Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,452 Words
  • 915 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Currently in the works to edit this story before starting the newest book :) apologies for my beginner writing where I didn't believe in spacing my sentences.

Star Crossed: On the Line - 7. Another Dam Chase

“Well...I’ll be here.” Alicia sighs. I nod and lift the door open to leave. “Be careful. There were a lot of them out there. They may have been expecting us.” I stop at the door almost to reply but shake my head instead and jump out.

This base has a giant wall blocking up a river behind it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen so much water in my life. Then again I did see all the blue that is on the planet’s surface. Green but mostly blue. It’s pretty here. At least behind the dam that is. Below is just metal buildings and dirty roads. Strange how different it is. Like the dam divides where the humans are allowed.

I give one last look at where Alicia is hiding in the trees and keep it in my memory. I am most likely going to have to teleport here. It’s kind of far from the base below.

I have to sneak into the tallest building that is used for their communications. Tanner believes they have a map of where every single base or Director is hidden. He seems to think he can destroy them all. I personally don’t see it happening. This base alone would most likely be able to destroy Ember. Surely U.U.P.P. wouldn’t destroy Ember. Not with all those slaves there. I sure as hell would fight them off from getting the chance. There are a lot of innocent people there that don’t deserve what they are going through. If they even think of killing them...no. I will not let them do it without a fight.

I am going to try and get the Director of this base. I know it will definitely be a lot harder since the security is a little ridiculous. Thankfully the entire place is split in two.

I peek over the edge to see what I am dealing with. The headset Firelight has given me has a visor that goes around my left eye. It’s sort of like glasses but with one half chopped off. Everything I see in my left eye has a slight bluish color. It isn’t so distracting which is fine. I do love it however. It allows me to see things from farther away.

For instance, I can see a few guards on top of different buildings. One of whom is digging into their nose right now. She just wiped it onto her gun. That’s...moving on.

The building that I must break into has two guards at the front entrance. Well obviously I won't be going in that way so no matter. There might be a way behind the building.

I do notice that almost everyone has a weapon in their hands. Even the ones in lab coats are holding pistols. Were they really expecting me? I guess they really are getting scared. Turns out Tanner’s plan worked. I can’t help feeling a little good about myself. I did what he wanted me to do. That feeling quickly goes away after remembering that Kane is being used as blackmail.

I should probably stop staring and start heading down. The sun is low enough for night time to come soon. As soon as night comes I’ll attack.

~~
~~

I push the doors open and find the Director holding a pistol in her hand and staring out the window. She turns to me at first in shock but then she calms down after seeing it’s only me.

“Is something wrong?” She looks a little worried again. “Is he here? Has he been sighted?”

When I nod, her face pales and she turns back to look out the window. “You should tell everyone to be alert and to also make sure their guns are set to stun. I believe it would be best if we could capture him because it-”

“I know what he is to you.” She turns to me but keeps the gun tight to her chest. “Everyone is already put on high alert. They have been since you got here. Everyone knows that we want to capture him. Do not worry about that.” She reaches out and squeezes my shoulder. “I just have to ask that you can help protect this base. I am not sure what he could be after. It could be me for all I know, but I don’t want anyone to think that U.U.P.P. can’t protect themselves anymore.”

I frown at that. It’s true that most planets have been thinking poorly on U.U.P.P. lately. News coverage everywhere is constantly talking about how U.U.P.P. can’t protect themselves. They ask us why they should allow us to protect them when we can’t even protect the highest people in our own ranks. Some planets have even thought of pulling out of whatever help was offered from U.U.P.P. It’s been a rather big mess.

“I am headed to the other side. I should be safe there.” She frowns before starting for the door. “I hope you can get your mate back, Metonian.” She gives a nod and then leaves. Ivette right behind her.

As soon as they are gone, Remy speaks. “Should we stay in here?” I nod.

“He should be coming here. If he is coming for her then Mekaias is coming here.” I can’t help but smile a little. I probably look crazy but I am just so happy that my soulmate is so close. I can just feel that he is in the area with me.

The other day I was having a rather...bad episode. I just couldn’t get the thought out that Mekaias hated me for breaking the promise that he was safe with our squad. I was just so sure that he wouldn’t ever want to be with me or even look at me ever again. I was pretty bitter about it and decided what better way to deal with it than drinking myself to sleep? Unfortunately, In the process I may have said some words I didn’t mean to Remelia.

Since it’s Remelia, she didn’t take the words kindly. She punched me hard in the face and made me fall flat on my ass. “I know you don’t mean what you are saying, Norian.” She had said before grabbing me hard on my shoulder, “but I know how you are feeling about Mekaias. I’ve hear you talking and crying in your sleep. I need you to realize that if he hated you, you wouldn’t be here right now.” After hearing that, I ended up just crying my eyes. It was a pretty pathetic moment for me. The fact that Remelia ended up just hugging me to calm me down didn’t make it feel any more embarrassing.

