Jump to content
    *HJ*
  • Author
  • 3,208 Words
  • 3,210 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Always - 21. The Hurricane

Alright this chapter is back up BUT the second half is 100% different after much thought on the subject.

Drew had lunged when he saw David shoot up but stopped himself short when he realized it was a hug. Rose had a hand over her mouth and her eyes were glossy. Jeff just laid there with his jaw on the mattress and Drew smiled lovingly at Luke.

Luke’s ribs were screaming from David’s embrace. He grimaced and Drew was about to step in when Luke spoke.

“David, sore ribs, very sore ribs,” Luke said breathless.

David quickly released Luke and took a of couple steps back. He whispered a “Sorry,” and stared at the floor. Luke smiled and stepped toward David. Luke lifted David’s chin and looked into his pale blue irises.

“I forgive you. It will take time before I can trust you again, but I forgive you,” Luke said.

David smiled a genuine smile for the first time in a long while.

“I forgive you,” said Rose, “But you will have to earn my trust as well. You know that is a very hard thing to acquire now-a-days.”

David nodded then looked at Jeff, who had finally closed his mouth.

“I’m with Rose on the trust thing, but I don’t know if I can forgive you just yet.”

David nodded in understanding. He took a deep breath and swallowed before he turned to Drew, who looked at him with a hard expression. It contained no hate, but it was far from warm.

“I suppose you just want to rip my throat out,” David said in a whisper.

“Nearly. I’m sure you have figured out that I am not a guy that can forgive and forget easily. I may forgive you for hurting Luke, but it will take a very long time, that is if I ever do. I sure as hell don’t trust you, but for Luke’s sake I will be civil.” Drew got close enough to David that their noses were only a couple inches apart and said in a very low and menacing whisper, “If you ever hurt or think about hurting Luke, Jeff or Rose, I will make sure the bullet lodges itself between your eyes next time. Understand?”

David just nodded as he swallowed.

Rose sighed.

“Now that Drew has made himself clear, why don’t one of you boys go run out for some rocky road ice cream and bring it back to your favorite blonde haired girl.”

All the boys chuckled. David offered to go and Jeff decided to stay with Rose. Needless to say no one really trusted David with the ice cream so of course when he returned they planned to make him taste it first. Drew and Luke decided to head home and curl up on the couch together.

Luke knew thoughts of Jordan had never really left Drew’s mind all day. He was still worried; it was written plainly on his face. Luke was worried as well, and not just because he thought Jordan wouldn’t like him. He knew how dangerous it could be, trying to get a hostage away from a mad man.

As Luke navigated Drew’s car through town Drew began to speak.

“Is David going to be hanging around like nothing ever happened?” Drew asked as the thought finally sunk in.

Luke shrugged while keeping his eyes on the road.

Drew let out a breath somewhere between a sigh and an angry huff.

“You are just going to forgive him? Just like that? He tried to kill you! More than once! I don’t like him being around you or Jeff or Rose for that matter.”

Luke reached over the console and took Drew’s hand in his and squeezed it.

“You have never known David to be anything other than evil and cold. I understand that, but I chose to forgive him because I understand why he did what he did,” Luke said looking briefly at Drew’s confused expression. “What if you had met me before all of this happened and fell in love with me like now. Then out of nowhere I was murdered and David was your number one suspect. Wouldn’t you act in the same way?”

Drew thought for a moment then nodded seeing where Luke was coming from.

“I saw the old David, Drew. It was in his eyes. He is sincere about wanting to regain our trust and friendship,” said Luke with belief in his voice.

“Alright, but I have to ask you to do something for me,” said Drew

“Anything.”

“Promise me you won’t go anywhere alone with him. No matter where, or for how long. Not until I know I can trust him. You know I can’t lose you.”

Luke smiled, “I promise.”

As Luke pulled into the driveway they noticed that Jane was not home. Both figured she was at the hospital trying to keep herself busy. All Drew wanted to do was pace but he knew Luke would keep him calm.

They quickly changed into comfortable sweats and t-shirts before they popped in a comedy and plopped down on the couch together. Luke lay in Drew’s embrace as they laughed nearly the entire time. They decided to keep watching movies until Jane got home. However, by eight-thirty and the middle of their second movie, they had fallen asleep.

Jane entered the living room and threw her purse in the chair. She stopped mid-step when she eyed the boys fast asleep on the couch. A smile crossed her lips and she silently turned off the television that had been continuously looping the root menu music of the movie.

