Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 6,324 Words
  • 5,716 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Silver Ice - 1. Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

Silver Reese sipped hot chocolate, barely tasting the sweet liquid. His eyes were firmly fixed on the God of Ice skating powerfully toward him. Dressed in carnelian red and white, gloved hands gripping a hockey stick, Knox Thurston dodged an opponent expertly determined to reach the goal. Team captain Jude Martin passed the puck to Knox, escaping a trap from the other team.

A second later, number eighteen scored. The rink filled with thunderous applause, nearly making him deaf. Silver watched in awe as number eighteen skated with joy, jumping into the arms of his teammates.

“You’re going to spill hot chocolate on your clothes,” his best friend, Tina, warned him. She snatched the cup out of his hands and pressed a wad of napkins into his left hand, pointing to a spot on his black sweater. “Stop drooling, it’s embarrassing.”

Silver blinked, the spell broken. He wiped at the wet spot on his sweater with a sigh.

“The Knox curse strikes again.” Rex Granger, his other best friend, chuckled beside him. “I bet you have no idea what Tina was saying a second ago.”

“What?” Silver asked, grimacing at the stain on his sweater.

“I told you it was a waste of time to talk to him when Knox is playing.” Rex gave Tina a small grin. “He’s worshiping the God of Ice.”

“Pay attention, Silver.” Tina touched his left shoulder as the game continued. “The party tonight, I need you there.”

“What, no,” Silver protested, throwing the napkins into the brown bag brought with Rex’s hotdog. Obviously drinking was a bad idea right now, he’d wait until the game ended.

“Come on,” Tina begged beside him. She was a pint-sized redhead with startling green eyes. Her temper turned her cheeks a vibrant red. When he’d first met her five years ago, he’d nicknamed her the sizzling tomato.

She hadn’t liked that very much.

“No way,” he said. Knox was definitely going to be there.

“Beer, pizza, loud music, it’s a simple party. I swear you won’t even get to see Knox.”

“I’m not going.”

“Give it up, Tina,” Rex advised, biting into his hot dog. “I told you he’s hell-bent on dying alone.”

“That’s mean.” Silver turned to Rex.

He and Rex had dated freshman year. After a few disastrous dates, they’d quickly come to realize they were better off as friends.

“When was the last time you went out on a date?” Rex asked with a smirk.

He could barely remember and Rex knew it. Rex knew all there was to know about him, since they lived together. He made a face at Rex and shrugged.

“What does that have to do with anything?” he asked.

“Come on it’s a Psi U party; you know how awesome they are.” Tina wrapped her left arm on his shoulder. “It will be fun. You’ve been stressing over your thesis project and job interviews, this will be a relief.”

He started to protest.

“If you don’t come, I’ll tell Knox the big secret,” Tina threatened with a wicked smile.

Silver grabbed her arm in panic. She was dating Jude Martin, the hockey team captain and Knox’s best friend. Her threat was real.

“I’ll come,” he said quickly. “Please don’t tell Knox.”

“I knew you wouldn’t disappoint me.” Tina winked at him and he shuddered. She was cruel when she wanted to be.

“I’ll give you one thing, Knox is really hot. If he weren’t gay and I wasn’t in full-lust mode for Jude, Knox would do it for me.”

Silver laughed his gaze seeking out number eighteen on the ice again. He had no control over his heart when it came to Knox. This awful, painful crush had started three and a half years ago.

His second year at Alexander University, Knox Thurston had walked into the cocktail lounge looking for Jude and Silver’s world had turned over. Six foot one of powerful muscle, broad shoulders, serious abs, crew-cut blond hair. Knox had taken center stage in all his wet dreams.

Jude had been sitting at their table trying to talk Tina into a date. Knox had come to stand by his chair and to this day, he could still smell Knox’s intoxicating cologne. It was a fresh, clean, woodsy, arousing scent that drove him crazy. Every time he walked into a room and that scent got close, he instinctively looked for Knox Thurston.

His heart and body fully recognized how sexy, gorgeous and lust-worthy Knox Thurston was. His head, however, reminded him that getting involved with Knox would mean serious heartbreak and never-ending tears.

Buckets full of tears, his head reminded his heart when Knox scored again and did a sexy dance on the ice. How anyone could make that padding look sexy— he frowned and forced himself to think of Knox’s faults.