It was embarrassing and possibly the best thing I ever heard. I guess I am not the smartest and I jump to conclusions rather easily, but just realizing that what she said was true. If he really did hate me then I wouldn’t be here right now. I would be a statue that just stands somewhere, gathering dust. Somehow, someway, Mekaias still loves me. That just changed everything. Well not entirely. We still were stuck and unable to do anything. Thank god we have a chance to do something now. Mekaias is here. He still loves me. I will get him back.

~~
~~

A guard whines and tries to claw and push my legs off of him. They are wrapped around his neck and I am squeezing hard. I had his mouth covered with my hands and grit my teeth hoping he would stop struggling soon.

As soon as he has stopped moving, I stand and move to hide in the room across from him. I was right about the back of the building possibly being my way inside. Well it was guarded but there just so happened to a garbage chute that I could crawl inside. It wasn’t the greatest choice honestly. Four bags of shredded paper smacked me on my face before I had enough and decided to pop out into a room. It happened to be the restroom.

A man had his back to me with his bare ass out and peeing into a toilet. After pushing his head into the metal pipes above the toilet and making my way into the hall, the guard I downed had attacked me from behind.

I’m debating of turning around and running back into the garbage chute but the smell...the smell. I shake my head and instead decide to just look for some stairs. It will definitely be better than the alternative.

I reach the end of the hall and find the stairs. There are a lot of stairs. Thank goodness I have extra stamina.

Enyod said the computer I need is on the 19th floor. The Director should be on the 20th. Seems easy enough. I’m sure I can manage both while I am up there.

I stick to the walls as I go around the stairs. I hear some voices and heavy footsteps. I don’t want them seeing me near the middle handlebar. I keep myself fast and light, barely making a sound as I rush up the stairs.

The voices I hear are soon right about me. I slowly back myself down but their voices start getting higher up. They must be travelling upstairs. That’s good. Easier to sneak up on them. I rush up until I barely see their feet. I slow down a little but keep myself a bit faster than they are going. I ready two knives in the air but quickly change my mind. I will not kill them. I don’t want to kill anyone.

I instead bring power into my hands and feet then prop myself up on the middle handlebar. One of the men talking looks over at me and before he can say anything or even bring up his gun, I pounce up to him and kick him hard across the face. He rolls down the stairs.

His friend barely makes a sound as I punch his legs out from under him and his head hits the stairs. He groans and looks up me. He meets a kick to the face and lays still on the ground. I push both their bodies against the walls and then continue my way up.

I almost run past the 19th floor but stop myself from possibly making any noise. I rest my ear against the door. I hear a few voices. I can only assume they have weapons like everyone else here.

I gently push the door open and I’m greeted to a pink female Syren and two human men in lab coats and their backs to me. I sneak up to the Syren first since she is closest to me. I kick her legs out from behind her and push her head against the table in front of her. She falls to the ground. The other men turn to me in shock and immediately try to pull out their weapons. I push them both to the ground with energy and rush over. I kick one of them in the face and grab his gun out of his hand. I walk to the other and hit him hard on the head with the gun. He gets knocked out. The other one groans and reaches for his friend’s gun at his feet. I just smack him across the face with the gun and he is knocked out as well.

I turn to the computer in front of me and pull the hard drive from my sleeve pocket. The screen comes to life and whoever is connected from Firelight moves the mouse on the screen. It starts going through files and searching for whatever is needed. I wait around for it to finish, keeping an eye on the door.

It takes a few minutes but soon a beep from the hard drive tells me it's ready. I pull it out and pocket it before turning to leave. Time to check for the Director.

I push the door open and start up the stairs. I hear a few people down below but their voices disappear as they turn into whatever floor they were headed into.

As soon as I reach the door, I hear voices coming from the room. Perfect. She’s in there.

“Mekaias,” Alicia’s voice calls, “The Director is headed to the other side of her base. I wouldn't recommend running over right now. If you have the map already then we can just leave now. Teleport whenever.”

Dammit. I was seriously hoping this would be easy. I turn to leave and then hear voices coming closer to the door. I ready blades into the air and wait for the door to open.

~~
~~

“Yeah he’s right below u-” I stop talking and freeze as I see Mekaias standing before us with four blades floating and pointed straight at me. He looks at us in a shock for a split second but the look quickly changes into one of concentration.

“Back away.” He says. God…I’ve missed his voice. I hear Remy and Remelia step backwards. I just stand still with my hands in the air. The blades disappear. He starts backing away slowly.

“Mekaias? I-It’s me! Norian.” I smile and swear I feel my eyes starting to water. I slowly walk towards him. As soon as I get close to him, he jumps up and pushes himself backwards off my chest, kicking me under my chin at the same before he falls into the middle of the stairway. I stumble backwards but quickly right myself and run to look over, fearing he may have just killed himself. He has landed about two floors down on the stairs and is now running down them. We immediately start chasing.

“Why is he running?” Remy says.

“Mekaias, come back!” Remelia shouts.

I am running down the stairs two at a time and I swear he is still going down faster. I peek over and see he has decided to start jumping down from the middle handlebars. Going down about two floors each time. I give a shout of frustration and just keep running. I will not lose him again. I can’t.

