Jump to content
    Kiltie69
  • Author
  • 7,768 Words
  • 1,767 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Enemy, My Boyfriend - 1. Chapter 1

I woke in a cot bed it was dark and cold; I had no idea where I was or how I got here. I could hear the sound of people around me snoring. What had happened to me? How had I gotten here? I sat up, slightly, taking in me surrounding. I was in a hut of some sort, there were a dozen beds lining one wall on the other side of the room a couple of tables with chairs and a stove.

I tried to move but found I was restricted, my left arm in a cast, both my legs immobilised. On putting my hand to my head I felt a bandage. More questions to be answered, why the bandage? I sat there thinking what had happened. Last I remembered was running through the street. Trying to get away from the troops, then nothing.

 ------------------

For the benefit of readers I should turn back time a little. It was 2023, the world had gone to pot. There had been a major recession, starting in 2016. This time the countries of the western bloc collapsed into anarchy. At the time the former Soviet Bloc had been going through changes. They had started to work at becoming a super power again, much as they had been late 20th century.

At the collapse of the west the Russian Federation took advantage and started to annexe former Soviet Bloc countries. This led to war in Europe, the war had now lasted four years the Soviet troops had finally invaded the United Kingdom in 2022.

I had been called up just before the invasion, to join the defence forces, with the plan of defending Britain from attack. I was 25 when called up, I am now 27. The invasion was swift and the units that formed the Defence of the United Kingdom were rapidly defeated. We were scattered and many made their way north into the rugged lands of Scotland.

I was one of those men, I was born on the West Coast of Scotland in a small Coastal town called Lochgoilhead. I lived there till my 21st birthday then moved to Glasgow to work.

There I stayed till I was called up to join the military, as things started to sour in Europe, then moved to the training base in northern England.

I should say a little about myself also. My name is Liam Watson, Lieutenant Liam Watson, I am 5'10, closed cropped hair which is light brown. I weigh 12 stone and one pound. Due to my broad build I look relatively slim. My face is nothing much to talk about, I have been told I'm good looking but I never though I was, oh, and my eyes are grey blue. Someone once called my eyes chrome in colour. But enough of the history and myself, back to the story.

----------------------

I heard a door open and turned to see a soldier enter, closely followed by what looked like a nurse or orderly. The soldier stood at the door. The orderly flicked a switch and the lights slowly came to life along the centre of the room. Now there was light I could see that about half the beds were occupied with sleepers. I was in a ward of some sort, at least that answered one of my questions.

The guard wore a Russian uniform suitable for cold weather. This answered another I was in a Russian run hospital under guard.

The orderly, who I later found out was called Nikita (Peter in old Russian), was organising medications at one of the tables. He turned and saw I was awake. He moved towards my bed with a cup in his hand. Smiling he spoke in heavily accented English.

"Here this should help you with any pain." As he handed me two tablets and the cup of water. "Let me help you sit up a little. Have you any questions". With this he gently assisted me in sitting up. Placing a pillow behind me in support.

"Where am I? What happened?" I asked him.

"You are in a prisoner camp, you were captured when units of our glorious 3rd Guard Army attacked your camp outside Stirling. You were brought here unconscious and wounded due to a shell blast."

I looked at him, taking the pills he had given me then swallowing the water.

"What now? What are you going to do with me?"

"You where badly injured in the blast you will be incapable of walking for some time, the head wound you received knocked you unconscious, you have been it an assisted coma for two weeks. Until you are fit you will spend your time in this hospital ward."

With this said he turned to tend to the rest of the waking patients. I sat watching the other patients as they started to move around. I seemed to be the worst as injuries went. The orderly went about his work with efficiently.

After handing out the medication to the other bed occupants he returned to my bedside.

"I'm glad to see you are finally awake, you seem fairly lucid. How do you feel?" he said as he took my pulse and stats for my chart, then left. I sat propped by the pillow looking around. My nearest bedmate was two beds away. He seemed to be sleeping. Others were whispering to each other. The guard moved from the door to stand nearer the heater.

