Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,470 Words
  • 1,125 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Currently in the works to edit this story before starting the newest book :) apologies for my beginner writing where I didn't believe in spacing my sentences.

Star Crossed: On the Line - 11. Reconnecting the Dots

“What is this?” I frown and lift up what used to be my clothes. They only gave me one outfit that is entirely the same shade of grey and just threw me in here. Now it has a bunch of holes and pieces cut out. Even one of my socks are now missing the part that would cover my toes.

“Put it on.” The guard sighs and motions with his gun to hurry up.

I roll my eyes and put on my 'clothes.' The entire left side of the shirt is pretty much gone. The only thing keeping it all from falling is the bottom hem and the right strap of the tank top. The right side doesn’t look any better honestly. Just holes everywhere. Bullet holes. Did these assholes shoot it while I was gone? I can tell they cut it up as well but did they really have to waste perfectly useful bullets on my clothes? This is ridiculous.

My shorts didn’t take that much damage. It at least covers up what is needed. I don’t harm myself anymore so I do not have to worry about anyone finding scars on my thighs. I am honestly just more annoyed than angry. The four guards are all standing around me with smug grins on their faces. Jerks.

They push me into my room and then lock the door.

I sigh and just move to rest against the back wall. Occasionally running my fingers either against the bracelets or the bulge in my necklace.

I lean my head back to get some rest but instead loud voices come from the door that leads into the room outside.

I stand and walk closer to the glass wall to hear better. It’s Alicia.

“I only want to check on him.” I hear her say.

“You are not allowed here.” A guard says.

“You didn’t stop me last time.”

“That was not us last time. Thank you for telling us by the way. You should leave, Alicia. I don’t want to report to Tanner that you were sticking your nose into things you shouldn’t”

I hear Alicia sigh in annoyance and then she starts to walk away. “I will be back!” I hear her shout down the hallway.

I move back to my spot against the wall and lean my head back to rest again. She should really stop trying to talk to me. She’s pushing it too far and now she got Sadia and Gabriel in trouble. I wish they were here. I need Sadia’s movies right now. I need the distraction.

Last mission was strange. Strange and...scary. I knew the rock man. I could tell that I knew him. I...did not want to bring him here. Any of them. He just would not fight back. Idiot.

I hug my knees and rest my head on them. Stupid idiot. He only had to hit me once and then I could have prevented...whatever they are going through right now. I know it’s probably too much to ask but I really hope they are ok. Maybe I could have convinced Tanner to lock them up with Kane. I would have done anything he asked if it meant keeping them from harm.

I actually tried to stop. I thought of walking away. Teleporting to Alicia empty handed and saying that they got away. Enyod put a stop to that idea quickly. He has never been so aggressive before. I could tell he put a lot of power to control me from Ember. Yet, I could feel as if I could break free of it. I am not sure why but I felt like I could fight back. I wanted to. In the end I couldn’t.

The rock one told me he loved me. I felt something inside me that was open to it. I don’t know what it was. I know I’ve never felt it before. Have I? I bite my lip and run a claw along the edge on one of the bracelets. It falls to the ground. I freeze.

The other falls as well.

The loud sounds of the metal bracelets hitting the floor causes the guards to turn to look at me. They all freeze and their eyes go wide.

I look at down at the bracelets in confusion, then a pain in my head begins to burn.

Waves upon waves of memories begin to fly into my brain. Finding Kane in the Sacred Cavern. Falling on Norian and crushing him into the ground. Taking the picture with the squad. Norian and I being soulmates. George. Fucking George. Killing George! Remembering it feels as amazing as it did before. Oh but it doesn’t even compare to killing King Talemo and his two monsters!I feel my eyes water from remembering another memory.

M-my Ma’tiem, being thrown to...Tanner, as a prize. Rage instantly boils in my chest.

It’s all back. Everything is all back. How it is all back, I don’t know, nor do I care. I know who I am going after now.