I see two men that are unconscious on the stairs but keep going. I refuse to stop right now. I hear different sounds and people screaming. That means Mekaias is using his abilities on people now. Shit.

We reach the ground floor and see people groaning but thankfully nobody appears dead. Instead I hear shouts and gunfire outside now. I immediately run for the door. The two guards who were at the front are running down the street. Gunshots in the distance and shouts from other squads are all that can be heard. Every now and then I hear a explosion and that just makes me nervous.

“He’s headed across the dam! He’s coming for you, Director.” A man shouts into our headsets.

“Well stop him!” She shouts back.

The sound of a car horn to our right sounds off and Remy is sitting in the driver's seat. “Get in!” He shouts. Remelia and I jump onto the back of the truck and Remy starts driving towards the bridge.
The roads along the way are full of downed soldiers and holes from bombs. Why the fuck are they bombing my soulmate? I grit my teeth and feel rage boiling in my chest. Maybe they deserve to get...whatever Mekaias is doing to them that’s leaving them injured. I shake my head and concentrate on trying to get him back.

We finally see him on the bridge, he’s running fast with purple energy floating off his body. A helicopter is seen just on the other side of the bridge, along with six armored vehicles blocking the exit. Armed soldiers are seen ready to shoot.

“Stand still and put your hands in the air!” A voice shouts from the speaker in the helicopter. “Surrender to us and you won’t hu-” Mekaias raises his hand to the air and a ball of energy flies towards the helicopter. I hold my breath as it barely misses, the pilot managing to dodge it in time. Mekaias turns and runs into the dam. I didn’t even know there was a door there.

Remy drives into the middle of the bridge. “Stay here, Remy. We’ll go in after him. We might need you out here if he makes a run for it.” Remy nods before Remelia and I jump out the truck to run inside.

The inside of the dam actually is quite small in this room. It’s tall but not that wide. I see Mekaias just ahead of us. He glaces at us before turning to jump off a wall and push himself higher onto the second floor.

“God that isn’t fair.” I huff and turn to find the stairs. Remelia is already running up them. Her guns are out on her arms. Well no wonder he is running.

“Mekaias! Come back! It’s us, your friends!” Remelia keeps shouting, her voice echoes across from me. I look over and see Remelia has reached Mekaias who has found a window that leads outside to the bridge. They are having a small standoff right now.

“Don’t. Run.” She says, lowering her guns slowly. She reaches a hand out. “Come on, Mekaias. It’s me! You’re friend. You know...Remelia?” She gives a small smile but Mekaias just looks at her as if this was a complete stranger. It scares me. I realized I’ve stopped moving and start walking over. Mekaias continues to stare at her hand before looking over at me. I can’t help the big smile on my face and just walk a little slower, not wanting to scare him off.

“It’s ok, Mekaias.” I say. “We are your friends. Do you not remember us?” Remelia frowns at me and I can see she is confused and possibly a little hurt from this right now. “Come back to us, Mekaias. Let us help you.” I feel my eyes starting to water again but I don’t care.

Mekaias gazes at me with his violet eyes. His ears twitch towards the window and then I know what he’s thinking.

“Do it, Remelia.” I whisper, I hate myself for allowing her to, but I know he wants to run.

She raises her guns to fire. Mekaias turns and jumps out the window before she even has a chance. “Shit!” She shouts. I run past her and stick my head out the window. I almost duck back behind when a gunshot shoots below me.

Mekaias is swinging across the many flag poles that stick out the dam. I want to say it almost looks like I'm watching a circus act but then again, he was in a circus on his home planet. Remy is down on the bridge trying to shoot him with his rifle. He’s only shot once and it was close. Mekaias continues to get closer and closer to the other side of the dam. He’s still trying to get the Director.

Another shot goes off but Mekaias bends his body in a way to avoid being hit.

“You can do it, Remy!” Remelia says into the headset. I hold my breath as Mekaias is just about near the end. Remy shoots and Mekaias creates a split second shield in front of him in the middle of flipping from one pole to the other. At first I think it destroyed the bullet, but then I hear Remy shout down on the bridge. He has fallen over onto the ground and has both his hands covering his forehead. I hear him groaning into his mic.

“He...He reflected his shot.” I whisper in shock. I look back over at Mekaias, who is balanced perfectly on the final flagpole. His eyes are on Remy but as if he can feel mine, he turns to look at me. He furrows his brow before turning to look at the other half of the base that the Director is hiding. The helicopter and other soldiers all have their guns pointed at him.

He gives a nod to himself and then jumps forward and off the flagpole. “Mekaias!” I shout but he disappears into a portal and he’s gone. I feel like it's a little harder to breathe right now.

Moments later, a Firelight ship flies overhead and zips into the sky. It’s dark grey body shimmers until it’s as if you can see through it. It fades into the night sky and it’s gone. Remelia has run down to see to her brother. I can't move. I...I just lost my Mekaias again.

Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 7
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..