Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Ardor - 13. Chapter 13

Chapter 13

My legs burned and I was panting like an old crock, but I had arrived at the shed. Candlelight poured through the gaps between the wooden planks of the door. He was still awake. For a moment, I considered to knock, but decided it’d be better to confront Maraki inside. With careful movements, I opened the door and entered. Maraki was kneeling in the middle of the single room, his back to the door and five candles placed around him. Just seeing him made my heart beat faster and it was impossible that he didn’t hear its heavy pounding. The leather harness was lying by his side, but he was wearing his leather trousers. He had extended his arms to the side with his palms facing upwards.

Na’dar shal A’ra’mai denai no Elyran zru dell’ti’mar...

I hadn’t understood every word, but this evening many people were praying for my health.

He jumped up and drew the sword of the Nuzr, pointing it at me. A moment later, it crashed to the ground. Maraki made a step back and his eyes filled with terror. His lips formed my name, but no sound came from them. I wanted to close the distance between us, but he retreated further. My guts knotted up.

“What have I done that you cannot stand me being close?”

His head sank down.

“Don’t mock at me.”

“I really don’t understand. Nothing that happened in the cell justifies this.”

He charged at me only to stop some Jots before me. He raised his right arm and his hand curled into a fist. I didn’t shrink back.

“It’s hard enough to live with my shame, but you don’t have to come here to torture me.”

He spoke through gritted teeth. Sadness and rage were tearing him apart.

“If you really believe that I came here to punish and hurt you, strike me down with all your strength. I prefer being dead than living with the knowledge that you think I’m capable of this.”

Our gazes had locked. His arm began to tremble. Maraki sank down on his knees and bent his head.

“You mustn’t forgive me. Not this time. I have raped you, wounded you and worse. It’s impossible to forgive me. I can’t.”

I stretched out my hand, but stopped at the last moment. He was so panicked already that touching him would only make things more complicated.

“You didn’t rape me. A rape requires a victim. You’ve done nothing that I didn’t want, didn’t desire. It was rough, yes, but I have never felt such ecstasy. I didn’t even notice that I was bleeding.”

His voice was low and broken.

“I should have noticed. Deep down, I’m a brute and a killer. You deserve more than this.”

“Does a brute hold you tight when you’re in pain? Does a killer ask for permission to touch you? Don’t you remember?”

Now, I did understand.

“You don’t remember, do you?”

He took a deep breath.

“Only vaguely. Feelings. Lust. Desire. Satisfaction, blissful satisfaction. The Ardor doesn’t allow for more complex memories.”

I went also down on my knees and looked up into his eyes.

“But all those things I’ve felt, too. Because that is what two people feel when they love each other.”

His eyes widened and he shook his head.

“You’re not shak’nai’dar; you’re undecided!”

I smiled at him and my hands touched his cheeks, throwing my previous qualms to the wind.

“Is it so hard to believe that a guy like you makes me want to decide? You’re gentle, caring and so good deep down to your core. Not even the Ardor can rob you of your innate kindness. You’re everything that I ever wanted and more.”

A tear ran down my face. But it was joy, a feeling of gratitude for the chance to have found him that made me cry.

“I love you, Maraki. For all that you have been, for all that you are, for all that you will be.”

The amber depths of his eyes had changed into a whirling chaos of emotions. Still holding his face, I looked into this golden turmoil, letting the veracity of my love flow where words couldn’t reach. Disbelief and insecurity faded away; doubt and shame vanished; hesitancy and irritation ceased to exist. Only love remained, mutually reflected in our eyes.

He grabbed me and pulled me close. His embrace was so tight that it was painful, but I didn’t mind. I heard the beat of his heart, felt the heat of his skin and his smell was all around me. He breathed into my ear, the stream of warm air carrying whispered words.

“When I first saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful person on Tenegra and I knew you would never love me. When you treated me with respect and goodness, a tiny voice spoke of hope. When you did things no one else would have done for me, hope became a possibility. Then came the Ardor and all was lost…”

The echo of grief in his voice made a shiver run down my spine.

“And yet, you’re here. My life and my soul are yours, no matter what. I love you, Elyran, son of Semiron and Nurulan. In my heart, there is no other truth.”

He loosened his grip. Our gazes met. I lowered my lips on his. Soft nips for a start, for we didn’t dare to do more. Having his tusks rub over my face was an unfamiliar but not unpleasant feeling. When our tongues shared a first fleeting touch, they shyly retreated. Their next encounter was far more amicable. Passion took over and spurred them into a wilder dance. And still, even in our kisses his gentleness abounded. I had no idea how long we had made out, but only when our lips were raw, we decided it was time for a break. Grinning sheepishly, we looked at each other. Maraki was still kneeling on the floor and I was sitting on his thighs.

“Must be uncomfortable for you.”

I stood up, but didn’t get very far, because Maraki put his hands on my hips and pulled me back.

“Just a little longer, please. Having you here outweighs all inconvenience.”

His words sparked an idea.

“There is no reason for you to stay in this shed. Feida and Greiff won’t mind having you in the house.”

“Anyway, let’s ask them first. It’s their house.”

His concerns for our generous hosts reminded me once more why I felt for him the way I did. I pecked him on his cheek. He grunted in delight.

“You’re right. Their house, their rules.”

Now, that I had time to think, questions upon questions came to my mind.

