Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Extra Innings - 21. Chapter 20

Five weeks later, I woke to the sound of knocking at my door. As I walked over to the dorm door to see who was there, before they woke Vincente up, I thought about how the first month and a bit of classes had been so far.

 

Getting back into the swing of things for baseball and school was more difficult than I thought, even considering my busted up arm. Thankfully, I had been cleared by the Walla Walla hospital to start throwing again. I was ecstatic to be back on the field with the boys and was even more thrilled when Coach marked my return by giving me a fake cast to wear. I don’t know what the team said, but whatever it was helped change Coach’s mind and keep me on the team.

 

I had settled into my classes and was figuring out what to do with my Tuesdays and Thursdays. In hindsight, giving myself two whole days off each week was a bit of a mistake. It probably made sense for the commuting students, it cut back on their travel time per week. But I lived on campus, I had nowhere to go, and to be honest I had nothing to do. Going to the gym helped, but there was only so much time you could spend in the gym before it became counterproductive.

 

When I opened the door, I was surprised to see the two officers from before. Not the campus security, I was actually pretty happy that I hadn’t dealt with them again. These were the police that had interviewed me in the hospital. I stepped out into the hall, careful to close the door so as to not wake Vincente.

 

“Officers, what can I do for you? I assume you’re looking for me to tell me about the case?”

 

Sergeant Peters was the one to respond to me, so I turned towards her.

 

“Yes, we wanted to let you know that we had apprehended a pair of suspects in relation to your case. If you’re ready, we would like to take you down to the precinct to see if you can positively identify them. It wouldn’t take too long, and the sooner we can confirm we have the right people, the sooner we can bring your case to trial.”

 

I wasn’t sure what all of that meant, but since I didn’t have anything else to do today, I thought I should go so I could help catch these guys and put them away. I really hope they got the right guys though, I didn’t want to think about how I’d feel if these weren’t the people who attacked me.

 

“Okay. Let me get dressed and then I can come down. Can you give me a few minutes?”

 

Detective Stevens responded this time.

 

“Yes, we will be in the lobby, come find us when you’re ready. Or would you prefer to meet us at our squad car so it’s a little more discreet for you?”

 

“Thanks, I’ll meet you at your car if that’s okay. I should be able to find it easily enough.”

 

I grabbed some jeans and a collared t-shirt to wear today. I could always change when I got home if I wanted to go to the gym, but I wanted to look put together and like I cared about my appearance. I didn’t know what made me do it, I guess they were professionals so I wanted to look sort of professional as well. Once I was done changing I left a note for Vincente in case he woke up, and then headed downstairs to find the officers.

 

The officers weren’t exactly being subtle about where they parked their car, it was right in front of the residence, and it was technically in a no parking zone where people were supposed to do quick pick ups and drop offs. To be fair, they probably thought it was going to be a quick pick up,


This was the first time I’d sat in the back of a police vehicle, and I was surprised at how different it was. There weren’t any obvious locks or ways of opening back seat doors from the inside, and there was a thick plexiglass shield between the front and back sections. Probably to keep the criminals from hurting someone. Still, it was a bit disorienting. Hopefully I wouldn’t be getting into the back of police cruisers much past this case.

 

When we got to the station, the officers brought me to a room with a couple of older men wearing suits. They must have been the lawyers involved in the case. One of them reached over to me and pulled me closer to the window.

 

“When you’re ready, we’ll call the line up in and you tell us which two are the guys who attacked you. Take your time and make sure you answer honestly. Once you’re done, the officers will take you back to campus, okay?”

 

I nodded, and the officers pressed a button. One by one the men for the lineup walked into the room and turned to face the window. Each was holding up a card with a number on it. Then I saw him. The face and the tattoos, I knew without a doubt that it was him. But where was the taller man, the one who actually had the knife? I looked back at the officers and lawyers, silently asking if that was all of them.

 

“We’re bringing them in one group at a time, so that there’s less confusion.” The lawyer said. I never learned his name, and he didn’t offer it to me.

 

“There will be another batch after this, but these are all the ones for the line up matching the description of the tattooed person you gave us.”

 

I sighed. That made more sense. Now that I knew that, I could give the identification without having to wonder about whether they got both the right people.

 

“Number four. It’s definitely number four.”

