Jump to content
    IAMAWRITING
  • Author
  • 5,473 Words
  • 1,698 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Camping Can Be Fun - 9. Chapter 9

span style="font-size:1.3em;line-height:1.3em;">Here is chapter 9. please keep your reviews coming, they still remain my favourite part of writing. I love hearing what you think. Also if you can give the story a rating. Thanks.
As always, my appreciation goes out to Coastguard for all her hard work.

Chapter 9

Cold, wet, exhausted and with Steven feeling thoroughly stupid, miserable and embarrassed, we made our way back across the river to our cars. Steven held on to both of us tightly as we dragged ourselves through the water, possibly through fear or tiredness. When we got back to the cars Steven tried to get into the driving seat of his car.

“Where the fuck do you think you’re going?” Adam asked incredulously.

“Back to the campsite,” he replied.

“I don’t think so, mate. You’re getting in the back with us.”

“What about my car?”

“We’ll get it in the morning.”

He didn’t argue, in fact he looked relieved as he locked his car and walked over with us to Adam’s. Adam opened the back passenger door and Steven climbed in, sat back in his seat and closed his eyes. It was hard to tell, but I would have hazarded a guess that he fell asleep straight away. Adam closed the door and looked over the top of the car at me. We gave each other a look of accomplishment. I didn’t really understand what it meant. Of course we had just tracked down, resuscitated and rescued Steven…well Adam had at least, but did our cerebral exchange recognise more than that? Adam had just saved the life of someone that an hour ago he’d wanted to kill. Did that change things? I couldn’t tell yet, but I wasn’t about to bring it up. Things were literally quiet, and I was enjoying the silence which was currently easing my headache somewhat. We both got in our respective sides of the car and Adam started her up to take us back to camp, where I was certain a million and one questions would await us.

With the heater turned up, it didn’t take long for me to drift off to sleep too.

We were just outside the campsite when Adam nudged me awake.

“Hey bud, wake up.” His voice was gentle.

“Hmmm?” I enquired sleepily, looking around in the darkness trying to establish where I was.

“I thought you might want to discuss how we’re going to play this. When we get back I’m assuming there will be questions. Karl and Joey will probably be ok, but I imagine Lisa is going to be pretty pissed off with everything.”

“I’m past caring.”

He frowned at me. “You’re only saying that ‘cause you’re tired. For his sake don’t you think we should come up with a story?” he asked, motioning to Steven, now sprawled out across the back seats still asleep. “Plus we’re all soaked. What are we going to say? We decided to go swimming?”

I thought for moment, hoping that some sort of revelation would come to me and I’d be able to fix the whole thing, but nothing came. I was either too exhausted to think, or too defeated by the situation to care.

 

“Fuck it,” I said in reply. “Let’s just roll with the punches. It’s got to happen eventually, he might as well get it over with now. I can’t lie to her, Adam; she’s been deceived enough as it is.”

Adam didn’t say anything.

“What? You think I’m making a mistake?” I asked in response to his thoughtful silence.

“I don’t know. I guess I’m tired too. I just want to have a shower and get some sleep.”

“Sounds good to me,” I replied dreamily.

“Yeah, but Lisa’s not going to let that happen is she?” he mumbled, following his statement up with a huge yawn.

He really was tired. I felt sorry for him, running round after my crazy friend all night and then putting himself in danger to save him. He really was a good guy. Not many people would do that for someone they hate. It made me love him even more.

I turned back to Steven and reached over to shake him.

“Hey! Wake up!” I was not as polite or as gentle as Steven had been with me.

“MMMmmm!” he groaned in annoyance. He had obviously been deep in sleep.

“It’s time to face the music Steven. Lisa is going to want to speak with you. You ready?” I asked again, not very friendly like.

“I don’t want to speak to her…not yet,” he replied almost fearful.

“Well I highly doubt she’s gonna let you crawl back into bed without an explanation. You’re soaked, you’ve gone missing and she already knows we’ve been fighting.”

“I just don’t think I can do this right now.”

“She deserves to know Steven. You’ve been lying to her all this time. It’s better to get it out of the way tonight. “

“I disagree,” Adam interrupted.

