Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 2,584 Words
  • 1,184 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Currently in the works to edit this story before starting the newest book :) apologies for my beginner writing where I didn't believe in spacing my sentences.

Star Crossed: On the Line - Prologue. A Drop of Red

Mekaias

Cool air brushes against me as I jump from building to building in the city of Sector 4.

I am going after George. I wasn’t going to let someone get away with what he has done to me.

Never again.

He will die.

Norian had come back in the morning with Kane and they immediately knew that George had run off to join Firelight.

He is waiting at a ‘safe house’ inside the city.

To think it was so close to U.U.P.P. was frightening to them.

I had asked when we’d go after him and Kane had simply said that we weren’t; that he was our friend and we’d let him go peacefully.

I will not let that happen!

Norian immediately could tell that something had happened, mainly because I told him that I need to kill George.

He said this wasn’t something I should kill him for.

I almost told him what George did to me, but I know he would come with me if I did.

This is my kill; not his.

So, I’ve snuck out and I am on my way to George.

He was stupid enough to keep his phone for a time. We know where the safe house is.

Norian gave me a map to follow since he knew he couldn’t change my mind.

He of course offered to join me. I said no.

He is using a drone to keep an eye on me however. I really don’t want him to but I guess that’s the least I can give him.

The sun is barely peeking over the horizon. I’ll wait for it to be night before I go in.

I’m not sure what I’ll be going against but I’m sure I can handle it.

I’ll fight my hardest to get to George.

I can’t really help the tears that sometimes decide to fall on my way there. I even have to stop on some buildings to keep from possibly falling since my vision is not being the best right now.

Why would he do this to me? I thought we were friends!

I tried being nice to him when the others barely even talked to him. Pretty sure Remy only talked to him to have someone to game with.

George even taught me to swim. What did I do to deserve this?

He said it was partly my fault for choosing Norian. What did Norian do to make George do this to me?

I didn’t even realize I had a choice in the matter.

I rub on the small pouch attached to my necklace. The piece of Norian’s horn is smooth inside.

I know he most likely didn’t do anything. George and him had their differences towards each other. Surely he didn’t ever think George would do something like this.

Yet to join Firelight, does that mean he hates us? Specifically Remelia, Norian, and I?

He seemed nice to me.

No, he wanted me to be with him. Romantically I think.

It sure didn’t feel like it was supposed to be romantic.

I should have known from before not to trust anyone. I told myself not to trust them and now look what happened. I’m stupid for ignoring what was right.

I wipe my eyes and continue on.

I eventually stand on a building in front of his safe house. It looks like a giant version of the house that I live in with the squad.

It’s about two stories tall but still very wide and grand. Must be one fancy safe house.

I see a few humans standing outside in business suits. They look a little funny. They do have guns however.

Were they expecting me? How could they possibly been expecting me? Maybe this is normal behavior for them.

Either way, they will all die.

If they are going to hide George inside, they deserve it as much as he does.

~~
~~

George

“Are you sure this is enough? I’ve seen him fight his way into a pretty well guarded place before!”

I bite on my nails as I speak to the one in charge here.

There are only really a handful of guards here. Honestly maybe Mekaias won’t even be on his way here. He could still be passed out from the oranges I squeezed into his hot chocolate.

I did put about two oranges just to be sure.

“We’ll be fine. There are about fifteen people here. All armed. If you want, I’ll let you hold this.”

The captain hands me a tablet that shows a map of the area. Red dots blink and move around the building and the gardens outside.

“The red dots are all our people. If the dots disappear, then that is bad news. Besides, we leave in about four hours. You have nothing to worry about.”

The map of guards helps calm me a little bit.

I hope Mekaias doesn’t come for me. I really did care for him. I wouldn’t want him to possibly get hurt or killed.

I am in a room on the middle of the top floor. There are about six guards up here. I should be perfectly fine.

Soon I will be in Firelight and everything will eventually be okay. Maybe then I could be with people that actually appreciate me.

The money they offered was also a nice bonus.

I honestly should have known that aliens would stick together against me. How Remy got to be friendly with them is beyond me.

Mekaias was nice to me I guess. Pretty sure it was more because he felt bad for me than anything. His choosing of Norian was a bit of a slap to the face.

I could’ve swore he was sending me a message when he came to the pool in panties and nothing else. Maybe even for talking to me in general.

What have I done?

I sigh and drink a bit of water and keep an eye on the map. Maybe I could get some sleep?

~~
~~

Mekaias

Night is finally here.

I look down at three guards circling around the front of the house.

Let’s begin.

I jump off the roof and into a small portal.

I teleport from below a guard and kick him straight in the face. He falls onto the ground and earns a knife to the forehead.

'Another guard ahead of us turns to see what happened and immediately lifts his gun.

I form a shield and as soon as he shoots, the bullets are reflected back and he falls to the ground, twitching.

Interesting.

I throw a knife into his back just to be safe.

The last guard runs over to me with a stick that seems to buzz with electricity. That sounds annoying.

I hope none of the others inside have that.

He swings at me and I turn to the side, dodging it.

I pounce over him and summon a knife to stab into the back of his head.

He manages to dodge and rolls away from me.

I throw the knife and he dodges that.

I teleport to where he moves and create another knife to place into his neck.

He falls down dead.

I turn to the house entrance and walk up the steps to go inside.

~~
~~

George

Beeping comes from the tablet by my head and wakes me instantly.

I look over and see a dot stop flickering as soon as I pick it up.

Mekaias is outside right now! Shit!

Maybe there are more people as well? I seriously doubt it though.

I get up and run to find the captain.

