Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Extra Innings - 25. Chapter 24

Lots of baseball in this chapter.

The bus showed up early on Friday. We weren’t like most of the other schools; we didn’t have the money to fly to most of our games.

 

I mean, the school had money, but not for us. What was the old saying? “To the victors go the funding”? We weren’t a winning team. We didn’t bring home trophies or pennants for the school, so we didn’t get the same level of funding as some of the other teams in the school, like the men’s basketball team. All that meant was that we didn’t get flights for most of our away games. We could still get to games, but we didn’t travel in style.

 

So here we were, leaving on a Friday afternoon because we couldn’t afford a flight. We were leaving on the Friday so that we could get a good night’s rest before the first of our doubleheaders of our weekend. Classes had finished for the day, so I didn’t have to worry about missing a lecture or anything. I briefly considered bringing some homework with me, but Bryce made it clear that there wouldn’t be any time for that, and it wouldn’t be worthwhile, especially if I ended up accidentally forgetting something in the hotel.

 

The only things I had brought with me were my baseball gear and a duffel bag full of the stuff I would need to survive the next two days in a hotel. I had the duffel bag and my baseball bag slung over my shoulders, and I waited outside the stadium with the rest of the team.

 

Here we go. First college road trip with my team, and my boyfriend too.

 

I was glad that Bryce brought everyone together for a social night at the frat Wednesday night. It’d been a good opportunity to clear the air and give everyone a chance to understand what had really happened. I don’t think anyone truly realized how bad the situation had become, and now that they knew, everyone was treating me different. Not necessarily badly, but differently. I wasn’t sure what to think about everyone right now, the way their faces changed when they saw I was watching them, or the way that I sometimes thought conversations stopped when I got too close. It was probably nothing, but it was still a bit unnerving.

 

I stood and chatted with the other pitchers, who were starting to relax now that everyone realized I wasn’t only in it for myself. Luke especially seemed to have eased up with me, and it was nice to have another team veteran watching over me. Everyone else had packed light for the trip; it looked like I packed twice as much stuff as everyone else, and they all seemed to be looking at my bulging duffel bag like there was something weird about it. Maybe next time I’d pack lighter and not look so out of place with everyone.

 

The bus finally arrived and we packed everything into the belly of the bus, and then climbed aboard for the long trip to Portland. The trip should take about four hours, but then that was only if we didn’t hit traffic or an accident or something. Either way, we should make it to Portland in time to have a late dinner, and then get ourselves checked into the hotel room before bed. It was going to be a long couple of days, but I couldn’t wait to go get started.

 

I sat with Bryce and we passed the first hour of the trip talking about what the games were likely to be like, and Bryce talked a bit about some of the past road trips that the team had gone on. Apparently this was like high school; all sorts of things happened that I’m sure the coaches wanted nothing to do with and didn’t want to hear about.

 

After that, I must have dozed off to sleep, because the next thing I remember was arriving at our hotel, and that my head was resting against the window of the bus. Bryce gently shook me awake and let me adjust to being awake again. Once the bus stopped everyone started filing out. I was with Bryce and we got our bags.

 

I was tired after the trip so I grabbed my stuff and headed to the room I’d been assigned with Miles. I let him know I’d be heading to sleep early, and that he shouldn’t worry too much about waking me whenever he got back in after dinner tonight. I assumed most of the guys were going to go party or grab something to eat, but I wasn’t really feeling it, and I was sure that once we finished our late dinner, I’d be going to sleep right away.

 

Dinner was noisy, everyone was eager to have our last road trip of the season, otherwise known as my only road trip of the season. At least I got some playing time, which was better than nothing I suppose. At least I’d have some good memories of this part of the season, and with four games I’d see at least a little bit of action this weekend. It’d be a nice way to end my season with a bit of play time and a good performance, whenever I got a chance to hit the hill.

 

Once we got back to the hotel, I fell asleep right after changing and curling up under the covers of the single bed in the room.