Knox Thurston was a full-fledged heart-breaker. His motto was “love them and leave ’em”. Campus was littered with heartbroken guys who’d once thought they could change him. Others fully recognized he was a man-whore, so they gave it up willingly whenever he deigned to look their way. Playboy did not begin to describe that kind of self-centered action. So, even though he could easily confess his undying love to the God of Ice, he would be better off hanging on to his safe, happy existence.

Man-whore tendencies aside, Knox was a damn good hockey player and the team was fighting hard tonight. The Reds fans were chanting wildly. This was a crucial game, if they won against the Celts, the Reds would be going for the semi-finals. Tina and Rex drew him to his feet as they joined the chant, ‘Let’s go Red!’

Knox and Jude were passing each other the puck, flanked by the defense players, and quickly headed to the Celts goal. Silver clapped his hands in excitement as Knox came on their side. Silver gasped as Knox was suddenly body checked and flung against the glass. Knox stared at him for a moment before he fell back on the ice.

“Oh gods,” Silver said, worried that Knox was injured when he didn’t get up right away.

Jude skated toward Knox and Tina grabbed Silver’s arm. A few minutes later, Knox got up as his teammates yelled at the other team.

Silver pressed a hand to his chest in relief. He’d missed the previous game due to his job, but Tina had told him that Knox had been injured. A knock on the glass made him glance up and his eyes widened when Knox flashed him a wicked grin. Silver flushed beet red, blood filling his cock in response.

Hopeless, he thought as Knox chuckled and skated away. He was hopeless.

****

“How’s your wrist?” Jude demanded as Knox glanced at the timer. They had just over a minute of play in regulation.

“I’m good.” Knox gripped his hockey stick tightly and gave Jude an assuring nod. They were ahead two to one. If they won, they would make it to the championship semi-finals. The game resumed, and he focused his attention on the Celts. The Reds put up a furious defense at the blue line as the Celts tried to bounce the puck into their zone. He growled in frustration when one of the Celts defense players managed to swat the puck along the wall headed to the goal line. He chased after the puck, hoping to get it back before it reached their goal.

He stopped the attempt to score, but managed to get his wrist whacked. Wincing in pain, he lost focus and the Celts managed to score and tie the game with forty-five seconds remaining in regulation.

The game went into overtime. Tension brought adrenaline coursing through his blood as they raced back and forth from net to net. The Celts were out for blood, but his teammates didn’t falter.

Six minutes into overtime, and the Celts managed to race behind one of their defense players streaking toward their net. Knox raced after him but not fast enough. In the next second, the Celts managed to toss the puck under their goalie for a game winner.

The Celts fans erupted in a deafening roar joined in by the teammates as they piled into each other in victory.

Knox cursed under his breath and threw his hockey stick to the ice. He was sweating; they had played like mad through an overtime of twenty minutes, giving the best defense they could.

A hand dropped on his shoulders and he sighed.

“Great game,” Jude praised, shaking him slightly.

Knox found his gaze fell on Silver, seated beside Tina, his dark Mohawk tipped with red. Knox smiled when Silver stood and clapped with everyone giving their team morale. Knox turned to Jude.

“I’m pissed but we gave it our best,” he replied as the rest of the team came over.

In the locker room, the coach was supportive; he thanked them for focused play and urged them not to regret how they’d played the game. Knox sat on the bench staring at his best friend run a towel through his hair after his shower.

“We missed the semi-finals by an inch.” Jude observed, throwing his towel on the floor. He retrieved his deodorant from his locker. “An inch, Knox, and we would be going to the semi-finals.”

“We did our best.” Knox touched his right wrist and winced slightly, grateful for the fresh bandage the doctor had applied after the shower. He’d gotten injured blocking a shot the day before. The Celts had truly kicked their asses on the ice tonight.

Jude pulled on briefs and blue jeans, jumped on the bench and raised his arms. “Who’s ready for a party? We might have not won the game, but you all deserve to celebrate tonight. We managed to get to the quarterfinals, it’s been a tough season, and every one of you gave it your best. I’d love to see you at the Psi U house for a victory party.”

A round of whistles filled the locker room, and Knox shook his head when Jude jumped down.

“Great pep talk, Captain,” he said pulling on his underwear. Dropping his towel on the bench, he reached for his black jeans. “Tina brought Silver Reese with her today.”

“Silver never misses any home games.” Jude belted his jeans and sat on the bench to put his socks on. “The only reason he didn’t make it last night was because of work.”