“Your Ardor for this evening is already over, isn’t it?”

I didn’t have a clue when it began in terms of outer world time. In the prison, this point had been moot. He smirked.

“In this season, it comes around dawn. I’ve already taken care of it.”

His features became serious.

“You’re still weak, too weak, for making love.”

“There are some things that aren’t too exhausting…”

I wiggled my brows. We laughed out both. Other questions begged for my attention.

“What has happened after our escape? How did you come here? Weren’t Feida and Greiff afraid? You’re working in the fields?”

Maraki looked into my eyes, the slightest smile on his lips.

“I’ll tell you later, okay? I promise. Feida and Greiff will get up soon. If she doesn’t find you in your bed, I’ll meet A’ra’mai sooner than I’d like to.”

His face was ablaze with humor.

“Oh, I’ll give Silya and Dunir reading and writing lessons. Doesn’t make too good of an impression if I fall asleep as their teacher.”

“Definitely not. I’ll take you over to the house.”

The more Parts we could spend together the better.

Walking over to the shed had been exhausting, but the way back was excruciating. I made it half way to the house before my legs gave up. I slumped down, but I didn’t hit the ground, for Maraki caught my fall. Concern wrinkled his face.

“Are you alright?”

“Just bit off a little more than I could chew.”

I caressed his arm to make my point.

“May I carry you?”

His question took my breath away.

“You don’t have to ask.”

With a gleam in his eyes, he lifted me up and rested me in both of his arms.

“But thanks for doing so.”

I added in a whisper. He nestled me a little closer to his body.

In those little gestures, I felt his love the most.

Copyright © 2012 Hasimir Fenrig; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I had no problems reading this chapter. smile.png Must be the emperor's way of expression I'm having trouble with, and 'no', I haven't seen Dune - is it sci-fi/fantasy? Sorry, I have way too little experience of those genres, whether it is film or literature doesn't matter.

 

Now for this chapter - this is the meeting I missed in the former. You, Hasimir, are just a too good to put it up so soon, the weekend is not even over yet. It was emotional, sweet, genuine and it left me emotionally melting, smiling and elated. Maraki is like a child with his feelings, the way he is expressing them to Elyran laying them bare for him to see. It is as if he is not used to be loved back, as if he has encountered hatred or disgust for his feelings in the past, and then of course he is devastated of having hurt Elyran. In his actions and partly in his words he is expressing what all people want - to be loved for whom they are, not only for the good things but even more so for their wrongs and mistakes. I hope Maraki can grow a little more confident in himself and truly feel he is worth being loved. Elyran is already doing a good job of it though.

Link to comment

YAH, I am so happy! XD I am greatful that Maraki didn't keep pushing away from him, and I am happy that they are back together again! :) I can't wait for more of their relationship and finding out about what happened between when he went unconscious and when he woke up. Thanks for another great chapters :D

Link to comment

I'm so glad they patched things up. Their earlier interactions in the cell allowed them to make it past this misunderstanding. Now I'm really worried for the family. I hope nothing terrible happens to them.

Link to comment

Vulnerability and honesty are the keys to intimacy. This chapter was sweet intimacy! Thank you.wub.png

Link to comment
On 03/12/2012 08:16 AM, sorgbarn said:
I had no problems reading this chapter. smile.png Must be the emperor's way of expression I'm having trouble with, and 'no', I haven't seen Dune - is it sci-fi/fantasy? Sorry, I have way too little experience of those genres, whether it is film or literature doesn't matter.

 

Now for this chapter - this is the meeting I missed in the former. You, Hasimir, are just a too good to put it up so soon, the weekend is not even over yet. It was emotional, sweet, genuine and it left me emotionally melting, smiling and elated. Maraki is like a child with his feelings, the way he is expressing them to Elyran laying them bare for him to see. It is as if he is not used to be loved back, as if he has encountered hatred or disgust for his feelings in the past, and then of course he is devastated of having hurt Elyran. In his actions and partly in his words he is expressing what all people want - to be loved for whom they are, not only for the good things but even more so for their wrongs and mistakes. I hope Maraki can grow a little more confident in himself and truly feel he is worth being loved. Elyran is already doing a good job of it though.

It may sound weird, but I'm very interested myself in seeing their relationship develop. I have some plans in mind, but sometimes the characters can even surprise the author...
Link to comment
On 03/12/2012 08:17 AM, MuddyRiverGirl said:
YAH, I am so happy! XD I am greatful that Maraki didn't keep pushing away from him, and I am happy that they are back together again! :) I can't wait for more of their relationship and finding out about what happened between when he went unconscious and when he woke up. Thanks for another great chapters :D
I prefer them being together too. But I'm training myself to put a little delay into the romance. ^^
Link to comment
On 03/12/2012 09:01 AM, Rebelghost85 said:
I'm so glad they patched things up. Their earlier interactions in the cell allowed them to make it past this misunderstanding. Now I'm really worried for the family. I hope nothing terrible happens to them.
Their former experiences were an interesting point for me as well.

They had become close, had become intimate, before their relationship even started. For me that was something new to explore.

Link to comment
On 03/12/2012 11:17 AM, Conner said:
Vulnerability and honesty are the keys to intimacy. This chapter was sweet intimacy! Thank you.wub.png
Thank you.

I can only repeat: I love ROMANCE (capital letters intended ^^)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..