Oh shit, wait! Norian! He comes first.

I stand up slowly and the guards raise their guns to me. Firelight. I smirk and raise my hands to point at the glass. My hands glow bright with energy and the glass explodes into thousands of pieces. I summon a shield to protect me. The guards don’t even manage to scream in time before they are enveloped in a bright violet fire.

I walk out of the glass cell and walk towards the door that leads out the room and into the hallway. As soon as I open the door, I am greeted to Alicia. She stands with a gun trained on me. Instantly she lowers her hand.

“Are...are you finally back?” She asks.

“Why do you care?” I ask, lifting my chin. She’s a little taller than me but I can still look menacing if I try. Even if Norian says I can’t. Or said. No, he's alive. He better be.

“I-I…,” She glances behind her shoulder before taking a deep breath, “I want to help you. So does Tony and Dozer. Along with a handful of Captains and a little under half of Firelight’s soldiers.”

I frown at that. Gunfire behind her echos down the hallway. “What happening?” I ask.

“As I said before,” She turns and motions for me to follow before she starts jogging down the hallway, “We are trying to help. That and I think a lot of people are over Tanner’s ways.”

I follow her but instead start to run faster. I need to get to Norian and the squad. God I was so stupid. No. It was Enyod. He did this shit to me. I am going to find him and make him pay.

I sprint past Alicia and run for the fence that looks down into the execution area.

“The one’s wearing white sleeves are on our side!” Alicia shouts behind me.

I search through the bodies that litter the floor. Gunfire is being shot from both sides of the buildings. I freeze when I see Enyod’s body on the ground. He’s the only one here that wears a stupid robe. He...He isn’t moving. Is he dead? I feel a bit disappointed that it wasn't me who got the chance to kill him.

I keep looking around him and then I see him. I practically lean over the edge and scream his name as loud as I can. I see him freeze and slowly look behind him. I feel tears starting to grow in my eyes and just give a small laugh to myself. Norian instantly turns for the ground floor entrance and runs my way.

I push away from the fence and run to the stairwell.

~~
~~

Holy shit! They just saw each other! Mekaias has his memories back! Is it weird I am excited for this? Probably. They were my enemies and now I am rooting for them to get together. I am supposed to get my aircraft and take them off the planet but Mekaias immediately ran off.

I could always fly down but it's too dangerous to land down there at the moment. That and also I really want to see this. The buildings have a boxy C-Shape so I get to watch them from a distance. I promised Tony I would stay out of the fighting.

The unfortunate thing about this building compared to the other, is that there isn’t an elevator. Instead there are stairs that are on the end of each floor. However the stairs only go up one floor. You have to cross the room to reach the other set of stairs. It’s a very stupid building that Tanner constantly said he’d change. It has been like this ever since I joined. Apparently it was created by some idiot who thought we needed something 'different.'

Norian has reached the second floor and is fighting his hardest through any Firelight members that cross his way. He swings his machete at anyone who gets to close and shoots anyone who even looks at him. Some people surrender and put their hands in the air. Norian doesn’t even acknowledge them and just runs right past them.

Mekaias is a little different. He isn’t sparing anyone. He dances his way through groups of Firelight. Flashes of purple surround him or his enemies. Slicing through them or throwing them over the edge. It’s a bit scary seeing him this way. He never seemed to have wanted to kill anyone before. I guess we may have pushed that on him.

Screams from above and loud gunshots from below are all that I can hear. Both just seem so desperate and it makes me feel awful for having anything to do with Mekaias’ kidnapping. Let alone him being mind controlled.

Finally the screaming and gunfire has stopped. Nobody else is out. They all must have possibly hidden in the rooms. Mekaias and Norian sprint through the last set of stairs and then they have made it. They have reached the same floor.

They both freeze as they stand about thirty feet from each other. They stare at each other for what feels like a minute but then they slowly start walking towards the other.

