Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 5,501 Words
  • 5,804 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Silver Ice - 2. Chapter 2

CHAPTER 3

The girls of Theta Phi mingled with their guests, wide smiles and charming conversation as they tried to raise as much money as they could for their homeless charity. Their guests were making bids on different gifts that Tina had spent the past month finding. Silver focused his lens on a pair of tickets to the final NHL Stanley Cup game. He was pretty sure Jude and the rest of the hockey team were going to make bids on the tickets.

“Great prize,” Knox said beside him. Silver jerked up, his concentration disappearing. Knox’s cologne filled the air and his heart sped up wildly.

“Morning, Silver. Are you in a better mood?”

“Knox,” he said, clearing his throat. “I’m sure Tina is around here. I’ll go get—”

“I don’t want to talk to Tina.” Knox dropped an arm on his shoulder and gave him a half hug. “You ran off so quickly last night, we didn’t get a chance to talk.”

“I’m pretty sure you didn’t have talking in mind.” Silver tried to take a step away from Knox but he wouldn’t allow it. “Are you sure I can’t find Tina for you?”

“Why don’t you like me?” Knox asked leaning close to his ear.

Silver managed to quell his shiver and shook his head. “I don’t know you enough to hate you.”

“Good, we can correct that. Hang out with me today,” Knox said, with a satisfied smile. “We can get to know each other.”

Silver held on to his camera and shook his head. “I’m busy. I’m actually here to work—”

“I don’t mind.” Knox looked around the room. “How many more photographs do you need?”

“A million, it will take me all day to get them done,” Silver declared, managing to extricate himself from Knox’s hold. Adjusting the camera strap on his neck, he moved on to the next showcase. “I don’t have time to socialize.”

“Silver, you’re trying to avoid me.” Knox followed him. “By the way, those glasses make you look so adorable. I never realized you wear glasses.”

Silver pushed the black rimmed glasses up on his nose. He’d hoped wearing the glasses would make him obscure. Apparently not. He frowned focusing his lens on a package of expensive beauty products coupled with gift certificates to a popular spa.

“Did you get home all right last night?” Knox followed him. “Tina left the party so quickly; I couldn’t help worrying.”

“I got home fine,” he replied. “What are you up to, Knox?”

Knox studied the package of beauty products. “I’m trying to have a conversation with you.”

Silver finished with the package and straightened, focusing his lens on Knox. He was perfect for the camera, chiseled profile, clean-shaven jaw, sharp hazel eyes, and soft lips. He’d never seen Knox grow out his hair; it was always cut short. He lowered his lens, cradling the camera against his chest.

“I’m not going to change my mind and date you.” He’d thought about it all night and while he’d love nothing else but to kiss Knox again, the pain wasn’t worth it. “You can stop trying to talk me up.”

Knox gave a low whistle and followed him to the next table. The Statler Hotel was offering an expensive dinner and one night stay in their VIP Suite. Silver wondered how Tina had managed to swing this one.

“How do you make friends?” Knox asked.

“I make them just fine,” Silver replied, focusing on the package on the table. He took three shots.

“What can I do to make you drop this negative attitude toward me?”

Silver straightened and glared at him. “The only reason you’re talking to me is because we kissed last night and you think you can wear me down to go out with you.”

“Is that so terrible?” Knox asked, with a raised brow. “It’s been my experience that when you like someone, you go after them with all you’ve got. Do your best to get to know them.”

Silver gritted his teeth. “What happens if that person doesn’t want to get to know you?”

Knox smiled. “I do my best to change their mind. Is it working? Or do I have to promise to wait on you all day and night?”

Silver tried not to laugh but Knox’s expression was way too innocent. He bit his lip but his smile widened when Knox chuckled.

“You think you’re pretty charming,” Silver said. “What happened to the friend you talked to last night?”

“We’re not together. We’re just friends by the way… with benefits.”

“Is that a fancy way of calling Ryan your booty call?”

“Do you know him?”

Silver shrugged and concentrated on taking pictures of the full Harry Potter series.

Knox cleared his throat. “So, you work for the newspaper?”

“Yes,” Silver answered. “I take photographs for the various events happening around campus.”