 

When I woke the next day, Miles had already gotten dressed and was ready for the game. I hadn’t realized that I’d overslept, so I took a quick shower and ate before it was time for the game. Thankfully, there was lots of hot water and Miles was kind enough to have some breakfast made for me once I got out of the shower. Once I was ready, I dressed and brought all my stuff with me out to the hotel lobby where we were going to meet the rest of the team. We would be driving to the stadium in the bus, and it would pick us up after the games so that we could head to our next games in Spokane.

 

I didn’t get a chance to play in the first game, but in the sixth inning there was a big scare that had me extra worried about Bryce for once. He was catching the first game and there was a play at home. The Lewis and Clark player was trying to score off a short sacrifice fly to right field, and he charged for home as soon as the ball was caught. Bryce caught the ball and was ready for the play at home, but the player didn’t slide, be just charged right at Bryce and bowled him over!

 

When Bryce didn’t get up right away, I jumped up and almost started running across the field to see if he was alright. Unfortunately for me, I was stuck inside the bullpen and there wasn’t any way for me to get out, at least not like at home where I could just run without stopping. Here there was a big door and everything, and someone would have stopped me.

 

The runner was ruled out because of our league’s rules to slide or avoid the defensive player when there’s a tag at a base. It’s not how things are in the major leagues, but it’s meant to protect us, since no one really wants to end up being injured by a fellow college athlete. Still, Bryce was flat on his back for a long time, and it was scary to see how badly he’d been hurt by the guy’s charge.

 

Bryce got pulled from the game, but he wasn’t sent to the bullpen to wait with the rest of us. Instead, the trainers took him back into the locker rooms to check up on him and Miles was sent in to play the rest of the game. I still wished I could go back into the locker room to check on Bryce, but I had to stay out here in case I was needed later in the game.

 

As soon as the game was over, I rushed back into the locker room to check on Bryce and see if he was okay. He was walking around the locker room, pacing around, which was a good thing I guess. He wasn’t too seriously hurt, that was the important thing. As soon as I saw him, I wrapped my arms around him and flinched when he winced at my touch.

 

“Bryce! Are you okay? That looked like an awful crash.”

 

“I’m alright, winded though. Coach wanted me checked out to make sure it’s nothing serious. I’ll be joining you guys in the bullpen this afternoon. We’ve got two more games tomorrow and Coach is going to want me rested for them.”

 

I was surprised at how easily Bryce was taking it that he wasn’t going to play anymore today, and even tomorrow wasn’t a guarantee. It helped put my own behaviour from last week into perspective, but then Bryce was a catcher… there was only him and Miles, while I had a whole pitching staff to compete with, so he’d naturally get more playing time.

 

The rest of the team filed in and Coach gave his customary speech about how the game went. We were getting used to the one where he talks about how we’re disappointing him by not playing up to our potential. We got it, we were losing and it was driving him mad. It’s not like we all enjoyed getting our asses kicked on a regular basis.

 

Once he finished talking, the rest of the team staff brought in some food for us to eat. We had about half an hour before our next game, and the starters still needed to get ready before they headed out. I could take a bit more time, since I was heading to the bullpen and didn’t have to be on the field right away.

 

It was nice to sit and talk with Bryce during the game, analyzing what was happening and how we both would have played different situations. I got called up to start warming up partway through the fifth inning, and Bryce was helping to warm me up.

 

I was surprised when I was told to start the sixth inning, and wasn’t sure why I was being put into a situation like this. I mean, I’d started innings before, but it seemed odd that I’d be put in relatively early in the game. Not that I cared, it gave me some more playing time.

 

I stood on the mound, facing Miles and waiting for the signs. This was going to be the first time I’d pitched with Miles catching for me, and I didn’t know him as well as I knew Bryce. I was putting a lot of trust in him that he knew what he was doing and would call my pitches properly.

 

I didn’t even know where we were in the Lewis and Clark batting order. This was something I should have been paying attention to, but I was distracted from talking to Bryce. This is what Luke was talking about before, where I lost my focus and was doing things that would end up hurting me. I figured that Miles knew, but that wasn’t fair and I should know better. I shook myself off and took the sign, then began my windup.

 

The first pitch was wide, and when it was thrown back to me I shook my head and tried to clear my focus. Once I was back on the hill, I got my new signs and took a deep breath. This time I stared down the batter for a moment. He was tall, but there wasn’t a lot of arm to him. That means I should stay pitching to the outside because he won’t be able to reach.

