Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 3,169 Words
  • 483 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lust and Propriety - 17. A Ruzzier Royal

Andyvion had never felt more pleased than witnessing the moment his beloved twins reunited with their parents. While his father-in-law had adored Andy, it was his mother-in-law who fawned over Tyr…to the point that her husband had to nearly peel her off of the green-haired knight. The twins themselves were also quite besotted with Tyr, but they barely managed to restrain themselves in front of their parents.

"That slimy-haired Rutt-butt is damn lucky he's a whole kingdom away from me," Gemma Morton huffed as she paced about the guest room, pausing to clutch at the back of a desk chair with both hands. "If the upcoming battle doesn't rid us of him, I will."

"You're the best, Mom," the twins said, sprawled on the loveseat with Andy. Then Vincent added, "and the most terrifying."

"On the subject of the battle, it's my sworn duty to defend the prince's home," Tyr began as he inched his way towards the door. "I would like to ask for-"

"Oh, you are not leaving us without completing our mating!" Nico cried out before a pout formed on his face and tears welled in his purple eyes. Both Vincent and Andy reached over to give him support, rubbing his back. Coco was the most sensitive of their quad, and his sadness affected them all even without their mating being solidified. "Or is it that you want to leave us?"

"How could I ever want to leave any of you?" Tyr insisted. While he had always wanted to settle down with a mate, life had given him three. His duty to his prince and his kingdom weighed three times as heavy as he glanced from one set of mournful eyes to another. A tear rolled down Nico's beautiful cheek and it caused his heart to squeeze painfully in his chet. "Aw, hell.."

"Come on, honey," Gemma said as she tugged Victor, who had been seated at the edge of the bed, by the arm and out the door. "Our boys need a little privacy."

The massive Unicorn didn't even hear the door close. His silvery green eyes were still held hostage by the sight of his upset mates. Not a few weeks prior, Tyr had no one but Button that would worry about his safety. Sometimes, not even then. It felt strange to feel such warm longing mixed with chagrin at the same time.

"Nothing will happen to him even if he does go, Coco," Andy insisted as he gently scratched Nico's scalp. "Kimset and Button would make sure he's safe!"

"Do you promise?" Nico begged Tyr, his eyes shining. "You'll stay safe and come back to us as soon as you can?"

Tyr rushed forward to take hold of one of Nico's hands as he pressed a kiss to the Unicorn's forehead, right atop his chevron crest. "I swear it," he vowed. As he released the violet man's hands, Andy called out.

"Oh!"

The knight's crest, a shield with the taurus symbol within it, had been transferred onto the back of Coco's hand.

"H-hey!" Vincent huffed as he thrust out his hand towards Tyr, as well. The Perazan wasted no time in pressing a firm kiss to the back of Vin's hand, leaving behind his crest.

Tyr then held his hand out for Andyvion's. When the teal-haired Unicorn handed his hand over he, too, received the crest. The knight then held out his upper arm. "It would give me much honor if I had your crests here, for all to see," he admitted.

Andy gently curled his hand around the center. Nico and Vincent placed theirs on either side of his. When the hands were removed, Andy's peafowl feather head crest was bracketed by the two opposite-pointing chevrons. Tyr was then tackled to the ground by his three lovely mates.

::::

Vetiver was a Nightmare with light brown eyes, medium-length curly black hair pulled back into a ponytail, and a skin tone so dark it was almost pitch black. On his forehead was a light brown blade of grass crest that curled in at each end, almost like a sideways s-figure. He was the captain of the Montcroix knights, a position he never thought he'd have again after the last battle he fought in…the one where he had first crossed paths with his mate, Nigel. After the horrors that the two of them had lived through, Vetiver couldn't be more surprised to find Healer Nigel himself joining their ranks on their march to Perazan lands.

"Just what the hell do you think you're doing, Nigel?" He rumbled as he approached the slanted-eyed man. That seagreen pale hue of his hair stuck out like a sore thumb in the last war, especially upon a terrain that was covered in dark browns and burgundy hues. This time would be no different, a bright green cast against the white of snow.