“I’ve never seen you at the sports events.”

“Someone else’s department,” Silver said. He’d specifically asked not to be assigned any ice hockey team events. He’d perfected reducing his chances of meeting Knox.

He adjusted the focus on his lens and leaned closer to capture an elegant picture frame made by one of the art students at Theta Phi. When he was done taking pictures, he took a step back, almost running into a guest. Knox moved him out of the way with a gentle hand on his elbow.

“I heard you’re still going for interviews,” Knox said gently. “What are you looking to do after graduation?”

Silver sighed, hating the reality of how close graduation was. It was tempting to hug the comfort of Alexander University, maybe apply for a graduate program. But he’d spent five years in college training to be an architect. Finding a job, however, was next to impossible.

“I have ten interviews set up next week.” He afforded Knox a small smile. “I’m hoping to have better luck in impressing all those firms.”

“I’ve seen your projects, you’re very good,” Knox assured him. “I went through the same thing last month, until I finally landed two offers with investment firms. I have to choose whether to go to Manhattan or Boston soon.”

“Congratulations. Although, I’m a bit surprised,” Silver said, pausing by wide windows in the Theta Phi living room. The sun was shining outside, melting the snow. “I always thought you’d end up playing hockey professionally.”

Knox put his hands into his navy blue chinos and leaned on the wall. He was handsome in a subtle aqua V-neck shirt and a light blazer. “Ice hockey is a hobby, but I’m not as good as some of my teammates.”

“I don’t know about that.” The only reason why he liked going to watch the ice hockey games was Knox. “I can’t imagine you in an office crunching numbers.”

“I can’t imagine you at construction sites.”

“A white hard hat suits me very well, thank you.” Silver winked and checked his camera. “Last summer I got a chance to work at an archaeology dig in Italy. It was very interesting work and I’ve been thinking I might try to do that if things don’t pan out with my interviews next week.”

“Would that mean you’d have to leave for Italy?”

Silver frowned at the tinge of disappointment he heard in Knox’s voice. “Probably,” he replied, meeting unreadable hazel eyes.

Knox nodded. Silver looked away. “How’s your wrist?”

Knox pulled his right hand out of his pocket to show off the black bandage tied around his hand. “Better,” Knox said, turning his wrist slightly. “I tortured it during the game last night but it held up.”

“Why would you play with an injury like this?” Silver asked, dropping his camera against his chest to reach for Knox’s hand. “You’re right-handed; you could have hurt yourself worse than this.”

He held Knox’s hand gently, studying the bandage and Knox’s fingers. They looked a tad swollen and were warm to the touch.

Knox cleared his throat, and he looked up in surprise. “I didn’t want to let Jude and my teammates down.”

Loyal, he added to Knox’s pro list. He’d compiled a very long “Knox’s cons” list last night after Tina had left. Sadly, he’d worked at making the pros list very short. He let go of Knox’s hand and took a step back. “Shouldn’t you be wearing a brace?”

“It wasn’t working with the look,” Knox replied.

Silver gave him a once-over and rolled his eyes. “You look great in anything. You should take care of your hand, Knox.”

“I like this side of you, Silver Reese.” Knox pushed off the wall. “That little frown on your forehead is making me feel very special. Are you sure you don’t like me?”

Silver started for the next showcase. “I show general concern for everyone who’s hurt.”

“I’ll remember that.” Knox touched a set of cutlery on the showcase table. “I don’t see anyone bidding for a set of dishes.”

“They’re very expensive china,” Silver said, taking rapid shots of the dishes. “Aren’t you bored yet?”

“Nope,” Knox said quietly. “Are you hungry? I’ll get you a plate.”

Silver watched Knox walk to the dining room, and almost jumped when Tina touched his shoulder. “Don’t sneak up on me like that.”

“Tell me everything,” she said, excited. “He looks so handsome today; I think he took extra care knowing you’d be here.”

Silver gave an exasperated sigh. “Happily-ever-after theories are running away with you.”

“I think not,” Tina said with a wide smile. Her auburn hair was tied in an elegant bun, and her dress was vivid blue. She was all business today. “You two looked so great talking. I’m imagining double dates in the future. Go to the dining room, take a break, and talk to Knox. He’s making an effort.”