“Do you think he’s coming to the party?” Knox asked, hating that it was taking him twice as long to button his black jeans. His wrist movements were restricted. Gritting his teeth, he finished with his jeans and sat down.

“You promised me,” Jude said with a frown. “You know Silver, Rex and Tina are a trio. You can’t mess with him.”

Knox scowled. “I’m not asking to date Tina, Jude. What’s the problem?”

Jude chuckled. “They’ve known each other since freshman year. Five years in the architecture program. Can you imagine what will happen if you dump Silver tomorrow? Tina will never talk to you and that would be weird. You can’t mess with that.”

Knox finished with his socks and turned to Jude. “Seriously, what’s the big deal? It’s not like we wouldn’t click. I’ve seen him watching me when he thinks I’m not looking. And who says I’ll dump him the next day?”

“You and Silver,” Jude mused. “Those pain meds are messing with your brain. There is no way that would work.”

Knox glared. “What do you mean by that?”

“Knox, I’m your best friend. Glare at me all you want, but remember I know where you used to take your so-called dates for blowjobs.” Jude gave him a knowing look and he laughed.

“Excuse me; do you want me to have a talk with Tina about your dates under the bleachers on game night in high school?”

Jude got to his feet with a soft curse. “I hate it when you threaten me with that one.”

Knox picked up his grey T-shirt and pulled it over his head. The tension in his shoulders eased and he sighed. Now that the season was over for the team, he’d get time to concentrate on his graduation in June.

Packing his hockey gear in a black duffel bag, he turned to find Jude talking to three of their Psi U brothers.

Jude held out his car keys. “Knox, will you give these to Tina? She’s waiting outside.”

He nodded and headed out of the locker room. His duffel bag over his left shoulder, he headed out through the semi-quiet rink. Stepping out into the cold evening, he pulled his jacket together clumsily. His wrist wasn’t making life easy.

Ithaca winters were a bitch. He wouldn’t miss the cold weather when he left for good in June. His four years at Alexander University had moved so fast. Or so it seemed, he mused. He could barely remember his freshman year. There were of course a myriad of firsts that he’d never forget. Rush week, joining the ice hockey team, moving into the Psi Upsilon fraternity house. He smiled at the memories of the endless parties, events and challenges he’d faced within the Psi U house.

He’d gained lifelong brothers at Psi Upsilon and with his teammates. Now if only he could manage to complete the next two months.

Tina was standing by Jude’s black Porsche, bundled up in a black jacket, a red scarf tied around her neck.

“Hey,” he said when she turned to look at him. Dangling the keys with his injured wrist, he smiled at her. “He’s on his way out.”

Tina took the keys carefully before she hugged him. “You guys were great tonight.”

“Thanks,” he said, patting her back. He looked around the parking lot. “Where are Rex and Silver? Are they going to the party?”

“Of course.” Tina pulled back with a wide smile. “Silver drove Rex over. I told them I’d wait for Jude.”

He turned to the black SUV parked beside Jude’s Porsche. Unlocking his car doors, he threw his duffel bag onto the passenger seat and turned to Tina. “Can I ask you something, Tina?”

She paused in the act of unlocking Jude’s car. “What’s up?”

“Silver Reese,” he said, and watched her lips tighten. “I want to ask him out. Jude told me you don’t think he’ll say yes. Why?”

Tina sighed and shook her head. “It’s not that he won’t say yes. It’s that I wouldn’t want you and Silver together, Knox.”

“Why is that?” Knox was starting to hate this general assumption. He might not have dated every guy he’d slept with, but it didn’t mean that couldn’t change.

“Silver is not like you, Knox.” Tina touched his shoulder. “He doesn’t take relationships casually like you do. Even if you like him, can you please stay away from him?”

Knox chuckled and shook his head. “What if I can’t, Tina? Are you sure Silver feels the same way?”

Tina narrowed her gaze at him. “It’s because I know how Silver feels that I’m asking you to stay away from him.”

“Ah…” Knox chuckled. “So he likes me too.”

“Knox,” Tina exclaimed in frustration. “Please—”

He raised his hands up with a wide smile. “All right, jeez, relax. I’ll stay away, mama tiger.”

She glared at him and he laughed. He leaned over and kissed her cheek. “I’ll see you at the party.”

