Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Rebel's Temptation - 2. Chapter 2

Chapter 2


 


My school was a rather big school, large media center, more than ten bathrooms, and classrooms from here to there. It was such an enormous structure, but the amount of students didn’t match its carrying capacity. This town is a small town afterall, which of course meant there is a low population density. So obviously the school doesn’t have a huge amount of students like other schools, but that was fine with me. Less people meant more room to walk around, I hate crammed spaces.


My school, like any other followed the typical social standards, in other words the social hierarchy. I of course stood in the –watch it punk, get out of my way- section all the way at the bottom. It was rather depressing at times, but it did have its perks. The nobodies, the ones in the corner, or the quiet ones, are usually the most observant; they see and hear most things that others are too preoccupied to listen to.


I walked in slowly, scan everything around me, cheerleaders to my right, jocks to my left, and the occasional band member scattered all over, but no Mr. Goth Guy. I was beginning to feel frustrated by how much harder this search would actually be. He must be here though, a town as small as this one didn’t have other high schools but this one. I need to find him, I have to find him! I began walking around quicker, I knew that I would only have some minutes before class started and then I wouldn’t get to keep searching until lunch time came.


Searching in every corner of this school, and nothing, he was nowhere to be seen. I walked into the bathroom, after all this running around; I needed to wash the beads of sweat that were forming on my forehead. Perspiration wasn’t the most attractive feature, it made obvious of both my struggle and failure. I walked inside slowly towards the sink, hopefully no one was inside. I personally don’t like sharing bathrooms with others, bathroom time is personal and involving others made it more public and uncomfortable. You never know when a peeping Tom may strike, quiet and observant. Using my hands as a bowl, I allowed the water to fill and then I splashed it on my face, very refreshing.


“You were looking for me” said the indifferent voice.


Looking up from the sink, my eyes met his reflection in the mirror; I stared never looking away from the reflection. Turning around, facing him again seemed… I don’t know, it frightened me. He was a mystery after all, there was no name whatsoever just that memory of the kiss. I felt the anger and the sadness creeping in me, I was good at hiding emotion but this time I couldn’t hide the slight tremble in my arms. This guy, he knows, he’s seen me at my lowest.


My eyes made their way to his face, searching for any hint of remorse, or happiness, or maybe even lust, but his expression was unreadable. His eyes were just as haunting as before though, blue and piercing, shrouded by the darkness of the black eyeliner. There was something there however, the face and the eyes didn’t match up in emotion, his eyes definitely displayed something different. If I could be granted one wish, I would desire most of all right now the power to read minds. I was intrigued by what could lie buried in his mind, what he truly thought of all that had happened. I wanted a clear reading, insight, to what he thought of me.


“You Okay?” came the question.


I nodded, still facing the reflection rather than facing him. I felt unprepared I guess, I had committed myself to search for him, but I never actually went over what I would tell him. I felt something gnawing at me, how strange that he found me instead of the other way around. Questions began to bombard my thought, How did he know I was looking for him? Has he been watching me, I don’t know, maybe following me? I felt the goose bumps of fright spread all over me, moving fast and leaving no area of my skin un-panicked. It wasn’t really a fear of anything in particular, not of this guy, not of being in the bathroom all alone with him, not even the fact that we had kissed the day before, it was more a fear of being left in the dark. I was clueless, which in other words translated to being left helpless.


Helplessness, now that seemed as familiar as the back of my hand. It had not been long ago where I had felt the very helplessness taking control, destroying me on the inside and I of course let it. I never fought back. I never bothered trying. This helplessness though was not as lethal, it was merely smothering me. It held a firm grip of my neck making my mind much more hesitant.