“What? No,” Silver refused. “I came here to take photos, then go back to fighting my thesis into shape.”

“You’re no fun, Silver Reese. You’re not turning into a prude on my watch. Go into the dining room now,” Tina ordered, pushing him in the direction Knox had gone.

Silver grumbled under his breath, and capped his camera lens to protect it. He’d been taking photographs all morning, anyway. He detoured to the kitchen where Tina had kept his camera bag. His heart was pounding at the thought of spending an hour in Knox’s company. Maybe he was wrong? Knox was interesting, and it was a definite plus watching him smile. He pushed the kitchen door open, eager to pack his camera so that he could go to the dining room.

He stopped when he found Knox pressed against the counter, with Ryan’s lips fused to his mouth. Hot pain lanced through him, anger, shock, disgust; he couldn’t be sure which emotion to assign to how he was feeling. He’d been ready to buy into Tina’s excitement, and Knox… he gaped. Why had Knox been flirting with him?

Ryan opened his eyes and saw him. Silver felt a sharp stab through his chest when Ryan smiled at him and stepped back from Knox.

“I missed that,” Ryan purred.

Silver blindly reached for the camera bag sitting on the counter. He turned and made an escape just as Knox called out his name. He rushed out to the living area and found Tina.

“I have to go,” he said when he found her talking to a professor. Pulling her aside, he tried to stay calm. “I took enough pictures for a pictorial. I’ll make sure they get to the editor. I’ll see you later.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, talk to you later,” he said, kissing her cheek. He made it out the front door before Knox grabbed his arm to stop him.

“Silver,” Knox said tightly. “I’m sorry, what you saw in there—”

Silver pulled his arm out of Knox’s grasp fighting his anger. “What you do with Ryan is none of my business. I have no idea why you think I need an apology.”

“Don’t say that. I saw your face in the kitchen.” Knox hissed angrily. “You’re trying so hard to keep your distance, but I can see you’re interested. You like me too.”

“Children want to play with fire, doesn’t mean they get to do it.” Silver started for his car in quick strides and was glad Knox didn’t follow. He slammed into his red Mazda and drove off.

****

Knox cursed under his breath, kicking a stone. Things had been going so great, Jude had been right. Silver was easy to talk to if you found the right topic. If he hadn’t needed to get napkins in the kitchen, he’d have made it back to Silver without Ryan’s interference. Damn it. The hurt in Silver’s green eyes in the kitchen… He closed his eyes with a sigh. He didn’t ever want to see that defeated pain again.

“I told you he was going to walk away,” Ryan said behind him. “I don’t know what you see in Silver Reese.”

Knox grabbed Ryan’s sweater and slammed him into the pillar beside him. “You had better stay away from me. I’m going to hurt you real bad the next time you pull a stunt like that.”

“Jeez, Knox,” Ryan gasped, holding his wrists tight. “Since when do you care so much for the guys you want to fuck?”

“I don’t care for the guys I’ve already fucked,” Knox hissed. “Only the one I want to make mine. You stay away from me and Silver from now on.”

He let go of Ryan’s sweater and walked back into the house. He needed to find Tina. There was no way he was letting the day end without another chance with Silver.

****

CHAPTER 4

“Are you sure he’ll come to this party?” Knox asked Tina later that evening at the house she shared with four other girls.

Tina carried a platter of finger food into the living room to a table set in the corner, Knox following her closely. “Silver always makes it to our little get-togethers. Usually he keeps away from the main Theta Phi events. Instead he comes to the evening after-parties. He’ll be here.”

Knox sighed and shook his head. “I messed up, Tina.”

“I know you did,” Tina said, placing the tray on the table and turning to glare at him. “I told you to stay away, but you won’t. Silver likes you. He likes you so much I worry. But you, and your flings, you can’t be trusted to be with him. Do you know how pathetic that makes him?”

“Why have you never told me?” Knox asked. “I could have—”

“Could have what?” Tina demanded. “Stopped sleeping around, asked dear Ryan to let you go?”

“That’s not fair,” Knox said with a shake of his head.