Even with the heaters on it was cold in the ward. It was November. I had been captured in the last week of October. I lay dozing for some time , nothing to do but sleep, which given my injuries may have been a good thing. Around midday a group of Russian officers came into the room. They moved from bed to bed checking on the occupants. They reached mine and checked my chart. A very distinguished man in his fifties, I'd have guessed, spoke in very good, unaccented English.

"I am Dr Oleg Volgostav. This is my colleague Dr Vassily Petrov." The other two gentlemen are Captain Chenkov and Lieutenant Gustafson." as he said this he indicated the men he refered to with open palm, the orderly that who has been helping you is Nikita Kononenko.

"You are a very lucky young man the blast could would killed you had it not been for Lieutenant Gustafson. He saw you, one of the last men in your unit, go down with the blast, he found you bleeding heavily but alive and alerted the medic. We have standing orders to save as many of enemy as possible." I later found this was part of the hearts and minds policy.

"You were brought here to be treated by myself and Dr Petrov. It was thought you would not live but you have fight in you. You spent a number of hours in surgery for your head wound then we sedated you to allow you time to heal. We are glad you seem to be feeling better."

With this he said he needed to see to the rest of the patients and moved off with the other officers in tow. I was dumbstruck, Why did they save me? I noticed that the soldier on guard had been watching this exchange closely. He had moved to the orderly and was talking in hushed tones in Russian. The orderly answered him back then started to laugh moved away patting the soldier on the shoulder.

I leant back and rested my head on the pillow watching the officers move down the row of beds then turn and walk back past all the beds to the door. It was close to mid afternoon and I was feeling hungry. I wondered when we would be fed and was about to call for the orderly when a man in blue, prison issue coveralls entered, under guard, with a trolley.

I immediately smelt food, my stomach started to rumble. I lay waiting for the man to get to my bed with the trolley. He would moved from, occupied, bed to bed setting a covered dish on the tray table at the side, then onto the next. Finally he reached my bed I could smell chicken and something else.

He sat the plated meal down on the tray table then moved of. I tried to reach it but found it difficult as it was just out of reach to my right. I couldn't move much because of my legs and left arm. The meal guy had left it just out of reach, I wasn't sure if it was deliberate or not but was so infuriated I over stretch an slipped out of bed. Screaming in pain as I hit the floor.

Immediately Nikita was at my side trying to help me back in bed. He struggled a little so called out to the guard for help. The guard moved over shouldering his assault rifle and helped get me back in bed. Nikita straightened out the bedding then checked me over for signs of injury and bleeding.

"You were foolish to try that you should have called me." he said chastising me.

He then turned to the guard and spoke to him, the guard nodded pulled up a chair and sat. Nikita moved away to deal with another patient who was having some sort of seizure.

This left me sitting back in bed with a young Russian soldier next to me.

"Can I have the tray over, please." I asked.

The guard looked at me for a second then pushed the tray table closer to the bed.

I thanked him in Russian, I could say thank you and a few greetings but that was it, he smiled and in English said

"You are very welcome."

I smiled at this as I removed the cover from the dish. Dinner was some sort of chicken and pasta dish, I tucked in with gusto, even with one hand, I had soon cleared the plate. The whole time I was eating I was being watch by the young guard.

I pushed the tray table away and settled into my pillows. I turned to the guard and said

"Thank you for helping me earlier and thank you for letting me eat." The only clue to his understanding what I said was a faint smile and the reply.

"You are welcome."

I felt weird talking to the enemy but it was nice to be able to speak to someone. Most of the other patients were either sleeping or out of there heads on medication.

I decided to be pleasant, see if I could find out more about my unusual companion.

"My name is Liam Watson, thank you again." Holding out my right arm awkwardly.

"Sergei Konochenko ". He replied taking my hand and shaking it carefully.

He smiled and then stood,

"You have eaten and now must rest, Nikita will be upset with me if I tire you." He said this looking at the orderly. I now knew both their names.

Nikita was possibly in his late thirties, I guessed, around 5'11 maybe 13 stone, he was good looking, had light brown cropped hair and blue/green eyes. He had a trim body from what I could tell.

Sergei on the other hand was younger maybe my age or younger, he was blond over 6 ft, 12 to 13 stone had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. They were a glistening blue green colour. He was handsome to boot. He had an athletic body well hidden by what he wore.