“What?” I asked.

“I think if he goes in there and tells her the truth tonight, no one is going to get any sleep. I think we should tell one more lie. Just till the morning.”

“Oh for fuck’s sake Adam!” I moaned in disagreement.

“Well do you want to get any sleep tonight or not? `Cause I’m beat… after what I’ve done tonight, maybe I should get to make the call,” he said in a straightforward factual manner.

Great, he was guilt tripping me. My guilt for making him put up with my backwards emotions and saving Steven versus my guilt over lying to Lisa. Nice one.

With a heavy sigh I replied, “What did you have in mind?”

“It’s simple…”

I gave him a gesture suggesting that it wasn’t so simple to me.

“You.”

“Me?”

“You.”

“I don’t follow,” I replied irritably.

“Well you two have been friends for like forever and are supposed to know everything about each other, yet Steven has only just found out that you’re gay.”

“So?”

“Well isn’t that a big deal in itself? Trust issues and shit? You could just say it all got blown out of proportion and you had a huge fight, you both got upset, felt guilty. Steven came looking for you, you both made up. Boom! Sorted.”

“We’re all soaked,” I replied indignantly.

“Horseplay. We got giddy and ended up in the lake or something.”

I looked the other way shaking my head, my tongue in my cheek. I was not happy. The sadistic part of me felt that Steven going in there and having a huge, painful, break up was what he deserved for everything he’d put me through today, that he deserved to be punished. Surely that’s not an awful thing to feel? Is it? Yet here’s my boyfriend, the guy who literally wanted to murder him a couple of hours ago fighting in his corner and taking his side. The injustice of the situation made me want to scream, but I couldn’t, he was right. Sleep would be good and perhaps beneficial. As they say, ‘sleep on it’.

“Please Dan,” Steven begged from the back seat.

With another heavy sigh I agreed. “Fine, whatever, anything for an easy life.”

I still wasn’t happy, but apparently how I felt wasn’t important right now and was detrimental to the big cover up that was now at my expense. I hadn’t even spoken to her yet and I already felt like part of the huge lie Steven had been feeding her since they met. The poor girl.

We arrived at our pitch and Lisa, Joey and Karl were all sitting outside Adam’s tents. Steven barely had a chance to get out the car when she stormed up to him and smacked him one across the face.

“You fucking idiot Steven, why didn’t you answer your phone?” she demanded angrily.

“I’m sorry… I’ve only been gone like an hour.”

“That’s not the fucking point. You drove off drunk. You could have been dead for all I knew. And you didn’t exactly leave on the best of terms with me did you?”

“Well you wouldn’t stop asking me questions.”

“And you!” She turned on me. “Ignoring me too. Running off into the night with Prince Charming and turning your phone off.”

“I didn’t turn my phone off.” I replied defensively reaching into my pocket and realising it had taken a dip in the river with me. “Fuck, my phones ruined. It’s soaked!” I said, examining my phone that was currently refusing to turn on.

“Shit, mine too!” said Steven, waving his in the air.

She narrowed her eyes examining the three of us.

“Why are you all wet?” she asked.

“We were messing about,” Adam offered.

“You were messing about?” Lisa questioned, unsatisfied with his answer.

“Dan and Steven made up and we all sort of started messing about. One thing led to another and we ended up in a river.”

“Oh well that’s just great. I’m sitting here wondering if he’s crashed his car and you three are fucking play fighting. That’s just great.” She turned to me again. “And what was this big argument about in the first place Dan? ‘Cause you just up and left us all and I couldn’t get anything out of him before he disappeared too!”

“Ermm I…” I stuttered over my words and my thoughts, but Steven came to the rescue.

“I was annoyed with him,” he offered nervously.

“Why, because he might be gay?” she said disgusted. “That shouldn’t bloody matter Steven. It’s not the dark ages, he’s still your friend. I’m disappointed in you.”

“It’s not because he’s gay it’s…”

He paused and looked at me and I realised he was struggling with the lie.

“It’s because…”

I could almost see the truth on the tip of his tongue and I suddenly felt proud of him. Proud that he was about to do the right thing and be the guy I’d always admired.