“Yeah well, love never is,” Tina said with a sigh. “I’m not even sure what to tell you. I think you and Silver should walk away from each other. You’re not yet together and mines keep exploding left to right.

Knox grinned. “That just means we have awesome chemistry. It means he is jealous, and he likes me.”

“I swear if you hurt him, I’m going to skewer you alive and roast you in a pit in the front yard,” Tina warned, her eyes flashing with anger. “I mean that literally, Knox Thurston.”

Knox gaped, and watched as she headed back to the kitchen. Tina’s guests started arriving a few minutes later, mostly neighbors from Cook Street. Knox prowled around the common living room nursing a beer. Jude showed up an hour later with Jamie Foster, the team’s goalie, and Gabriel, who was the Psi U president.

He hung out with them, making sure they stayed in the front living room so he could see the front door. At around ten o’clock, he’d lost all hope that Silver was going to show up. He stood to stretch, and paused when the door swung open and in came Silver and Rex wrapped around each other. Behind them, four of their Delta Chi brothers were singing loudly.

Knox dropped his hands and stared when Silver kissed Rex, sinking his fingers into Rex’s hair. White hot anger swept through him and he started for the kissing couple. Jude stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.

“Calm down,” Jude advised. “They do that all the time, especially when they’re wasted.”

Knox cursed under his breath as Silver broke away from Rex and smiled blindly at Tina.

“Are we late?” Silver pulled Tina into a tight hug and sighed. “We forgot about the party, you know Delta Chi. I went over and my brothers had drinks, we made a small party of our own.”

“Must have been a hell of a party,” Tina said, touching Silver’s Mohawk gently. She tugged the red tips with a grin. “How much did you drink?”

“I don’t know,” Silver said dismissively. He looked around the room. “Wow, there are a lot of people. Do they all live on Cook Street?”

“Most of them,” Tina said. “I need to get you coffee. Rex why the hell did you let him get this drunk?”

“I don’t think he could be stopped.” Rex turned then and met Knox’s gaze. Rex gave him a hard look before he wrapped an arm around Silver’s waist and led him toward the kitchen.

“I’m going to see what’s going on,” Knox told Jude through gritted teeth. Jude allowed it although he followed him to the kitchen.

They found Rex forcing Silver to sip coffee.

“What’s going on?” Jude asked, stopping to kiss Tina. “Rex?”

Silver looked at them with bleary eyes. “Oh, look who it is.” He chuckled pointing at Knox. “Are you here to make out with Rex too? You can’t, Rex is mine, my kissing friend.”

“Silver,” Knox sighed. “I’m sorry about what you saw earlier.”

Silver shook his head. “There’s nothing to be sorry for,” he slurred. “Right, Rex. Knox and Ryan…” Silver hiccupped, “Knox kissing… Ryan…” His eyes filled with tears.

Rex pressed coffee to his lips and Silver swatted the cup away. It crashed on the floor. Tina gasped and Silver pressed a hand to his forehead in frustration.

“Rex, take Silver upstairs to my room,” Tina said, grabbing paper towels to clean up the floor. Rex reached for Silver’s hand.

“You guys are handling me,” Silver complained refusing to follow Rex.

“I’ll take you upstairs,” Rex cajoled. “Come on, you can’t even walk.”

“I can walk just fine.” Silver pushed Rex away and stumbled toward the living room.

Knox grabbed his arm to stop him. He gaped in surprise when Silver turned on him with stormy green eyes. “Get off me, you bastard.”

“Calm down,” Knox said, aware their little altercation was gaining an audience. He tried to pull Silver back into the kitchen, Silver wouldn’t have it.

“Don’t tell me to calm down,” Silver yelled. “I don’t even know why you’re here. Shouldn’t you be out with Ryan or one of the other twinks you fuck? This is not your thing.”

“Silver, you’re making a scene,” Knox said, keeping his tone calm even though he was on the verge of shaking Silver senseless. The music had stopped and everyone was watching them now. “If you want to talk, let’s go elsewhere.”

“I’m fine right here,” Silver scoffed.

Knox narrowed his gaze. “What is your problem? This isn’t you, getting drunk, raging out of control.”