"While I can't stop you from doing the right thing, Vet," Nigel explained. "There is nothing stopping me from joining you in your endeavors."

"You're not needed here," Vetiver responded sharply.

"Such lies," Nigel responded dismissively with the wave of a hand. "Healers are always needed. Everywhere."

"But, what if you get hurt again?" the captain insisted as he all but crushed the mixed Unicorn to his chest.

"There are plenty of Unicorns in Peraza, and all of them have some level of healing abilities."

"If there are so many Healers in Peraza, I just don't understand why you insist on joining us, then!"

"I won't stay behind when you're being sent out into danger. I refuse."

Vetiver stomped away from Nigel as he inspected the new soldiers. He couldn't remember the last time he was so anxious. He stopped right in front of the knight from Peraza and threw his arms up exasperatedly into the air. "There aren't any limits as to how frustrating a mate can be!" He whined.

Tyr showed off his arm decked with the three crests. "One mate? Try three."

The captain placed a gentle hand on the Perazan's shoulder. "You have my sympathies."

"So says the man who so desperately clasped onto my arm to place his mating mark before he so much as knew my name," Nigel taunted as he slowly walked past. "I've healed many patients in my life, but to this day, none of them have ever been so bold."

Vetiver hung his head in defeat. "I look forward to the day I retire," he confessed.

"As do I, love," Nigel agreed. "As do I."

With a few final preparations, the army was assembled. Soldiers that were loyal to the Montcroix and the Perazans numbered by the thousands. Several other Healers joined Nigel's team. Prince Winter and Hazeth themselves took the lead as they began to cross through the portal to Peraza.

King Rathburn had been ready for them from the moment he had noticed their absence. Worse yet, he had also received news that Victor's sons had escaped Cha Borolan, as well. Nothing was going according to his plans. While he had amassed a great number of soldiers throughout the years, they were all practically plowed through with the larger numbers of Zirao Zion's infantry. He hadn't anticipated how many ranks the Nightmares truly had. The fact that Unicorns made up some of those ranks surprised him even more.

"What traitors," the olive-haired Unicorn hissed as he rushed down the hallways. When it was becoming blatantly apparent that he was losing, he had rushed back into the palace to hide. Two soldiers were right on his heels. But, he had discovered a secret passage within Prince Winter's chambers the day prior.

He had tortured that information right out of a peach-haired Elder that used to attend to the young prince.

Rathburn closed the entrance of the passage behind him and quietly made his way down the path. A wide smirk formed on his face at the irony of using an escape path that the Perazan Prince himself had not been able to use. "A real ruler uses everything at his disposal."

"No, a real ruler knows the layout of his own kingdom like the back of his hand."

Yellow eyes widened the sight of the prince in question standing beside Hazeth Montcroix at the open end of the passage flanked by soldiers. Rathburn took one step forward, and Vetiver and Tyr wasted no time in placing him in restraints. When the shock finally wore off, Rathburn thrashed and glared at the other two royals.

Elsewhere, Healer Nigel dispatched his team of Healers anywhere they were needed the most. While they took over the palace rooms as emergency stations, he came across a pitiful sight. An Elder had been left sprawled on the floor of one of the rooms, covered in blood, lacerations and bruises. His tattered robes alone were the only indication of his status. Nigel quickly knelt down to assess the injuries and the swelling, healing the more critical areas.

When the green-haired Healer was halfway through, the Unicorn began to awaken. "If you can hear me, my name is Healer Nigel," he greeted in a soft tone of voice. "I've come with Prince Winter and reinforcements to help set things right in Peraza. Just know that you are safe now."

Elder Mason groaned as he blindly reached out, taking hold of Nigel's exposed ankle. He tried to express his warmest and deepest gratitude through that touch alone. "Th-thank you," He replied groggily before passing out.