His reflection seemed to come closer to me, still afraid I closed my eyes tightly, feeling my lashes brush against the top of my cheeks. I could feel him close. I felt a hand on my right shoulder, “look at me” he said softly. The weight of his hand sent static wiring around my body. I opened my eyes and his reflection was staring right at me, “please, not the reflection, look at me” his breath felt cool splashing against the back of my neck. His presence was so intimately close, and I of course was quite uncomfortable. I didn’t understand, why was he doing this to me? It seems as if he was purposely doing all this in order to see my discomfort, but that couldn’t be because he backed off. “Ok then” he said, “follow me” Follow him? I reached for the phone in my pocket. First Period was already beginning, I was late, and we were late. I slipped the phone back into my pocket and looked him right in the eyes. I still had no answers, was that not the original point for searching for him? “Come” he said with a soft smile. I nodded and followed him out the door.


The halls were empty; no guards or teachers in sight, and of course all students were in class except for me and Mr. Goth Guy that is. He led the way towards the exit of the school, not surprising. I kind of assumed we’d be leaving school, going to wherever he wanted to take me. “Where are we going?” I asked. He stopped, turned around and said “Don’t worry about it” he said indifferently and continued walked. I could help but notice the power in his walk. He walked without awkwardness despite his height and long limbs, moving quick and pressing each step gently. He’s arms remained almost still at his sides because he’s hand where in the pockets of his baggy chain covered pants. His pants were black; unlike his shirt which was plain white just like mines only difference was that his was a v-neck.


He opened the door for me, and I walked passed him but then he quickly moved passed me leading the way towards student parking. I had to speed up my pace to keep up with him, he moved fast. The thick overbearing silence that hung over us as we zigzagged through the cars was beginning to irritate me. “Don’t be upset” he called back to me. He really took yesterday’s creepiness to a whole new level. But what exactly does that make me? I was the one following him after all, completely willing and trustful.


We eventually made it to a black Isuzu Rodeo all the way at the end of the parking lot. He opened the passanger door and held it opened. I looked at him confused and he just stood there watching me curiously. “Aren’t you getting in?” he said. “Oh” I responded.


I slipped into the seat and he chuckled before closing the door. I watched him as he walked over and got in his seat. He gave me a genuine smile this time before slipping the key in and beginning the ignition.


“Who’s the kid?” I swear I jumped and hit my head on the car’s ceiling. A head popped through the open space between me and Goth Guy. A girl, long dark flowing hair, porcelain doll wide blue eyes surrounded by black eye shadow, mascara and eyeliner, and her lips were glossed pink.


Goth Guy shrugged, “I don’t know” he said simply, his attention on the road.


The girl gave me a beaming smile; “Hey!” she said bubbly. “Hey” I said back shyly. “So I take it he’s coming with us?” the question directed at Goth Guy.


“Yeah, he is” he said. The girl gave me an appraising look before sitting down in her seat properly. Things stayed quiet for the rest of the ride.


 


After was seemed for eternity we finally arrived in front of a sole house by a lake. Goth Guy parked the car in the drive way, “Hold on” he said. He slipped the key out and made his way the SUV and to my door, opening it for me. I stepped out blushing. What had I gotten myself into?


The girl stepped out and no surprise there, Goth Girl. She was wearing a black corset on top, which didn’t match the fact she was wearing black skinny jeans on the bottom. She also had on combat boots; her dainty ankles seemed to disappear in them. She was tall, and about my height; she really did capture the Goth Porcelain Doll look with her Lolita Clothing attire. She extended a hand towards and smiled invitingly. “Hey!” snapped Goth Guy.


She must have found it hilarious because she was giggling hysterically, “Calm down brother”. Brother? They were brother and sister, now things made more sense.


Again I felt uncomfortable standing here between both brother and sister. Goth Guy looked at her as if he were communicating with his eyes. She must have understood because she smirked and skipped off into the house. Things were getting weirder and weirder. First Goth Guy and now Goth Girl. Goth Girls was however more bubbly and spirited and whimsical than her brother. He looked at me and gave me a apologetic smile. His whole Goth image seemed so out of place from the scenery. The lake shimmered from the rays of the sun, the field was green and alive stretching out for what seemed like miles and the fall trees were everywhere. And the house, it was beautiful and warm. It was colored satin white with many windows, bushes and white flowers. Even the smell brought tranquility.