She nodded but he didn’t miss the concern in her eyes. He waited until she entered Jude’s car before he drove off. It took him ten minutes to get to the Psi U house; he smiled when he noticed Silver’s red Mazda parked at the curb.

****

Silver watched Rex tip the plastic cup, drinking heartily. He sighed as he realized he was officially the designated driver.

“Typical,” Silver said as he planned his next shot. “She twists my arm to come to the party, and then runs off to make out with Jude.”

Rex laughed, leaning on the wall. “I can’t blame Tina. She probably wanted you to come along so you could babysit me.”

“How lucky for me,” Silver said with a small frown. “What’s going on with you, Rex? You’ve been getting drunk more often lately.”

“We’re about to graduate and my thesis is killing me.” Rex tipped his cup again. “I’m not like you and Tina. My project is giving me hell.”

“Would it make you feel better to know that I have issues too?” Silver asked, setting up his next shot. “Not to mention finding a job. Every time I leave an interview I find myself wanting to get drunk. I called my mum yesterday and told her I’m going to end up back in Boston. She wasn’t happy.”

Rex groaned. “Let’s not talk about real life anymore. We’re at a party, surrounded by ice hockey players.”

Silver walked around the pool table, glancing around the room. He couldn’t deny Rex’s observation, but he only had eyes for one ice hockey player.

Silver made his shot and smiled when the ball sank into its pocket.

“Are you looking for a date tonight, Rex?” Silver teased.

Rex leaned on the pool table studying the balls on the velvet green.

“Maybe,” he said with a smile. “Or maybe I’m going to ask Knox out.”

Silver leaned on his stick glancing at Rex in amusement. “Is that supposed to piss me off? I don’t care what Knox does, Rex.”

“Well that’s good because he’s right over there.”

Rex cocked his head to his left and Silver followed the movement. A few feet away stood Knox Thurston, handsome in a grey T-shirt and black jeans. He was standing way too close to a twink staring at him with adoring eyes.

Silver froze when Knox laughed and leaned to whisper into the shorter guy’s ear.

Rex held out a fresh glass of beer with a wide smile. “Drink. Your jealousy is making an appearance.”

Silver forced his gaze away from Knox. He took the cup of beer, sipped it, and ignored Rex’s knowing smile. He aligned his next shot and missed. Rex got his turn.

“I don’t understand you, Silver. Aren’t you always spouting quotes like ‘seize the day?’ Why won’t you take a chance with Knox?” Rex asked as he aligned his shot.

“I’d just be another notch on his bed.” Silver frowned, his gaze finding Knox and the blond twink. Knox had him pressed against the wall, his right hand braced above the shorter man’s head. It was hard to miss the wrist brace. Knox leaned down and Silver looked away with a scowl. He tried to concentrate on what Rex was saying.

“You’re going to end up regretting not asking him out. We’re graduating in June, and leaving Alexander for good, Silver,” Rex warned. “I think you should take a chance.”

“Stop foretelling the future.” Silver complained his gaze sliding to Knox again. The twink walked away, probably to get more beer. Knox turned and their gazes clashed. Silver looked away quickly. He picked up his cup and frowned when he found it empty. “I think I should get more beer—”

“Hi guys,” Knox interrupted. He perched on the pool table and Silver held his breath. Waves of woodsy cologne filled his nostrils anyway and his heart started beating wildly. “How’s it going Rex?” Knox turned to look at him. “Silver?”

“Thurston, get off the table,” Rex warned as he aligned his shot. “How’s your wrist? I’m sure Ryan is dying to help you dress every morning.”

Knox chuckled. Silver tried not to love the husky tone or appreciate how it sent a thrill down his spine. He tried to escape Knox’s close proximity by taking a step back.

He bumped into a bench and pain shot up the back of his thigh. He gasped. In his haste to rub the painful spot, he dropped his cue stick, and bent down to pick it up. Knox leaned down at the same time, and they hit their heads hard.

Silver moaned in pain, pressing his hand to his forehead. He was seeing stars.

“I’m so sorry.” Knox closed the distance between them. Silver froze as cool fingers touched his forehead gently. “Thank God, I didn’t crack your head.”

“It certainly feels like you did your best.” Silver chuckled hysterically as the feel of Knox’s hands on his forehead overrode the pain.

Knox smiled and picked up the cue stick. “Here you go.”

Silver blindly took the cue stick, one hand still pressed to his forehead, lost in smiling hazel eyes. He’d somehow lost the ability to speak.

