Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 2,768 Words
  • 5,804 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Silver Ice - 3. Chapter 3

CHAPTER 5

Knox stood at Silver’s door at exactly seven o’clock. He adjusted the collar of his double-breasted black jacket and stuck his car keys into the pocket. Ringing the doorbell, he stepped back, nervous. He’d waited for Silver’s call all day. When the call hadn’t come, he worried that Silver might stand him up.

He waited a minute before he reached for the doorbell again. Before he could press the button, the door swung open. Silver looked handsome in black: black slim blazer, black T-shirt, black jeans, and on his feet, black Nike kicks. His mink-black hair was trimmed to a shorter Mohawk. The red tips were gone, sad, but the new look suited Silver. Green eyes met his and he smiled.

“Are you ready?”

“Question. Is this an official date?” Silver asked, holding on to the door. “You’re not going to be kissing Ryan tomorrow, are you?”

Knox sighed. “I promise this is a serious first date. No more Ryan.”

Silver gauged his answer before he stepped out and closed the door. Knox led the way to his black SUV. He opened the passenger door for Silver and earned himself a short smile. He drove them to Just a Taste; Tina had told him it was Silver’s favorite restaurant.

They were seated at a secluded table, and Knox watched Silver order dinner. As they waited for their food, Silver hugged his wine glass, a frown dancing on his forehead.

“I wanted to apologize again for screaming at you last night,” Silver said quietly. “For embarrassing you—”

“Apology not accepted,” Knox said, making Silver’s head jerk up in surprise. “I would never have known how you feel about me without that outburst.”

Silver blushed slightly. “The last time I drank like that, I was in freshman year. I woke in the backyard at Delta Chi half-naked with pen marks on my face. It wasn’t the best experience.”

Knox chuckled. “I would have loved to see that.”

“I bet,” Silver said, sipping his wine. They both laughed, and Knox felt relief as the air lightened.

He relaxed, and they ended up talking about Silver’s thesis and his own plans after graduation. They moved on to talking about their families, and during the main course Silver told him about his semester in Rome.

It was surprisingly easy to talk to Silver. Knox loved Silver’s quick wit, and the easy way he listened. Silver’s green eyes held his with interest, clearly enjoying their conversation. Knox couldn’t remember the last time he’d had such a good time. They lingered over dessert.

Watching Silver fork bites of a chocolate soufflé into his mouth turned into an exercise in self-control, his gaze continually drawn to Silver’s lips as he licked whipped cream from the corner of his mouth.

Knox dropped his napkin on his lap when the waiter brought their bill. He didn’t want to leave just yet, but he wanted a chance to kiss Silver tonight. Reaching for his wallet, he paid the bill.

They left the restaurant and Knox drove slowly back to Collegetown. Silver sat quietly in the passenger seat, so Knox reached out and took his left hand.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked.

Silver held Knox’s bandaged hand gently. “I had fun tonight. I don’t want the night to end yet.”

Knox nodded. “I have an idea.”

Silver glanced at him with a frown. “What kind of idea?”

Knox grinned. “It’s a surprise.”

Silver laughed squeezing his fingers. “I don’t know if I like surprises.”

“Trust me?” Knox asked quietly.

Silver hesitated for a moment before he answered quietly. “I trust you.”

****

Trust, Silver thought, as Knox drove through campus.

The past two days seemed like a whirlwind. It seemed as though one minute he’d been standing by the pool table wishing Knox would see him and the next, they were kissing and having fights— and now they were out on a date. An actual date, with Knox Thurston. Silver’s heart was dancing merrily in his chest. He was glad Rex and Tina had urged him not to cancel on Knox. “You can’t live your life on the sidelines, Silver. He wants to give it a try, and you’ve wanted him forever. Seize the day.

So here he sat, in Knox’s car, playing with the bandage on Knox’s right hand. Whatever happened, he decided, he’d always have this moment.

Knox pulled into the Alexander Rink. He parked his car in the back and urged Silver out.

“What are we doing here?” Silver asked. It was almost nine o’clock; he wondered if the rink was still open. Knox smiled mysteriously at him. They entered the building through a side entrance.

Knox paused long enough to get them skates from the skate rental booth before they headed to the lighted ice rink. Silver sat on a bench, removing his kicks so that he could wear the skates.

“What happens if we get caught?” Silver looked around the deserted rink warily.

“We won’t be caught,” Knox promised, helping him with his skates. “Do you know how to skate?”

Silver shrugged, tying the laces on his skates. He’d never really skated, but it couldn’t be that hard. “I can manage.”

Knox held out a hand to help him up. Knox rubbed his upper arms to keep him warm and buttoned his jacket. He pulled out gloves from his pocket and handed them to Silver.