“It’s because I…”

I was willing him on in my mind. Yes Steven, say it. End this fucking charade and just be honest.

He looked down at the ground. “It’s because I felt lied to... he should have told me sooner. I’m supposed to be his best friend, and it just pissed me off that he couldn’t be honest with me. We argued and it got out of hand. I’m sorry, Lisa. I didn’t want to say anything, because I didn’t feel like I should be talking about it with anyone but Dan.

I also looked at the ground now with a mixture of emotions coursing through me, anger, disappointment and guilt. Lisa looked back and forward from Steven to me.

“Boys are fucking stupid sometimes.” She walked off towards the direction of her tent.

When she was out of earshot Steven put a hand on my shoulder and said, “Thank you.”

I pulled away.

“I’m going for a shower,” I said, and I stormed off.

I had to get away from it. Everything felt back to front. I know I didn’t want to be, but essentially I was the victim in this and Steven was the bad guy. So why was Adam suddenly protecting him from what he’d done to me? I couldn’t make my mind up. I hated it when he wanted to punish Steven, but now I hate it when he’s trying to help him. I don’t think Steven deserves to be hung, drawn and quartered, but I still don’t think he deserves an easy ride. And now I’m in on it. They’ve made me lie and I hate lying.

I kicked open the male shower block door in frustration. Thankfully no one was in there. The sound of my dramatic entrance reverberated round the room as the door swung back and forward saloon style until it eventually settled in its closed position once more. It was actually quite creepy at night. The place looked old and unkempt. It seemed like literally hundreds of spiders had taken over all the tiny windows that were dotted around the place almost at ceiling height. It was a long, narrow, tiled room with some shower cubicles and a toilet cubicle along one wall and a sink and two urinals along the other. Many of the brown floor tiles were broken and had black cracks running through them where dirt and grime had accumulated over the years. The only light in the room was coming from a couple of old strip lights, one of which was flickering on and off every so often, changing the shadows in the room and creating the illusion of movement, adding to the horror film look of the place. I was sure I was alone and I couldn’t hear anyone, but my imagination told me that an axe murderer could be hiding behind one of those cubicle doors just waiting to pounce. Paranoia getting the better of me I had a quick peek under the cubicles to check for feet… nothing. I wandered over to the sink and looked at myself in the mirror above. I didn’t look great, but I’m sure I’ve looked worse. I did however look different. At least I thought I did. Studying my reflection, I felt something had changed… something behind the eyes. Pain maybe? Maybe my innocence was gone or something. One thought kept running through my head.

What am I doing?

Adding up all the things that had happened since I got here, all the choices I’d made, all the things that I’d done I realised just how mad the whole thing was. I’d come out as gay (sort of), found a boyfriend, fallen in love, and had sex. I’d also practically been raped and Steven was probably technically dead at one point. These were all things that happened because of my decisions. I suddenly felt overwhelmed and under a lot of pressure, as though the veil of life had been lifted and I could now see adulthood for what it was. I didn’t like it and I suddenly had a desire to regress back to my childhood, even before my teenage years, back to when everything was simple and everything was done and decided for me, from what I was eating to what I was wearing. No big decisions, no confusing, sexual feelings, just blissful ignorance. How did all this happen so fast? Where the fuck did Adam come from? And how did I let him take over my life so quickly? Had I sat back and looked at this with even a bit of objectivity? Was Adam even right for me? Was he worth all this stress? I leaned into the sink and took a deep breath holding back yet more tears. I wanted my mum, but would she even understand all this? Would she still want to hold me and fuss over me or was that something else I’d left behind?

I heard the door creak open and I looked back in the mirror to see Adam half in the room holding towels, fresh clothes and some toiletries.

He looked embarrassed and he understood he’d interrupted a private moment.

“Sorry…I… I knew you’d need a towel…I…are you ok?” he asked, worried.

“I’m fine,” I said quickly, turning the tap on and splashing my face, trying to hide my embarrassment.