Goth Guy’s silent presence brought me back from my running in the field’s allusions. “Come on” he said motioning with his head to the house.


“Are you sure it’s okay” I asked nervously. It seemed quite impolite to just enter without their parents okay.


He nodded, “Of course. Why wouldn’t it be” I shrugged and he smiled. “Let’s go then”. I followed right behind him towards the house.


The door had been left wide open by Goth Girl who was now somewhere. I stepped inside the house and looked around. Everything seemed normal…actually it was far from the typical normal. The inside of the house was decorated beautifully, it was not modern far from it in fact, but it was more like the home sweet home, inviting classical interior. The type of home one would want to arrive to and expect his or her mother to be in the kitchen making pies. She would walk out with a maternal warm smile and kiss you on the cheek and ask about your day. You would reply politely and then head to your room while she prepares tasty, mouth watering home cooking. But of course, only on television did this exist.


Goth Guy led me to the kitchen and pulled out a seat by the breakfast table for me. I again blushed at his gestures, it was abnormal but I felt too embarrassed to speak up. Goth Girl made her presence known by skipping in and taking a seat on the table, swinging her legs in the air. Something brushed against my arm while I watched her, I Pepsi. “Here” said Goth Guy. He then handed a sprite to his Gothic sister, and then took a seat across from me with a Coke in his hand. “So kid...” he said uncertainty apparent. His sister giggled and he sent her a glare before returning his attention to me.


Okay here we are. Now’s the time to ask everything I wanted to know. Only problem was that I couldn’t bring myself to ask. It seemed like too much to ask, which I knew for a fact wasn’t. I had every right to demand an explanation for his spontaneous actions, especially when it concerns a stranger. Then why couldn’t I ask the damn questions? Why couldn’t I bring myself to release all this anger I had developed from the mystery shrouding that kiss? Part of me definitely wanted to know, but I was now realizing that much of my being did not want to know. I felt warmth cover my hand, it was Goth Girls hand. She smiled warmly and for some unknown reason I did too.


“Is it really okay for me to be here” I ask. “Won’t it be an inconvenience for your parents”. My gaze shifts between the siblings waiting for a response.


“Don’t worry” he reassured me, “Our parents aren’t even here. They’re back in Russia, only my sister and I live in this house” he said reassuringly.


I was about to speak but his sister grabbed me by the wrist, “Come with me” she giggled. Before either I or Goth Guy could say anything she pulled me through the darkness of her house. We walked for a while in the darkness, no light. “We’re gonna watch a movie” she said. I nodded stupidly realizing that she couldn’t see me, “okay” I whispered.


“Why are you whispering” she whispered back.


“I Don’t know” I said in normal volume tone, she giggled, “I like you” she said.


She brought me into a room where everything was dark except for the blue light of the wide screen television. Three bean bags sat on the floor in front of the television and she directed me to sit in one. I chose the one in the middle because of the better view. Somewhat selfish? Maybe, but after being brought here unknowingly I think I deserved to be selfish.


I watched Goth girl as she scurried around looking for dvd’s to watch. She dropped cross-legged in front of me and extended two movies excitingly. You would have thought that she was asking you to pick something between the Titanic and A Walk to Remember from how she giggled, but instead she had handed me The Hills Have Eyes and The Japanese version of the Grudge. “Japanese?” I asked


“Yeah, the Japanese one is a lot less censored that the U.S one, more gore and thrill” she said excited. She seemed so excited it was as if she wanted me to pick that one. So I did and she laughed, “Good choice”


“What are we watching” Goth Guy said appearing out of the shadows. He literally looked like he was coming out of the shadows; his presence and his attire matched this type of environment.