 

Sergeant Peters hit a buzzer and told them that they were done, and they walked back in through the door they came from. I was escorted out of the room by Detective Stevens to go get a drink, and when I came back in the line up was being formed again. This time when I saw the person, I froze.

 

Memories came back and I couldn’t stop thinking about what he did and the moments of the attack. His face flashed through my mind. The way he looked when I hit him. The grin on his face when he brought down the knife. The scream I gave. The panic I felt, and the thought that I would be dead shortly after.

 

I felt hands on me, and I started to struggle. I couldn’t understand what was going on, but people were holding onto me and trying to restrain me. I fought back. Stronger hands grasped onto my arms, and a female voice called out to me.

 

“Mr. Williams! Calm down, stop struggling.”

 

There wasn’t a woman in the attack. That wasn’t real. The attack was real, but there wasn’t a woman. The attack was a memory, the past. The woman is the present. I focused on the sound of her voice.

 

I calmed down and stopped flailing and attacking anything I felt was too close.

 

Once I regained my senses, I had a look around me. I was in the room where I could see the police line up. A couple of people seemed to be nursing injuries… I hope I didn’t hit them too hard when I was lashing out. One of the attorneys, probably the defense attorney, responded quickest.

 

“I take it you saw your alleged attacker, young man?”

 

I didn’t respond to the needling of this man who’d obviously never gone through anything like what had happened to me.


“It’s number one. Can I go now? I don’t want to be here around him anymore. I can still see him.”

 

The two detectives urged me out of the room and into one of the interview rooms to help catch my breath and put myself back together. I couldn’t believe I’d lost control at the sight of the person who attacked me, but I didn’t want to go back to campus until I was sure I was back in control of my emotions. The two detectives were very kind, and let me wait until I was ready. I’m sure they had a lot of other cases they were working on, so I felt good that they were taking so much of their busy schedules to help me.

 

When I got home I saw that it was almost lunch, so I grabbed a bite to eat at the dining hall before heading back to my room. When I got back, I realized it was time to start getting ready for the fraternity event. Bryce mentioned that there was an event today to celebrate everyone who had survived the pledge process. Seeing as it was a Saturday, everyone knew it was going to go on well into the night, which is why I was a bit surprised that it was starting so early in the afternoon as well.

 

I walked to the closet and pulled out the suit that I had bought with Bryce just after Christmas. I couldn’t believe that I was finally getting a chance to wear it; it still looked exactly how it was when I first bought it, and I probably had to iron it or something like that. Too bad I didn’t have an ironing board or know how. I’d have to accept it the way it was and hope no one got upset about it.

 

If you had told me at the beginning of the school year that I would be on the Whitman College baseball team and in one of their fraternities, I would have laughed at you for suggesting I’d be able to do so much so early in my college career. Now that its happened, I’m not totally sure what to think except that I must be very lucky. Not lucky enough to avoid being attacked, but still pretty lucky so far this year.

 

I enjoyed the walk over to the fraternity. Part of me was worried about all the people who were watching me as I walked by, but I bet that was because they weren’t used to seeing people in full suits running around campus. I mean, the business kids had to wear suits every so often, but this was a Saturday so there weren’t any classes that would need people to be wearing their suits today. Not everyone was staring, but it was funny to see the looks on their faces when I walked by. It made me feel a lot better actually, knowing that I looked good enough for people to look at.

 

Knocking on the door didn’t produce any kind of response from inside the house. Or at least no response that involved opening the door. Lots of yelling and the sounds of things crashing in the house could be heard, and I think someone called out that someone else should answer the door. I tried again, knocking a bit louder this time. This time there was some definite yelling that someone should answer the door. Eventually, someone came and opened the door for me.

 

“Bryce! Your boytoy is here, come get him!” I heard from the other side of the door.

 

What a nice entrance.

 

I opened the door and it was Miles. He looked stressed out and was only halfway through putting his shirt on when he came to open the door for me. I could see that the rest of the brothers were as stressed about today’s event as I was. That didn’t make me feel better. Maybe this was their first time doing it as brothers instead of pledges, and I’d feel the same way next year. I knew it was getting me antsy to figure out what everyone had planned this year. I know us pledges had something planned and we were going to have to present our contribution to the fraternity’s history at some point in the evening, but beyond that I didn’t know what else would happen.