Nigel gasped at the sensation, his green eyes widening at the hazelnut crest that now rested upon his ankle. "Whoa, wait, I-" He stammered as he cried out. "Elder!" But, by then, the Unicorn was unconscious. With a groan, the Healer dropped his face into his hands. Never would he have thought to come across a mate the same way twice. "Vet's going to kill me, isn't he?"

:::

Rathburn and his remaining loyal soldiers were held captive in the dungeon as Winter and Hazeth dealt with the aftermath. Just as they had suspected, the majority of Rathburn's troops had willingly surrendered. The unenthusiastic soldiers just wanted to go home. The problem was that, with Cha Borolan without a ruler, the prince and the Montcroix had to tread carefully from then on out.

They didn't want the other countries to think that they were taking over two countries back-to-back. While Hazeth willingly became a Maestri in name, the fact that he was born a Montcroix was well-known throughout the entire continent Seven-Rehn. Little did they know that the solution would ironically manifest right before them.

"I'm sorry, Habby, can you repeat that again?" Finian pleaded. When they had sent Habacuc and his father to investigate Renke's origins, they were hoping to find living blood family members that they could then bribe into receiving higher titles. That had been their plan all along, after all. However…

"Robert and I have firm suspicions that Renke is a Ruzzier royal," Habacuc explained as he glanced at all the other adults seated around the Montcroix war room table. Finian and Alastair were joined by Hazeth, Winter, Pennicola, Renke, and the Cha Borolan citizens.

"Not only that," Robert added as he scratched his head through the beanie hat he wore over his forehead and ears. "He might very well be the true heir of Cha Borolan."

"Get the fuck outta here!" Renke exclaimed aloud.

"We're not joking," Finian's father insisted as he laid out document after document on the oval table in the center of the Montcroix war room. "We spoke with the woman who left Renke at the orphanage. Her name's Sidney, and she's a Junziean citizen who claims that Renke was the son of her twin sister, who had been murdered by assassins that she believes were sent by Rathburn…because his father was the original Cha Borolan king!"

"Wow, I have an Aunt Sidney!" Renke mused as he rose to his feet to reach for the picture that Habacuc handed to him of his relative. That tidbit was the most valuable information to him. His aunt had abandoned him to save his life, but she was still alive. He had an honest to goodness real blood family member.

"Renke, my love, you have more than an aunt," Penni commented from the seat next to him as he placed a hand on his beloved's elbow. "You have an entire kingdom!"

"Is all that for real, though?" Renke questioned, motioning towards the other files before them. "What about King Rathburn?"

"The dukie was never the real king," Nico huffed as he snuggled his back against Tyr (whose legs he was seated between) and braided Andy's hair, whose head was on his lap. The four of them were seated on top of the other end of the massive table because it allowed them more contact than being seated in the chairs. They had yet to fully consummate their mating due to Tyr being dragged into that meeting right after his return from Peraza. Coco refused to be separated from his mates a moment longer.

"Yeah, I don't know what he did to convince the real king to name him the heir, but it was surely some shady shit," Vincent added as he gave Andy's hand a gentle squeeze and settled his head back against Tyr's shoulder. Cuddling during their strategy meeting would have to suffice for the time being.

"I'll be damned," Hazeth chuckled from his seat near the head of the table as he motioned towards Renke and Pennicola. "We got ourselves the royals that will be in charge of Cha Borolan!"

"Yes, since neither of them are Montcroix, the other dignitaries can't say anything!" Prince Winter pointed out from beside him.

"Not to mention he has the real legitimate claim to the throne," Alistair concluded. He was seated across from Hazeth and Winter because he had ceded the seat as head of the table to Finian.

"Whatcha say, sweetheart?" Renke prompted as he glanced down at his intended. "Would your parents have cause to complain about me now?"

Pennicola shook his head. Half of his mind tried to desperately grasp the rest of the information that was divulged. But, the other half was floating in Unicorn heaven. Not an hour ago, he'd been ready to elope with his beloved Renke against the wishes of his family. As a matter of fact, he had been planning on convincing the brunet to claim him that very night…

"I'm glad ya don't have to choose between yer family and me anymore," Renke replied with a relaxed smile that softened his features. As someone who grew up without a family, he had been greatly troubled to be the cause of his promised mate's separation from them. Happiness and relief shone in his heterochromatic green and purple eyes.