“How was work?” Drew whispered.

“It failed to provide the distraction I needed,” Jane sighed. “How long have you been awake?”

“Ever since you opened the garage door,” Drew said as Luke shifted in his arms.

“I remember when you used to be able to sleep through an earthquake. One day you’ll get back to those days.”

“Maybe, but for now nothing is ever going to get past me. I have to sleep but I have to protect the people closest to me.”

Jane knew that it was pointless to try and convince Drew that none of this was his fault or that he didn’t need to try and save everyone. One day he would see, but for now she watched with a smile as Drew gently woke Luke. The boys began to make their way to their room. Jane had to giggle when Luke nearly walked into the kitchen door. Drew just hooked his arms around Luke’s waist and began to steer him through the house.

“What time is it?” Luke asked trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

“The clock on the coffee pot said fifteen after ten,” Drew said as he fell into the bed next to Luke.

“I just want to go back to sleep,” Luke smiled as he crawled in beside Drew.

Drew went to put his arm behind Luke’s head but Luke resisted and instead took Drew into his arms and sighed contently. Drew let a smile fall upon his face as he relaxed in Luke’s embrace and drifted off to sleep.

 

It was the next morning that things seemed snowball into an emotional hurricane. The boys awoke early from their sleep and took their time getting ready. The morning was bright and windy by the time the boys began their drive to school. Luke was in the driver’s seat wearing a pair of faded blue jeans, his black and white converse, and red polo. Drew was sporting his dark washed jeans, Jordan’s, and green Hollister T-shirt.

The boys pulled into the lot and noticed Jeff getting out of his truck. Jeff spotted his friends and jogged over with a smile on his face.

“Rose gets to come home in a couple days!” Jeff exclaimed.

“That’s great,” Luke smiled as he grabbed his notebook from the back seat.

“How was hanging out with David?” Drew couldn’t help but ask.

“Awkward. He stayed about five minutes before he made an excuse to leave. It’s going to take some serious time to get even close to how things used to be with him,” Jeff sighed.

“Speaking of,” Luke nodded across the lot to David, who was exiting his red 4x4. “If yesterday was any indication I bet he is going to have a horrible day.”

“I feel bad for him in a way,” Jeff said knowing David deserved what he had coming his way.

“I’m sorry but I have no sympathy for him,” Drew said honestly as he leaned against the hood of his car.

Jeff shrugged and Luke gave him and understanding glance. There were so many emotions in the atmosphere no one really knew what to feel at that moment in time.

Jeff broke the silence. “Have you heard anything about your brother?” he asked.

Drew let out a stressful sigh. “Not a word. I have no idea what to expect. I don’t know what is going on or if they have even confirmed that it is Jordan. No one has even bothered to give us any information.”

“I sure hope they get him back safe to you guys. I’m looking forward to meeting the kid. I bet he is a great kid if you are any indication.”

Drew didn’t smile, mostly because that was what bothered him the most.

“Jordan has been with that monster for over six months. I am afraid that when, and if he comes back to us, he won’t be the same anymore.”

“I wish I could be a good friend and lie to you, but you’re right, he may not be the same kid he used to be.”

“That’s what is bothering me the most. I am so scared that he will come back and I won’t know the person he has become.”

Luke looked into Drew’s frightened face and without even considering who was watching he pull Drew’s lips to his own. In one kiss Luke seemed to ease Drew’s anxiety. Drew snaked his arms around Luke’s waist and pulled him deeper into the kiss.

“Guys! You’re in the school parking lot! Keep it PG!” laughed Jeff.

“You try and keep it PG while you are kissing him,” said Drew as he pulled out of the kiss.

“I’ll pass on kissing either of you,” Jeff laughed.

Drew and Luke laughed but before they could truly enjoy the moment a commotion near the front steps caught their attention.

“What do you think is going on over there?” Jeff asked.

“I don’t know but I think it’s worth checking out,” said Luke as he began to walk over.

Drew and Jeff followed Luke over to the quickly forming circle. They quickly made their way to the edge only to find David in the middle of a brawl with Joey and Matt, members of the boxing team. The boys jumped in to separate the three before the teachers got involved.

Luke grabbed David while Drew and Jeff grabbed Joey and Matt. When David realized it was Luke who had hold of him he stopped. He didn’t want to hurt Luke anymore.