 

Bryce came down and I was surprised at how at home he felt within the fraternity. The only thing he was wearing was a pair of powder blue boxers. No one seemed to notice or care, so when he latched onto me with a hug I could feel him pressing into my leg. I blushed and pulled back from him.

 

“You should go get dressed, people are starting to show up. Not everyone is going to enjoy seeing you undressed as much as I will.” I said, trying to sound flirty.

 

“Hmmm, maybe you should get undressed instead, I know I’d like that a lot more. Though seeing you in that suit is a hell of a turn on.” Bryce whispered back.

 

I blushed and pulled on his arm, half-dragging him back towards the stairs and his room. He must have thought I meant something else, because he bounded ahead of me to open the door and let me in. Bryce seemed to be very eager to have me alone in his room all of a sudden.

 

I saw some clothes hanging on his chair and thought he was going to put on a bit of a show for me when he put it on, but instead he reached into the waistband of his boxers and started to push them down.

 

“Wait, wait, what are you doing?! There’s going to be people showing up, I thought we had an event tonight!” I cried out.

 

Bryce raised his eyebrows suggestively and gestured to the bed.

 

“We do have an event. Right here in this bed.”

 

I groaned. Loudly. Sometimes I wondered if there was anything other than sex going on in Bryce’s mind. This was one of those times. He obviously wanted to play, but there wasn’t nearly enough time and there were things to be done today. Important things, so he and Miles kept telling me earlier in the week.

 

“Bryce, you said that tonight was important. Why risk messing it up for both of us just to have a quicky? You know we can hold off.”

 

Bryce replied quickly.

 

“Not a moment more than needed. We’ll be back here later, don’t you worry,”

 

I left the room and closed the door behind me so Bryce could change. Heading back downstairs, I ran my hands through my hair. Bryce could be a sexual handful sometimes. I usually didn’t mind it and sometimes even initiated it, but there had to be a time and a place for those kinds of activities. It didn’t have to be every single time we saw each other, or to make special meetings just to hook up. I was sure that the relationship wasn’t entirely about sex, but it’d be nice if it looked that way sometimes too.

 

More of the pledges had arrived by the time I got back downstairs, and it looked like most of the pairings between the brothers and their younger charges had survived the past few months. That made me happy; a lot of the guys were people that I was really enjoying being around, and it was nice to know that they were going to stick around with us a little while longer. Everyone made sure to wear their formal clothes today, and even in a room full of suits it was interesting to see how everyone’s clothes matched their personalities. Everything from tie choices to how people were fixing their hair made it clear that it wasn’t just one group of guys wearing suits.

 

When Bryce came down, my heart stopped and my breath caught in my throat. He looked stunning. There was not a single person in the room who wouldn’t have noticed him.

 

How typical. Even when it’s formal day, Bryce has to find a way to stand out in the crowd.

 

Bryce chose to wear a totally white suit with a forest green vest that perfectly served to draw attention to his eyes. He matched it with a violet tie that I’m sure he wore simply for shock value, so deep and brilliant was the colour. The rest of the ensemble, by comparison, was dull and emotionless, almost flat. The black slacks at least made sense for the proceedings, but everything from the waist up seemed designed to make him the biggest thing in the room. Even though I looked good in the suit Bryce helped pick out for me, I knew that all eyes from everyone were going to be on him.

 

Most of the afternoon was spent meeting with everyone and congratulating each other. We were served an early buffet style dinner, which was complicated by the fact that there weren’t enough chairs or tables for everyone. A lot of the guys were eating standing up, or laying down around various parts of the house. After dinner, everyone was called down to the main living room area of the house. Robert was standing at a makeshift podium, surrounded by the senior brothers who hadn’t taken on a pledge to work with.

 

The rest of the pledges and I were directed to stand against the back wall, far away from everyone but still close enough that we could hear every word from the podium.

 

“Gentlemen, tonight marks a momentous occasion for the fraternity. Tonight we welcome the newest group of distinguished gentlemen into our ranks. The boys behind you are ready to become men of Phi Delta Theta. Let’s welcome them in. Gentlemen, meet the recruitment class of 2012 for Phi Delta Theta!”

 

I stood up with the rest of the new brothers and quickly joined the mass of young men embracing each other. Bryce found me right away and hugged me instead of shaking my hand like the other brothers were doing with each other. It was amazing to me that I was even here, but it really did seem like I was thriving on campus and finding who I was as a person. I had found a cool group of friends in the frat, even if I didn’t get along with everyone all of the time. This was so different from high school; I felt like I belonged.