Mekaias shakes his head and then starts running for Norian. Norian freezes and raises his hands, as if he is afraid? Mekaias closes the distance and almost slams into Norian. Mekaias jumps into Norian’s arms, and latches onto him with his arms and legs.

I smile and give a small nod before moving to go up the stairway to the roof.

~~
~~

“I’ve missed you so much.” I whisper and keep my head buried into Norian’s neck. “I’m so sorry I hurt you. I hurt so many people.” I feel tears begin to fall and I move one arm away to wipe them away.

Norian tries to pull my arms off but I just tighten my grip. I don’t ever want to let him go.

“Shh, Starshine,” He rubs his hand on my back and kisses the top of my head. “I’m just so happy to have you back.” He sounds like he’s about to cry.

I look up and see his eyes are shiny. I lean up and press my lips to his. “I love you.” I whisper. “I promise I won’t go out alone again! I-I don’t want to lose you!” I bury my face into his neck and he tightens his arms around me.

“I’m sorry I broke my promise to you.” He says. I just shake my head.

“Shut up.” I say with a sigh.

He pulls back with a smile before leaning down to kiss me. “Let’s go home.”

“Yes! Can we please go home!” I peek behind Norian and see Remelia and Remy standing with Tony and Dozer. That is...really weird to see. I missed those two more than anything. Well, maybe not as much as Norian, but it is a close second.

I jump off of Norian and rush to hug Remelia and Remy. We all give a nice warm group hug and I sigh.

“Man, I missed your little self.” Remy grins and rubs the top of my head. I just smile and then feel Norian come up behind me.

“How do we get out of here?” Remelia asks.

“Alicia has the aircraft.” Tony says, “We just need to get you up there and we’re all set.”

I frown. I bite my lip and look up at Norian behind me.

“What?” He asks and hugs me tight.

“I had so many chances to avenge my mother.” I shake my head and glare out at nothing. “He’s here. I know he is. I need to find him.”

“Mekaias, I really don’t know if you should risk that right now.” Dozer actually says that.

“He’s at Bridgehome.” Tony says, butting in. I simply nod before starting for the stairs.

“Whoa whoa whoa!” Norian reaches out and grabs me by the hand. “I am not losing you again. You said you weren’t going alone anymore. I am going with you.” He grins.

“Me too!” The siblings say at the same time.

“I don’t want you all to get hurt again. Look what I have already done!” I wave my hand at the mess that is everything right now.

Norian just shrugs. “This is my fault anyways.” I glare at him and he laughs before kissing my cheek.

“Don’t say that again.” I say. “I need to get something from my room. That is...if I didn't destroy it on accident. I’ll meet you guys down at the execution circle.”

“That’s what it’s called?” Remelia shivers.

“Oh and do you know where they have Kane held?” I ask Tony. He looks at me confused. “The Director they held hostage? You know...who they blackmailed me with.”

He seems to know who I’m talking about and glances at each of the squad.

“Uh...they never held him hostage. Yo-I mean, Enyod killed him. The day he arrived. ” He closes his mouth tight after saying that and glances away.

I...I killed Kane? I look at my squad and see they aren’t sad looking at all. Well they do look sad but clearly not enough. This is fucking Kane were talking about.

Norian reaches out to me but I push back against his chest. “Why aren’t any of you sad? I killed our friend!” I wrap my arms around myself and squeeze tight. I feel like I’m about to throw up.

“We made our peace already with that.” Norian says before resting a hand on my shoulder. “We could only assume the worst.”

How could they mourn over someone they weren’t even sure is dead? Someone...that I killed. My own friend. The one that helped me and my mother. I clench my hands into fists to stop the shaking.

“I’m going to kill him.” I say before turning to the stairs that lead to my room. Norian follows. “I need to be alone for a moment.” I say before turning to him. I can tell he doesn’t trust separating at all at the moment. I sigh then reach up to rest my hand on his cheek. “I’ll be back this time. I promise.” He nods and kisses my palm, before I turn to leave.