“When did you start playing ice hockey?” Silver asked when they got on the ice. He managed to keep his balance as he watched Knox glide a few feet away. Knox was the picture of grace in dark chinos; his double-breasted jacket fit him to perfection. Silver caught his breath when Knox did a few turns on the ice.

“I was in second grade,” Knox said, coming to take his hand.

Silver breathed out in relief when Knox tugged on his hand slightly and he managed to glide his skates on the ice. It was terrifying and fun. He was half afraid he’d fall on his ass.

Knox stayed by his side as they skated slowly. “My mother thought I was crazy, but she liked ice-skating. She thought I was going to turn out like those guys who do flips and jump all over the ice.”

Silver laughed. “I can imagine you in tights.”

Knox grinned. “You wish. I’d rather die than be caught in those. When I joined the community ice hockey team, my mom cried buckets. She thought I was going to end up with no teeth and all my bones broken.”

Silver’s gaze fell on Knox’s right wrist. “I can understand her.”

“Were you worried about me too?” Knox asked with a raised brow.

“I’ve been to the ice hockey games. I’ve seen how bad the players get hurt.” Silver tightened his hold on Knox’s left hand.

Knox turned to look at him, skating backwards. “It’s ridiculous how happy I feel right now.”

“Why?” Silver looked at him with a raised brow.

“You worried about me,” Knox said, stopping abruptly. Silver bumped into him and gasped as he started to lose his balance. Knox wrapped a strong arm around him. Silver glanced up to find Knox smiling at him. “It warms me deep inside, Silver.”

Silver held on to Knox’s shoulders and stared into hazel eyes.

“I guess you’ve found me out,” he murmured. “It’s not exactly easy liking a guy like you, Knox. You’re handsome, popular, reckless, not to mention your dating flaws.” Silver sighed. “With all those odds, my stupid heart seems hell-bent on caring for you.”

Knox leaned to kiss him, the touch of his lips intoxicating, sending wild thrills through him. He clung tightly to Knox’s shoulders. When they pulled apart, Knox smiled.

“I don’t think your heart is stupid. And the only reason why I’ve dated like I did before was because I hadn’t met you. Yesterday, after your confession, I wished we’d met earlier. I wished I’d paid more attention and seen your heart, Silver.”

Silver buried his face into Knox’s shoulder. It felt like a dream to have Knox talking to him like this. His resolve and anger melted as Knox held him tight. His body burned for Knox, needing him.

“I’m afraid,” Silver said quietly.

Knox rocked them back and forth for a moment. “Me too,” Knox confessed.

Silver pulled back to look at him. “Why are you afraid?”

Knox shrugged. “I’m worried you’re not going to give us a chance. I’m scared you’re going to judge me too soon and walk away.”

Silver reached up to touch Knox’s jaw.

“I won’t,” he promised.

Knox smiled and kissed him again. He closed his eyes and melted into Knox’s embrace.

****

They left the rink, and Silver clutched Knox’s hand during the short drive to Knox’s apartment on Cook Street. The rink was always cold, his fingers freezing every time he went to an ice hockey game. Tonight there was none of that; Knox’s warmth seeped into him, awakening his body. As they stepped into the living room, they were both glad to discover a note from Jude saying he was staying at Tina’s.

“Want coffee?” Knox asked as he removed his jacket to reveal a white Henley. “I’ll make it—”

Silver closed the distance between them and leaned up to kiss Knox. Now that he had him so close, he didn’t want anything else. Knox moaned, dragging him close.

“Are you sure, Silver?” Knox asked, breaking their kiss abruptly. “I don’t want to hurry you—”

“I’m sure.” Silver reached for the edges of Knox’s shirt, pulling it up. “I won’t be afraid anymore, Knox. I want you.”

Knox stroked his jaw, “I want you too.”

They undressed each other in frenzied passion, clothes strewn on furniture. They ended up on the floor. Silver’s body arched in silent ecstasy when Knox took him into his mouth. He came violently, fingers digging into the carpet as Knox stroked him. He begged for more and got it, clinging to broad shoulders when Knox took him with slow thrusts, building up their passion. Driving him mad with need each time he thrust and hit that spot deep inside him that made him grind his hips against Knox. He wrapped his legs around Knox’s waist and leaned up to kiss him. Their lips fused, and they found their rhythm, finally coming apart in each other’s arms.

****

CHAPTER 6

Silver pushed his reading glasses higher on his nose and adjusted his drawing pen. His project was almost done; his final thesis review was scheduled for eight in the morning the next day. He’d been working nonstop for a whole week now; it felt endless. One minute, he was making progress, the next; he discovered an aspect that wasn’t working with the plan.

