Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,445 Words
  • 1,357 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Currently in the works to edit this story before starting the newest book :) apologies for my beginner writing where I didn't believe in spacing my sentences.

Star Crossed: On the Line - 9. Together Again

The door slides open and Enyod walks into my office. He walks in front of my desk and keeps his hands to his sides and his head bowed down. I just give a huff of annoyance and keep eating my food.

He continues to stand there, waiting for me to acknowledge him. I don’t rush at all. I am going to enjoy my damn food. I could care less if the smaller cat has happened to have kill someone.

When I finish, I fold my hands on the table and clear my throat, “What do you want?” I say. Enyod looks up at me, almost in surprise, and finally speaks. Tall bastard.

“Mekaias has decided to stop trying. He claims he doesn’t care if I were to control him.” Enyod says.

I just shrug my shoulders. “And you are telling me this because…?” He looks a little confused, trying to possibly come up with a reason. “Can you control him?” I ask. He nods. “Then what is the issue?”

He moves his head to stare at the ground again. “What if he knows? I have a feeling he knows about his past squad. The last mission has left him...quiet.”

“Then control him if he fights back against us. What is so hard to understand about that? You are to control him if he doesn’t want to do things our way and then we discipline him for it later.” I shake my head and drop my tray into the bin next to my desk.

“I was thinking...maybe you should send someone else for this next mission. It would be easier fo-”

“Have you forgotten that I am helping you? He is to do what I say for as long as I need him to. After I am done with him, then you may ‘free him’ or whatever you want to do.” I glare at the old cat. “The Alentian needs to be the one to do it. I want everyone in the universe to see just how unreliable the United Universal Peace Protection really is. I am going to record the Star Squad execution. Want to know how I am going to do it?” I grin. He looks a little nervous. I think he knows. Good. “You are going to control them and make them kill each other. It is the perfect way for the universe to see their own protectors fall. I can’t wait!”

He stands there for a moment. Possibly unsure of what to do. I just sigh and wave my hand in his direction. He gives a small bow and leaves.

Well I was hoping I would have someone else as excited for this plan as I am. I guess I need to find better people to tell it to. Well all my captains already know the plan. The team he was assigned to knows. Only because I wanted Tony to know. I figured he may have enjoyed the news. He did not seem as excited as me. Well he will learn to eventually.

U.U.P.P. has decided to show us exactly where Star Squad is located. No doubt it is an effort to get their precious Alentian back. Oh they will certainly get him back. I wish I could see how it will play out.

Though, I wonder what state the Alentian will be in after. Surely seeing his old squad would trigger old memories. What if he tries to attack me when he comes back? I can not allow him to ruin all my plans here. I think I will just make sure the pilot puts the bracelets on him when he gets on the ship. Easy. Though I think I will put him back in his cage when he returns. Sure he will miss the deaths of his friends but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make. Enyod thinks I will be letting him kill the little Alentian but no. I never share my kills. He killed my best friend, so I will kill his and then kill the little runt myself. Enyod after of course.

~~
~~

Today was a bit of a surprise. Sadia and Gabriel aren’t here. Instead Tony, Alicia, and Dozer have arrived. Based on how nervous Tony looks, I can guess that they are not supposed to be in here.

I just frown at them as they walk to the glass. I actually see Dozer shiver as he looks at me. Good to know I disgust him. Always something nice to realize.

I stand and move to sit further from the glass wall. That happens to be the corner of my bed.

“Mekaias,” Alicia rests her hand on the glass, “We...we want to help you. A lot of people do, actually. I think I can say that your time here has affected their views of others that are not human. They do not like how you are being treated, nor do they like what is about to be done to you.” I frown at that. About to be done to me?

“What do you mean? What is about to be done?” I cross my arms hug myself. I think I have an idea of what is about to happen. It’s finally going to happen. I’ve wanted it for some time too. I am ready.

Alicia seems to struggle with her words and so Tony decides to talk for her. “They are going to make you capture your old squad. Tanner wants to have them kill each other. I have a feeling he may even want you to kill them as well.” My...old squad? I don’t have an old squad. This is the only group of people I’ve met since Utrio. I thought I was going to die tomorrow. Why must they keep delaying me that?

They must see the look on my face because Tony sighs. “We were never your squad. I…” He frowns to himself and takes a deep breath before continuing, “I captured you.” I almost laugh at that. I know I probably sound full of myself, but I know I could easily beat Tony any day at any time.

“I don’t believe you.” I simply say, though I am not too confident saying it. Tanner did say that my memories were being kept with Enyod. Why wouldn’t I believe them? I’ve seen the picture of myself with those other people. Surely they are telling the truth. So why can’t I see it being possible? Pretty sure nobody ever has memories that look like moving paintings. Even now, any past missions with the team is only made of paint. The only clear one is the last mission we did together. Why is my brain telling me that they are lying? It should be obvious yet I keep telling myself it is a lie.

