Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Trust me... I'm an Angel - 2. Part Two - Section One : Consultation

PART TWO

Dimitri

From the darkness, a figure appeared, his features obscured. He knew what he had to do, he knew what he felt he needed to do. Moving quickly to adopt his first position he raised a card from the ground and felt a sudden rush of energy... he knew this was what he was meant to do. Working swiftly, moving between each of death's inevitable blows, he was remarkably swift in comparison to earlier; the cards must be influencing his ability, this could not have been, could it?

He felt the spirits inside the cards, gathering, mustering all of their might: they moved with him, they played with him, they became a part of him almost. It took him a few seconds to realise what was happening and he had to break the connection so he held up the cards he had already gathered and released the spirits inside in the direction of death...

A pool of never ending darkness began to form behind Death, much like his shadow.

The creatures… Ornias, Berna’el and the silent and unseen Proc’el, gathered around Death and began to circle him slowly, as they instructed Dimitri what they would do, but…

Dimitri began to feel an internal sense of deep loathing. He began to feel all the hate and all the deception in the world. It was happening and there was nothing he could do about it. Running forward he threw himself upon the figure that was Death and began to punch and kick him as hard as he could, trying to stop him from executing his master plan. The shadows approached with greater intensity. Dimitri’s resistance was useless, the shadow was happening and there was no stopping it.

The dark eyes... there was nothing but darkness, a light of dark interest. Dimitri saw his own darkness, his own light, a dim one. The darkness was calling him, the ashes of time, the eyes of death itself, Dimitri was finally seeing his true light.and he was changing... into something even more uncontrollable…

“MY BOY, IT IS TIME, TIME TO FACE YOUR DESTINY” the fading body screamed at him, louder than any human voice could ever produce.

Dimitri felt himself collapsing under the pressure. He was losing a battle he could never win. In a final desperate attempt to save himself he threw himself out of the way, but to fail...

And yet, the connection broke…

He felt a body on top of him, his brother, his precious Ilya sacrificing himself. The body on top of him was limp, having absorbed the shadow, the pain of a thousand deaths. He had taken them and the shadow was no more than a pool of water upon the dusty ground.

Dimitri sat up carefully and held his brother’s body in his arms. He began to scream, a scream of mourning. He sat for nearly 3 hours, the pool of water still sitting there, dripping into the carpet, seeping through, slowly, silently, murderously.

Seeing no reason to go on anymore without his Ilya, Dimitri searched for a solution within his mind and came to a conclusion, he had to walk, he had to go away, he started to walk slowly towards the door and out into the snow filled ground intending to end it all.

Walking directly onwards, he approached a light cave in the dark snow. The thought crossed his mind that it maybe his salvation, a light in the distant darkness. Although he knew deep in his heart that there was no going on. He entered the cave of light and saw between a rock and the wall and just looked up around the cave.

He felt a calling from a crumbling piece of ice hanging from above the stone that he was sitting next to. Dimitri tried to reach for it, the calling still waiting for him, he snapped the shard off when the singing began again. He couldn’t help himself, his thoughts returned to his Ilya, he was lost to him. He looked around the cave... his emotions whirring.

To Death the moments of desperation were always the best ones, for him to take over...

Taking the ice shard, Dimitri plunged it into his own heart... The shard had somehow stayed solid, the darkness had won. The ice shard was seeping deeper and deeper into Dimitri’s skin.Death knew the old phrase, “Water Can Wait.” And he used it to his advantage. The ice shard began to slowly but surely melt whilst remaining a strong solid shard. Dimitri let out a piercing scream as the droplets from the ice began to gather and create a new form.

Dimitri fell forward and impaled himself further onto the shard… ending his final moments of life… Birth. Life. Death. A simple cycle in his mind.

The figure that had gathered was intimidating, truly disturbing to any eye. The true form of death.

"Take me... Take all of me..."