 

Robert took to the stage after the former pledges were congratulated by their older brothers.

 

“Will the pledge class of 2012 announce their contribute to the legacy of the house.”

 

A shorter boy I hadn’t seen very often stepped forward. I guess that meant he was going to be our representative for this. Or perhaps he was taking charge.

 

“On behalf of the pledge class of 2012, we present to the fraternity the first written history of this chapter, its members, and their personal achievements. We hope this history inspires all those who join Phi Delta Theta to excel in their own lives.”

 

A bound leather copy was presented to Robert for safe-keeping, and a digital version was shown on someone’s phone. I thought it was pretty cool, as we got older we would be able to contribute to our own pages. It sounded almost like a miniature Wikipedia, but only for the fraternity and its members.

 

As the party wound on, it seemed like it was going to be a long dinner and mingling event. It was a lot like the first days of rushing the frat way back in September. I was starting to become tired, I didn’t want to be around the big group of people for much longer. No one noticed when I started retreating to quieter rooms and upstairs to get some air.

 

I was standing at the landing of the stairs on the second floor when I heard someone creaking up the stairs behind me. I saw Bryce before he saw me, and he looked like he was having the time of his life. His expression changed when he saw me, he looked more concerned and reached out to place his hand on my shoulder.

 

“Devin, you okay?”

 

“Yeah Bryce. I’m fine. I needed to get some air, that’s all. Too many people downstairs and it’s a bit much for me.”

 

Bryce grabbed my hand.

 

“Come on, let’s go back to my room. We both need something to help us relax.”

 

Bryce wanted to hook up again. I could tell from the sound of his voice, and this time I didn’t find myself too concerned about it. We’d had a good night down there, and I’d done the socializing I wanted. He was right that I wanted to spend some time with him. Maybe if I worked at it we could cuddle or talk instead of getting our sex on, but I was pretty sure that someone was going to get fucked tonight.

 

When we got back to his room, he locked the door behind him and wrapped his arms around me. I was surprised. Normally when he’s in the mood, he ravages me. Tonight he seemed softer, more sensual in his actions. I returned the hug and pressed my head into his chest, and I felt him stroking my hair. This was nice, maybe it wasn’t time to hook up. That’d be a nice change.

 

Bryce pulled back and reached his hand into my suit jacket, sliding it up and over my shoulders. I let him take it off and watched him take his own jacket off. He put both of them over the chair and beckoned me over to the bed with a single gesture.

 

We both sat down and I reached over to him, pulling him close to me. The feel of his lips against mine was a soothing balm from the excitement of the day. I hadn’t realized how much I was stressed out by my interactions with the police this morning, but feeling him was helping to calm me down. I savoured the taste of him and moaned as he opened his mouth slightly, letting my tongue claim entry into his mouth.

 

Bryce leaned back onto the bed, his hand grabbing onto the front of my shirt and pulling me on top of him. I straddled him and leaned down, pressing down and causing him to groan at the pressure. I felt him thrust up into my clothes butt and knew he had to be getting hard. His hands grabbed me by both cheeks. His tongue plunged into my mouth, stabbing upwards and reaching as much of me as he could taste.

 

I felt him. Before I could react, I was rolling onto my back and being pinned down by Bryce. This was the Bryce I expected, and the hungry look in his eyes told me that we were going get down to business too. Something about him looked absolutely feral as he started unbuttoning my shirt and exposing more of my slimly defined chest to the cool air. He licked his lips. Honestly licked his lips, as my nipples came into his view. Once the last buttons were undone, he spread my shirt wide and exposed the entirety of my chest to the night air.

 

I reached out and pulled Bryce’s shirt out from his pants, and I reached my hands under to feel the taut skin beneath his shirt. His shirt was tight, and I could feel the fabric straining against my hands as I climbed higher up his chest. Feeling it at its breaking point, I withdrew my hands and let him take his shirt off.

 

I pulled him down, forcing him to shift all his weight down on me. The initial burst of extra weight on me pushed the breath out of me, but I wrapped my arms around him, not wanting him to move or get up yet. His weight felt good pressed down on me, I could feel my own bulge growing without being touched.