I watched him walk up behind me in the mirror. He rested his forehead on the back of my head. I closed my eyes at his touch. I felt his breath on my neck, then his lips as they softly brushed my skin. He gently placed little kisses around my neck until he had to turn me around to go further. I opened my eyes to look at him. He pressed in closer to me. Again he was close enough for me to feel his breath. Our noses lightly touched as we teased each other, holding back the inevitable kiss until it was unbearable. As our lips met he dropped everything he was holding and took me by the waist. Intoxicated and seduced by his lips I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him closer to me. His kiss made me forget about the questions and the fears. It was like an anaesthetic for the mind.

His hands drifted higher and I felt him start to lift my t-shirt. He was undressing me. I pulled away from the kiss.

“I’m too tired for shower sex,” I told him, almost annoyed at myself as I kind of wanted it to happen at the same time.

He smiled at me and kissed me again.

“We don’t have to,” he whispered. “Let me take care of you.”

He kissed me one last time before gathering up everything and leading me by the hand to a shower cubicle. After he motioned me in, he hung the towels on the back of the door, locked it and placed shower gel and shampoo on the shelf. He started to undress me again starting with my t-shirt, which clung to my skin, still being wet. It was a clumsy effort, but he eventually forced it over my head and let it fall to the floor. He pulled his off too before finding my lips again. Throughout the kiss I felt him fight with the button on my jeans which eventually gave way to his efforts. The next thing I knew my jeans had fallen to my ankles. I started laughing.

“What?” he asked, worried he was doing something wrong.

“I still have my trainers on.”

“Oh!” He also had to laugh.

I ungracefully kicked them off along with my jeans while he did the same. I was about to pull my boxers off when his hands found mine.

“No,” he said. “Let me.”

I let go so that he could have his fun and he got down on his knees so that his face was level with my crotch. He put his hands in the waistband of my boxers and stared up at me biting his lip. Although I’d said I didn’t want shower sex, my dick was getting hard fast. Perhaps I’d been a little hasty with that comment.

He pulled down my boxers and revealed my semi hard cock. I gasped as the cool air hit it. He rubbed his face against my hardening member burying his nose in my pubes. He breathed me in, audibly enjoying my scent with a soft moan. He started lightly kissing the base of my shaft and I closed my eyes with a gasp, letting my fingers pull and play with his hair. He slowly worked his way up the length of my dick with kisses and teasing nibbles. I was getting more and more excited and my breathing quickened in anticipation of his warm, wet mouth. Just when I was sure he was about to take me in his mouth, he got to his feet, kissed me again and whirled me around so I had my back to the cubicle door. He stood back from me and I could see he was fully erect in his boxers. He turned the shower on and stood just out of reach of its jet as he waited for the water to heat up. When he was happy with the temperature he stepped underneath pointing his face up to the water letting it run through his hair, over his face, and all the way down his body, thoroughly soaking his boxers and showing, in great definition, the outline of his rock hard cock.

I couldn’t take my eyes off his dick as it strained against the fabric begging to be released. He noticed my longing gaze and teased me by lowering his boxers ever so slowly. The tip of his dick started to peek into view and soon his full size was realised as his boxers fell heavily to the floor with a splash. He was harder than I’d seen him before. He seemed doubly excited over this watery encounter.

He held out his hand for me to take and when he had me in his grip, pulled me under the welcoming hot water and into his arms. Our hard dicks teased and pressed against each other as we kissed under the water. My headache and stress gave way to heavenly bliss as I became fully relaxed under the cascading water.