Dimitri finally gave in to the madness. The dark cloaked figure was formed by death, it was surrounded by nothing but hatred, depression and disgust. There was not an inch of love within it blackened heart.Its eyes, even though there was no face, shone through and if you looked deeply into it, you saw a soul that was tainted. It was a soul that was undeserving of hate and yet the world still despised it. The fear of death had been contemplated for many years, it was a figure that many people just hated because they were afraid of being lost by their loved ones but others they love it, they love seeing little things die from ants to whole populations, the pleasure they find is immeasurable. Death found himself in a very tight situation, one that wasn’t easily rectified. He went for the hatred game because he was never going to win the trust of others, he was just simply too deceiving.

Moving swiftly the shadow creptalong the floor and began to enter the body of Dimitri.

The body spasmed…

Death placed a pair of antique spectacles upon his nose and smiled wickedly.

“I think I’m going to like this.”

A feeling of true power came over him. He licked his lips in orgasmic bliss and, manifesting his own blackened wings, he sprung into the air, darkness seeping from him with every movement…

The Weeping Fallen Guardian Angel

From a graveyard in the distance an angel watched; a male angel, one of forbidden godly qualities. From the heart it was feeling, it could see the end of light itself. It could see the end of everything and there was only one way to stop it, if only he knew how to. He tried to think but it only hurt him to think about it. The angel saw the creature with nothing but a yearning desire for love fly above him and felt… sympathy…

It was Semyaza…

And he was weeping…

The Woman and The Guardian Fallen Angel

She ran. She ran as fast her legs would carry her. Through the snow and through the dirty marshes, although still unclear where she actually was. She looked around, trying to familiarise herself with her surroundings, she then realised that there was no one around. She noticed that behind her was a farm and, on the path ahead of her, a small village. She decided to head towards the village where she could possibly be safe and warm. The road was getting quite dangerous with the horses kicking their hooves everywhere in perfect motion with their masters whipping. For the first time in her life she found herself afraid of what could happen with the people around her. Her overobservency had taken over at this point and she decided that she should stop acting like she is in some sort of fantasy, even know she knew deep within that she was in a true fantasy.

"I blame the ghostly goings on..."

A couple passed her, speaking in a foreign tongue. Her feelings ran round her head like wildfire... “What have I done to myself?”

Raising her arm she signalled a carriage over to her and tried to start speaking to the driver, "Help me. I don't know where I'm going. Where am I? Please help me."

The driver just stared at her blankly and carried on his way, not understanding a word that she said.

The woman dropped to her knees, buried her head in her hands and cried a little.

The figure of her guardian angel landed behind her and retracted his wings within and placed a coat over them. Before he hid them she saw that they were withered, black, dead and yet attractive and irresistible. He began to speak to her.

"You know its no use just sitting there crying your eyes out. That is hardly productive is it?"

She turned in fear and saw it was her angel... "What the... oh its you."

"Despite it being me, you are never going to get anywhere if you don’t learn their language."

She looked at him sharply.

"You don’t want to know? That is good! I like a woman with spirit." He seductively smiled.

"Who are you?"

"No-one important"

"What are you?"

"I'm an Angel, if you must know."

"You are kidding. How did you end up being here?"

"Oh... I was just... I'd rather not talk about it..."

"Go on.. no one else is here other than me..."

"I was thrown here. I was a... I was classed as a villain up there so they cast me down to suffer eternal damnation as a victim of Death's order. I am still an angel. I am just a fallen one."

"Are you... are you really an angel... are you my guardian angel?"

"I guess you could say that, yes." He laughed merrily.

"Am I going to die". The mood darkened.

"That is a difficult question to answer, you already know that." He saw within her what she had seen and what he had seen himself all those years ago.

"Tell me straight."

"I can’t tell you. Death is random. He shuffles his deck and if he thinks it’s your time to die , he will kill in the worst of ways. If he can’t handle it… then he sends a card to handle it. Death is just one man, he can’t kill everybody." He took a deep breath and continued.

"There are ways to defeat Death. Only few people have been told, not even I know. Certain other creatures in the deck have the knowledge; it’s a dark place within that realm. In the deck, we are all in cells, all locked in one position until we are released. There are fights and if you are weak, you die, its as simple as that. I was lucky. I was protected. Death had people protecting me in there because I am special. I can do anything I learn what I can do from others. Am I proud of it? No. but I learn..."