“How do you know what is me or not?” Silver asked, anger shaking his slender body. “You know what; this is me finally taking a step into sanity. I should be locked up in a psych ward for liking you for as long as I have. You drive me crazy just by breathing. Standing here with you this close is killing me, but you can’t see that, can you? You never have.”

Knox gasped in surprise. “Silver—”

“Don’t ‘Silver’ me. You’re a bastard man-whore heart-breaker and you deserve Ryan. That punk will never love you like you deserve because you’re incapable of having a relationship. Don’t touch me again.”

Silver pushed him off and turned to the guests watching them in the living room. Taking a bottle of beer from a coffee table beside him, he held it up. “Let’s party!”

The music started again and the party continued. Knox stared after Silver in shock.

****

Sunday morning, Silver woke with a pounding headache. After a hideously cold week, the sun had decided to make an appearance, shining right through his windows. He took dark glasses from his dresser and jammed them over his eyes. Rolling out of bed onto bare feet, he wasn’t surprised to find he was still in his jeans. Habit got him to the bathroom since he could barely see. Taking a piss, he reached up to scratch his chest and his fingers came away with a paper.

He stared at the note for a moment and then dumped it in the sink; he finished taking a piss, flushed, and turned on the water in the sink.

“Shit,” he cursed under his breath, grabbing the wet paper clumsily. It ripped and he tried to read what was on it.

Rex must have been nuts to write him a note after a night spent drinking. Giving up on saving the wet note, he threw it into the trashcan, washed his hands, and avoided looking into the mirror. He left the bathroom and followed the scent of freshly brewed coffee into the kitchen.

Taking a mug from the cupboard above, he poured himself coffee and added a generous heap of sugar.

“I’m glad to see you awake.”

He hissed in irritation when he burned his tongue with hot coffee in surprise. Holding the mug carefully, he turned to find Knox leaning on the kitchen door jamb.

“Hangover must be killing you,” Knox said casually. “You mixed a lot of drinks last night.”

Silver winced, pressing his fingers to his left temple. He couldn’t hold a full conversation right now; even the sound of Knox’s voice was grating against his nerves.

“Please lower your voice,” he managed.

Knox sighed and came into the kitchen. Silver tried to ignore his presence in his house, hoping the man would get the hint and leave. His hopes were dashed when Knox took his arm and led him to a chair.

“Sit, I’ll make you a cure.” Knox returned a few minutes later with a tall glass filled with lemon-yellow liquid. “Drink,” he ordered.

Silver grimaced at the color. “I’ll stick to my coffee, thanks.”

Knox took the coffee mug deftly, and pushed the glass into his hands. “It works, believe me.”

“I bet.” Silver wrinkled his nose before he took a quick sip from the glass. “Pickles,” Silver said, gagging a bit.

Knox chuckled softly. “It’s good for hangovers.”

Silver finished the concoction quickly, and slammed the glass on the table. “Thanks, you can leave now.”

Knox gave him back his coffee. “You don’t remember last night?”

Silver looked at him with a frown. He remembered leaving Tina’s fundraiser and going to hang out with his frat brothers. He’d found them drinking and joined in; the rest was unclear.

Knox smiled and Silver scowled in annoyance. Why did that smile, so simple, send riotous thrills through him? He looked away. “I remember just fine. Got drunk with the guys, came home to sleep. I woke up to find you prowling around my apartment. What do you want?”

“Missed out on a couple of events between the drinking and coming home parts,” Knox said with a smile.

“What are you talking about?”

“Well, where to start,” Knox said in an amused tone. “Should I start with your friends crashing Tina’s party, you strip dancing on top of a coffee table, or the epic confession you gave me in front of everyone?”

Silver choked on his coffee— a horrible wet sound that resulted in coffee spewed over the table. Knox held out a bunch of napkins from the holder and Silver grabbed them. He wiped his nose and mouth. Pulling off his glasses, he wiped the table and moved his coffee mug to the side.

Silver stood, taking the dirty napkins to the trash can. He sighed when he noted that their trash bags were going to overrun the kitchen soon. But he had bigger problems right now. What in the hell was Knox talking about? Confessions, strip dancing… he didn’t remember any of it. Where was Rex?