He broke our kiss and sought the shower gel. I held out my hand expecting him to share, but he gently pushed it aside shaking his head with a grin. Pushing me against the wall out of the water, he poured a generous helping into his own hand and then started to rub my chest, first with one hand then two, eventually lathering me up and paying particular attention to my nipples, which felt fucking awesome. Each time he made contact with one it sent a bolt of pleasure to the end of my dick. After he was finished playing with my nipples he rubbed down my arms, then up under my pits, which made me feel a little self-conscious at first, but it became apparent what this was becoming and this boy had my full trust for some reason. He continued to sensually wash my upper body, my neck, my back, my torso, and then he moved down to my groin. He didn’t beat around the bush either (pardon the pun) as he took me quite vigorously in his fist and started rubbing up and down my still hard cock. He pulled back my foreskin and made sure I was thoroughly clean before he cupped my balls and started washing between my legs. He then reached around and let his fingers slide down my ass and around my cheeks, before he slowly let a finger slip in-between my ass and slide across my tight hole. I bit my lip and without warning grabbed hold of his arms. We stared at each other, him with a sexy grin on his face, me breathless and pulling a face of utter shock at how pleasurable his finger had felt. I suddenly threw his arms down by his side and his grin faltered as he didn’t know what I was about to do. We kept eye contact for a few seconds more before I gave into my urges, turning round, bending over and putting my outstretched hands against the wall, fully exposing my ass for his hands to explore. He did so with enthusiasm, grabbing and playing with my wet hair in one hand, the other sliding up and down the crack of my ass.

He swapped to just one finger paying special attention to my sensitive, virgin hole. I quivered under his touch and my legs went weak as my muscles relaxed and my ass opened up to him begging him to enter me. He slowly eased his finger inside me and began massaging me from inside, his experience becoming evident as he found my prostate with ease. I squirmed at first contact.

“Oh God…yes…” I moaned into the wall.

He slipped in another finger, stretching me out further, adding a little pain to the mix of this new pleasure, but I liked it and it made me want more.

“Fuck me Adam,” I begged, as he continued to expertly massage my prostate.

“I thought you said no shower sex,” he said mockingly.

“Please fuck me!”

“I don’t know, you did say...”

“Just fuck me Adam!”

“Well, if you insist,” he teased.

He slowly pulled out his fingers and I felt him line up his dick with my hole. I moaned in pain a little, as his girth and length, a little larger than I thought, entered me for the first time. He held himself still as I adjusted and I could sense he didn’t want to hurt me. I really did completely trust this boy. Even in the throes of passion he still selflessly catered to my needs.

“I’m good,” I said through gritted teeth, and he slowly pushed in further.

I’m not going to glamorise things; it hurt like a mother fucker and the water actually added more friction making the act all the more difficult, but I persevered having come this far. One more, painful little push saw his penis all the way inside me and we rested like this for a minute or so after which he began to pull out again, which was a bizarre feeling. The sensation made me tense up which only made things more painful. I gasped in pain.

“Shhhh, you need to relax buddy. If you completely relax all your muscles again like you did before I promise it will start to feel good,” he said soothingly.

I did as I was told, took a deep breath and as I exhaled I tried to relax like before. I instantly felt better and the tightness eased off a little, making things a little more comfortable down there.

“That’s it, just relax like that and let me do the rest.”

He began to ease out of me again, but before he came out he pressed back in. It still hurt, but it was a lot less painful than the initial penetration. With each gentle thrust the pain subsided and, after a minute, gave way to the pleasurable feelings his fingers had previously induced.

As I moaned out loud he picked up the pace a little and I finally understood why he’d enjoyed himself so much when I fucked him on the roof of his car. Things were starting to feel amazing and I was soon breathing heavily as the feelings of pleasure deep inside my ass increased with every brush of his hard cock against my prostate. It became more and more intense as his thrusts became harder and faster and my fingers tried gripping to the wet tiles as I neared closer and closer to a new type of orgasm. Even the soundscape accompaniment was turning me on. The hot, running water, his moans of pleasure, my moans of pleasure, our erratic breathing, the sound of his balls slapping against my ass as he fucked me hard; it all felt so naughty and forbidden.

I could tell he was almost ready to cum by the noises he was making and the way he picked up speed. He reached round my waist and took my dick in his hand and started jerking me off as he neared his orgasm. The added pleasure and sensation of this immediately knocked me over the edge and without warning I squirmed in climax and a very loud, manly moan escaped me as complete and utter ecstasy took over my body and I shot my load all over the wall. My insides tensed and pulsed as I came, resulting in Adam cumming inside me almost immediately after. I felt his dick convulse inside me as he shot several hot loads of his cum into my ass.

Utterly exhausted by the exchange, we separated. Adam slid down one of the walls into a sitting position and I turned back round to face him, leaning against the back wall, welcoming the hot waterfall of the shower.