The woman retracted in fear and understanding but still continued to push the subject "How did you become an angel?" She became totally absorbed by him as if there was nothing else going on in the world.

"That was difficult. Live a life without sin? Get stuffed. No. I was just lucky, I was chosen. Gabriel came and visited and said ‘Do you want to be an angel?’, in laymans terms of course, he was saying it in all archangel language like forsooth and thy will be done and all that shit. Want to know what I said? I said ‘Yes’. I had done nothing to deserve the choice... I was in a hospital most of my human life, I had leukaemia from an young age which caused me to have serious problems with my heart which in turn meant I couldn't go out with the other children, I couldn't be a normal boy. My parents said to me "Semzy, you have to spend a few more weeks in hospital but you need an operation...". The next evening was when Gabriel came, and took me away forever... he told me a few things that I have never forgotten. I was something to him. I know what I was to him, but I couldn't ever repeat it. If I were to tell you something would happen and the triangle must not be broken." He had started to speak something he didn't even realise that he was saying.

"The triangle?"

"Sorry, I don't quite know what I just said. Forgive me, I know he gave me the chance, do I regret it? Of course I do. But I wouldn’t ever go back."

"Wait a second, you have met Gabriel?"

"Oh yes, we were quite close friends once upon a time but he’s not the same any more.."

"How so?"

"He got involved in his research and spends all his time in the archive."

"The Archive?"

"A Place where only angels dare to tread, You can’t go there, it’s impossible to be human and go there, Its dangerous in there. Its a place where only angels and the gifted dare to tread..."

"The Gifted?"

"Those who are granted 'The Sight'. Very few have been endowed, they say the only way is to look inside 'The Ashes of Time'."

"What are they?"

"They are dust. Just simple dust. But they have the ability to make you look deeper inside yourself. And then they unlock you. Like a key in a lock when you turn it."

She looked back into her mind and remembered what had happened...

The elderly gentlemen that they had seen earlier was turning to dust. Nothing special. Nothing important. Just dust. They saw the shadow surround him. They saw the act and they could see that this was no sham.

“Alesha… cover your eyes... don’t look honey… don’t look.” She stared at the dust... she was captured by it. She was becoming part of it... she could see the dust and it was finding her. She could see where he was going... what he was going to do… it sickened her...

She could see her vision, the ashes disappearing into the darkness. She saw a boy, a poor defenceless boy, must only have been 17 and he was going to die. She had to help him. She felt the temptation to help, she saw the shadows of death, the figure beyond it all, a dark gruesome figure, a figure willing to anything it wanted and liked in order to create mayhem and destruction. Although, she saw he was needed by everyone, needed to keep the balance in life. If there was no death there could be no life because there would be an overpopulated world, and it felt sickening. She knew it was ready to kill, to take another soul, and it didn’t care. It really didn’t care. She felt sick; she had to snap out of it, or she would be driven to madness...

"I must go". She looked up and saw Semyaza preparing to leave. She looked worried, she didn’t want to be alone, not when she felt so vulnerable.

"Why?"

"I have to go find someone. I can still sense her. Pharzuph. She regenerated. That’s her ability, a sexual power over others and she can regenerate when she dies. She can’t die. Unless you inhale her dust when she dies. Everything turns to dust you know, eventually. That’s how death works, he turns to dust and controls the wind to send him where he wants to go.". He looked into the sky and saw the light beginning to dim and the rain planning to fall. “Anyway, all good things start with research. Look up legends of the fallen angels for a start. Good luck my good friend."

With this he flew off and she turned and noticed that they had moved. She blinked. Her mind wondered around and after a while she returned to her situation and looked at the place they were stood. A large ancient building. She saw she was on a busy village street, paved pathways, ancient gargoyles protruding from the entrance to the building. A large sign hung above the door "Enter Ye Who Have Abandoned Faith And Those Who Look For A Greater Importance Of Life."

She looked in fear at the huge building as small droplets of rain began to fall upon her face, but took a deep breath and found the courage that she needed to carry on this journey, of which she was unsure but she knew it would take her to places she never thought she would ever go, in the realms of the living.

And of the dead...

Copyright © 2010 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..