“Food time, Silver.” Knox interrupted his thoughts. “You have to eat; it’s almost midnight.”

Silver smiled, loving the sound of Knox’s stern voice. They’d been together for a month and a half. Endless nights spent together at Knox’s apartment, or his, making love. He blushed at the memory of their insatiable bouts. Their passion was unrelenting, burning him to a crisp each time they came together.

Knox came around the desk to sink his fingers into Silver’s hair. Silver closed his eyes when Knox pressed a hot kiss on the back of his neck.

“Hello, sexy,” Knox purred into his ear. “How’s the project going?”

“I’m almost done,” Silver said, turning to look at Knox. He moaned when Knox took his mouth in a heated kiss. He dropped his pen and pushed back his chair so that he could stand. Knox pulled him into his arms, breaking the kiss after a moment to hold him.

“I’m worried this project is stealing you away from me,” Knox complained. “Rex says you didn’t go home to shower today.”

Silver chuckled. “You were worse two weeks ago when you were doing your final finance project. I barely saw you.”

Knox groaned and held him tighter, if that were possible, before he let go. “I brought you a hamburger and coffee to help you stay up. I’ll keep you company until you’re done.”

“You don’t have to stay here,” Silver said in surprise. “I mean—”

Knox stopped his protests with a kiss. “I love you, Silver. I’m worried about you. Keeping you company will make me happy.”

Silver grinned at Knox.

“What?” Knox asked, staring at him when he didn’t move to the small table in the workshop where the food was. “Do I have something on my face?”

Silver shook his head. “You just said you love me.”

Knox paused and flashed him a smile. “It’s the truth.”

Silver swallowed hard, and closed the distance between them. “I love you too,” he said, quietly hugging Knox. “I love you so much.”

Knox laughed, burying his face into Silver’s neck. “I’ve been hoping to hear that from you for a while now. I was kind of hoping to hear it before graduation.”

“Why?” Silver pulled back to look at him.

Knox took his hand and led him to the small table, pushing him into a seat. Silver took the hamburger and fries Knox held out and took a bite.

“I accepted the job in Manhattan.” Knox told him quietly.

Silver stared at his hamburger, thinking about the interviews he’d done a few weeks ago. He and Knox had thrown a celebration party when an architecture firm in New York had called him. With Knox accepting the job in Manhattan, they were definitely going to see each other often.

“Silver, say something,” Knox urged.

“Is it what you want?” Silver asked him, worried that Knox might have chosen the investment bank in Manhattan only because he would also be going to New York.

“Yes,” Knox said quietly. “It’s a great offer, and it comes with a few perks. I couldn’t have asked for a better first job.”

Silver smiled and picked up his hamburger. “So what is it you haven’t told me?”

Knox pulled his chair closer to him and took his hand. “We haven’t talked about life after graduation. Silver, I don’t want to lose what we have together. I don’t want to spend a minute away from you.”

“Knox—”

“Will you move in with me?” Knox asked quickly. “Come live with me in Manhattan? I checked out my apartment and your new job. It’s an easy commute with the subway and—”

Silver put his hamburger down and tangled his fingers with Knox’s. “You drive me crazy. All these roundabout stories— you should have just asked me. I’d love to move in with you.”

“Are you sure?”

Silver cupped Knox’s jaw. “I’ve wanted you since sophomore year— three years and a couple months. The past month has been amazing, being with you.” He shook his head in awe. “I don’t want to lose this either. So, yes, I’m sure, Knox.”

Knox laughed and smiled. “This is the best graduation gift.”

****

Silver managed to finish his thesis project. He presented it before a panel of his professors, nervous and animated about the restoration topic he’d chosen. His five years condensed down to two hours answering intense questions.

When he finally left the review room, he found Knox waiting in the hallway for him. Knox didn’t talk; he opened his arms and held him tight, giving him courage. When Silver could breathe without panicking, he pulled away and paced the hallway as the review board discussed his project.

Jude, Tina and Rex arrived a few minutes later, to wait with him. When one of the professors came to get him, Knox squeezed his shoulder and he went in to get the decision of his life.

It didn’t take long; he left the review room ten minutes later with a nervous grin.

“Well,” Knox demanded when he finally reached their group.

“I passed,” Silver said his voice shaky. “I’m graduating.”

Knox pulled him into a tight hug, with a loud shout of excitement. He was twirled around and passed to Tina and Rex, even to Jude. Silver finally found himself back in Knox’s arms and he couldn’t help the tears in his eyes.

He was officially a qualified architect. He had a job, the greatest friends, and best of all, the man of his dreams. He hoped their future would remain this bright forever, but for now… Knox kissed him sweetly. This was the best graduation gift in the world.