Goth Girl turned around and sat on my left while Goth Guy sat on my right. He seemed somewhat awkward on the bean bag because his long limbs just stretched out. It seemed cute in a weird way. I hadn’t realized I was smiling, until he was looking at me and he smiled genuinely and I felt the burning in my cheeks. He chuckled softly before Goth Girl spoke, “The Grudge, Japanese” she said.


“What!” he snapped. “He said it was okay” she retorted.


“What’s wrong with the movie” I asked confused.


Goth Guy continued to glare at Goth Girl, maybe he hadn’t heard me? His face softened before speaking, “It’s very frightening” he said smiling apologetic to me.


Was he serious? “It’s fine” I said. “See!” said Goth Girl sticking her tongue at him, he shook his head jokingly and I laughed.


 


Don’t you hate it when things get real quiet in a movie and then WAM, something happens and makes you jump… I’m starting to get an idea to how accident prone I truly am. Somewhere around the middle of the film something happened; I’m not even completely sure what it was because I only caught it out of the corner of my eye, my attention had been on Goth Guy. I ended up spilling the Pepsi all over myself, leaving no spot on my white tee unmarked. To make matters worse, I was blushing furiously from the sympathetic look Goth Guy gave me and Goth Girl took no mercy and broke into a fit of giggles bringing me down even further into the dark abyss known as my life.


“I’m sorry” I said quickly looking back and forth between siblings. Goth Guy gave his sister an understanding look and she nodded. He actually didn’t look angry; he seemed quite amused by the whole situation.


He extended a hand to me, “Here come with me” he said. This time I took his hand, why bother arguing? I’m covered in Pepsi, sticky and smelly, not a good pair. I wonder where exactly he’s taking me, walking upstairs; I could have sworn I heard Goth Girl giggle.


Confusion hit me from all the turns we took. We would walk straight, then take a left, then a right, then walk straight again, and then I don’t know, but the chance of finding my own way out of here was slim, cross that, none. We eventually did reach someplace, an empty hall, no pictures or plants, nothing decorative. Goth Guy stopped and I felt a chill. I watched him cautiously as he walked to the dead end, “Your scared” he said. I wasn’t sure what to feel now, surprised? Scared? Stupid? Most likely all of the above; Now I seriously began to think, what had I gotten myself into now?


He turned around, facing me, and gave me that same cocky crooked smile, “You shouldn’t be afraid” he said with a soft chuckle. He reached up, and pulled a string I had not noticed before down. The stairs descended revealing the hidden room above us, “After you” he said.


Going up I ended up in a dark room, more like pitch black dark. It was chilly in here also, unlike the rest of the house which had been warm and inviting, this room was different. I looked behind me trying to find Goth Guy, and there was no one there. I felt panic arising in me, where was he? Dark, cold, I was undeniably freaking out now, “Over here” came the voice. Over where? I can’t see anything.


The light flashed on and all the way across the room was Goth Guy, he was amused. The irritation I had been feeling, it was back, only stronger. This guy’s weird, he’s a freak and I must be an idiot for having followed him.


I looked around, scanning my environment for potential danger. It was a wide room, flat screen television, a king size bed covered with black bedding, a night stand with a Nightmare before Christmas lamp. The room seemed more like a hotel, there was a sofa to the right, a refrigerator in the corner, and I’m willing to bet that the door by the closet doors is a bathroom. “Nice room” I said simply.


“Thank you” he said indifferently. I watched him as he took his strong steps towards a drawer, pulling things out until he came upon something. He walked over to me and handed me a white tee, one just like his, a v-neck. “Here put this on” he said with a soft smile. I took it, muttered a thank you, and waited. “Something wrong?” he asked curiously.


“Yeah, could you turn around or something” I said, not as confident as I hoped to sound but whatever.


His face frowned, and he was mostly likely thinking. He ran a hair through his light blonde hair, and all the jewelry on him glittered for a second. I hadn’t noticed that he had only turned on the night stand light. The light seemed to wrap around him, except for the front where his face maintained mystery that he had. “I don’t understand” he said bringing back from my train of thought. “Are you not male?” Okay, I was definitely confused now.