Knox studied him for a moment before he turned to Rex. “Ryan and I are over. Are you offering to help me button my shirt in the morning, Rex?”

Silver cursed under his breath and caught Rex’s amused expression.

“Silver, what do you think?” Rex asked, with a wide smile. “Maybe you can help Knox?”

Silver cleared his throat and tried not to blush. “No thanks.”

Rex missed his shot. Silver moved around the table determined to win the darned game and make a quick escape.

“Ouch, Silver, your tone makes it sound as though it’s the worst thing you could do. I’m oddly insulted,” Knox said, slapping a hand against his chest in mock shock. “I’ve never had such an outright rejection.”

“There’s a first time for everything,” Silver replied, playing his turn. “Weren’t you just talking to Ryan in the corner?”

“Ryan?” Knox shrugged. “He was just telling me how great the game was.”

“I’m sure all the twinks on campus tell you the same thing about your game.” Silver made two consecutive shots. Satisfied when the balls fell into their pockets, he straightened and smiled at Knox. “Are you sure he’s not waiting for you? We wouldn’t want to keep you from poor Ryan.”

Knox bit his lower lip and narrowed his gaze. “Rex, is your friend always this… friendly?”

Rex was leaning on the wall, staring at Silver in awe. “I’m just enjoying the show, Thurston.”

“Silver, you seem to have a problem with me,” Knox said.

“I don’t know you well enough to have a problem, Knox,” Silver said, as he aligned his next shot.

“Maybe I can give you the chance to get to know me.” Knox’s brow creased with a frown. “I’m pretty sure I’m undeserving of this attitude.”

Rex pushed off the wall and came to stand beside Silver. “Silver didn’t eat his dinner tonight. He gets this way when we haven’t fed him.”

Silver forced a smile for Knox and made his next shot.

“Want to play, Knox?” Rex asked, holding up his cue stick.

Knox stared at Silver for a moment before he raised his hands and shook his head. “That’s all right; I think I’ll go check out the card games in the other room. It was nice to see you, Rex. Silver, I hope you’re in a better mood next time.”

Knox left them to their game.

“Why were you so rude?” Rex demanded when Knox left the room.

Silver played his shot and shrugged. “I wasn’t rude.”

“You could have been nicer,” Rex complained.

“I don’t see the merits of being nice to Knox,” Silver said, throwing the cue stick on the table. “I’ve had enough of this party.”

“You’re leaving?” Rex said with a sigh.

“Yes, staying here is just going to piss me off.”

“Why can’t you just tell him how you feel?” Rex demanded, glaring at him. “He just asked you out.”

“You wouldn’t understand, Rex.” Silver grabbed his jacket from the armchair.

“Tell Tina I’ll call her tomorrow. See ya.”

“Silver,” Rex said in exasperation.

Silver started for the front door. When he saw Knox standing in the front hall talking to a group of sorority cheerleaders, he sighed and turned around. The back door would do just fine. He had to navigate around a few couples making out in the hallway before he got to the back hall. The kitchen was filled with people in the middle of a beer-chugging game. A strong hand grabbed his elbow before he could reach the back door, and he was pulled into a dim pantry.

“You’re a stuck-up, ignorant, judgmental, stupid, and annoying idiot.”

Silver turned to find Knox glaring at him with burning hazel eyes. “What do you think you’re doing?”

Knox leaned closer when Silver tugged on his arm, hoping to escape the dim pantry.

“You smell real good, little tiger,” Knox purred.

“Get off me,” Silver demanded when Knox dragged him against the wall. Bracing his palms on Knox’s broad chest, he said, “I don’t want anything to do with you.”

“We’ll see about that,” Knox murmured. “Are you always this prickly? I want you, Silver.”

Silver stopped breathing when Knox promptly took his mouth in a fiery kiss.

Flames streaked through his bloodstream. Knox moaned their kiss igniting. Silver closed his eyes when Knox’s hands trembled and roamed over his back, down to his ass. He gasped in arousal when Knox cupped his ass and dragged him closer, grinding his arousal against him, his alcohol-hazed mind was overwhelmed by the exploding sensations of their kiss.

They devoured each other ravenously, their tongues dueling, and Knox pinned Silver against the wall. He didn’t remember a kiss ever being this good.

“You taste so good,” Knox whispered hotly into Silver’s mouth. “I can’t wait for you to take me in your mouth—”

Silver froze. Did Knox tell that to all the twinks he fucked? To that Ryan he’d been talking to?