We smiled at each other, which became a grin, which became a laugh. I hadn’t been doing it long, but sex was good! I loved sex! And I loved Adam! Was that like the third time in one day? I suppose the thing in the lake doesn’t really count.

We collected ourselves and actually had proper showers before getting dried and dressed. Then I realised.

“Adam, these are all your clothes.” I was a little confused.

“Yeah, well I didn’t want to go into your tent and through all your stuff, privacy and all, so I just grabbed extra from mine. Is that ok?”

“What about underwear?” I asked, a little embarrassed

“There’s some there.”

“You want me to wear your underwear?” Now he was the one looking embarrassed and flushed.

“I thought it might be… you know…hot, you wearing my clothes.”

“Oh right.”

“Is that weird?” he asked concerned.

“No, no. I guess it is sort of hot.”

I rummaged around the stuff he’d brought to find the boxers, blue Calvin Klein’s with a white waistband. They were quite sexy and I knew he must have picked these out especially. It was cute and dirty at the same time. I was getting a little turned on again as I pulled them on and even I had to admit that they hugged me in all the right places. They even made me look bigger in that department.

“What do you think?” I asked, taking the piss and modelling them like you see on TV.

He was looking rather pleased with himself and his sexy smile was right back where it belonged.

“I think they look better on you than they do on me. You should keep them.”

“I can’t keep your clothes.”

“Of course you can. We can share stuff. Isn’t that what couples do?”

I realised we were actually becoming a real couple and that his simple gesture was one of many little milestones that would define us as a couple and help our relationship to grow into something beautiful.

I left the shower block feeling a lot better than I had when I entered; I guess hard-core shower sex will have that effect on a guy. When we arrived back at camp Steven and Lisa were, predictably, nowhere to be seen. Karl and Joey were still sitting outside their tents and Joey seemed really pleased to see me for some reason. He was literally beaming as we approached and sat opposite them.

“You alright?” I asked Joey suspiciously.

“I’m fine,” he replied with a cheeky grin. “I just didn’t realise it was dress as my brother day that’s all.”

I instantly felt embarrassed. It was obviously no secret that Adam and I did “stuff”, but to have people know exactly when we were doing stuff was a little awkward. I didn’t let it annoy me though. These guys were my friends now. I really liked them and I knew they meant well. Besides Adam was a package; Karl was his best mate, Joey was his brother and we all had a great time together…a bit of teasing between friends is to be expected.

“So Mr. Mysterious, you gonna fill us in?” asked Joey, pushing things a little. “You’ve been AWOL nearly all night.”

“Joey!” spat Adam under his breath, pulling a “SHUT THE FUCK UP!” face.

“Sorry,” he said sincerely, backing off from the scolding.

“No… no it’s fine. You guys are my friends and you’re all in the middle. I think you have a right to know as it’s probably all going to kick off tomorrow anyway,” I said, grabbing the immediate attention of Karl and Joey who looked to me in anticipation.

“So…where do I start? Steven found out I’m gay.”

“I think just about everyone on site found that one out,” said Joey, again trying to be funny. Adam quickly punched him on the leg. “Sorry.”

Carrying on with my story. “Well he didn’t take the news about Adam and me very well; turns out he likes me too.”

“You mean he’s gay?” asked Joey incredulously.

“For fuck’s sake Joey, will you shut up and let the guy speak?” blurted out Karl.

“Yes…yes he is gay,” I continued. “I don’t know how he’ll feel about me telling you that, but yes. He’s been living a lie with Lisa and using her as a cover up. When he found out about me and your brother he flipped out and sort of threw himself on me. It turned into a fight and then he… well without too many details let’s just say he tried to take something that I didn’t want to give him.”

This time Joey’s mouth fell open, but nothing came out.

“Anyway, that’s not the big issue anymore. I know it wasn’t his fault; he’s just in a bad place just now. The reason we all came back wet is because Steven tried to do something stupid, resulting in him basically drowning. Adam saved him. He dragged him out of the water and gave him CPR. If it wasn’t for Adam he’d be dead.” Everyone was silent, including Adam who was trying to shy away in modesty. “Tomorrow Steven is going to tell Lisa the truth and she’ll no doubt, and quite rightly so, go absolutely crazy.”