“Matt what the hell are you fighting for? This could get you benched! Same for you, Joey!” Jeff scolded.

“We were just getting the bastard back for what he did to Luke!” Matt defended.

“Yeah, besides I felt bad about leaving the other night,” Joey said as he looked at Drew. “You’re my teammate and I shouldn’t have reacted like that. I kept thinking about Rose and how she would have beaten me.”

“Well, Luke and I appreciate the gesture, but we have made our peace with David,” Drew said as he patted Joey on the back. “Believe me if we hadn’t, he wouldn’t be standing here at the moment.”

The crowd began to thin and Luke and David approached the four. David had a bloody nose, a small cut over his left temple and the beginnings of a black eye. Luke patted him on the back and gave him a reassuring smile.

“You guys want to beat someone up make it Lance. Crack those goggles of his,” laughed Jeff.

“I never liked him much,” said Matt.

“Not many people do,” replied Joey.

“Alright, you two get to class,” Jeff said to Matt and Joey.

The two nodded and headed up the steps.

“We better get you cleaned up,” Drew said as he started to walk back to his car. The others followed and watched as Drew pulled a first aid kit out of his trunk.

“Here babe,” Drew said as he handed Luke the kit.

“You don’t have to do this,” said David. “I don’t deserve it.”

“Make no mistake. I only helped because we need Joey and Matt for the match next Friday against Clearwater,” said Drew with indifference.

“Same here,” said Jeff throwing up his hand.

“I promise that I’ll earn your trust,” said David as Luke dabbed the cut on his temple.

“It is not going to be easy,” smirked Drew.

“I’m up for the challenge,” replied David.

Luke finished cleaning up David and the four headed into the school building. David walked ahead to put distance in between himself and the other three. If the past day and the previous event had indicated anything to him, it was that he was in for a hard ride for the rest of the year.

As David walked through the doors, he was met with distasteful glances and harsh words. He tried to retreat in on himself as he walked. He knew he deserved it all and he took it, the best he was able to. It was only the comments about Tyler that pierced his armor.

Behind David, Drew and Luke once again walked the halls in each other’s embrace. A few hatful glances met their display but no words were directed at them. This satisfied Drew but then something occurred to him. He leaned close to Luke’s ear and they walked down the hall.

“I just thought of something rather important,” he whispered.

Luke narrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“When Jordan returns, the press will come with him.”

Luke’s heart flipped and his stomach sunk. Drew caught the emotion in his lover’s eyes. They reached their lockers and Drew placed his hands on the sides of Luke’s face.

“Luke, I love you and I will shout it to the world. You’re mine and I don’t give a damn who knows it. I just wanted to warn you. The press is the one part of my life that…, they will say things and they will try their best to dig up information about you. I just-” Drew was cut off by Luke’s lips.

“I love you. That is all that matters. I don’t care what is published about me. You are everything I have to live for now. End of story.”

“Guys,” Jeff chimed.

“Yeah yeah, we know.” Drew and Luke said together as they turned to their lockers.

Before long, Luke and Drew found themselves at home lying on the bed together; for some reason the day seemed like it started extra early which, inspired a nap. Drew curled up next to Luke’s side and Luke pulled him closer.

“Did you set the alarm in time for us to wake up and make dinner?” asked Drew while yawning.

Luke mumbled a ‘yes’ before kissing the top of Drew’s head. In minutes, both boys had drifted off to a dreamless sleep. They awoke to Drew’s phone blaring Nickleback’s ‘Burn it to the ground”. Drew reached over and tossed the phone to the futon.

“Why did you do that?” mumbled Luke. “Now when it goes off again in five minutes one of us will have to get up and get it.”

“It will be you,” laughed Drew.

“Come on,” Luke said getting up. “I know you have to be hungry. I know you are dying to make that lasagna I love so much.”

Drew sighed and kissed Luke’s back. Luke leaned back across Drew and Drew just kissed his head.

“I’m so glad I met you,” Luke whispered.

“I’m glad you couldn’t make me give up…even though you do listen to that awful Miley Cyrus,” Drew laughed.

Luke giggled along too.

“You know I can’t be tamed,” he laughed.

“We’ll see about that,” Drew growled with a glint in his eyes before pulling Luke into a tangle of arms and legs.

Before either could make it out of their boxers, the doorbell rang. Both boys sighed and pulled on some sweats and t-shirts before they padded down the hall and made their way into the living room. Luke stood a few feet behind Drew as he answered the door.

