Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Runner-Up - Prologue. Prologue

"Did you reconfirm with him?" Ryan asked.

"Yeah, I did hun. We're still good at four." Kyle answered.

There was a certain eagerness in their voice. After having exchanged a couple of email and texts, the couple would finally be meeting the guy that had answered the Craigslist add they had posted a few days before.

They had been looking to make few new gay friends, mainly to hang out with, although they hadn't excluded some fun, and they had decided that it wasn't too lame to simply try Craigslist.

"So, where do we meet?"

"By the fountain at the Desjardins Centre."

"Why there?"

"I don't know, it's the one place I could only think of when he asked me."

Their early afternoon consisted in cleaning the condo, since neither of them were comfortable entertaining at their place in the current state of messiness.

After all, the plan was to hang out a little downtown before bringing him back home for the evening if everyone still wanted it.

Once their home was presentable, they just had enough time to shower and dress up before they had to leave.

The drive to downtown itself was uneventful. However, Kyle quickly came to regret their meeting place as some kind of event was happening. It made finding a decent place to park in the middle of the entertainment district very difficult for them. Despite the fact that they had timed themselves to arrive a good twenty minutes in advance, by the time they had finally found a parking spot, all the way down by the old Montreal, they had to hustle up to be there on time.

Sure enough, as they arrive in the main atrium, Kyle noticed a young guy, standing by the fountain by himself, and immediately knew that their date for the day was already there.

"He's there!" Kyle said making his boyfriend realize that they wouldn't have to wait.

"We're right on time." Ryan said as he was taking a look at his watch.

The two boys walked up to the young guy waiting.

“David?” Kyle said.

The young guy didn’t answer, he simply got closer to them and smiled.

“Hope we haven’t made you wait for too long.” Ryan said.

“Nah, it’s alright... Where do you guys wanna go?”

“Well we thought about simply hanging out in the old port.” Kyle said.

It was the perfect fall day to walk around near the water. The three of them took the time to make small talk as well as getting to know each other better. The remainder of the afternoon went by quickly.

Even if they had previously exchanged a couple of emails and many text messages, Ryan and Kyle still were learning new things about David, from his background to funny stories about him when he was younger.

As it was getting late, a question needed to get asked.

“So ya, David, you want to come back with us, get something to eat, hang out at our place?"

He didn't take long to think it over and immediately said yes. After all he did enjoy the company of the two of them.

David followed them to the car and back to their place where he could only expect a good time. At that point, he already could see him hanging out with them on regular basis.

Copyright © 2015 FrenchCanadian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..