 

I saw Miles setting up on the outside corner, and I was glad we were on the same page. Another fastball to get me back in control of the situation. This time I caught the corner and got a called strike from the umpire. My confidence was starting to come back to me, and I was looking forward to the next pitch. I didn’t change my routine once I got the signals from Miles.

 

This time he wanted something inside. I wasn’t sure how I felt about that, but he set up and I prepared to throw. I threw and it was on the inside half of the plate, but I left the fastball up higher in the zone. I winced at the sound of the bat crackling and contacting the ball, and I turned to see where it was going.

 

I didn’t have to look very hard. I turned my head up and out towards the outfield fence, and traced the path of the ball as it cleared the wall with ease. Three pitches and I gave up the long ball.

 

I was growing frustrated and paced around the mound while the batter took his lap around the bases. I turned my head down so I didn’t have to watch, so I was surprised when I got to the mound and Miles was already there.

 

“Congratulations buddy, you gave up your first home run.” Miles said with a smile. “Now you don’t have to worry about it, the pressure is off now. You can only give up one first home run of your career, and now it’s over.”

 

Miles gave me a pat on the back and jogged back behind the plate. I tried to put the pitch out of my mind, but I knew everything on that one was my fault. Bad pitch placement, bad delivery and bad result.

 

At least it was a new batter. I took a breath and took my signs, and threw a slider to start the batter. Lewis and Clark were starting to get used to my fastball, and Miles was right that I had to start mixing it up if I wanted to give myself the edge again. My slider missed low, but it was giving them something new to think about.

 

We were only trailing 5-2 at this point, but I felt responsible for it because of the home run. I got a couple of strikes in and were at a count of one ball, two strikes. I knew Bryce liked using my splitter as a strikeout pitch, but I was interested in seeing what Miles would call for me. I was surprised when he called for a splitter as well, and set up right down the middle of the plate.

 

This was risky, if I threw it down the middle, we both had to hope that it dropped enough that the batter missed it entirely, or else it was going to be a long trip for the ball, and would probably mean I gave up my second home run in as many batters. I threw low and relaxed when it dropped into the dirt for a swinging strike. It was a dropped third strike though, so Miles had to throw it to first base to record the out. No problems there, and now I was starting to ease into pitching.

 

We got out of the inning with no more damage, and Coach Finnegan told me to stay loose, I’d be going out to start the next inning. I was thrilled to hear that I was being given another chance, and I realized that I’d possibly be batting this inning as well.

 

We were getting deep into the order, and there was only one out with men on the corners when I realized I was on deck. I grabbed a helmet, my batting glove and a maple bat from the side of the fence and started taking a few practice swings in the on deck circle. With only one out, I’d be guaranteed a chance to bat, unless there was a double play.

 

I didn’t have to worry about that, the next pitch to Miles was a wild pitch and we were able to steal second base in the confusion. Miles smiled and was looking forward to this, he didn’t have the pressure of a double play on his mind either. I was watching the pitcher to see how he threw. His motion was incredibly efficient, and I realized I’d almost have to start my swing before he let go of the ball.

 

The next pitch to Miles was popped up to the third baseman, so I was sent up to bat. Two out, two men in scoring position and my very first college at-bat. I took the signs from our third base coach and took a deep breath while setting myself up in the box. Ideally, I’d want to hit something onto the right side of the field; a line drive to the right fielder should score them both and put us back into the game.

 

I watched the pitcher set up and choked slightly on the bat, making it a bit shorter and just that little bit lighter. Bat speed was going to be key here, and giving myself less to swing would hopefully make the difference between contact and a swinging strike.

 

I let the first pitch pass me by so I could get a measure of what his pitching looked like from the box. It was low, at the knees for a called strike. I knew it was the right decision, but now I was digging into a hole and had to work.

 

The next pitch looked close, so I stepped, pivoted and swung the bat. I was just a hair late and fouled the ball off into the stands behind us.

 

Two strikes, bad count for me and I could pretty reliably guess that I was going to be thrown some junk. I was right, and the ball was well outside and it was now one ball, two strikes. I watched the pitcher and saw the pitch coming.

