Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

The Fascinator Murders

   (6 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, Splatterpunk, Detective

Orono, Maine had been panicked by a curious serial killer. The killer always leaves a fancy hat, called a fascinator, at the scene of the crime.

The few clues point toward a female perpetrator, which is fairly unusual. As little as 8% up to 17% of serial killers are women. The killing method is always different. The victims apparently have nothing in common. And the only common clue besides the hat is a few strands of hair, likely a woman’s. Other clues indicating a woman killer are left but are as random as the victims.

Is the woman who has that hair the suspect, or is it a case of massive misdirection?

As the sub-genre, splatterpunk, indicates, there will be mildly graphic descriptions of the crimes involved. If this isn’t to your liking, you may wish to bypass reading this, although the worst are only a few instances of such describing the latter crimes.
Copyright © 2024 Secret Author; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 4
  • Characters 4
  • Chills 4
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 3
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 4
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 7,042 Words
    • 784 Views
    • 47 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

kbois

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I have to admit, this story befuddled me and at times I found it a little difficult to follow, but don't let that discourage you from reading.  I had to reread a few paragraphs to figure stuff out.  It could be just me.  

Overall, it was an interesting twist on a classic murder mystery.  

Thanks, Lee!

Response from the author:

Thanks for the review!

  • Love 4
Link to review
Headstall

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

If you are into mysteries, read this. It is challenging at times for sure, and will have you asking questions throughout, but the concept is fascinating. Cheers!

  • Love 3
Link to review
Bill W

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Most murder mysteries leave you guessing who the murderer is, but this story lets you experience the crimes through the killer's eyes and even gives you a glimpse into their thought process.  The mystery here is if the killer will be caught, and if they are caught if they'll be convicted and what their sentence might be.  If you appreciate a different sort of murder mystery, I think you'll find this one right up your alley.  Well done Secret Author. 

  • Love 3
Link to review
Cane23

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This story is just typical @Lee Wilson, no way he could hide in SA competition with this one!

It's a mystery story, there is a mistaken identity...or maybe not, cross dressing, trans gender...or maybe not. Finally, the right murderer is convicted...*duh*...or maybe not!

I know, it' confusing but it's such a fun! It's never boring with Lee! 

Response from the author:

Awesome. Thanks.

  • Love 3
Link to review
Mancunian

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

It's a thoroughly confusing murder mystery, but then that's what a mystery should be. Read and enjoy, but also get out the Sherlock Holmes outfit to put you in the right frame of mind for cracking the case and keeping track.

  • Love 2
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is unlike anything I've ever read on GA.

What starts as a simple murder mystery, with a serial killer is anything but.

Each murder and method are different every time, the only common clue is a hat and a few strands of hair.

You really need to read this story to learn who the killer is, you'll discover quite a few surprises, as you try to solve the crime.

Thanks for something really different Secret Author

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..