The butterfly-crested Unicorn felt his heart skip a beat. Just how many times was he going to fall for this kind and creative hulk of a man? Before Penni even realized what he was doing, his body decided for him. He clambered onto Renke's chair, and then used the height to climb his mate-to-be, wrapping his arms and legs tightly around the larger man's torso and neck. The white-blond Unicorn then pressed a sound kiss to his lover's lips.

"Please, Renke, delay no more and take me. I'm yours."

"Yep," Renke agreed as he walked them both towards their guest room. "Looks like we'll have ta hear about the details tomorrow!"

"Hey, that's not fair!"

As soon as they heard the sound of the door of the war room being closed, both Vincent and Nico had exclaimed at the same time before turning their most practiced, puppy-pleading gaze towards the Montcroix kings. Their voices once again resonated in unison. "May we be excused, as well?"

Finian nodded, a smirk tugging at his lips, and motioned for them all to be dismissed. One particular pair, however, tried to sneak out just past the young king's field of vision. The blond royal tutted.

"Ah-ah! Everyone except for you two, father and Habby."

The two older men flinched before hesitantly turning back around. Finian ushered them closer with a crook of his finger. Alistair had a mixture of amusement and curiosity on his face, but chose not to interrupt whatever was about to happen. He recognized the tone of trouble in his husband's voice, and he was definitely glad it wasn't aimed at him, for once.

Finian Fair looked into his father's eyes, the same dark blue hue as his own. "As much as wearing warm clothes and hats while traveling through Peraza is practical," he began. "I've never seen you wear a hat indoors, let alone a beanie."

Alistair glanced twice at the elder Fair as if he had just noticed what his mate was talking about. Come to think of it, it was strange to wear a hat indoors. Had Robert gotten a bad haircut, or worse, received a head injury during their mission?

Habacuc lowered his head in a deep bow. "Forgive me, my kings," he explained. "Sir Robert and I…one thing led to another and…"

"Come now, Hab," Robert drawled as he pulled his hat off, revealing the amber-hued crest of a square Egyptian H glyph on his forehead. "You shouldn't have to apologize for having chosen a mate."

Both kings stood up and rushed over to hug and congratulate the older men.

"Dad, that's great!"

"Habby, well done!"

The Fairs looked at one another, both with nearly identically pleased expressions on their faces. They'd both come a long way from the way they lived in the Earth dimension. Both had found and fought for happier lives in such a foreign setting.

"I regret nothing," Rob concluded with a chuckle.

"I'm glad of it," Finian affirmed as he gently squeezed one of his dad's arms. "Neither do I. But, wait, I thought forehead crests were only allowed to be bestowed by royals…"

Habacuc looked uncomfortable for a moment before he bowed his head. "Forgive me, my king, it was not my intention to hide so many things from you," he apologized.

"I was at fault here, as well," Alistair spoke up. "The subject has never really been brought up until now. While he's not really in line for the throne, Habby's always had royal blood. He's part of the royal family of Sero."

Fin saw Habacuc in a new light. "Then, why in Zirao Zion has he been attending to the Montrcoix family as an employee?" He questioned.

"We've tried to get him to stop for years," Allie confessed. "He's more Montcroix now than Sero, having been around us for so long."

A gentle smile formed on Habby's face. "When my parents and I fled Sero, we were grateful for the warm welcome and hospitality of the Montcroix. My parents led humble lives and enjoyed working. It made them feel as if they were giving back to the royals that sheltered them. All this time, I've felt no different. Helping to raise so many generations of the Montcroix was both challenging and a complete joy. In Robert's chosen words, 'I regret nothing.'"

spacer.pngspacer.png
Copyright © 2018 HinderToyBL, Rambling Robin, Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..