 

I swung hard and connected, a short fly ball that landed between the defenders. I reached first and saw the play at home; Lewis and Clark was trying to save the run, but they weren’t able to get the ball to home plate in time.

 

With one swing of the bat, I’d managed to score two runs and get us back to a 5-4 game. Now my homerun felt worse, as we would have been tied if I hadn’t screwed up last inning. Unfortunately, I didn’t go further than that because of a first pitch popup.

 

My second inning on the mound was a lot more comfortable and relaxed, and once I was out of it Coach said that was it, and to go get my cooldown run and stretch done. I wasn’t surprised, but a little disappointed that my game was done.

 

We lost, but it was a closer game and Coach decided not to say too much to us. Instead he told us to hurry up with our changing, the bus was waiting for the long trip back to Spokane.

 

I was happy that tonight the rooming arrangements ended up with Bryce and I sharing a room. When we got in, we changed out of our clothes and cuddled up in the bed. I could feel him stiffening behind me, and even though we were both sweaty and tired, I knew what he wanted and was more than ready to give it to him.

 

“Lay down on your back Bryce.”

 

He did as I asked and I kissed my way down his torso, reaching down and stroking his hard member. When I reached his legs, I could see bruises from where he was tackled in the first game. I made sure to be gentle as I kissed around them, massaging them carefully to try and reduce the swelling. Bryce groaned, and I stopped because I was afraid that I was hurting him.

 

Instead, I kissed back up towards the point where his legs met, and I started kissing and licking along his balls. Bryce’s moans changed their tenor and I could tell he was enjoying it, so I continued doing so while my hands reached up and squeezed the strong muscles in his chest.

 

When I reached Bryce’s leaking tip, I pulled back the hood and licked the head, savouring the taste of Bryce on my lips. I slid my mouth down along his length, making sure to go slow and take my time. I wanted this to last, and to see what else might happen if I didn’t provoke an early end to our fun.

 

I crawled back on top of Bryce, making sure not to press too much of my weight onto him. I lowered my head and kissed him, enjoying the feel of his lips against mine and the soft wetness of his tongue swiping across my lips.

 

Bryce rolled over, and now he was on top of me, repeating the kisses and crawling down my body that I’d done to him. I scissored my legs out and trapped him between my legs so that his hard cock was pressed against my ass.

 

Bryce thrust gently against me, sliding along the cleft of my ass and eliciting groans from both of us.

 

“Bryce, lube. Now. Let’s do it.”

 

Bryce reached into his overnight bag and grabbed a condom and some lube. After ripping open the packaging, he rolled the condom on and let me stroke him through the latex material while he opened up the lube. Once he was slathered up, he set to work on me. I was never going to get used to the cold sensation of the lube, but I felt Bryce opening me up with his fingers.

 

When his fingers withdrew, I knew what would happen next and took a deep breath. I tried to relax the rest of my body by exhaling slowly as he entered me. I felt him push in and gasped at the sudden entry, which was quickly silenced when Bryce pressed his lips back down on me and bit down on my lower lip.

 

Bryce slid into me and rocked his body as I tried to ride out the initial waves of pain. When I could feel the scratching of Bryce’s hairs on my backside, I fully exhaled and knew the worst of it was over. Bryce held himself there while he stroked my hair and planted kisses along the sides of my neck.

 

“Ready babe?”

 

I nodded, not trusting my voice. He pulled back slightly and then edged his way forward. Each motion made my breath catch in my throat, and I couldn’t do anything more than groan at the intrusion.

 

Bryce pressed his hands on my shoulders, pinning me down to the bed as he increased speed and the intensity of his thrusts. I tried to reach up and get him to slow down, but when I reached up Bryce grabbed my wrists with his hands and pushed them back up above my head.

 

“Slower, slower!” I gasped out.

 

“Bryce slowed down a bit, but he kept my hands above my head and leaned down to plant kisses and bites along my collarbone. Bryce sometimes got a bit rougher like this, but it wasn’t something I was totally used to yet. Not that he minded when I repaid the favour, so I suppose it was all alright.