Knox answered as though he could read his mind. “Rex was arrested; Tina went to get him out. She asked me to check on you.”

Silver slumped against the counter. “What the hell happened last night?”

Knox pushed his chair back so that he could look at him. “What happened last night was a result of you denying yourself the pleasures of life.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You didn’t need to get roaring drunk to tell me you liked me.” Knox smirked at him when he gasped. Silver shook his head in denial and Knox stopped him. “No use denying, you declared it pretty loud. The whole street knows you like me.”

Silver bit his lip and wondered if his frat brothers would let him hide at the Delta Chi house until graduation. He was melting with embarrassment.

“Silver—”

“I think you should leave.”

“We need to talk,” Knox said his hazel eyes serious. “Do you really think I’m incapable of having a serious relationship?”

“Is that what I said?” Silver folded his arms against his chest, marveling at the lows he’d reached this weekend.

“There were also words like man-whore, player, and heartbreaker thrown in there.” Knox came to stand in front of him. “All I got was that you’ve had a crush on me, and you don’t think we can date.”

“Looks like I covered everything, so what are you doing here?”

“Despite what you saw with Ryan yesterday, there’s nothing going—”

“I don’t need to know.” Silver dropped his head into his hands. He wished he could forget the image of Knox and Ryan in the Theta Phi kitchen. He’d felt hurt, having been the recipient of one of those kisses just the night before. He’d felt betrayed—he had no right to feel that way—yet he had. Eyes closed, he berated his heart for the painful twist every time he thought about their kiss in the pantry. “Please, Knox, can you just go away. I’m sorry for embarrassing you.”

“Silver—”

“Stop,” Silver said quietly. “You started this when you kissed me Friday night. I’ve tried to stay away from you, but you—” Silver shook his head. “I don’t need you complicating my life.”

“I like you too,” Knox said, taking a step closer. “I’m here because I’d like to make it work with you.”

Silver chuckled bitterly. “You’re caught up in the drama, Knox. I’m sorry I apparently lost my mind last night, but we’re too different to make it work.”

Knox’s eyes narrowed in irritation. “I think I like you better wasted— you’re more truthful. I’m taking you out for dinner tonight.”

“Call Ryan, take him out.” Silver ran a hand through his choppy hair. He needed to find his cellphone and find out if he could make it up to Tina and Rex. Shit, the last time he’d had one of these drinking blackouts he’d woken up half naked in his frat house backyard.

Knox reached out to touch Silver’s jaw with his left hand. He tried to turn away, but Knox wouldn’t let go. He closed his eyes as Knox’s traced his stubble with a thumb. “I’m hoping you’ll remember what you told me when we finally got you home. When your head is clearer, please try to remember. I’ll pick you up at seven tonight.”

Knox surprised him with a kiss on his forehead before he left. The moment the front door closed, Silver rushed back to his room determined to find his phone. If he could just remember what had happened last night.

His socks and T-shirt were on the floor. Picking up the black T-shirt, he grimaced when a whiff of stale beer hit him. He dropped the shirt and stared at the bed. He hadn’t noticed before, but he’d slept on top of the covers. His ring tone jingled, drawing his attention to the black phone on his study desk.

He answered on the second ring.

“Did you read the note?” Tina demanded.

“It fell in the bathroom sink,” he said, moving to sit on the bed. “How bad is it?”

“You promised to give Knox a chance last night,” Tina told him with a laugh. “I wrote the note to warn you that he might show this morning.”

Silver dropped his head and rubbed his eyes. “How’s Rex?”

“Rex is fine, suffering a hangover.”

“How did he get arrested?” Silver asked.

“Disturbing the peace,” Tina said. “You and Rex started a porch fight yesterday with my neighbors. Knox saved you; Rex got caught with a few of Knox’s teammates. They were too drunk, so the cops kept them overnight.”

Silver groaned. “I’m sorry, Tina.”

“Don’t be,” Tina laughed, making him feel better. “It was great to see you let loose for once. Take a shower; we’ll be right over, all right?”

She hung up and he stared at his phone in shock. His life seemed to have spiraled out of control in the past twelve hours. Letting a sigh escape, he threw his phone on the bed and headed to the shower.