Drew stood frozen in the doorway, as he looked at the tall black lady with the fancy business suit and short spiky hair. Beside her stood a tall balding man of six foot three who wore the official state police uniform. Luke came up behind Drew and placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“Can I help you?” Drew asked.

“We would like you to come with us.”

Drew pulled Luke close to his side and put an arm protectively around his shoulders.

“Where I go he goes,” Drew said as he eyed the two.

“Your mother said you would say that. Mr. McGowan is authorized to accompany us.”

“I want to see ID from the both of you,” Drew said.

Both smiled and retrieved their ID. Satisfied, Drew and Luke slipped on shoes before following the two to the patrol car that was parked in the drive. Jordan kept his hand securely in Drew’s as they were put in the back of the car.

“Where are we going?” Luke asked.

“To the hospital to see Mrs. Knight about a patient that has been placed in her care,” replied the lady in the same gentle voice.

“What does that have to do with us?” Drew asked harshly.

“I have been instructed to bring you to the hospital,” she replied.

Luke and Drew looked at each other and Drew watched as Luke mouthed David’s name. Drew instantly tensed and wondered what the trip actually entailed. He never relaxed and managed to tense even more when the pulled up to the main entrance of the hospital. They were let out and escorted into the elevator. Drew watched as the officer pushed the button to the third floor.

The elevator jerked into motion and Drew kissed Luke’s forehead. Luke gave him encouraging smile and took his hand. The elevator halted with a familiar ding and the doors opened. Drew looked out and everything looked absolutely normal. The officer and the lady led them out and past the station to one of the private rooms. The officer took his stance beside the door and the Lady stopped and faced Drew and Luke.

“My name is detective Natalie Gilbert, and I am would like to inform you that your brother, Jordan James Knight, was rescued this morning,” she smiled.

With that she opened the door to the room and Drew saw his brother lying in the hospital bed not ten feet from him. He squeezed Luke’s hand and pulled him through the door. Jane was standing beside Jordan with tears running down her face.

Alright please let a girl know what you think about the re-write. Vist the discussion thread if you have questions comments or concerns about the story. http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/27336-always/
Copyright © 2013 *HJ*; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh my! pls tell me Jordan's gonna be okay with this.. I mean, he did see the subtle actions of his brither and Luke.. and he should know that something was up.. so... :D waiting for the next one.. eagerly.. :) and hope it solves more mysteries abt Tyler..

Link to comment

Well, we got to Jordan at last. I'm sorry hun but I have to be honest and admit that his return was a bit of an anticlimax for me. You've been building up to it all the way through the story and it was a bit of a damp squib in the end... I was expecting a tense wait and bigger immediate build up. Anyway, that aside the story continues to completely catch my attendtion. I really like both drew and Luke and I hope that I am going to like Jordan too. I, too am interested in seeing how Jordan settles in.

Link to comment
On 01/27/2011 07:23 AM, Nephylim said:
Well, we got to Jordan at last. I'm sorry hun but I have to be honest and admit that his return was a bit of an anticlimax for me. You've been building up to it all the way through the story and it was a bit of a damp squib in the end... I was expecting a tense wait and bigger immediate build up. Anyway, that aside the story continues to completely catch my attendtion. I really like both drew and Luke and I hope that I am going to like Jordan too. I, too am interested in seeing how Jordan settles in.
I can see your point, but Jordan coming back was always meant to be a quick and not really climatic. At least that is how I always saw it in my head. Sorry, you were dissappointed. I'm happy you still like the story though.
Link to comment
On 01/27/2011 05:44 AM, Frostina said:
Oh my! pls tell me Jordan's gonna be okay with this.. I mean, he did see the subtle actions of his brither and Luke.. and he should know that something was up.. so... :D waiting for the next one.. eagerly.. :) and hope it solves more mysteries abt Tyler..
All I can say is Jordan is alot like Drew about protecting family.
Link to comment

Well, now we get to see Jordan's frame of mind, and his reaction to Luke and Drew. Still going strong girl. Thanks

Link to comment
On 08/11/2012 05:44 AM, joann414 said:
Well, now we get to see Jordan's frame of mind, and his reaction to Luke and Drew. Still going strong girl. Thanks
Haha, Jordan can be a little bit of a brat, but I think he is allowed to be. Just wait until you get further along. :D
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..