A perfect happy ending for now, he decided when Knox twirled him around.

****

THE END

Thanks for Reading! I hope you enjoyed this short fiction of mine.
lilansui (Suilan Lee), 2013
  • Like 35
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Loved it, loved it, loved it! :)

 

What an awesome story, Sui! I wish I could read more about their life in the city. Maybe they'd run into Alexi and Joshua over the summer. lol

 

Oh, one little thing: in American English we say 'mom', not 'mum', like Silver and Knox had been saying. I know they say 'mum' in Canada, Great Britian, and the UK. Just thought I'd be a pain and mention it...

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Hey,

great story. I was wondrering how it could be ended in 3 chapters in a satisfactory way. That's a hard length...enough to get invested in the characters and be left wanting more in most cases. You managed to make it feel like it was filled out well, developed enough to feel like it was finished. I'd have preferred a longer story about these two, but it was sweet and didn't feel rushed. Great job.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 09/08/2013 02:10 PM, Lisa said:
Loved it, loved it, loved it! :)

 

What an awesome story, Sui! I wish I could read more about their life in the city. Maybe they'd run into Alexi and Joshua over the summer. lol

 

Oh, one little thing: in American English we say 'mom', not 'mum', like Silver and Knox had been saying. I know they say 'mum' in Canada, Great Britian, and the UK. Just thought I'd be a pain and mention it...

Thank you so much!!

 

No, your correction is not a pain, I've changed them,tell me if I missed any. Thank you for reading and reviewing, it truly means a lot to me, Lisa.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/08/2013 02:44 PM, Cannd said:
Hey,

great story. I was wondrering how it could be ended in 3 chapters in a satisfactory way. That's a hard length...enough to get invested in the characters and be left wanting more in most cases. You managed to make it feel like it was filled out well, developed enough to feel like it was finished. I'd have preferred a longer story about these two, but it was sweet and didn't feel rushed. Great job.

Thank You Cannd.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another simple, sweet and romantic story from you like a refreshing breeze which warmed my heart. Amazing characters, great dialogues and a beautiful story. You did full justice with the story in limited words. Another gem in your crown girl. Great work. Keep going:)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 09/28/2013 04:24 PM, sacredlove said:
Another simple, sweet and romantic story from you like a refreshing breeze which warmed my heart. Amazing characters, great dialogues and a beautiful story. You did full justice with the story in limited words. Another gem in your crown girl. Great work. Keep going:)
Sui gives you a short *curtsy* Thank you for reading Sacred. I'm glad you loved Silver Ice. :)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/22/2013 07:42 AM, joann414 said:
What a feel good story. Once again, so glad I found it. Made my day :worship::funny:
Thank you so much!!! You made my day too by reading and loving Silver Ice. You're the best.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ah, such a sweet story. I fall in love with your characters each time I read your stories. And there's this silly smile on my face. Amazing.

 

Thanks for sharing this gem. :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/28/2013 09:35 PM, Alcarose said:
Thank you for sharing this short, but amazing story!

Definitly made my day. Keep up the good work :)

Thank you for reading Alcarose! That makes my day and I"m glad you loved it. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/07/2013 09:36 PM, Ieshwar said:
Ah, such a sweet story. I fall in love with your characters each time I read your stories. And there's this silly smile on my face. Amazing.

 

Thanks for sharing this gem. :)

Thank you so much!! I'm loving the silly smile, makes me get an even bigger silly smile...:) lol. I'm happy to share! Thank you for reading.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/08/2014 09:57 AM, Slytherin said:
A really nice feel good story. I really like your Writing. Good job :D
Thank you again for leaving me a thought Slytherin. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/17/2017 at 4:13 AM, sweetlion86 said:

Agree with all the above. Sweet short story:thankyou:

Thank you Sweetlion.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Bft

Posted (edited)

I loved this story, Knox sounds 🥵 , but I think that the story was way to short. 

 

Edited by Bft
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 9/8/2013 at 5:10 AM, Lisa said:

Loved it, loved it, loved it! :)

 

What an awesome story, Sui! I wish I could read more about their life in the city. Maybe they'd run into Alexi and Joshua over the summer. lol

 

Oh, one little thing: in American English we say 'mom', not 'mum', like Silver and Knox had been saying. I know they say 'mum' in Canada, Great Britian, and the UK. Just thought I'd be a pain and mention it...

The Yanks have mangled the English language 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Bft said:

I loved this story, Knox sounds 🥵 , but I think that the story was way to short. 

 

It was a short written for an anthology elsewhere. Seeing your comment made me go back and reread it too. I'm so glad you found this short story, it was one of my firsts. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..