****

Silver hugged Rex when they finally came back home. Rex looked beat, hangover, and his clothes reeked. “Go take a shower, there’s coffee in the kitchen.”

Rex hurried to his room. Silver turned to Tina and raised his brow in question. “What happened last night?”

“You,” Tina said, walking into the living room. She sank onto the couch with a wide grin. “You and your frat brothers got wasted. Rex says it started around one o’clock, by the time you showed up at my house, you were definitely drunk. Knox was there, and you two had a fight in the living room with everyone looking on.”

Silver groaned and sat down in armchair. “I feel like I’m in freshman year again.”

“I thought it was fun as hell.” Tina grinned at him. “I know you didn’t read the note I stuck on your chest. I hoped you would.”

“It fell in the sink.” Silver sat back in his chair. “Knox was here when I woke up. He told me he was taking me out to dinner. Do you know what that’s about?”

Tina reached for her bag and pulled out her cell phone. She came around to sit on the arm of his chair and held out her phone. “I’m your best friend, and last night happened to be the craziest night you’ve had since I’ve known you. I taped this because I figured you’d want to remember.”

She handed him the phone and stood. “I’ll be in the kitchen.”

He frowned as she hurried away. He started the video and gaped when he saw Knox laying him down gently on his bed. Knox started to move away, but he stopped him. Grabbing onto his shirt, he pulled Knox close.

“Silver,” Knox whispered, bracing his palms on either side of him on the bed. “You need to sleep.”

“I need you,” Silver slurred out. He bunched his fingers into Knox’s shirt.

“I’m right here,” Knox said, leaning to press a kiss on his jaw, then his eyes.

Silver moved slightly and Knox’s lips found his. They kissed, Knox still braced above him.

“I love that,” Silver murmured a few minutes later. “I love kissing you Knox. I’d do anything to have you kiss me all day and night. Why do you have to break my heart with Ryan?”

“Silver, I didn’t know,” Knox said. “I didn’t know you cared about me at all. Why didn’t you say anything?”

“Why would I? You’d have used me and thrown me away and I wouldn’t have been able to live with myself.”

Knox sighed and pulled him into a tight hug. “I promise you if you give me a chance, I’ll commit, Silver.”

Silver scoffed, his arms going around Knox’s waist. “Will you hold me for a while before you go?”

Knox shifted on the bed, until he was lying beside him. Silver watched as Knox held him against his chest gently.

The video ended and he sat gaping at Tina’s phone. No wonder Knox had been so persistent this morning. Placing Tina’s phone on the coffee table, he sat back in the armchair and thought about dinner with Knox. Maybe it was time to give in, he thought, his heart beating wildly. To have Knox, to be with Knox always. He closed his eyes. Wouldn’t that be heaven?

****

lilansui (Suilan Lee), 2013
  • Like 26
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that party! What a wild time! Rex was arrested, Silver confessed to Knox...can't wait for more!

 

On to chapter three! :)

Link to comment
On 09/08/2013 01:46 PM, Lisa said:
I would have loved to be a fly on the wall during that party! What a wild time! Rex was arrested, Silver confessed to Knox...can't wait for more!

 

On to chapter three! :)

Lol, love wild parties too, :)
Link to comment

I didn't expect to see the drunk side of Silver and ready-for-committment side of Knox. Loved it. Finally they would be together. I am so excited. Great work, Sui. Moving on to the next chapter:)

Link to comment
On 09/28/2013 04:15 PM, sacredlove said:
I didn't expect to see the drunk side of Silver and ready-for-committment side of Knox. Loved it. Finally they would be together. I am so excited. Great work, Sui. Moving on to the next chapter:)
I had fun writing that Silver gets drunk moment, great moment that one.
Link to comment
On 11/22/2013 07:34 AM, joann414 said:
What a great story! So glad I went snooping around in your writing today :P
You make my day, Jo Ann. Thanks so much.
Link to comment
On 08/08/2014 01:11 AM, Slytherin said:
What a cute Little story. I loved that Tina filmed that scene and shared it with Silver :D:thumbup:
Silver's very own paparazzi lol. :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..