Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Trust me... I'm an Angel - 6. Part Three - Section One - Adjustment

Adam and Eve

Wandering through the darkness of the Eden fields, his imagination was wandering through the trees and the fauna and the never-ending fields of heavenly grass. He could not find her. He could not see her. Nevertheless, He knew she was there. Eve was waiting for him in the corner of the fields, under the tree of knowledge, her mind wandering around, she knew she was told she could eat anything in the fields but never to eat from the Tree of Knowledge. Her honesty was being lost. The honesty of the truths that she had told had been lost to the world. stared up and saw a creature slither through the the dark branches, she thought nothing of it. Adam walked a further distance and saw that Eve was staring at a serpent hanging from the branches. She was too far away to reach by walking so he ran. Eve heard the serpent begin to whisper "take a bite from the tree, it will not kill you. It tastes perfect. Go on take a taste of the forbidden fruit.". Eve reached up and took a bite from an apple on the tree and felt a sudden rush of knowledge, she knew everything but before she knew it...

She was falling...

The Woman

Slowly opening her eyes, she revealed a situation that wasn’t something she was always accustomed to. She was laid on a dirty bed, fully clothed, the previous usage was obvious with the waste over the floor and bed. Her hair was brushed to one side. Her eyes had to adjust to the bright lighting of the room. Someone had been in there with her. The last thing she could remember, was being in the arms of Semyaza flying into the distance, then she thought that he told her to sleep and she did. Her body responded to every little thing that he said. She tried to sit up, with care, in case she was injured but she had no issue so she sat straight up until she felt a sudden strain in her neck. She thought it was obviously because of the flying she had just went through. She slowly stood and looked at her figure in the mirror and realised what had happened.

She looked again at her figure and saw a tear roll down her cheek. She had been abandoned. There wasn't anything she could do about it. She was abandoned...

She looked down onto the desk and saw a pile of Euros and realised she was at least in Europe. That was a starting point.

She walked into the room bathroom, looked at the sink, saw a card, and picked it up. She stepped back in shock and dropped it...

"I knew it was going to be you... you have replaced me..."

Upon the card, it had this message...

"Sorry. I had to go. It was a matter of great importance. Wish you were here Sem."

She looked up to the roof and ran her eyes around the room, coming to the final realisation. She was in the middle of nowhere, with minimal money and she had been abandoned... She walked slowly towards the door of the room and began to scream... her voice echoed through the corridors of the forsaken place, her voice ringing, her pain being shown deeply. Her thrust of emotions came straight to the surface and they exploded from her. She was feeling emotions that she had never felt so deeply before... She was angry and she was enjoying every second.

She was jealous because of what had happened to her. She knew what she had to do. It was going to be pretty but it had to be done. Her future was decided but she had to save herself before anything else further could happen.

"My research on the angels will be particularly useful..."

She smiled deliciously to herself and began to exit the room...

She was heading for him but she had to remember what should not be remembered...

The Elderly Gentleman

Leaning over the body, he saw what had happened to it. But this wasn't something that was natural, it was something that had happened because of something that should never have happened. The beauty of the scars that were created upon him. He was covered in them, inch by inch and limb by limb. He was burnt. He was burnt from head to toe. He was dying...

"It will be fine old friend, it will be fine..." He doubted. He knew he could be wrong. But there was always going to be hope…

He continued to tend to the wounds on semyaza's body. The worst burns were around the waist, he was tending to the waist area when he felt something grow beneath his arm where he was resting.

"Old friend. You know I am not like you." He laughed at the comatose Semyaza.

The extra part deflated, obviously less excited, it was almost as if Semyaza could understand what was happening, even though he was in comatose state.

The elderly gentleman stood and started to walk towards a bookshelf muttering to himself... repeating what he should and shouldn’t have done to himself…

"I shouldn't ever have shown them it. I should have kept it secret for the rest of time. I should have kept it to myself. I shouldn't have let him read it. The world of the dead should be left..."

A mysterious power began to act once again upon the Elderly Gentleman, causing his entry body to twitch violently throwing him across the room, crashing him into a bookcase causing several books to fall…

Crawling into the fetal position to protect himself, he felt something returning. Always returning. Never losing. You can never truly forget. He was beginning to remember the world of the disaster. They were coming back and it was hurting him, physically and emotionally.

"I can see it..."

He saw the pictures. He saw the disgustingly vile ideals of the dangerous one. He can see the design. The method of dying. The way to eliminate those who should die. Not those who you want to die but those who's time is up. Those who should die to keep the balance of life. Life. Death. Rebirth. All one cycle in the great triangle. But the triangle was broken... He had to break the systems for the greater good...

