Jump to content
    LJCC
  • Author
  • 1,019 Words
  • 1,529 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Longest Third Date - 1. INTRO: THE BOYS

I will definitely modify this, not eliminate or cut parts, but instead ADD more context.

KLEBBER and DENNIS Netflix Intro


A red ‘Letter N’ unfolds into a spectrum of colors.

In the following scene, a blue partition stands in the middle beneath the hanging acoustic ceilings of an unoccupied studio.

Facing the divider is a yellow leather couch.

To its left, a floor lamp stands beside three potted areca plants, and on either side, corner tables are crafted by stacking circular slats of marble plates.

The director calls for silence, saying, "Quiet, please."

Another voice chimes in, "Take one, mark."

The screen transitions to a man seated in the center of the couch.

He starts playing Lucas Imbiriba’s Malagueña on the guitar.

The scene transitions as the camera zooms in on the guitar player's face, his wavy, dark hair cascading over his shoulders.

At the same time, half of the screen features a blonde man blinking, his piercing eyes radiating warmth—the lightest shade of blue one can imagine.

The camera pans out, revealing his chiseled features, straight nose, and olive skin, captivating the audience with a single blink and tantalizing glare.

Returning to the guitar player on the other half of the screen, the camera zooms further, capturing his hazel-brown eyes and long eyelashes closing in harmony with the guitar's beat.

It shifts focus to his spirited strumming, fingers dancing like possessed spirits, and eyes closing and opening with the swift plucking that marks the introduction.

The screen transitions to a dark blue background with words flashing:

(A Netflix Documentary...)

Acoustic percussion intensifies, hastening the rhythm, accompanied by the sounds of fingers tapping the guitar base, complementing the music.

(ITV America in association with CIVILIAN 7 ENTERTAINMENT.)

As the flamenco-inspired tune concludes, upbeat summer music takes over.

The screen showcases a tall brunette, his hair tied in a manbun, sitting on the right side of a leather couch.

He wears a pink bomber jacket, black shirt, white pants, and yellow sneakers, leaning forward with a smile and legs splayed open.

On the left side sits a shorter man with clipped blonde hair, legs crossed, adjusting his black sweatshirt and dark denims.

"Give me a moment. A thread is stuck. This gets really annoying," Klebber remarks. The director in the background instructs, "Greg, can you double-check our marks?"

"I was on time, right? I was super on time," the man with the manbun comments, as the shot pans out to Dennis Ellison's face. "Not for my dates with Kleb. But today, I was on time."

The screen shifts to Klebber Toledo, the shorter blonde man. "So how did you two meet?" asks the producer in the background.

"Dennis and I met on a dating app, Tinge," Klebber reveals.

Dennis adds, "I swiped right. Broke my streak of 58 uninteresting half-naked guys."

[The screen displays pictures of Klebber's Tinge profile.]

“He had a picture of himself surfing, so at least I got to see his abs.”

“And…?” says the producer. Laughter incites the staff to giggle in the background.

Dennis bites his lower lip and slouches on the couch, planting his hands on his face.

“Ok. I admit, he’s very hot. Really gorgeous. He's blonde, tanned, has an amazing smile, and knows how to surf. Who wouldn’t swipe on him? I wanted to find someone who’s fun. We’re going to travel and go on adventures. That was my priority. I was really hoping he’d swipe back, so it was a waiting game.”

[Dennis's Tinge profile is shown on the screen.]

Klebber shares, "I couldn't get a read of him. Every image was so different. In one picture, he was at a beach playing the ukulele. In another, he was at a formal party, sipping champagne with friends. And then the next one, he was DJ'ing at a club, getting kissed on the lips by a bearded man dressed in a nurse's outfit with a mistletoe above. I think there was one photo where he was getting smooched by Chris Evans on the cheeks. His profile was wild."

"Did you ever think he was a fuckboy?" asks the producer, leading to laughter in the studio. "You told him that he looked like a fuckboy on your first date."

"Yes, I did. I mean, he's a very good-looking guy. Tall, dark-haired, has that goofy smile like he's the naughtiest kid at a preschool shoot for a school ID. I'm sure he's had a long streak of men he was having sex with regularly when we first met," Klebber chuckles.