 

I could feel Bryce speeding up again, and I knew it was because he was getting close. I grit my teeth through it, and suddenly he pulled out and pulled the condom off. I gasped at the sudden exit and looked up at him.

 

I looked up just in time for him to start unloading all over me. I pulled on my own cock and tried to catch up, but by the time he was finished I wasn’t ready for my own orgasm yet.

 

I continued to work on myself as Bryce came down from his post-orgasm high. He laid down next to me and gently played with my body, urging me to come. I felt a finger pressing on my perineum, pushing up against my prostate from outside my body. The extra pressure was what finally set me off, and I added my own offering to what was already spilled over my chest.

 

After a few moments to catch my breath, I walked over to the washroom to grab towels for myself and Bryce.

 

On second thought, maybe this is a better idea.

 

I called out to Bryce; “Come on you, its shower time. We both stink and haven’t showered at all today. I think we need to fix that.”

 

I couldn’t see the smile on his face, but the speed in which he reached the washroom told me this was exactly what he had in mind as well. Bryce turned on the shower and fiddled with the temperature before inviting me in.

 

Not a bad way to end my day. Definitely one of my better ideas.

Ohhhhhh, this makes me sad. Only one chapter left... and I hate writing about giving up home runs! >.<
Copyright © 2016 Hunter Thomson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm glad to see that Devyn got some playing time, even if the team lost. I felt sorry for him giving up a home run, but liked the way Miles tried to ease his mind about it.
Only one more chapter? That's gonna suck--I'd like to see how college works out for the two, and the team.
Great job, Hunter!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I liked this chapter. It really feels like Devin is starting to settle into his life as it is now. The ending was sweet, even if the sex had a bit of a mixed feel to it. Cheers!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Good job of easing Devin back into the team with this chapter, Hunter!

 

It was also good to see Miles helping him along.
Only one more chapter? I hope you plan to tell us the outcome of the trial. :o

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/28/2016 01:35 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

I'm glad to see that Devyn got some playing time, even if the team lost. I felt sorry for him giving up a home run, but liked the way Miles tried to ease his mind about it.

Only one more chapter? That's gonna suck--I'd like to see how college works out for the two, and the team.

Great job, Hunter!

Playing time is always good, even when the outcome is bad. It's the only way to improve as a player, and facing difficult situations as a player can help build character. That scene was hard to write. It reminded me of home runs I've given up in the past, and I absolutely hated the helpless feeling as you watch it take a long trip. I hate it almost as much as I hate my teammates' anger about it.

 

Yes, one more chapter to close out the school year. We'll have to see what happens, since I won't be writing about summer vacation. DON'T WORRY! I have no intention of letting this little series come to a premature end. I'll be writing about Devin's final three years in college, but in order to do that, I have to end this year.

 

Thanks for the review ColumbusGuy.

Link to comment
On 08/28/2016 02:56 PM, Lux Apollo said:

I liked this chapter. It really feels like Devin is starting to settle into his life as it is now. The ending was sweet, even if the sex had a bit of a mixed feel to it. Cheers!

Devin does seem to be getting into his rhythm. It took awhile and had a few shake-ups along the way, but he's finally getting everything under control. Too bad about the lack of playing time this season though. Maybe next year he'll be on the hill a bit more.

 

The sex was a bit aggressive, but I can see where that would come from too. Both of them are high on testosterone from two games and being around dozens of their fellow athletes, it sorta makes sense that they'd vent some energy a bit, even if it did catch Devin off guard a bit to start. At least it didn't get too rough.

 

I'm glad you liked the ending, thanks for the review Luxy :)

Link to comment
On 08/28/2016 03:00 PM, skinnydragon said:

Good job of easing Devin back into the team with this chapter, Hunter!

 

It was also good to see Miles helping him along.

Only one more chapter? I hope you plan to tell us the outcome of the trial. :o

At the end of the day, they're all teammates. They may fight, and even hate each other at times, but the best part about being on a team is that everyone always has each other's back at the end of the day.

 

Miles is a team veteran. He's seen it before and knows how to get his teammates back under control.

 

Yes, I'll have some closure to the trial. Devin's been busy, and it takes a bit of time to get a judge through everything, but I promise everyone will get a resolution!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..