Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Trust me... I'm an Angel - 9. Part Four : The Council of Angels (Sanhedrin Malakim)

Sanhedrin Malakim

It dawned on the people who sat in the room that this wasn’t a regular meeting. It was all very prim and proper and they all were in their best attire. Looking along the benches you could see that there were a few there, but there was a higher bench with four very prominent figures. The first from the left had a green robe on with slightly green tinted spectacles and black wings. He was of course the advocate for those who did have the voice. Those who were fallen. Crawling across the line you could the second was quite orange in his tone, with a golden face and claws for hands and feet. As again, he was the advocate for those who did not have the voice. Those who were animalistic. Those who did have the investment on mind.

Then there was one at the other end of the table, he was silent, all he was doing was reading his book with his hat tipped over his nose, as if he was asleep but he was listening all the way through. Of course, there was the fourth figure, he was around, he was a light figure, he had been through battle and deceit and murder. His name was Gabriel. And he was angry. They were all angry. They were all parts of the plan. They were all angels of course. You didn’t get these sorts of creatures in the human world. Enclosed, they kept themselves within the chambers of detention. The most secure part of the heavens. They were there to discuss very serious matters. It was only serious when the entire Sanhedrin Malakim was called.

Gabriel stood and took a deep breath and in his resonant tone allowed his voice to carry around the chamber,“I call this meeting to session.” A smaller creature coughed. “Silence in this hall.” He screamed. He calmed himself and brought himself back to the world. “Silence is required for us to truly believe in the situation we will be discussing.”

The creature with the claws rose onto its claw feet and spoke “Gabriel. If I may.”

“Of course my friend.”

The clawed creature climbed onto the table and crouched into a eagle position “You out there that believe that death is dying then you shall be proved wrong. He is active and was going to kill our leader Gabriel. With this I call you, the council of Angels…”

The fallen advocate whispered “We are called the Sanhedrin Malakim”. A slight silence for the annoyance that was caused by the advocate. Gabriel never really liked having a fallen advocate but he had to under the laws of the white one.

“Okay. Smart arse. We the Sanhedrin Malakim, have undeniable prove in our leader that he is up to his old tricks once more. Sir. If I may allow you to show us your thoughts?”

Gabriel sat up in his throne and smiled lightly. “If one must, one will”. He leant one arm and twisted the fingers on one of his hands round in a motorised motion creating a projection. It was of his battle with Death and how it came down to the cards.

The fallen figure screamed “Please stop. Stop. The projection is not right. He is not coming back. He cannot. We brought him down and encased him within one rightful way of doing his methods.”

“I am sorry friend but he is.” The clawed figure turned from on the table and nuzzled his chest. “You shall be fine.”

“What are we to do.” Gabriel questioned.

A silence. The silent figure spoke up. “Surely the great Gabriel must know…” He smiled delicately, looked into Gabriel’s eyes and turned back into his sleep to fall in another deep slumber.

“I sadly do not.” Gabriel sighed, he was completely stuck. If he what he was thinking, he would truly upset the council. He was hoping someone else would suggest it.

“We could always ask the master.” The clawed creature suggested. Gabriel suddenly relaxed within himself. There was uproar from the many angels upon the bench with screams so loud it could scare even the strongest of men. You never upset the Sanhedrin Malakim, on fear of your very existence.

“You suggested asking the master. You know he must never be disturbed. He has never been disturbed for many centuries, 20.1 exactly. To request to see the master is like signing your own death warrant.” The fallen creature lectured. “It is in vain to want to see him. Maybe we should wait.”

Gabriel wanted to question him, “Who should we wait for?”

“Surely you know?” The fallen angel leant back into his own throne.

“Mother Nature?”

“Of course.” Gabriel was clearly confused.

“Why?”

“The natural events on the human planet. Earth. Something has happened. A ricochet of nature. A smaller tsunami in a small island called Hawaii followed directly by a massive earthquake in a place called Haiti. Something is happening on the planet down below. And I don’t like it. Something I am telling for the end of the world and I believe the master knows more than he tells us. He is sat behind us in his little room with his little servants and he says nothing to us. We are begging for information and he feeds with none”

The eagle like creature stood and spread its wings and continued to rally the crowed “True, ever since the creation of that god forsaken Circle of Life, we have been trapped because we cannot eliminate the one thing that makes the circle what it is. The Master. We all believe in the master. It is all about the faith. If we face up to the master then we can all be better angels and ascend beyond our status.”

The silent being stood and walked along the table that they were sat at. “You are forgetting one thing my dears. If we were to try to take down the master, it would defeat our purpose. If we wait, we shall become great. We shall be what we should all become. You should all be deceased by the end of the great wars. By the end of all of this. You shall all die and I shall ascend. For the prophecies in the halls of time state that one shall ascend beyond his status and becomes part of the master. I shall be the one who ascends.”

“Who do you think you are?” Gabriel prepared for flight into the silent being.

“I am the being.”

Gabriel was starting to get angry. “Why are you the being…”

“Because I can do this.” He clicked his fingers and the doors to the chambers slammed shut and he walked along the table to the fallen advocate and pointed his fingers down and whispered. “VENTILTAOTA”. A slightly wispy gas started to seep from the advocate’s mouth and went towards the fingers of the being. The fallen advocate began to scream in uncontrollable pain and twitched and he started to dry out. His skin cracking as he slowly turned into another collection of dust. The being licked the fingers he took the wispy gas from, truly enjoying every taste and dropped to the seat where the advocate was and began to lick the dust up and truly get it inside of himself. He turned and saw the crowd of angels looking at him.

“Terribly Sorry. I find the soul so awfully irresistible. Now we are going to do what I say… Or I murder another…” He looked down his nose over his pink tinted spectacles at the orange eagle like angel and smiled politely. “Yes that means that you are next.” He laughed at his own joke as the eagle-like creature cowered in fear.