 

When Bryce did get up, it was only so he could more effectively start manhandling me. His hands grasped mine and reached them over my head, so that my hands were hanging off the side of the bed. Bryce planted kisses all along my jawline and neck, moving lower and lower. As he slid down lower, his grip on my hands weakened, but I couldn’t do anything to stop him. Bryce’s tongue swiped over my nipples, and I lost all sense of the world. I everything was hyper-stimulated as he switched between my nipples; sucking and biting one while pinching the other.

 

I was writhing on the bed, thrashing around under the continued assault of Bryce’s skilled mouth and hands. I wanted desperately to get away, but the intense feelings of pleasure were leaving me without any control of my body. Finally, Bryce stopped.

 

Standing up, he pulled his pants and briefs off, leaving him naked before me. I was still laying on the bed, but he helped peel my clothes off until we were both naked. Then he straddled me, leaving his growing cock precariously close to my mouth.

 

The head of his uncut cock shyly appeared from under his foreskin. So unlike my own, I still enjoyed the new sensations of playing with a cock that was so foreign to mine. I lifted my head up, propping it up with my arms, and accepted him into my mouth. The moan I was rewarded with may have come from Bryce, or it may have come from deep within myself. I wasn’t sure; my mind was focused on sucking Bryce and feeling him move further and deeper into my mouth.

 

Bryce started thrusting into my mouth, pushing further and causing me to gag. I know what he wanted, but from this angle it wouldn’t work, and I tried to push him away. I couldn’t get a grasp on him without putting too much pressure on my neck, so I had to ride out what he was doing until he took a breather and I could find a new position to try and play with him.

 

Bryce leaned back onto my cock, causing a surge of friction and pleasure to run through me. As he wiped the sweat from his face, he laid down on his back, cock sticking up straight in the air. I thought he wanted me to ride him, so I walked over and positioned my ass over him.

 

“No, turn around. Let me suck you off too.” He said.

 

I understood what he meant now, and I was surprised by the change in control. Laying over top of him with my cock poking at his face, I had much more control over my own ability to suck Bryce off. His cock fit much better and I was able to go further down his seven inches of velvet hardness.

 

I slid along the length of his cock, feeling how it filled my mouth. I was determined to take the whole thing, and pushed down harder with my mouth. I felt something give in the back of my throat, and I was suddenly face to face with his pubes scratching across my face. I gagged more in surprise than anything else, and I pushed off his cock entirely, coughing as I tried to regain my breath.

 

I tried again, going slower this time. I felt a warmth around my cock and moaned around Bryce’s cock as he started sucking me as well. This time when I deepthroated him, I knew what was going to happen and was able to stay down on Bryce for longer. I started learning how to breathe through my nose, and I stopped having to struggle as much.

 

I took a moment to pull off and savour what was happening. The feel of Bryce’s mouth on my cock never got old, especially in these rare times where I felt like I was more in control. I felt him pull down on me, pulling me lower and then stars exploded.

 

I moaned loudly as something wet and soft touched me. I knew what it was like being fucked, but this was a completely new experience. I kept moaning and forgot to do anything for Bryce, I couldn’t do anything other than concentrate on the sensations coming from my butt and what Bryce was doing to me. Bryce put his hand around my mouth to stop me from moaning so loudly.

 

“Shhhh, the whole house is gonna hear you. I’m sure they’ve figured it out by now, but no need to give them a reason to barge on in.”

 

I tried to quiet up, but it was hard with all the things Bryce was doing to me. I tried to focus on getting him off and doing a better job of sucking him, but it was still hard to concentrate.

 

I pulled myself off of Bryce and laid down next to him. We were both coated in sweat and spit, and I was feeling my orgasm building. I turned towards him and kissed him while grasping his member. Bryce turned towards me and did the same, and we stroked each other.

 

My chest felt wet, and moments later I could feel my own orgasm. I shot off hard, spraying both of us with my load. We both lay there for a minute, catching our breath and looking at each other.

 

“Shower time babe?” Bryce asked.

 

Babe? Where did babe come from?

 

“Yeah. Definitely. Think anyone heard us or will see us on the way to the showers?”

 

Bryce laughed.

 

“I think they’ll have the good sense not to ask. Let’s go, I’ll let you borrow a towel.”