I will say now that I am gay but never had a relationship, I was a 27 year old gay virgin. But seeing Sergei close up made my blood pump faster. I did not know till later how I truly felt about him nor him about me.

Sergei moved off back to his post , speaking to Nikita as he passed him.

I leaned back feeling full and quickly fell asleep.

My sleep was occupied by dreams of fighting. It was street to street we were fighting the Russians, each Armies soldiers killing each others, all around me my friends and acquaintances were being killed. Suddenly there was a bang and I fell to the ground screaming.

I woke at this point to find another orderly looking at me with some concern.

It was dark except for a small lamp above the bed, so I realised it was late. Also Nikita and Sergei had been replaced. The new guard was a dour faced man, the orderly much the same as Nikita.

I settled a little after my nightmare I was sweating and needed to pee badly. I called the orderly who came over. It explained to him what I needed and he moved off returning with a bed pan. He pulled back the covers to allow him to getting the bed pan in position and left me to my needs. He came back and removed the pan, then he cleaned me up. Taking everything away once completed. I lay there feeling embarrassed that I could not take care of myself properly. Then drifted to sleep again.

This would be my routine for the next few weeks, I would sleep, eat, sleep go to the toilet then sleep. The only time things varied was when Nikita or Sergei were on duty as they would talk to me. The weeks past and the ward emptied of occupants as most had healed and were fit enough to move back to the prison barracks or to sick so moved to a proper hospital.

Finally I was on my own. My only company an orderly and a guard. I was still in plaster. Dr Volgastov visited me twice a week, and every so often Captain Chenkov or another officer would come to ask me some questions. I was never able to answer them. What they wanted to know was only known by Senior officers, I was only a lieutenant.

The one bright point in all of this was that Nikita was now my almost permanent watcher. As was Sergei, we spoke most days, Nikita even took to sleeping in the ward in case he was needed. Sergei would disappear in the evening but be back in the morning.

I found it difficult as both men seemed to have permanent smiles when they were around me. The reason for which I found out one morning.

As I said time had been passing it was two weeks till Xmas day and I had just woken up. Nikita was sitting next to a heater. Suddenly the door opened and in flew Sergei, along with a flurry or two of snow, he was wearing winter gear. He spoke to Nikita, who laughed.

I had picked up a little more Russian in my time in the ward, but didn't know what had been said.

"What so funny" I asked. Nikita turned and said that Sergei had said it was colder than a witch's titty outside.

This made me smile and I said without thinking

"Come here and I'll warm you up."

Sergei looked at me and blushed then he spoke rapidly to Nikita, who replied, then turning disappeared out the door.

"What did I say?"

Nikita moved to my bedside.

"You may have notice Liam that your only regular company is myself and Sergei." I nodded, Nikita continued "Well with the ward being empty barring you the Dr, who is the senior officer in the camp, asked for volunteers to continue your medical watch. I found I had come to like our chats and told the doctor this he was quite happy to allow me to continue. But I needed another to cover me when I rested. I spoke to Sergei, we have been good friends since we were conscripted, and he volunteered as well. Sergei had two reasons for doing this. Firstly he would not be sent to fight on the frontline and secondly. I don't know how to say this to be truthful, he likes you, he has come to like you a lot. How do you say it over here. He fancies you."

I was a little stunned this handsome man fancied me, Why?

Nikita continued. "He has done all he could to spend time with you even down to starting a medic course. I have known about his feelings for you as well as his sexuality for some time now. He claims to have fallen in love with you when you were unconscious the first weeks you were here. When you said to him you would warm him up he immediately thought I had told you. He is shy, but not only that it is not a good thing to be gay in the army, things happen. I love him as a brother and would be very upset if he got hurt."

I felt bad about what had happened, I needed to talk to Sergei, but how could I. There was little hope of me chasing after him in my condition.

"Nikita, can you get Sergei back here. I need to tell him something. You should hear it also." once said I shuffled up the bed a bit.

Nikita moved to the door, opened it allowing a cold gust, laden with snow to enter. He stepped outside and over the winds noise I heard him shout for Sergei in Russian. He came back in and moved next to the heater.

It was a good five to ten minutes before the door opened again and in walked Sergei. He looked at me I could see he was uncertain on what to do.

