Jump to content
    JamesSavik
  • Author
  • 979 Words
  • 1,567 Views
  • 5 Comments
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

the Edge of the Abyss - 1. The Hookup

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIl9XS3u9Kc[/media]

the Edge of the Abyss

 

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive

-from Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls

 

The days after Jeff's death were a blur. I spent them as stoned or drunk as I could arrange. I had a bad case of pretending not to give a shit but the only person I was fooling was myself

 

My boss knew what happened. She could tell I was messed up. I couldn't concentrate. Jeff was my tether to the world. Now that he was gone, I wanted to float away.

 

After a few weeks of being more dead than alive, my boss gave me an ultimatum- take some of your time off and go get your shit together. I wasn't much good to anybody in that state. By this time it was March and time for spring break.

 

Not having a shit ton of money available, I set my sights on a cheap motel in Biloxi on the beach. It wasn't much of a spring break destination but the town was gearing up for the summer season. I figured I could get trashed and maybe even get laid if I was lucky.

 

As soon as work was done that Friday, I had my truck packed and I hit the road. I got to Biloxi three and a half hours later and stopped to eat at a joint called Ray's Po Boys. I had a cup of gumbo and a shrimp po boy and was treated to the odd but fun sounds of zydeco.

 

Once I was done there I went down to beach to my favorite cheap hotel. It was very old fashioned with individual cabins so I moved in, got cleaned up and walked down the beach for a bar crawl.

 

The first place was a dump but they were selling a odd drink they called a pineapple margarita. I had two as the drinks were good but the crowd was dead. I went down the beach and finally found the place I was looking for.

 

It looked like a shit house on the outside but the inside was thumping with dance music. I had found the local gay bar with all the usual accouterments: overpriced and under powered drinks, over loud dance music and a crowd that appeared to be tripping balls on ecstasy.

 

It was early yet so I got a table and a drink and sat back to see what might come my way.

 

By ten o'clock the place was really beginning to thump and fill up. Much to my dismay the crowd was pretty young which gave me a bad case of the mehs. I got stamped and snuck out back to the pier to burn a joint.

 

While I was out there I could see a number of couples making out on the beach. It was a dark, moonless night and all you could see were a number of moving lumps. Simply charming.

 

As I was turning around to leave I almost ran into this long-haired kid in an Ole Miss shirt and board shirts.

 

He said, "Hey dude, you got a light?"

 

I handed him my Bic and he lite a joint with that stinky smell of really strong weed.

 

He said, "Thanks. You want a hit?"

 

"Sure thing. Smells good."

 

"Yeah. It came from the pot farm at Ole Miss."

 

"No shit? How did you get it?"

 

"I bought it off a guy who has a connection inside. Way better than the bunk homegrown that's going around."

 

As I hit the stuff it had that skunky taste and it went right to my head.

 

I coughed and said, "Tastes strong."

 

We sat side by side on the pier and passed it back and forth until the joint was done and chatted amiably.

 

"That's good weed. Thanks for sharing. I'm Jim."

 

The kid looked a little spaced out and said, "I'm Lee."

 

He leaned against me. I put an arm around him to keep him from falling in and said, "You all right?"

 

He snuggled against me and said, "I think I'm all right now."

 

I chuckled and said, "How old are you kid?"

 

"Nineteen."

 

"I know it's dark out here but I'm..."

 

He shrugged and said, "I'm kinda new to this. I don't really know how bars work. I figured I'd meet my kind of guy out back smoking a joint."

 

I laughed and said, "Are you sure?"

 

Lee was quiet for a minute and said, "I'm not exactly a virgin but I don't have a lot of experience. I don't trust guys my own age to keep their mouths shut. So uhh... would you like to fuck me?"

 

"Damn kid, you don't beat around the bush do you?'

 

"I dropped a tab a few hours ago so maybe I'm a little more motivated than usual." In the dark he ran his hand down my chest and stopped of my crotch. "Besides, I think I like what I found out here in the dark."

 

As he caressed my cock through my jeans, I got a good whiff of his hair. It was quite long running over his shoulder and a shade of blond like pale gold. The smell of it made me harden and my heart pound.

 

He said quietly in my ear as he ground against me, "I've got a room at the Broadwater but I'm sharing it with a couple of friends. Have you got a place?"

 

"Yeah, I've got a room a few bars down the beach."

Copyright © 2016 jamessavik; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I like the beginning of your new story, James.

 

I just hope Jimmy didn't take advantage of the kid. =)

Link to comment
On 11/04/2016 12:19 PM, Lisa said:

I like the beginning of your new story, James.

 

I just hope Jimmy didn't take advantage of the kid. =)

Both are more than a little dysfunctional and we know how well those sorts of relationships work out

Link to comment

I haven't heard much about Biloxi since Katrina tore it up. It's hard to believe
it's been long enough for the beach bars to look a little seedy already. I haven't
been there since, so I'm glad to read about it now. It sounds like nothing's
changed even though I know it has, since anything there now has to be fairly new.
So tell us more...

Link to comment
On 11/22/2016 10:05 PM, Stephen said:

I haven't heard much about Biloxi since Katrina tore it up. It's hard to believe

it's been long enough for the beach bars to look a little seedy already. I haven't

been there since, so I'm glad to read about it now. It sounds like nothing's

changed even though I know it has, since anything there now has to be fairly new.

So tell us more...

The events in this story took place before Katrina. The exact date is 1996.

Link to comment

Good start to the story! You give just enough of the characters to draw us in--and I suspect the tale is gonna escalate quickly.
Damn fine writing here--good job!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..