, it would."

"You'll see, you'll like it! Just send in the vacation form request and I'll approve the modification."

The answer immediately put a smile on his face.

"Thank you!"

Kyle had already prepared his vacation modification request, which meant that, as soon as he got back to his desk, he sent it in right away before leaving for lunch.

On his way out, Kyle shared the good news to David right away.

David still hadn't answered back by the time Kyle got back to his desk, but it didn't matter to him. He spent the rest of his free time looking online for cheap flights and hotels.

***

It was Wednesday end of the afternoon when Kyle heard back from David.

'I'm finally done with midterms!'

Kyle, who had hung out on campus after his afternoon class saw a possibility to hang out with his friend some.

'That's nice! I'm still downtown, wanna hangout, celebrate a little?'

'I'm already heading out to see some friends. I can come to your place Friday night?'

Despite the fact that he wondered what was stopping David to invite him to join them, Kyle was happy to know that his friend was at least giving an alternative this time around.

'I'm working Saturday morning, Friday might not be the best idea.'

'Saturday night won't be better either, right? So, no problem, I'll simply leave with you for work Saturday morning.'

Kyle knew that it wasn't ideal for either of them, but if his friend was willing and didn't mind having to wake up early, he was fine by it.

'Alright'

Realizing that he wouldn't be asked out, and given the fact that he no longer felt like staying downtown, Kyle made his way back home.

David arrived at Allison's apartment. As usual, he didn't wait after having knocked at the door to let himself in. David was always surprised when he was at Allison's place since no one would guess that it was only students living there.

Lucas and his girlfriend barely got up as David walked in the living room.

"David! All done? How did it go?” Allison asked still on the couch in front of the TV.

"Yeah, not too bad. We will see, but I think I should have at least an A minus."

"Well good!"

"Hope you won't mind, we've started a little without you. Help yourself, we've made some punch."

Lucas nodded toward the living room table where an empty glass was waiting next to an almost full pitcher.

Realizing that they wouldn't go out, as it was planned, at least right away, David went to drop his bag and take off his coat in the entrance before joining them back.

Once comfortably sitting across the couple, he helped himself to a glass of punch. After a first sip, David realized that his friends had went a little heavy on the alcohol.

"Your roommate is not home yet?" David asked the browned-haired girl.

"Nah, I don't remember exactly if she's working or if she had a meeting, but, in all case, she shouldn't be back before ten."

"So this is why we're staying in then?"

Lucas was the one that answered the question.

"That, and the fact that it's less expensive this way around."

David remembered that he had to talk to his friend about their travel plans for the holidays.

"Do you guys still want to make that trip to Europe, like we were talking about, during winter break?"

"We didn't really talk about it since, but ya, it would be fun."

Allison looked at her boyfriend for confirmation.

"Ya, we should, it would be nice."

"The reason why I ask is that I kinda already invited my friend Kyle to join us. If that's alright with you guys?"

David was sure that he saw a grin on Allison's face.

"Hum! Is there something that we need to know?"

It was quite obvious to David what was Allison was insinuating. It was no secret that Allison, and to a lesser extend Lucas, was hoping that he'd find a boyfriend. Because of that, David could hardly even speak to a guy without being questioned by her.

"Nothing, he's just a friend. I just thought that it would be a good distraction for him and that's why I told him to join us."

"Alright then. Of course he can come with us." Allison confirmed.

It was just a formality for David. He had already made up his mind that he'd be travelling with Kyle for the holidays; he would have done it without Allison and Lucas if he needed it.

Lucas was next to speak on the subject.

"We didn't really decide on which city we wanted to go. We have what, two weeks, it limits what we can do."

"I don't know for you, but I'd like to make a stay in London. Then, we talked about Switzerland, it could be nice to do Geneva, Lausanne and the places around." David chimed in.

The couple totally agreed with the suggestions David made. Allison added another suggestion.

"We could also make a stop in the mountains too, skiing or I heard they have nice spa too."

“I’m not sure about the skiing, but the spa could be nice.”

As the evening went by, the three of them played some board game. However, the alcohol level rising made it that they played less and less and talked more and more. Allison went back on the subject of Kyle.

“But David, from everything that you’re telling us about him, why don’t you try and go out with him? He sounds perfect for you?”

She looked at David for an answer that didn’t come right away. Instead of helping his friend out of the question, Lucas added more to it.

“She’s right, you know.”

“I don’t know. I don’t see him that way. He’s nice, I enjoy being around him and all that, sure, but he’s a friend.”

“Yeah, well isn’t it for him that you left us at like midnight to go see a few weeks ago? That sound more than just a friend.”

Allison remembered what had happened when they were all at the pool hall. David felt the effect of the alcohol wearing off on him.

“Ya well, that’s part of the issue. He lost his long-term boyfriend only a few weeks ago. It wouldn’t be right. Beside, I’m sure that he’s not ready and not looking for that.”

“No, but I’m sure that he wouldn’t mind some good sex though.”

Allison elbowed Lucas in the ribcage for the comment he made.

“Don’t listen to him on that… But, you don’t know, maybe he’s just waiting for you to do something, to make the first step.”

"Nope, I still say that it would be too weird."

"If you say so. There will be someone else soon enough."

As much as Allison was pushing him to get a boyfriend, she, at least, never tried to hook him up. For that, David was grateful.

When Allison's roommate arrived, it was David's cue to get back to his dorm. Lucas, who couldn't allow himself not to get back to his own room, left at the same time.

Walking back, David's mind was racing. Lucas noticed it and correctly guessed what it was.

"You don't have to listen to her. Girls will always try to mingle in love stuff, doesn't mean that they're always right."

"Yeah, I know. It's true, he'd be great for me, but, I don't know, I'd always think about Ryan. If I would, I'm quite sure that it would be the same thing for Kyle."

"Probably." Lucas agreed.

"I just don't want to feel like I'm not his first choice."

Lucas didn't think it was the best time to argue, but he saw a fail in his friend's logic. By that logic, he wouldn’t be able to date anyone that already had in the past a boyfriend. The number of previous relationship shouldn’t matter if he’s the right one.

span>A big thank you to Rachel who worked hard and did the dirty work of making my chapter readable! Naturally a big kiss to Jason for the Beta.

If you liked the chapter, give it a like! Also, don't hesitate to review or send me your comments by PM, it's always appreciated.

Copyright © 2015 FrenchCanadian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..