'Might as well grab the bull by the horn' I thought to myself not realising my mental Freudian slip.

"Sergei, I need to talk to you please. Can you come over to sit with me."

He looked at me suspiciously then slowly moved to my bedside.

"Please sit." I waited till he sat before continuing. "Nikita has just told me about you volunteering to help him with my care" Sergei shot Nikita a look "I would like to thank you for that." continuing I asked. "Why did you leave when I said I'd warm you up. I meant it in fun, I never meant to hurt you. I have grown to enjoy your company as well as Nikita's over the last month or so. I'm so happy it was the pair of you who came forward to continue my care. Particularly you my friend, my dear friend. I have come to enjoy you company the most."

I was looking at Sergei, Nikita had moved to stand just behind him. I looked up to see Nikita smiling nodding his head indicating I should continue. He knew where I was headed.

"What I'm trying to say Sergei is I like you, I like you a lot. My little comment about warming you up was true on so many levels. I can think of nothing I'd like more than to help keep you warm on these cold days, but given the position we are both in I think it might cause us too many problems in the long run."

Sergei looked at me then turning to Nikita spoke to him. Nikita replied smiling as he did then looking at me said.

"Liam, Sergei's English is not the best so he just asked me to clarify what you had just said. I told him that you knew how he felt about you, then I said you seem to feel the same about him. I hope I got it right."

I smiled at both men and nodded. "Yes you did Nikita" then to Sergei "Sergei I believe I might be falling in love with you."

Sergei looked at me then his friend smiled and said "Liam I know I love you."

He then took my hand and held it.

Nikita stood and moved away. "I will let you two talk. You must be careful with how you deal with this. It could cause you both great heartache and trouble if others found out."

Sergei's English was not bad it was just he had had trouble with my accent. We sat and talked for an hour or so. Nikita sorted out a meal for us all then sat at the table closest the heater to eat.

We ate in silence, I wondered how this would work out.

We finished eating and the plates were cleared by Sergei. He went off with them to the kitchen and returned a little while later.

"Nikita, I will take the watch tonight you can sleep here or back in the barracks if you want. I will get some sleep now so I will be ready for tonight." This said he took the bed next to me and fell asleep.

I have and always will marvel at how a soldier can fall asleep almost the second his head hits a pillow.

Nikita and I sat and talked. We talked about our lives before the war.

Nikita had been training to be a doctor, in Kiev when he was conscripted. He had opted for the orderly position as it kept him out of the killing. He was meant to save lives not end them.

I spoke of my job in computer repair and where I had lived most of my life.

Soon it was time for lights out. Nikita woke Sergei spoke to him then saying goodnight moved to the last bed in the ward, four from me. He stripped to his underwear, showing off a fine body covered lightly with golden hair, and got in.

Sergei had sat in the seat next to the bed, taking my right hand he simply said

"Sleep Tavarish, sleep, I will watch over you tonight." He lent and kissed my hand before placing it gently back on the bed.

He moved to the door turning out the lights and then moved back to the seat resumed his watch over me.

I was asleep almost immediately, knowing I was safe.

I woke with a start to find Sergei still sitting in the dark next to me I touched his arm feeling the warmth of him. Then felt his hand cover mine . I lay touching him till, all to soon I fell into sleep.

I woke after a good night's sleep to the sound of breakfast being delivered. The three of us ate not talking, then afterwards, as with most days, we sat and talked. It was now 8 days to Xmas. I wondered what would be done if anything to celebrated this event.

As I lay in bed the door unexpectedly opened, it was Dr Volgastov.

"Ah! Lieutenant good to see you are awake he said. You are progressing nicely your legs will be a while healing but we can now remove the cast on your arm. Further I want to put your legs in lighter casts. We need to get you a little more mobile I think."

I could only smile. "When Dr.?"

Let do the arm tomorrow, your legs can wait till Monday, it was Wednesday.

I was over the moon.

The Dr, after a few words with Nikita left.

Sergei moved to me and hugged me,

"Congratulations"

I could only smile again. Both my arms would be under my control tomorrow.

The rest of the day flew in, my companions were happy for me, we sat and talked then shared dinner. Soon it was lights out again, this time Nikita took the night watch. Sergei sleep in the bed next to me.