“Yes, I’m pretty sure I don’t have a chest” I said watching him warily. He nodded, “Then why not simply change” he asked curiously. I walked up to me slowly, maybe even somewhat hesitant.


“Well” I began, “I’m not that comfortable changing in front of others” I said. I was being truthful. I’d never been someone to just rip there cloths of in the locker room before or after gym. I was the one who tried to sneak passed, into the bathroom and change while no one was watching. Discretion was important, it always was. I felt too embarrassed to show any skin, expect legs and arms of course, but back and stomach, I don’t know, it felt like too much.


“You shouldn’t feel nervous in front of me” he said indifferently. I nodded, he did have a point. Not about being nervous in front of him, okay maybe I shouldn’t be nervous in front of him, but it is still dark, so I shouldn’t expect him to see much. Plus, I wanted out of this shirt.


I began to pull my shirt up, I wasn’t looking at myself though, but everywhere other than Goth Guy. I didn’t notice till he was towering in front of me, only inches away. My shirt was half way up, but he placed his hands on mines and gently lowered my sticky shirt back down. I knew I was blushing, the similar burning sensation was in my cheeks.


Goth Guy laughed, he tip my head up, leaned down and kissed me. The cold lip ring, the soft lips, his hands gently cupping my face, this kiss was different. This kiss was much more tender, not like the first one which had been more hungry, passionate. Still, the feeling was…similar.


He pulled back from my lips smiling, his hands still on my face, his forehead resting on mine, “I find your blushing quite endearing; especially when I know I’ve caused it” He stepped back and turned around, “change” he said over his shoulder.


I pulled the shirt over my head quickly, “Umm…” I said. “Bathrooms over there” he pointed never turning around.


The bathroom was in one word, huge. He even had those steam showers, woah. I splashed some water from the sink over my torso; “Here” his arm was extending a towel through a small opening in the door. “Thanks” I said taking it. I dried myself up and cleaned whatever mess I had made from splashing water. I slipped the clean shirt on me and then turned to the mirror.


I was still the same. Same height, same weight, same face, same dark circles under my eyes. I still had the same brown eyes, the same messy brown hair, the same ears, the same neck, the same lips. I wasn’t any different, I wasn’t anything special but that had happened again. And the most disturbing part, even more disturbing than having come here unknowingly, even more disturbing than the Grudge, even more disturbing than having spilled Pepsi all over myself… I hadn’t pulled back.


I walked out the bathroom, clutching the towel tightly, so tightly my hands were hurting. He was lying on his bed looking at the ceiling, “It looks good” he said. I probably would have blushed, but not this time, not now. I walked over towards him, slowly, I’m guessing too slowly cause he stood up and met me half way. “ Something’s wrong” he stated. The towel was still between my fingers, I was squeezing it tightly, twisting it. He looked down at my hands and then at me curiously, “You want to ask something?” he stated, more like a guess actually from the expression on his face of uncertainty.


“Yes” I said sternly, he smiled. He placed his hands on mine and he took the towel from my hands and tossed it over at a basket.


A giggle. We both looked over at the exit on the floor. A black ribbon was poking out of the whole, more giggles. We both faced each other now, I felt mortified unlike him who seemed amused by all of this.”Well?” he asked.


“I want to know” I began, I bit my lip for a second and looked up to meet his eyes. I stared right into those blue piercing eyes that always seemed to know more than they should. The same blue eyes that had seen me the day before, the same blue eyes that had offered me more before the left, disappearing from the forest.” I want to know…your name, what’s your name” I said.


He placed a hand on my cheek, tracing the outline of my cheeks with his fingers. I never changed my expressionless face, despite what I was truly feeling. “Lyric” he said. “My name is Lyric”.

Copyright © 2011 Lonely Wanting Love; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..