His brain screamed at him under the sexual haze in his head. His body was on fire, he wanted to keep holding Knox like this, feel Knox’s hand on his skin—

“What’s wrong little tiger? Don’t you want to go upstairs to my room?”

“I’m not another one of your twinks,” Silver said savagely, pushing him away with force.

Oh God! Tears stung his eyes. He was so close to becoming another one of Knox’s twinks. When Knox’s larger frame wouldn’t move, Silver kicked out with his left leg, hitting Knox’s shin. Knox yelped and stepped back.

Silver dashed out of the storeroom, blindly heading to the back door. Out in the cold winter air, he started running, hot tears freezing against his skin. He cursed Tina’s insistence to get him to the stupid party.

*****

CHAPTER 2

Knox limped upstairs after Silver ran off cursing under his breath. Good riddance.

“What happened?” Jude asked, interrupting his thoughts.

Knox lifted his head to find Jude and Tina at the staircase landing. He rubbed his shin in irritation. “I ran into Silver.”

“My Silver,” Tina said in surprise. “What did you do?”

“I’m the one limping here.” Knox pointed to his shin. “He kicked me and ran off.”

Jude laughed. “Did you try to kiss him?”

“Maybe,” Knox said gruffly. “I have no idea why he lost his mind over a simple kiss.”

“Oh, why can’t you keep it in your pants?” Tina accused. She turned to Jude. “I gotta go.”

“It was a simple kiss.” Knox frowned, staring at her in confusion.

“To you, you bastard,” Tina glared at him. “Not to Silver, he’s—” She bit her lip and waved her hands in frustration. “Keep your lips to yourself next time.” She hugged Jude quickly. “I’ll call you later, honey.”

Confused, Knox turned to Jude with a frown.

“It was a harmless kiss. I’m the one who deserves the sympathy, that punk was wearing steel-toe boots.”

Jude chuckled. “What were you doing kissing Silver?”

Knox headed for a small lounge tucked into the corner of the hall. Thankfully it was empty, so he dropped into a couch with a sigh. “He pissed me off.”

Jude perched on the arm of a couch across him. “You don’t go for guys like Silver. Why are you so interested in him?”

“He was playing pool with Rex. I went over tried to have a simple conversation with him. He started acting all entitled—” He shook his head remembering Silver’s condescending tone.

Jude raised a brow at him.

“What?" Knox asked.

“When was the last time a guy said no to you?”

He frowned. “I get told no all the time.”

“Not by guys like Silver.”

Knox shifted on the couch, dropping his head back. “He’s a stuck-up, introverted, know-it-all virgin. I probably gave him his first kiss.”

“And you liked it,” Jude finished for him with a smirk.

Knox glared at the ceiling. Yes, he’d liked their kiss. He’d loved how Silver melted against him, like hot liquid fire. “I’m never touching that idiot again.”

“Well, that’s too bad,” Jude said, his tone making Knox glance at him.

“I don’t like that look; what do you mean ‘that’s too bad’?” Knox asked.

“I’ve always thought you and Silver would make a great couple. He’s the shy, introverted type, and you are loud and outgoing. He might just cure this ridiculous mood you’re in.”

Knox scoffed. “More like a match made in hell. I bet he had a huge coming-out scene in high school and believes in happily ever after and sparkly love. What a pain. I’m not interested.”

“I understand,” Jude said, with a shrug. “Then… let’s go downstairs and find you a new fling.”

“I came up here to hide from Ryan, he keeps hounding me,” Knox complained. “Besides, I don’t think there’s a guy I want downstairs. They all talk my ear off and the sex is becoming mediocre; I could do it asleep.”

“You are getting jaded right before you graduate.”

“I’m jaded by easy sex.” Knox sat up on the couch and met Jude’s gaze.

Truth was he was a bit envious of Jude and his relationship with Tina.

Jude studied him for a moment. “All right, I have a proposal for you.”

Knox glanced at Jude warily. “I’m still surviving your last proposal.”

“Oh come on, you love ice hockey.” Jude nodded to Knox’s wrist. “You played tonight with a sprained wrist. I call that undying love for ice hockey.”

“You bet me into playing, you punk.” Knox relaxed against the couch. “Not to mention rushing Psi U when I was content to blend in with the population. No wonder my mother loves you so much.”