Thursday came and I was excited about getting rid of this cast. The Dr arrived with a small team to help him. Quickly they removed the cast freeing my arm. They assisted me with some exercises then after instructing both my carers on the exercises left. I enjoyed the exercises as it gave Sergei an excuse to hold me, touch me.

Again the days passed, Christmas was rapidly approaching. As was the day my legs were to be freed, or at least given some mobility. The past two months had been infuriating, to say the least, as Nikita and Sergei had to help me with all my toilet needs. Sergei and I were spending every possible hour together. More often than not we touched in some manner. Even when he slept he would try to hold my hand for some of it. We were very much in love. Some may say, from my point of view anyway, it was Stockholm Syndrome. But had that been the case surely I would have fallen for Nikita having had most contact with him.

Finally the day for my restrictive leg cast were to be removed arrived, I was taken, under escort, from the ward to the local hospital. I recognised the area as we drove through the country side. It was East Kilbride. I later found that the camp had been set up in the former Strathclyde park. In hospital I was taken to a treatment room and was handled by a Scottish medical team. They quickly, removed my casts and then after much poking prodding and x-raying replaced the full leg casts with a short ankle on on my right leg and one that went to my knee on the left. I was given crutches and then escorted back to camp.

Little did I know that this visit was to have an impact on my near future.

 ---------------------

In hospital I had heard whispers on how the war was going. It seemed that Russia had finally over extended itself. It was now fighting on a number of fronts. There was rebellions in Europe and their invasion of the UK had now bogged down. The defenders of this island were now fighting a guerilla war. Bases, conveys, patrols all were being attacked and the attackers in most cases were escaping. As for the rest of the world they had trouble with Japan and China, they had internal uprisings. The worst thing was they had invaded Alaska just after the UK invasion. This had galvanised the US and Canada and resistance was massive the Russians were losing manpower and equipment faster than it could be replaced. Things looked bad for the Russian Federation. Something would eventually give and the tide would turn.

 -----------------

I had returned to, what I considered home, the ward. On entering I immediately notice there had been a change. The beds were nearly all occupied. Mostly by Russian soldiers.

There had been an attack on camp while I was away and many were wounded both prisoners and guards. I wondered if Sergei or Nikita were amongst them. As I was guided to a bed at the end of the ward I saw Nikita. He was busy with a very young looking soldier who had bandages over his eyes. He saw me but didn't smile. I felt cold even though the room was hot. I sat on the bed putting my crutches to the side.

I suddenly felt alone, I started to worry what was going on, had Sergei been hurt or worse killed. I didn't have long to wait till I found out.

I had been sitting for about twenty minutes watching Nikita and some other orderly scurrying about treating the soldiers. Ever time Nikita passed by he would look at me with what was basically hatred. I wanted to know what had happened when the door to the barracks opened and in walked Sergei. He was supporting another soldier. He moved up the ward and placed him on the bed next to me. He looked at me, sadness in his eyes. I truly felt alone now, what was happening I felt I had lost two people I cared about.

Sitting I heard and understood some of the conversation. There had been an attack on the compound by the resistance. They had injured a lot of people but in turn had allowed around 60 prisoners to escape. I was being treated as the enemy again by all. I sorted myself out and got into bed, one of the orderlies came over and roughly tucked me in. I sat propped as before and watched what was going on.

Most of the wounded were Russian there was one other prisoner and he was unconscious, much as I had been when I had first arrived. I thought so much had happened since then. I wanted so much to talk to Sergei but knew it was not going to happen. Even talking to Nikita would help. I lay back to rest till dinner time.

I woke to a scream, this time it was not me but the young Russian in the next bed. I could see the orderly was at the other end of the ward busy with someone else. The young Russian was screaming in Russian, and with what little I understood, it seemed he was screaming for a friend. I felt pity for the young man. So grabbing my crutches I slid around in bed and got out. I moved to the seat between our cots then resting one of the crutches against it I moved it a little towards the bed containing the screaming man.

He had started to thrash a little. The orderly, who turned out to be Nikita had turned to see what was going on but was still busy so couldn't leave his charge. He noticed that I had moved to sit next to the screaming soldier.