"Did he?"

"I don't know. He kept laughing whenever I would ask. Now that I think of it, his laughter annoys the shit out of me."

"Does it annoy you still?" asks the producer.

"No. But he says he finds my snoring annoying. Now we're even."

"So how did you end up swiping him back?" asks the producer.

"There was one answer to Dennis's profile where he's like, I'm looking for a partner to complement my lifestyle."

"What's wrong with that?" says the producer.

"This guy's looking for a life partner. Definitely not for me. I wanted to put myself out there just to have fun—nothing really serious. I have just ended a 3-year relationship, so I'm very wary of encouraging anything serious. But I was looking at Dennis's photo where he was carrying his nephew in his arms with that ridiculous grin," Klebber smiles. "And it seems like that photo stuck to me. It sets it apart from all his pictures where he's partying with different guys. And then there was a voice in my head that said: This is the real Dennis. Just try him. Go for a test run, you know, whatever. So I swiped him."

[The screen flashes with both their profiles matching.]

"Eventually," says Dennis, "oh, you matched. Well then, I have to say something. I typed in my phone: hey gorgeous. Smiley face." Dennis chuckles. "And that was it. I would never have envisioned what's in store for us next. But we're matched. We're talking. I guess, the next step would be to go on a date now." He snorts. "Well, might as well."


SCENE 1:

THE MEETCUTE


Copyright © 2023 LJCC; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 6
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Based on a Netflix documentary of the same name, I decided to write this and think of how two gay men would survive this type of relationship. Curiously enough, it got me thinking and writing.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

i can't click fast enough. i have a feeling that this is going to be a very epic story masterfully written like you always do. like i'm really excited for this. is this already complete? cause don't you dare tease me with something this good. how dare you make me feel happy for a moment. ha ha.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Just now, stefan7891 said:

i can't click fast enough. i have a feeling that this is going to be a very epic story masterfully written like you always do. like i'm really excited for this. is this already complete? cause don't you dare tease me with something this good. how dare you make me feel happy for a moment. ha ha.

 

I'll be posting this next year. And you're right...this is a teaser 😂

Sorry for keeping your hopes up.

But I'm awfully writing this at a faster pace. Probably because romantic stories are my jam.

  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Just now, LJCC said:

I'll be posting this next year. And you're right...this is a teaser 😂

Sorry for keeping your hopes up.

But I'm awfully writing this at a faster pace. Probably because romantic stories are my jam.

here you go making me fall for characters i'll be reading months from now. i hate you. ha ha. but this teaser is really really good. like im actually watching a netflix documentary.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
Just now, stefan7891 said:

here you go making me fall for characters i'll be reading months from now. i hate you. ha ha. but this teaser is really really good. like im actually watching a netflix documentary.

 

Sorry. My bad. 😆

But I always post stories ahead, so I won't be fickle-minded about repeatedly changing things up.

That way, I actually get to finish writing this. 

Because I will finish this...I'm already invested in the story that I've dreamt of them for two nights in a row, which forced me to finally write things down and end their yammering in my head.

 

  • Love 3
Link to comment

This sounds really interesting. Looking forward to it. Even if we have to wait a little while.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
35 minutes ago, VBlew said:

This sounds really interesting. Looking forward to it. Even if we have to wait a little while.

 

It's been very interesting so far.

The Netflix interview sitdown is written in present tense, while the bulk of the story is written in 3rd Person POV.

It's basically a Netflix documentary interview on every major episode or chapter.

I'm definitely having fun writing this. 😁

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Updates? When will the story hit it off? Part 1 or 2?

Edited by Erik
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Just now, Erik said:

Updates? When will the story gets going?

The story I've written was lost--deleted from my old macbook. It was around 50k+ already.

So I rewrote this story again, and currently at 20k+ words. Expect 3 to 4 months before I finish this. 

I prefer the 2nd version imo. 😁

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Oke, some extra work! As I read it will be worth while. Bon chance!

  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, stefan7891 said:

when are you posting the entire story? been waiting for this for ages.

Currently at 107k (at the time of this message) with around 9 or 10 more chapters to go.

This is quite a long story, something I never anticipated, to be honest.

So roughly around June or July'ish.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..