“I’m good for you.” Jude crossed his arms against his chest in thought. Knox smiled at the dark-haired finance major. With his dark looks, tall physique and charming smile, Jude Martin would probably end up a CEO to an important company in the future.

They’d known each other since kindergarten. Knox had found two kids bullying Jude on his way home and he’d fought them off. They’d watched each other’s backs through the years. Being openly gay would have been much harder for Knox if it weren’t for Jude.

Jude stood and started pacing the length of the wooden coffee table.

“What are you thinking about, Martin?”

“How to get you and Silver together,” Jude said.

“Stop, I’ve changed my mind. I don’t want to be with that punk.” Knox glared at Jude.

“Fine, if you’re happy with Silver’s rejection,” Jude said, with a raised brow.

Knox thought about Silver’s comments in the game room and cursed. “He didn’t even give me a chance. I’ve never been judged so harshly before.”

“Don’t you want to try him again?”

Knox met Jude’s knowing gaze. He chuckled. “You don’t think I can win over Silver Reese, do you?”

Jude smiled and shook his head. “Nope, although it will be fun to see you try. He kicked you on the shin.”

Knox closed his eyes, thinking about Silver’s hot lips. Their kiss in the storeroom had been worth the kick. Would all their kisses be that intense? He met Jude’s smiling gaze. “What do you have in mind?”

****

Silver fired up the soldering gun and concentrated on joining strips of metal together, his thoughts carefully blank as he forced the metal into the design he’d drawn for his project. The door to the workroom flew open and Tina walked in.

“Retreating into your work,” Tina said, coming around the work table. “You left Rex without a ride.”

“Rex can find his own ride home.” Silver continued joining the delicate metals, hoping Tina would get the hint and leave.

“I’m not leaving until we talk,” Tina said.

Silver glanced up to see her leaning on the storage counter, arms crossed against her chest.

“Are you going to bury your head in work for the rest of your life?” she asked.

“I doubt that’s a danger at the moment. I can’t even get an interview right.” Silver turned off the soldering gun and placed it on its holder. He removed his workshop glasses and placed them on the table. “Tina, you didn’t have to come running because of a simple kiss.”

“I came running because I dragged you to that party. Knox stopped me in the parking lot earlier. He was asking about you and—” She sighed. “I was worried what he might have said to you. Ever since the guy you dated that semester in Italy—”

Silver reached out to touch her shoulder stopping her tirade. “Let that go, Tina. Raphael and I weren’t meant to be.”

“Are you all right?” Tina asked.

Silver chuckled and shook his head. “It was a stupid kiss. My lips and I are fine. I’m pretty sure Knox is the one you should worry about. I kicked him pretty hard with my boots.”

“I heard. Jude and I met him on the stairs.”

“I’m sure he wasn’t happy.” Silver studied his diagram and sighed. There were still a few pieces to solder before the structure took on a better shape. He would end up working all night at this rate. “Tina, go back to Jude, enjoy your night. You don’t need to be here worrying about me.”

“You’re alone.” Tina picked up a cube of wood and studied it for a moment. “I hate that you close yourself off in this workshop. What happens after we graduate in June? Rex and I are heading to Boston. I’m afraid you’re going to run off to Italy—”

“It’s not a bad idea.” Silver removed his work gloves. “Tina—”

“I wish you’d snap out of this funk.” Tina dropped the wooden cube on the work table with a thud and glared at him. “Is Raphael the reason you won’t even try dating other guys? ’Cause if he is, you need to stop punishing yourself. He dumped you, Silver.”

Silver shook his head as he thought about a handsome, dark-haired Italian man. He’d broken Raphael’s heart. He’d been the one to walk away, and instead of telling Tina and Rex the truth, he’d lied. He’d left Raphael to return to Ithaca, thinking that he might get a chance with Knox someday.

“Can you please go back to Jude?” Silver removed his work gloves and left the workshop.

“Jude can handle a few hours without me. I'll make you a sandwich. You didn't eat dinner earlier.” Tina followed him to the kitchen. “How is it that on the one night you decide to go to a party, you and Knox end up making out?”

“I blame you,” Silver declared.

He pulled open the refrigerator and got a bottle of milk. He'd made coffee when he'd first walked into the house. Tina found bread, slices of ham, and lettuce. She washed her hands and got to work.

“I try to avoid victory-game after-parties. The last one I went to was when Knox first joined the team,” he said grinning at her.