 

I wrapped the offered towel around my waist, even though that would get it covered in cum. The hallway between Bryce’s room and the showers was suspiciously empty, but that was something I could think about tomorrow. Right now I just wanted to get clean.

 

I could get used to this.

Copyright © 2016 Hunter Thomson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sucks that Devin had that freak out in the police station. Boy really, really needs to get into counselling. He's not dealing. The rest of the day was nice, though. The back and forth feelings about Bryce's overpowering sexuality is an interesting thread that we'll be watching going forward. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/31/2016 03:29 PM, Lux Apollo said:

Sucks that Devin had that freak out in the police station. Boy really, really needs to get into counselling. He's not dealing. The rest of the day was nice, though. The back and forth feelings about Bryce's overpowering sexuality is an interesting thread that we'll be watching going forward. :)

Luxy!

 

Devin needs help. He's obviously facing some kind of PTSD. It's not going to get better until he starts seeing someone who can help him. Bryce can't save him. Vincente can't save him, and a positive outcome with the police won't save him either.

 

Devin needs a therapist. It's simply a matter of him realizing it. Who knows when that will be, though.

Link to comment

Nice chapter Hunter. I'm glad the police caught the two guys, now comes the trial, and Devyn will have a hard time with that, I'm sure, judging from his reaction to the guy who wielded the knife.
Nice scene at the frat house, and Bryce being much more considerate than he has been before. Slow and steady will work best for Devyn right now, rather than a more forceful approach like Sean had used.
Sent a note, no worries!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/01/2016 09:10 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Nice chapter Hunter. I'm glad the police caught the two guys, now comes the trial, and Devyn will have a hard time with that, I'm sure, judging from his reaction to the guy who wielded the knife.

Nice scene at the frat house, and Bryce being much more considerate than he has been before. Slow and steady will work best for Devyn right now, rather than a more forceful approach like Sean had used.

Sent a note, no worries!

I've read your note, I think I got them all.

 

We both know from our lines of work that an arrest doesn't always mean a happy ending in trial. Is Devin ready for a trial and being put on the stand in an adversarial process? Maybe, maybe not. Are victims of violent crimes ever ready to face their attackers in court? Ready or not, they often have no choice but to face off against those that have done them wrong.

 

The fraternity scene was one I really enjoyed writing. Its clear in the intervening weeks I didn't write about, things started becoming more sexual between the boys, and I enjoyed getting Devin's take on how Bryce is as a lover. They seem to be finding a rhythm that works for each other, even if it's a bit unusual. Bryce is definitely not the same as Sean, even if they do share some similar traits.

Link to comment

The attack had more of an effect than Devin thought. With only his father as a guardian, and him living so far away, Devin didn't get the therapy such an attack probably needed. I wonder if he'll get any now? Since only the cops and DAs saw his reaction, probably not.

 

I hope he tells someone about it though. They might be able to suggest the idea. Bryce or, more likely, Vincente.

 

Other that that (and it's a big 'that'), his baseball and fraternity seem to be getting Devin a good support team assembled.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/02/2016 09:47 AM, skinnydragon said:

The attack had more of an effect than Devin thought. With only his father as a guardian, and him living so far away, Devin didn't get the therapy such an attack probably needed. I wonder if he'll get any now? Since only the cops and DAs saw his reaction, probably not.

 

I hope he tells someone about it though. They might be able to suggest the idea. Bryce or, more likely, Vincente.

 

Other that that (and it's a big 'that'), his baseball and fraternity seem to be getting Devin a good support team assembled.

I know most colleges and universities have some sort of counseling program available to students, and that the counseling isn't solely devoted to academic issues. It's certainly possible that Devin could get some support from a proper therapist while he's on campus, but that would first require him to figure out that he needs some therapy. Even then... there's still a lot of stigma around mental health, particularly for younger males. It might take a lot to get Devin to realize that he actually does need to get some help from someone other than his own waking nightmares.

 

If he were to tell anyone, he might tell Vincente, because Vincente already knows. But it's hard to say... end of term is rolling in soon, Devin might have other things on his mind.

 

*Athlete Hunter speaking* Baseball is always a good support network! I came out to my high school team eons ago and nothing went wrong. Right up until I got handsy and flirty with my rival. Then all hell broke loose. But yes, sports teams certainly are tight-knit groups, and they take care of each other.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..