Gabriel screamed at the being ready to launch himself upon him. “What are you!!!”

“I am a monstrosity… You should really being asking me again… Who am I?”

“Who are you?”

He walked back along the table and jumped into the crowd of angels, looking for his next victim…

“I am the Page Turner.”

The Woman

Laying herself across her sofa she relaxed. Nothing to think about. Nothing to worry about. Simply there to watch the televison and to drink a nice hot cup of Cappuccino waiting for the events of the not so exciting day to unfold.

That was when she heard a knocking at her French door and saw it was Semyaza standing there. She sighed and put her drink down, wishing she could have an afternoon where she had no interruptions. She walked over and opened the French window and shouted.

“Can I ever get any fucking peace?”

“At last I found you.” He jumped at her and hugged her tightly. She knew he was obviously trying to suck up to her.

“What the hell do you want?”

“I missed you.” He smiled sweetly.

“I don’t really give a shit. You fucking abandoned me! You abandoned me in the middle of nowhere to find my way!”

“I know… I thought I left you close to where you lived”

“In fucking Switzerland. That was a bloody long way to get me home. You gave me 20 bloody euros. That’s barely anything! I’ve just had enough!” She slapped him quite hard across the face.

“That hurt. Clearly you do not wish to see me. I shall return later.” He quickly flew out of the window to hide around the corner.

“No! Wait.” He was already gone. She sighed and wished she never sent him away so hastily. And that she never slapped him. That was definitely a bad idea.

Pharzuph

She was following him. She had to get more information out him. She saw him fly out of a building and around the corner so decided to creep very slowly up behind him while he was not looking. She wasn’t aware of what was happening…

Quickly she thrusted herself towards him.

“Move and I slit your throat.”

“Pharzuph. Again. We meet. Today seems to be like the day I am bumping into everyone.”

“Tell me more… I must know more.”

“About what?”

“The Archive. Tell me more. How did you get in there.” She was being taken over by some unseen madness.

“Pharzuph. You need not say anything but nod if you are feeling different than you usually do.” She nodded at him. She could see that he was obviously worried about her. She knew within herself something clearly wasn’t right. “We must make an agreement. You must not touch her. You must not touch the woman. Touch the woman and I kill you.” She knew he was taking advantage of her but she couldn’t stop him. She was a puppet. And was clearly behaving like a puppet.

“Deal. I will not.” She was obviously lying to herself. She took herself away, trying to escape the madness but uncontrollably, as if some sort of unseen being was controlling her was thrown into the woman’s apartment and into her arms.

Semyaza sensed this and quickly followed and savaged attacked her.

“I don’t know what I’m doing, I can’t control myself. Semyaza please stop. I cannot control it. Please you are hurting me. Please.” Pharzuph screamed and the woman backed away in fear. She had never seen this side of Semyaza before. He was truly angry, and he was hurting her he was truly hurting her. The woman could see that she wasn’t a true friend of Semyaza’s but there was something in her eyes. She wasn’t in control of her own actions. She was being used as a puppet to make something happen.

Pharzuph cried in pain. She couldn’t last much longer through Semyaza’s vicious attack.

The Woman

She ran as quickly as she could out of the backdoor and ran towards the decking by the beach and bumped into a woman carrying her weekly shopping.

“Hey! Watch where the fuck you are going woman. Jesus!” This obviously quite older woman. “Sorry! Is there anything I can do to apologise?”

“How about a coffee and buying me some more eggs. These are obviously going to be cracked.” The woman thought she was quite sarcy, she could even fit the description of… It couldn’t be…

Ishtahar…

They began to walk off into the distance and started to chat which was when the woman realised something. She was the catalyst to all of the events that must happen…

She had to tell her everything…

Semyaza

He gave out his final thrash onto Pharzuph and collapsed into a heap. He had to protect her, it was something unguided within himself that made him do it. Like an almost calling. The bloody song. The song of the Sanhedrin Malakim. Always singing to him, like a never ending drumbeat in his mind. He had to stop the beats in his mind. He could even say the beats were stuck within his soul. He turned to see that Pharzuph had collapsed too and she was turning…

She was turning into dust.

Semyaza dived into the dust trying to stop it from blowing away forgetting about her regenerative abilities but was too late, she had already blown into the wind.

Towards her master…

He had to leave, he had to report this back to her…

He had to report it back to the gypsy. She would know what to do.

The Page Turner

He walked swiftly down the street, licking his lips as he went. He believed he was even worse than death in his disgusting habits, and licking his lips wasn’t even close to the worst habit that he had. He was a figure of darkness beyond death. He was a page turner. Able to turn pages of time himself, rewriting history, changing things to suit what he thought should happen. He made himself unbelievable. He could influence other people. He could plant something into another person’s mind, changing them forever.

Whether it be a painful reaction to a painting, a never ending drum beat or even complete and total control. He had not mastered controlling members of The Circle of Life but he was working on it although he believed that he wouldn’t be able to beat the never ending security bonds created by the master.

The Page Turner was most definitely an Anti Master. An Anti Christ.

He rapidly walked down the street, following the woman and Ishtahar, trying to figure a way to stop the woman from talking and telling her everything. Whenever he paid full attention to one thing, another thing always had to come along and change the scene completely.

He knew that Ishtahar should never find these things out fully.

For if she did…

The disaster would begin again and this time…

There would be no survivors…

Human or Fallen.

He picked out a book from his satchel and opened and looked into the notations for what was originally going to happen and extracted his quill and edited it.

“Trust me… reader…”

He laughed maliciously.

“I’m an angel.”

END OF NOVELLA

Copyright © 2010 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..