He got a mug and poured a dash of milk. Taking the coffee pot, he added the fragrant liquid into his mug. “Remember, Rex got so drunk he puked in the Psi U kitchen?”

Tina chuckled. “Jude and Knox had to carry him to the dorm. You were blushing every time Knox asked you a question. Jeez, what happened tonight?”

“Rex and I were playing pool. Knox came over and I told him off. He walked away and I figured the best way to avoid the whole scene was to leave. He cornered me in the storeroom.”

“Maybe you two deserve each other.” Tina frowned as she cut the sandwiches into halves. “Are you sure you don’t want to tell him how you feel?”

Silver sipped his coffee and leaned on the kitchen table. “We have two months left. What kind of relationship do you think we can have?”

Tina put the sandwiches on a plate and slid it to him. She wiped her hands with a dishrag and came to lean on the table beside him. “How good was the kiss?”

Silver picked a sandwich, took a healthy bite, and grinned at Tina. “Mind blowing. It’s too bad I’m never getting anywhere near Knox. He made me want to be Ryan tonight.”

Tina leaned her head on his shoulder. “You’re more handsome than Ryan. Are you still going to take the photographs tomorrow?”

Silver sipped coffee with a slight frown. He’d been anticipating a free Saturday when he’d rushed home from the party. His frown deepened when he remembered Tina’s sorority fundraiser. “I completely forgot. Do I have to go?”

“I don’t have another photographer. You’re really good, and if you can get those photos in the school newspaper even better. Please don’t flake out.”

Silver closed his eyes. “Is Knox going to be there?”

Tina took his hand and squeezed his fingers. “You can go back to your old ways of avoiding him. You’ve gotten pretty good at that.”

Silver stared at his sandwich with distaste. “You’re right about that. Tonight was a fluke; he was drunk. I doubt it will ever happen again.”

****

lilansui (Suilan Lee), 2013
  • Like 27
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sui, I love your new story!!!

 

I can see why Silver (I keep thinking of the girl from 90210, lol), doesn't want to be another notch on Knox's belt, or bed. This is the second story I'm reading with a Knox in it. =)

 

Since Knox has a rep, he can't possibly understand how Silver feels.

 

Awesome first two chapters, Sui! Oh, I wanted to point out (according to my frat kid), that nowadays kids in frats don't call them frats, they call them fraternities. They don't shorten it like they used to. Also...what's wrong with Boston? lol I went to school in Boston and never wanted to leave.

 

Ok, on to the third chapter. :)

Link to comment
On 09/08/2013 01:03 PM, Lisa said:
Sui, I love your new story!!!

 

I can see why Silver (I keep thinking of the girl from 90210, lol), doesn't want to be another notch on Knox's belt, or bed. This is the second story I'm reading with a Knox in it. =)

 

Since Knox has a rep, he can't possibly understand how Silver feels.

 

Awesome first two chapters, Sui! Oh, I wanted to point out (according to my frat kid), that nowadays kids in frats don't call them frats, they call them fraternities. They don't shorten it like they used to. Also...what's wrong with Boston? lol I went to school in Boston and never wanted to leave.

 

Ok, on to the third chapter. :)

Thanks Lisa, that's funny about Silver from 90210, lol. I've changed that on chapter 1 about the frats = fraternities. You're awesome.
Link to comment

I loved the beginning with the theme of opposites attract. Silver is cute and adorable. Knox(I have no idea how you everytime come up with such amazing names, lol) is a typical playboy. I am moving to the next chapter to see some great romance. Very nice chapter, Sui. Loved it:)

Link to comment
On 09/28/2013 03:53 PM, sacredlove said:
I loved the beginning with the theme of opposites attract. Silver is cute and adorable. Knox(I have no idea how you everytime come up with such amazing names, lol) is a typical playboy. I am moving to the next chapter to see some great romance. Very nice chapter, Sui. Loved it:)
Knox is a player, gotta love him. :)
Link to comment
On 11/22/2013 07:11 AM, joann414 said:
How did I miss this gem of a story. Loving it! :great:
Yay, you found it!! lol :)
Link to comment
On 08/08/2014 12:28 AM, Slytherin said:
I'm glad I found this story (thanks to Dark's "Ask an Author" and Jo Ann's praise) :) Nice story :thumbup:
Hi Slytherin, thanks for finding me, and reading my story.:)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..