“You think he’ll tell her tomorrow?” asked Adam disbelievingly.

“If he doesn’t I will,” I said, nodding with determination.

Looking over in the direction of his tent, which was in darkness, I knew I meant what I said. I was just hoping that Steven could find the courage to put things right himself. Either way, this was the last night he’d be sleeping next to Lisa. Her whole world was about to crumble around her, but the life she was living was a lie. For me to let that continue would make me just as bad as Steven. I’m not a liar…I’m not a bad person.

span style="font-size:1.3em;line-height:1.3em;">Here is chapter 9. please keep your reviews coming, they still remain my favourite part of writing. I love hearing what you think. Also if you can give the story a rating. Thanks.
As always, my appreciation goes out to Coastguard for all her hard work.
© Copyright 2014 iamawriting; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A great chapter with lots of soul-searching, I'm just sad that Dan has to go along with Steven's stupid lie one more night...and surprised that Adam came up with the plan. I hope that isn't going to come back between them.

Want to lay odds that Steven doesn't 'fess up? He hasn't got hte backbone for the truth, and so Dan will have to tell Lisa--and I'll lay even money that Steven denies it. Dan will be far better off with Steven out of his life. Let Lisa continue to believe Steven's lies--Dan didn't like her anyway, so once he does the right thing, he can move on with Adam.

More, please!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Columbus Guy is right--definately a soul-searching chapter. I'm really waiting for Steven's confession. THAT will be something--if it happens. (Columbus, you're reading my mind!)

Really like the way that Joey and his buddy have at least accepted all of this--and I'm thinking their role in Steven's "outing" may be bigger than anticipated!

Good job--solid writing, and interesting characters, natural dialogue, with lots of potential plot twists ahead. Bring on that next chapter! <grin>

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/16/2015 05:08 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
A great chapter with lots of soul-searching, I'm just sad that Dan has to go along with Steven's stupid lie one more night...and surprised that Adam came up with the plan. I hope that isn't going to come back between them.

Want to lay odds that Steven doesn't 'fess up? He hasn't got hte backbone for the truth, and so Dan will have to tell Lisa--and I'll lay even money that Steven denies it. Dan will be far better off with Steven out of his life. Let Lisa continue to believe Steven's lies--Dan didn't like her anyway, so once he does the right thing, he can move on with Adam.

More, please!

Thanks for your review ColumbusGuy, I appreciate it. I love how connected you feel to the characters. I'm not giving anything away just yet, but you wont have long to wait as chapter 10 is in editing. I will tell you, as always, things are about to get even more complicated, especially as we move into chapter 11 which I'm working on now. More shaky ground ahead for our friends and foes.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/17/2015 10:24 AM, Robert Rex said:
Columbus Guy is right--definately a soul-searching chapter. I'm really waiting for Steven's confession. THAT will be something--if it happens. (Columbus, you're reading my mind!)

Really like the way that Joey and his buddy have at least accepted all of this--and I'm thinking their role in Steven's "outing" may be bigger than anticipated!

Good job--solid writing, and interesting characters, natural dialogue, with lots of potential plot twists ahead. Bring on that next chapter! <grin>

Thanks Rex for your continued support. Glad you're still with me. I've just started reading your action/thriller Landfall. Really enjoying it :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm surprised that they are putting Steven under any pressure to confess tonight. 

Yes he's done something horrible but it's Dan's best friend. If he's considered suicide already tonight and tried to kill himself who is to say he won't try it again when he is alone with his thoughts during the night. 

It's like they've never considered that as a possibility. Dan has a good heart but his naivete has shown through quite a few times.

Still it's been a riveting read throughout.

I wonder how they are going to get Steven, Lisa and Dan home safe and sound tomorrow?

It's like that conundrum about the hound the fox and the chicken having to cross the stream in a boat made for 2 but the fox and the chicken and the hound and the fox can not be left alone with eachother or they'll kill one another. One creature is always needed to manage the boat. How do they all get across?

I can't wait to read the answer 🤔

Edited by Bard Simpson
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..