“Oh it is very real. You are about to get your friends killed. Not only that, but you are about to kill your lover. Check the picture under your bed.” I frown but reach down to get it. I haven’t really touched or looked at it. It creeps me out seeing something I just know I haven’t done. Though I do feel as if I was there. It’s...confusing and it hurts my head.

I open the picture but don’t really look at it. I just kind of stare through it. “Look at it.” Tony says, surprisingly calm. I sigh and finally look at it. Taking in the bizarre feeling of seeing myself but not at all feeling that it is me. I don’t remember ever smiling like that. Why would I ever smile like that? Everyone else looks happy too. I don’t know these people at all.

“The Metonian is your...soulmate.” Alicia says. I just shake my head. I'm going to assume that's the rock man. Sure he’s handsome, the way he’s staring at me makes me feel things but I do not know this man. Why should I care if I am just going to be killing these people? I know Tanner said I would be going after my old friends. I guess this is them, but why should I care for people I do not know?

Sure he my be my ‘soulmate’ but clearly he hasn’t tried hard enough to get to me. Sure I saw him the other day at the base with the dam, and yes I did run from him, but still. I am pretty sure a soulmate would try a little harder. Even if I am making it difficult. Also if he was my soulmate then how could he allow me to get captured? Wouldn’t I be perfectly safe with him? This is just ridiculous to think about. Sure he may have been something to me before but clearly it’s over. For all of them.

I just shrug my shoulders and look up at them. “So what?” Is all I say. I drop the picture onto the ground and rest my head on the wall.

Alicia actually looks a little hurt by that. She just stares at the picture on the floor and bites her lip. Tony actually looks pissed. Apparently he’s pissed that I don’t care for being on the enemy’s side. Ever since we came back from the mission where I was chased by androids, he has been pissed that I was there on his team. I just can’t make this idiot happy no matter what I do. Dozer is just busy being Dozer and is staying out of it. He thinks kicking on the ground is more interesting than whatever this is. I couldn’t agree more.

“You may leave.” I say with a huff of breath before turning to lay down on the cold bed. I hear them all sigh and move to leave.

Before they leave I hear Alicia say, “It’s Enyod. He’s done something to make him not care about all this. We have to do something.” I frown at that. That couldn’t be true. Surely these thoughts are my own right now. He’s busy with Tanner. Why would he constantly be in my head if he has better things to do?

I shiver at that thought. The idea that someone is constantly poking around in my mind is not the greatest thing to think about.

~~
~~

“This shit sucks. This thing scares all the hot ones off. Damn you, Mekaias!” Remy groans in bed. He has a gigantic bruise on his forehead. The bullet that Mekaias reflected left quite the mark.

“If it helps, now I have a bullseye for me to use when I want to punch you.” Remelia smiles and pushes her brother’s shoulder. He pushes back at her and then they get into the usual fighting.

I roll my eyes. “Can you both stop? I’m trying to think.” I mean, I could honestly be fine with their fighting in the background. I am very much used to it after all, but god it's extra annoying today.

We have decided to leave our location open. We are hoping that Mekaias will find his way to us. It’s pretty damn risky, but we are pretty desperate now. Two other squads have decided to join us in case it goes badly and he tries anything. It hurts to think he would but it could be a possibility.

I pick up my bag and decide to just eat something. I need something to calm my nerves. It’s been days since we’ve given away our location. Surely he should have come by now. I am starting to think he won’t be arriving at all. Maybe they think it is a trap. I mean it kind of is. Can it really be called a trap? It is honestly more along the lines of ‘stealing my soulmate back’, but I guess to them it sounds like a trap.

I will say that I am more worried about him since the last time I saw him. He feels more...empty. I don’t know what they are doing or what he is thinking about, but I desperately need to get to him.

Shouting outside grabs my attention. The siblings and I run out of the hangar. The other two squads stand next to us and stare at the sky. It’s night time right now so I just see a bunch of stars.

“Do you see that?” Someone says, pointing out something in the sky. I get close to them and follow their finger. Then I see it.

There is a small purple dot in the sky. At first I think it’s a star but I’ve never seen a purple star here. I keep staring at it and then it starts to move. It starts to get bigger and closer. A bright purple light shines and then a smaller purple dot breaks away from it. I frown and keep watching. What is that? The smaller dot starts to grow bigger and bigger and then I realize what it is.

“Look out!” I shout and push whoever is close to me to move.

An explosion of purple energy hits a few of the squad members and they go flying. They land about ten feet from the explosion but don’t get up. I run to one of them and see they have a pulse. I run to check another but the other purple dot is coming closer. It moves around in the sky and then it begins to drop straight to the ground.

A explosion of purple energy erupts from it then smoke and dust begins to spread everywhere. A purple circle shines in the smoke and it disappears. I wave away dust from in front of me and squint to see better. My heart is pounding. Two bright glowing blades shine bright through the smoke and dust and then a black figure begins to slowly walk towards us.