He knew whom he had to see.

The Elderly Gentleman

He looked through the mystical veil of a door and saw that she was already seeing another customer and wished that he could see her now but decided to sit down to wait for her. He looked up at the wall, noticed a painting, and looked at the description next to it.

"The White Knight. 1AD"

A small child walked up to the elderly gentleman and tugged on his shirt.

"Hello there young girl. How may i help you?"

"It is going to happen again. Your past will return and it will always be returning. He is coming. And you must be ready."

The elderly gentleman looked down at the little child, in a white robe and greasy hair, she was obviously a prophet. That means...

He looked back into his past... 50 years ago... when he was a host to death...

Flying gracefully into the pits of doom, he found himself witnessing deaths by the thousand. The glorious trenches, the figure enjoying the deaths, flying between them and touching them killing them instantly. His favourite kind of death in those times of desperate glory was death by gas. It was long and painful and everlasting. Just how he liked it. And then, of course, he enjoyed killing others...

English, French, German, American, All of them. He enjoyed their glorified deaths because he liked it. He liked dying. He enjoyed watching others die and that was why war was so perfect for him. So many dying... So many being sacrificed for the glorification of England...

He felt himself twitch as the memories began to hurt... The soldiers sang songs of such ardent hope… "Its a long way to Tipperary, its a long way to home..." His memories building his pain... it was becoming unbearable... "Only remembered, Only remembered, Only remembered for what we have done." He fell to his knees for the memories were burning his mind and they started to fade...

Flying upwards he realised it was Christmas Morning. The Germans stood out of their trenches and called for the English, called for no more fighting, no more death. It caused him such pain, the deaths were not going to happen, he had to find himself so many more victims... He had to run away, he was in disbelief... He had no ability to care...

"Excuse me sir, She will see you now". A young girl approached him and gave her his thanks after returning from the hellish trance he was forced into...

"it was inevitable you know coming to see me." She was rather old wearing loose clothing and slightly browning hair. Her wrinkles shown vividly upon her dying face...

"How did you know?" He asked, thinking that it was a strange way for a greeting to happen.

"When you are as dead as me, you start to know things and don’t worry about dropping the drink."

"I haven’t."

"You will. Would you like one?"

"Yes Please."

"Coral. Two drinks please." The girl who had fetched him walked in and placed two gin and tonics on the table. "Your favourite. I can tell."

"Anyway. I came to find something out."

"But you already know the answer?"

"The legends are a lie."

"The Legends are the truth. She is coming back. And you must be ready."

"Your child..."

"My child often makes mistakes. She is very rarely right. My sweet dear child. She has so much to learn and so little time to complete her training in. The world is changing around us. Every second of every day and we barely notice it…”

“Are you feeling well? Would you like to do this another time?”

“No. No. I will be fine. I guess it has already happened?"

"What has happened?"

"The Catalyst."

"If you mean Semyaza kissing the forbidden then yes."

"Did he do it willingly?"

"No! Of course not. He is stronger than that."

"Then something is coming, returning always returning."

"Sorry..."

"Gaze into the ball... I see it at last... she has returned... she is returning always returning... keeping her distance... waiting to pounce... she is here, she is waiting..."

"Who?"

"The one we all fear most... the one who controls and yet has no real power..."

"Not possible."

"The lips touched her lips. She is revived."

"Fuck."

"It gets worse..." She looked up from the crystal ball and laughed and suddenly her eyes turned a pale greyish white.

"She knows the triangle, she knows her wishes, she is hidden, returning, always returning. Returning to the end of the day, returning to find him and touch him and feel his power..."

"What does it say about the souls?"

"There is no soul." She began to go into a deeper trance…

"It must say something."

"There is no soul."

"Then..."

"It is her job and only her job. The history of her is handed down, only her blood can fufill the destiny of her."

"Who is it?"

"Ishtahar..."

"But... I saw her burn... I saw her kiss him and i saw her turn to ash..."

"And that is how she will do it. She will turn to dust and become one."

"Impossible."

"You better believe it honey. It isn't going to get better, well..."

"Huh?"

"There is one thing you should know..."

"What?"

"He is coming back."

The elderly gentleman stood back in shock and swiftly ran from the decrepit room dropping his drink in the process...

The gypsy whispered under her breath suddenly...

"He is coming back. Not for you. But for him."

Copyright © 2010 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..