“Captain! He’s here.” I show him the tablet as another red dot stops flickering. Beeping sounds off and the red dot disappears.

“Dammit,” He says and runs out the room.

“Stay in there!” He calls as he shuts the door.

It’s a room with cameras of the safe house.

I look on the screens and see Mekaias walking through the front entrance. He looks pretty angry.

A purple staff in his hand swings into the side of a guard’s neck. A blade forms at the end and the guard’s head falls to the floor away from the body.

I know there is a screen at the entrance that I can hopefully talk to him through.

I should try and convince him to leave.

I look through the controls until I find an area with a sign showing which monitors can be used. I press a button for the one at the front entrance and a camera in front of my face has it’s red light come on.

I see Mekaias freeze and stare right into the screen.

“Mekaias?" I say hesitantly. "I-I don’t know what came over me honestly. I didn’t want that to happen! I swear I wasn’t there when it all happened!"

He stares at the screen, not at all showing any emotion.

“I’m sorry! I truly am! You should go, Mekaias! There are a lot of guards here that could hurt you. You should run while you ca-” He raises the staff and stabs the monitor. The video turns into a black screen.

Dammit.

I hide behind a giant desk and pull the tablet onto my lap.

I hear gunfire and screaming. Dots on the map start going out one by one.

~~
~~

Mekaias

A guard’s cries stop as a blade from my long-staff cuts into his chest.

I start walking down the hall and find two guards with the guns aimed in my direction.

I got hit in the leg from the last guard.

These bullets are different from the ones I've seen. They don’t pierce through. They just shock me until I pull them off.

I turn back for cover as they begin shooting.

A guard begins running in my direction with another of those sticks of electricity. He swings at my head and I duck down.

He grabs my arm and twists me to pin me against the wall.

I grunt at the impact and allow energy to burst out behind me. The man goes flying behind me and crashes through a window.

The other two guards with guns come from around the corner. I grab one of their guns and pull them close to knee them in the crotch.

He falls to the ground.

I jump off his back and swing a kick into the other’s face. He falls to the ground as well.

I summon two knives and throw them both at their bodies.

They stop moving instantly.

I keep moving through the house. Anyone that comes in my path dies. Some even try to run away but they don’t even have a chance to leave the house.

I’m finally on the top floor and six guards begin shooting in my direction.

Six against one doesn’t seem entirely fair.

I throw a few knives from behind a wall.

Pretty sure I hit some of them.

Their firing hasn’t exactly stopped or slowed down though.

I create a small ball of energy in my hand and hurl it at them. As soon as it touches the floor at their feet, it explodes and the six are thrown at the walls and out windows.

I start walking towards their bodies, checking to make sure none are alive.

When I am sure they are all dead, a big man walks out into the hall.

He has two of those electric sticks.

“Come on then!” He yells and starts barreling towards me.

As soon as he gets close I step aside and push him out the window with energy.

He gives a rather high pitched scream as he falls but he instantly goes quiet with a thud.

I look out the window and see he has been impaled on the fences below. He struggles for a bit before going still.

I turn to the room he came out of.

I don’t even open it properly. I destroy it with energy.

The door shatters into pieces and the chips of it fly inside.

I hear a rather pathetic scream at that.

“Come out, George,” I say in a voice that sounds like its enjoying this too much.

“I-I’d rather not,” I hear his voice shudder.

I raise my hand at the desk. The middle burns purple and then it shatters and separates on both sides of the room.

George stands up and backs himself against the wall. He is crying hard, as if that will stop me.

I start walking slowly towards him. Just taking my time to savor this moment.

“Mekaias, please!” He chokes on a sob. “I’m so sorry! I swear I don’t know what came over me! It was like I was watching myself! I wouldn’t ever want to do that to you!”

He shrinks against the wall.

“I don’t care,” I simply say.

I finally reach him and softly lay my hand on his cheek. He is trembling like crazy.

I do love that I can strike fear in men like this, but these aren’t men. These are cowards.

I run the claws on my other hand along his cheek.

He shivers and tries to turn his face away from my touch. I grip it hard with one hand, digging the claws into his chin and cheek.

He gives a loud whimper and just starts to cry harder.

He starts whispering that he is sorry over and over again. I almost want to stop what I’m doing, but I refuse to let someone who has betrayed me like this live.

“Goodbye, George,” I say as I feel magic slip through my fingers and underneath his skin.

The tears on his cheek start to sizzle and burn off into steam. His skin starts to glow from the inside. A pink glow that continues to grow brighter and brighter.

I turn away from him and start walking out the door.

I hear him start screaming in agony. Noises of his struggle begin. He must be knocking all kinds of things over.

He keeps screaming and screaming until a loud bang goes off. Some blood even flies out the room.

With a sigh, I start walking down the stairs to the first floor.

This one isn’t as satisfying as the one with King Talemo. I am happy with this though.

This is definitely the last time someone has their way with me again. I told myself that last time. I simply didn’t have my guard up. Never will this happen again.

I don’t very much like killing people, but these people deserve it. Especially George.

I don’t care if he felt bad about it now. He never should have done it or let it cross his mind. I was a friend to him and he betrayed me.

I start walking out the entrance and then I hear a loud bang in the building under construction in front of me.

I look around for where the sound went off.

A small flicker of light reflected off glass is all I see before I feel a sharp pain in my head and then I'm knocked over onto my back.

The last thing I see is the drone Norian was controlling being shot out of the sky.

~~
~~

???

“We’ve got him now, Tanner. The plan worked. He took the bait pretty easily.” I say into my phone.

I start packing the gun away.

“Good. Bring him in. Enyod will start working on him,” Tanner’s voice answers.

Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..