Soon the dust and smokes clears enough to finally see his face. Mekaias is walking slowly with two blades in his hands that are extended from his sides. The violet energy shines over his skin and even makes his eyes glow. Honestly with the smoke behind him...he looks beautiful. Scary, but beautiful.

He raises one hand and throws his blade. I freeze and hear a body thud to the ground. He throws the other blade and then keeps summoning more to throw. Everyone is screaming and trying to run back to the hangar to get their weapons. I run with them as well. Bodies keep dropping and screams keeps cutting off. It’s terrifying. He’s killing us!

I see Remy and Remelia running up to Mekaias. What are they doing? I run to go after them but they fall to the ground. They have strange metal circles on their foreheads. Their bodies twitch around on the floor before they go limp. What? I have my ax in my hand but I just can’t move.

Six of squad members are shooting at Mekaias. He just summons a shield and reflects the bullets. Thank god those are only set to stun. Two fall onto the ground, groaning in pain. One runs up to Mekaias and tries to grab him. He rolls backwards and then his fists glow purple. He only uppercuts the guy once and he goes flying and crashes into another member.

Mekaias keeps his shield in front of him and sprints for them. I blink and run after him. He pounces and pushes one woman onto the ground. She screams and tries to shoot him but he just punches her hard on the side of the head. The remaining two drop their weapons and try to fight him. I keep running, desperate to get to him.

They manage to get a few hits in on Mekaias but he just growls and summons a longstaff. He swings and it hits one of them hard in the head. He drive the staff into the ground and lifts himself to launch him in the air. The final man stares with wide eyes as Mekaias rears his fist back and brings it down hard as he falls on top of him. I stop running and find that I can’t move. Mekaias rolls his shoulder and looks back at me. He summons two blades in his hands and starts walking towards me.

“I don’t want to fight you, Starshine.” I say. He actually looks a surprised at that. Was it because of the name? I drop my ax and just stand there.

He throws his blades to the ground but they disappear before touching the stone. “Fight. Back.” He says. He runs at me and rears his fist to punch. I raise to arm to block. I try to grab his arm but he dodges away. He tries to punch again but I just push his arm away. He tries to kick and I push that away with my other hand. He isn’t using his magic so I don’t understand what he is trying to do right now.

“Fight me!” He screams and pounces into the air. I manage to grab him and just decide to hug him tight. He goes completely still for a moment and I swear I feel him hug me back. His ears tickle my neck and chin. Then he growls and knees me in the groin. It didn’t hurt too much, thank you battle form, but I could very much feel it. He pushes himself back and glares at me.

He huffs through his nose and then runs for me. I expected him to pounce again but instead he kicks me in the stomach. This time with magic, and god it hurt. I groan and try to bring some air back. He spins and swings his leg and it hits me right in the face. I stumble back and growl. I don’t want to hit him but he’s really pushing it. He just gives a grin. How the hell is he enjoying this? Why the hell is he doing this?

“I am not going to fight you, Mekaias.” I huff. He frowns and then jabs his fist into my chest. I stumble back again but manage to grab his arm. This time I spin him around and grab him from behind. He whines and tries to pull my arms off.

“Let go! Fight me for real!” He shouts and even tries biting my fingers. I doesn’t hurt. He huffs and then I feel a pain in my foot. I grunt and happen to loosen my arms. He slips down through my arms and between my legs. He kicks his foot up and it hits me in the ass and pushes me forward, almost causing me to trip.

I turn to look to look at him and I actually see tears falling from his eyes. “Mekaias,” I whisper, “please let me hel-.” He launches himself at me and throws his punches. I push them away with both hands but then he puts magic in his knee and launches himself up and hits me hard in my chest. We both fall on my back, his knee pressed onto my chest. I move to get up but then a purple blade is pressed to my neck. He pants above me and the smell of spices invades my nose. I missed that smell. Even if it brings a awkward problem. His eyes shine with tears and he sniffs.

“Fight back, please.” He whispers the last word and we both just stare into each others eyes.

I just shake my head, though that’s a little tricky with a blade pressed to your neck. “I’m sorry,” I say with a sad smile, “I’m sorry I failed you.” He just continues to stare at me but shakes his head as if clearing his thoughts. “I didn’t protect you like I promised I would.”

He lets out a small sob but closes his eyes. “Please.” he whispers. I slowly bring my hands up to rest them on his thighs. “Let go and fight back!” He practically screams but his tears don’t stop falling.

“It’s ok.” I simply say with a smile. “I won’t be mad.” I risk it and raise my hand to run against his cheek, trailing the tattoo. I even run a finger against the beads. He shivers and leans into the touch. He even closes his eyes. Then he go still, as if he has frozen over.

He opens his eyes again, his face completely blank. The blade disappears and he raises his fist, it glows purple. I close my eyes and wait for it. “It’s ok, Mekaias.” I whisper. “I love you.”

Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Sad 9
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

8 minutes ago, JujuTheDruid said:

I swear I don't take joy in this. 😅 

Lies. You and your kind(authors)  rub yourselves off on our cries of frustration. Lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..