Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events, or incidents are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, and incidents belong to Hasbro <br>

Adventures in Dating - 11. Epilogue

I promised/threatened that there'd be an epilogue. Here it finally is. I needed something fun and fluffy to write, so here it is for everyone's horror and amusement!

Ten years later:

“Hey, where’d everyone go!? Why’s it so dark in here?”

A young boy’s voice is heard, as he enters his home and sees no one is there and all the lights are off. It’s pitch black, and for a moment he thinks about leaving and going back to school or his friend’s place. The boy is short, with dirty blond hair and a penchant for the colour green.

Another boy stops beside him. Quieter, and with self-assured confidence. His black hair matches the black workout clothes he enjoys wearing so much. He’s carrying a skateboard with him.

“Relax Hunter, I’m sure everything’s fine. You know how they are. Let’s go grab some food, I’m starved!”

The first boy grabs the hand of the other. He’s more of a thinker, more worried about analyzing why things were out of place.

“But Caleb, they’re never gone like this, and it’s never ever dark like this. We should at least think about calling them or looking to see what’s wrong.”

“Sure little bro. Right after we get some food.” Hunter replied, obviously nowhere near concerned about the circumstances around him.

Both boys cautiously walked from the doorway towards their family’s kitchen. When both were about to cross the threshold, all the lights came on and an explosion of noise surrounded the boys.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB AND HUNTER!”

The boys were in shock. Their two fathers, Riley and Chase, stepped out from the top of the stairs to their bedrooms, smiling at the surprise birthday celebration they were able to arrange for their twin sons. Surrounding both smiling fathers were their old Ranger team, and in the kitchen other family members were crowding around, eager to see the twins and help celebrate their ninth birthday.

The boys rushed up to hug their fathers and the rest of the family and friends that had shown up.

“Boys!” Chase called out to the twins. “Head out into the back yard and get the pool ready, your friends from school are going to be here shortly for the rest of your birthday party.”

The two boys ran out of the house and out to the yard, with the Rangers and family following close behind.

As the party continued on, the boys were entertained by their friends and the family members who had come to visit, giving Chase and Riley a rare opportunity to be alone with their past teammates.

“Hard to believe that ten years ago, we were all a bunch of teenagers. Look at what we’ve been through since then.” Tyler said, arms wrapped around Shelby and her growing bulge.

“Yeah, who would have thought that starting our families would be even more challenging than fighting off Sledge and Heckyl. At least then we knew exactly what we were supposed to do, even if we weren’t sure how to do it yet.” Shelby added, eyes twinkling with nostalgia.

Koda eyed the food hungrily. Some things hadn’t changed, though his command of the English language had. “So… food now?” He asked, knowing the answer already but determined to ask anyways.

Everyone laughed, it was good to be back together. Even Ivan had to laugh at how some things simply did not change, even if they had all become vastly different people than they were before.

Shelby and Tyler had ended up traveling across America, looking for Tyler’s father after their time as Rangers came to an end. Their adventures continued on, though they were never so far away that they couldn’t be reached. It came as absolutely no surprise when Tyler asked Shelby to marry him.

Miss Morgan continued on at the museum. Her list of research growing and her notoriety increasing with every paper she created. She was happy, knowing she couldn’t have done it without the first-hand accounts of both Koda and Ivan, who regularly helped clarify and explain things that science weren’t able to determine.

Koda and Ivan, of course, stayed in Amber Beach. While Ivan had been offered an opportunity to return home to Zandar, he knew the Zandar he had lived in was long gone. In truth, he thought of Amber Beach as his new home, and was happier to stay there where he found belonging after hundreds of years of being trapped within Fury.

Koda had nowhere to go and nowhere else to turn, but his knowledge of the ancient past he lived through convinced the museum directors to hire him as a research assistant to Miss Morgan. He was happy to stay with the friend who had helped him first learn to live in the modern era.

 

Riley and Chase moved to the outskirts of Amber Beach. They found time to travel and visit their families in New Zealand and Riley’s family ranch, and both become experts in their field. Chase ended up completing his degree and going on excavations for dinosaur fossils, and Riley became a highly sought after consultant. His quick mind and sharp analysis of problems made him sought after in the field.

Riley intertwined his fingers through Chase’s hand and thought back to all their adventures as Rangers, and later as lovers. When he first chased Rubik down and found the Green Energem, he had no idea how much his life would change. Even when he first morphed into a Power Ranger and took his turn saving humanity from certain destruction, he didn’t really contemplate how much things would change. He knew Ranger teams came and went, but what happened after wasn’t something the television cameras and media coverage noticed.

As he looked into the back yard of his home and his two children, he realized that his was the adventure he was supposed to have, and for once he didn’t analyze things, he just accepted that they were the way they were.

 

Forty yearslater:

 

Riley and Chase are sitting down in their living room. Their two boys have long since left to start families of their own, and the two men are happily retired, having more than enough to sustain them through their golden years.

Their connection to the rest of the Rangers wasn’t what it once was. Time, jobs and real life had separated them, and even with a new Rangers organization dedicated to maintaining links between the historical Rangers and their teams, there were some things that happened and couldn’t help bridge past divides.

The one thing that hadn’t changed was the love that Riley and Chase felt for each other. Riley looked at his husband, who was staring back at him with a funny expression on his face.

“Chase, what’s on your mind?” Riley asked.

Chase looked back, and for once the trademark confident smirk was replaced by something that almost looked like concern.

“Riley… Baby Raptor. Was the adventure worth it?”

Riley smiled, remembering those first words that led to them becoming nearly inseparable. That first step all those years ago inside the underground base of the Amber Beach museum.

“Yes Hotshot. Yes it was.”

The two smiled at each other, and slowly climbed the stairs to return to their room. They didn’t travel or do anything exciting, but their adventures together weren’t ever going to be over.

Copyright © 2022 Hasbro; All Rights Reserved; Original storyline owned by Hunter. This is a fictional story involving characters from the television series Power Rangers: Dino Charge. Riley, Chase and all other Power Rangers are the property of Saban and I do not own the rights to them in any way. I own nothing related to the Power Rangers franchise, and nothing written here should be used to imply or indicate the sexuality or sexual orientation of any of the characters that have been included in the story.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Stories in this Fandom are works of fan fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events, or incidents are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental. Recognized characters, events, and incidents belong to Hasbro <br>
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hi Hunter as I said couple of days ago, I read this one. I liked how you narrated it, wish there was some more romance and love detailed.
Well will be reading more of you

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/04/2016 05:33 AM, long1jo said:

Hi Hunter as I said couple of days ago, I read this one. I liked how you narrated it, wish there was some more romance and love detailed.

Well will be reading more of you

Hello Long1jo;

 

I had considered adding additional chapters to add some more gravity to the story, but I decided that with my Out on the Field series being much more serious in tone, I wanted this to be cuter and more lighthearted.

 

I'm glad the narration worked for you, it was a struggle to find a way to write the story in the way I wanted with my characters, while staying true to the story that's been presented by Saban on TV.

 

Best regards

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..