I had manoeuvred the seat till it was next to the bed I then sat and took the hand of the young man my other hand moving to touch his head. I spoke gently to him

"Your safe now, you can rest".

As I did this I gently stroked his head, remembering how my mother had calmed me as a child after a nightmare. I continued to speak softly holding him. I had no idea if he understood me but I could not see him suffer as he did. He started to calm and settle slightly eventually he dropped back into a restful sleep. I sat holding his hand as reassurance.

I could see Nikita was cleaning up as he finished with his patient. He then moved towards were I sat. He looked at me then touching my shoulder said.

"Thank you, after what happened today I remembered you were still the enemy, forgetting our friendship. I am sorry, you are not the enemy you are a caring individual. Thank you for helping Nikolai.".

I responded "Nikita I was trained to kill my enemies. I have realised that no one here is an enemy just an unfortunate soul on the opposite side. I could not see this young man suffer as he did."

Nikita patted my shoulder nodding in understanding.

I carried on "I have some mobility now so if I can assist in any way please let me?"

"Liam, I cannot ask you to help. You are still technically a prisoner. But if, let us say, we have a repeat of what just happened if you do what you did I will not stop you. I plan to talk to Dr Volgastov about how you helped. We may be able to arrange something."

With this he turned to check Nicolai and then moved away.

I sat in the chair holding Nicolai's hand, much as Sergei had done for me some time ago. I eventually fell into a doze, the noise of the ward in the background. I woke after my nap to find Nicolai sitting up in bed watching me. He was probably 21, had dark hair and dark eyes, he was boyishly handsome. But held no real interest for me. He smiled and in stilted English thanked me.

I smiled back at him, then I noticed that Dr Volgastov was walking towards me. He stopped and spoke to Nicolai, both men gesturing at me during the conversation.

He then turned to me and spoke.

"I would like to thank you for what you did. You gave comfort to an enemy. More than that you comforted my son. Both Nikita and my son have sang your praise and I will admit I like you lieutenant, you are a caring person, even though you are the enemy you hold no grudge as far as I can tell. Nikita has asked me to let you help out around here. I am inclined to allow that. You seem to be a natural at comforting people. Do you have any training in nursing?"

I responded. "I have been trained in advanced field first aid and have been a first aider since I was 16 so I have basic knowledge."

The Dr pondered this then carried on.

"Ok then while you continue your recovery I will allow you to help Nikita and the other orderlies where possible. To make it easier I will get you a wheelchair. This will save you from having to drag chairs around. As your own injuries improve we can reassess the arrangement. Thank you again."

I felt happy again, I was going to be of use for something other than occupying a bed. I thanked the Dr then moved back to my own bed freeing the seat so that he could sit with his son.

Dinner that day came and went as did most of the staff. In the end I was left alone with only Nikita and a young guard for company. All the patients barring myself had been sedated to allow a restful sleep. So I sat awake thinking. Nikita sat talking to the young guard, then just before lights out I heard him say good night. I looked up to see the young guard stand and leave the ward. Almost the second he was out the door it opened again to allow Sergei to enter. As he came in I saw him looking in my direction.

My heart started to beat a little faster, I had a butterfly feeling in my gut, I lay back feeling a little faint. I lay watching Sergei as he strode to Nikita, they shook hands then Nikita started to talk to him. I could not hear what was said but from the gestures and there direction I had some part in the conversation. Sergei was smiling now, he kept looking in my direction. Eventually Nikita patted his shoulder and got up. He moved to the little and turned them off. I then noticed the silhouette of Sergei move down the ward. He moved to my bedside then sat in the chair on my right.

"I hear you helped Nicolai today, thank you. He is like a little brother to many of us. He is the youngest in this command. Thank you. He leaned forward and kissed my cheek."

"I am sorry if any of your friends got hurt today, I feel all mixed up, I now I should be fighting you and your friends but I can't. I have now seen the human side of my supposed enemy and couldn't harm any of you." I said in a whisper. "When I heard Nicolai having the dream I automatically did what I did. I would do it for anyone."

Sergei took my hand and held it. "I wish this war would end I would like to spend time with you learning more of you. I would like to take you to Kiev, my home town if I could." this was all said in a low whisper by Sergei.