I need my suit. I’m not going after Tanner in whatever this mess of clothes is. I also need to think about everything that’s happened. Alone.

~~
~~


This “Execution Circle” is like a war zone right now. There are soldiers in grey uniforms that constantly keep coming. Somehow tables have been thrown down here and are now being used for cover. Who knew these people could easily kill each other as fast as a flip of a switch.

I keep looking behind us to check on Mekaias’ building. What is he doing up there? He looked like he was in the biggest fight with his clothes barely hanging off of him. Yet not a single scratch was on him. Was he abused the whole time he was here? That thought alone just makes me angry.

Anyone who tries to run through the stage area instantly gets shot down from the other side. Lucky for me, I have my battleform to help.

I push it out as far as it can go, a nice shell of rock covering my body. I vault over the table and sprint to the other side with my gun pointed forward. Instantly everyone else in white sleeves runs behind me. Bullets hit me but I don’t feel a thing.

Bodies of enemy Firelight start dropping to the ground. I vault over their barricade and swing out with my machete. Instantly they begin to run back. Some even fall to their knees and lift their hands up in surrender. A few of the people on our side chase after the runaways. I help restrain anyone who had surrendered.

I look back to Mekaias’ building and see he is about two floors up and it crouched behind a corner that lead's into a room. About three Firelight members in full grey uniforms are standing with their guns in their hands. They don’t seem to know he is there. I run towards his building. I don’t even stop as I see him start sprinting towards them.

He leaps in the air and swings his foot forward and it collides with the side of a woman’s head. She instantly is knocked over the fencing and falls to the ground. I don’t bother looking at where she falls. I don’t really want to see that.

The two others instantly raise their guns to fire at him. He throws a blade and it lands right in the forehead of one. His other hand glows and the gun in the other’s hands shatters into pieces. The guard yells and then pulls a knife out.

They run towards each other and Mekaias spins before throwing his fist towards the man’s head. The guard blocks it and swipes his knife at Mekaias. He bends backwards and lifts his leg to kick at the man’s face. He stumbles back and swipes at his nose. He is bleeding.

The guard throws himself at Mekaias, blade aimed for his head, but he simply dances his way around him and then creates a bright violet rope that locks around his neck. He man looks down at the rope in shock before Mekaias runs up to him and seems to walk off of him before launching himself over the edge.

I cry out and run for where Mekaias is falling. He grips the rope in one hand and the man above holds onto the fence, trying to keep himself from flying over the edge. He tries to cut the rope with the blade in his hand, but it doesn't seem to work at all.

Just before Mekaias hits the floor with his feet, the rope jerks to a stop and he swings in my direction. The guard two floors up has his neck at a crooked angle on the fence, his body an anchor for Mekaias.

He lets go of the rope and lands right on my shoulders. He is as light as a feather. The memory of being crushed by magic when we met sparks in my mind. Yeah this time it's very different.

“I’m back!” He smiles above me.

“Show off.” I grin and he jumps off of me. He is wearing the suit that we saw the first time from the drone. He has a backpack on as well. Instantly something sticks out to me and I reach my hand out for his neck.

“You kept it with you this whole time?” I ask with a smile. I run my finger along the small pouch and then lean down to kiss his head.

“Of course I did.” He says and beams from the kiss. He grabs my hand and we walk to the Execution Circle. An aircraft has landed there as well. A woman is in the pilot’s seat. She waves and grins as she sees us walk up. I take it she’s the sister to the man. Alicia, I believe was her name.

“I don’t think it would be a good idea for me to fly to Bridgehome. It would be too heavily guarded and I know I'd be an easy target.” She says to everyone. “There is a garage under Building B that should have some things we can use.” Everyone nods and then Mekaias looks up at me with a smile.

His eyes are the bright violet that I remember. Not that dulled down version that I saw before. I have my soulmate back!

Ma'tiem - Mother
Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..