I now felt wanted again. "I would like that Sergei, I would also like to take you to see where I was born and grew up. I'm glad that you still want to talk to me I'm also glad that Nikita does not hate me after what happened today."

"I could never hate you, you hold my heart, as for Nikita he was angry he took it out on you. He asked me to apologise. I told him he had to so he will talk to you later once his rounds are done. Now rest. You will be needed tomorrow to help with feeding and other tasks I believe. It will do you good to be active." This said he patted my hand and move away.

He returned to his seat near the door, I lay back and almost immediately was asleep.

I was wakened by a kiss to the forehead. It was Sergei again he had woken me early for some reason. "You need to be cleaned, I am here to bath you before the rest wake." I could see him smile as he said this. He had brought a wheelchair, which he helped me into. He guided me out of the ward to a room near the entrance, it was a bathroom. There against on wall was a shallow bath filled with steaming water.

"First you must go to the toilet then strip and bathe, I will help you." I could tell he looked forward to this. I first went into a cubicle with a little assistance. On completion of my business I managed to shuffle out the cubicle. Sergei offered a hand. Moving me next to the bath he said "strip." I did, this was the first time he had seen me standing naked, he had seen bits of me but not all of me. I stood naked wondering how I was to bathe and not get my casts wet. Sergei moved me to the bath.

"Liam I want you to sit on the edge of the bath keep your legs on the rim. I will then help lower you in."

I sat then waited Sergei took my arm an slowly let me slide backward I was now sitting in the shallow tub water just past my navel my legs after some my around were spread over either side of it. I got the impression this was a setup but was enjoying myself, Sergei started to bathe me washing my body and arms then my legs, he smiled at me as he did this. I could see the crotch of his uniform was tight. There was also a slight damp spot. I was unsure if he had been splashed or if it was something else.

I admit I was getting turned on a little as he rubbed my body cleaning me. I was excited being near Sergei, this was something else. Nikita had given me bed baths and there was no response. This was special, I felt Sergei start to head down to my crotch. 'Christ he'll feel my hard on' I thought. He rubbed around my dick, the bastard knew I was hard and was teasing me. He then dipped between my legs and cleaned my asshole. That's all it took. Two months of nothing then all this. I yelped and collapsed backwards.

Sergei was fast, he caught my head before it struck the tub rim. "I better clean you up." he said. He finished cleaning me then helped me stand. He quickly put a towel round both my legs to protect my casts. He then took another towel and started to dry me. I was loving the attention I felt elated after what had just happened. I wish we could do more. I wished I could please Sergei.

I was now dried and redressed. Sergei placed me in the wheelchair then pushed me to the door. "Can you make it from here, I need the toilet". He said as he turned and moved back into the bathroom. I wheeled myself through to the ward smiling. I knew exactly why he stayed behind.

Nikita looked at me then the door. "Where is Sergei?"

I smiled "He is taking care of something in the toilet"

Nikita looked at me, smirked then moved back to his task of waking the patients. Breakfast arrived shortly after and Nikita and another orderly called Petre started to serve it up to those who could feed themselves. He asked me to help in the feeding of one of the less able patient. Nikita and Petre got the patient sitting and I fed him. I then got asked to help feed Nicolai. I wheeled myself to his side.

"How are you Nicolai?"

"Better thank you"

I then offered him some breakfast. I had not realised he had no movement in one arm and limited use of the other. He ate what was presented to him. Once completed he thanked me. I took tray and wheeled myself away to one of the tables.

Sergei had now returned a fresh set of uniform trousers on. He was smiling as he walked towards Nikita. They spoke and I could see Nikita smile then laugh slapping Sergei in a 'you dog' manner. I smiled at this knowing what they were talking about. I felt great.

My day passed helping out with various simple tasks. Soon the day was almost over. I readied myself for bed. Nicolai spoke me asking how I was. He sat in our beds talking as best we could communicating in both Russian and English. All to soon it was lights out.

As I drifted to sleep I remembered it was Xmas eve. I would wake to Xmas day. I slept dreaming of Sergei.

I woke late. We had been allowed to sleep longer. I sat up in bed then realised I needed to go. I slipped out of bed dressed only in shorts then got into the wheelchair. I wheeled myself to the toilet and relieved myself. I cleaned up then moved back to the ward. It was starting to come to life. The orderlies where getting people ready sitting them up.

I got back to bed to be greeted by Nicolai.

"Merry Xmas Liam".

"Merry Xmas Nicolai". I replied as I got back in bed.

I was no sooner in it than the doors opened and in walked Dr Volgastav. Followed by a horde of men with food. Dressed in Xmas hats. They were shouting Merry Xmas in Russian. The Dr moved among the beds talking to the patients he stopped between Nicolai's bed and mine.

"Merry Xmas Liam and Merry Xmas son. Liam I'd like to thank you for helping out yesterday. You did well, I also have a sort of present for you.".

I looked at him. "What is it?"

"I rechecked you x-rays and I believe the casts can come off earlier than I said. Your right leg one we were going to remove in mid to late January we are now going to remove it just after New Year. Your left will still be February."

I smiled at him "Thank you"

He then turned and started to talk to his son. I decided I would get up and eat so moving out of bed I put on my top and tracksuit trousers that were the prison issue then wheeled to the table. I sat there till one of the guards, who had brought in the food, brought me a tray laden with everything you would want in a breakfast. I ate, afterwards feeling stuffed, and listened to the happy banter going on around me. The guards talking to their wounded comrades wishing them seasons greetings accompanied by the two cheek kiss they always gave. I, even as a prisoner, was given a couple.

I hadn't seen either Sergei or Nikita all morning and wondered if they had been given leave. But sure enough just after lunch they both came through the door, carrying a sack, singing Russian carols. Their voices were beautiful. Nikita's rich and baritone. Sergei's a strong tenor. They moved from bed to bed the occupants joining in as they did. They placed a parcel on each best then on to the next. They finally reached mine and starting to Silent Night, but they sang in English. Dr Volgastov, Nicolai and a number of others joined in, as did I.

They then surprised me with a gift also.

They both wished me Merry Xmas and kissed me on the cheeks. Sergei manage to cop a feel as he did. He also slipped me something under my covers. I touched his hand as he did seeing him smile. They talked with me for a bit then talked to Nicolai and his father.

I felt the package Sergei had slipped me it was small. I wondered what it was, I then opened the other parcel that they had given me. It contained cigarettes, chocolate and sweets, all Russian. I liked chocolate, the sweets would be interesting but I didn't smoke. I decided I would give them to the orderlies.

The Dr stayed for an hour or two, he had brought some presents for his son. He also brought me some Russian Vodka which I thought would help see in New Year.

He stood and and said goodbye to his son.

"I leave you to the hands of Nikita and Sergei, son. Good bye for now." Then turning "Goodbye Liam I will see you after New Year." He then left.

I sat in bed with my presents, then putting the bottle, chocolates and sweets on my table, I turned and handed the cigarettes to Nikita saying to give them out to the orderlies and patients that smoked. When this was all done I sat talking to Nicolai, Nikita and Sergei. The ward had quite a party atmosphere.

Time pasted quickly and soon it was almost dinner time. Almost on queue dinner arrived to much fan fare. Those that could, ate at the tables the rest were fed in bed. I helped Nicolai to eat. I had been more or less accepted by the Russian soldiers and I had befriended a number of them. We sat and sang, told jokes, told stories, Nikita translating for me. Eventually it was time to bed down again. I got into bed and remembered the package Sergei had given me. I lay facing away from Nicolai as I opened it. In it were a set of dog tags, some condoms, lube and a ring. I almost burst into tears

I tried the ring on and it fitted both my ring and index finger, I left it on the ring one. The dog tags on examination were in Russian. They had to be Sergei's. I started to cry. I had nothing to give him back except my own tags. I decided I would do so in the morning. The morning with Sergei never came.

Copyright © 2011 Kiltie69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I love how this story was written you did a very good job on it :) I really loved how it was first person and I got the feeling I was there while reading it so far best chapter for the begging of your short story

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/29/2012 03:04 AM, Deathboi69 said:
I love how this story was written you did a very good job on it :) I really loved how it was first person and I got the feeling I was there while reading it so far best chapter for the begging of your short story
Thank you for your kind words DB.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..