Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Rebel's Temptation - 3. Chapter 3

Chapter 3


“Now I want to know something” he said still tracing the lining of my cheeks. I could see hesitation in his eyes, I’m not sure why. I had done the hardest part, I had asked for his name, Lyric.


His name was Lyric. Goth Guy’s name was Lyric. Lyric had kissed me, not only once but twice. Lyric had brought me to his house; Lyric was now the one touching my cheek. Lyric had been the one holding my hand, leading me through the maze that is this house. Lyric was the one standing before me, towering over me, looking into my eyes.


“What is it?” I asked, maybe a little too willingly. He smiled warmly, my cheeks were warm, and despite the serene euphoria of the atmosphere I wanted him to stop touching me.


“I wanted to know-“ he was interrupted by the loud giggling. “We know you’re there you know” he said irritated.


“It was getting good Lyric, I was waiting for the part where you take him in your arms, pull him to your strong chest” she wrapped her arms around herself, “the way you run your hand through his brown hair, you kiss his forehead and breath your cold breath on the side of his neck before you whisper in his ear-“ Lyric gave her the coldest glare I had ever seen, so cold I had even shivered.


“Paloma, leave, now!” he snapped. She crossed her arms over her chest, pouted, and then left, making her frustration apparent from the loud stomps she took. His face became softer as his attention was now on me. “I’m sorry for her conduct” he said looking at me warily.


I shrugged, shaking my head, “it’s okay” I said reassuringly. “Paloma?” I questioned. He smiled, all hesitation leaving his face.


“Come” he said offering his hand. I looked at his hand and I don’t know… Things were different now, at least that’s how it felt. He was no longer some stranger, he had a name, and he was someone I knew now. And now, for the first time in I don’t know what, I had to trust someone. “Something wrong?” he asked concerned.


I shook my head, “no, lead the way” I said motioning for him to go on. For a split second he seemed hurt, but then he became the same indifferent face I had first met. “let’s go” he said. I felt awful, I truly did and was about to speak up but he was already descending down the latter. I quickly followed.


We didn’t talk as we moved swiftly through the hall ways; the darkness was as eerie as the silence. He wouldn’t look back, made no motion other than to continue walking, making me regret my words more and more. I reached out and grabbed his wrist. “Lyric” I whispered. He turned around, his face still emotionless, cold, so unlike the person who had first lip raped me. I grabbed his hand and interlocked our fingers, “Let’s go” he chuckled and continued walking. Boy was I stupid.


We kept walking until we reached a hall with one door. “Go ahead” he said. I must have looked confused cause he began laughing, “Don’t worry. The lights are on already, just walk in and look around”. I nodded and walked towards the door, I looked back and he mouthed ‘go ahead’. I opened the door and was immediately self conscious from all the eyes on me.


Doll, porcelain dolls all around me with big wide creepy eyes. All their eyes seemed to watching me, and no matter in which direction I moved, they followed me. They reminded me of Paloma, pretty but strikingly scaring. Right in the center was a huge doll house, it seemed familiar.


“It’s a model of the house” I turned around and there was Paloma. She smiled and walked over to me, squeezing me in a hug. “I’m Paloma” she said in her normal bubby personality, “I figured he would bring you here” she said.


“Why’s that? Where’d he go?” I asked.


“Paloma!” there stood Lyric at the door, a long rectangular box in his hands. “sister, please” he said. She gave me another squeeze and went out the door skipping. Lyric sighed, closed the door and walked to me hesitantly, possibly even nervous. “So, What do you think?” he asked.


I took another look around before speaking, “strange, very creepy, all these eyes” I said truthfully. “Perfect” he said.


“These dolls have been in our family for generations. Decade after decade, dolls have been added to this collection that was originally started by my great great grandmother in Russia, but now they are kept here in the house” he said. “Here” he said offering me the box.


“I don’t understand” I said. He laughed again, the jewels once again glittering from the light, making the paleness of his face become much more animated and alive.


“For you” he said. I looked at the box. It was for me? “Go ahead, please open it. I want you to have this, please” I met his pleading eyes and smiled shyly. I began ripping the wrapper off and feeling even more self conscious now that his blue piercing eyes were on me. I opened the box and took the object inside out carefully. The box did say fragile.


I looked into the green eyes that stared back at me. She had long curly blonde hair, bright rosy cheeks, and a black doily type dress. One black ribbon in her hair with a gold colored stone in the center. It took me awhile to realize it was real gold.


“Her name is Lluvia. Its rain in Spanish since she originated in Barcelona, Spain; I know this is kind of sudden, but please take her. It’s a gift from me to you” I was about to argue about it being too much, but remembering the way I had hurt him earlier…I just smiled and nodded. “Do you like it?” he asked.


I took another look at her. Maybe it had to do with the fact I hadn’t changed in front of him. I can’t find another reason as to why he would give me a doll, but from the little I knew about him, he would either tell me or just pretend I didn’t ask. “I don’t hate it, I don’t understand any of it. Why a doll?” I said. He brushed his fingers on my cheek again, I brought my head up to meet his eyes.


“She’s one of a kind, like you” he said making me blush. “I would have given you one of these dolls” he said motioning to the doll stacked walls, “but then it would not have been a personal gift. I felt it important to give you one with much value and appeal, one that I could look at and see a trace of you in” he said running his fingers on the other cheek.


“She reminds you of me?”


“Yes and No” he said with a bright smile. “May I?” he said motioning to the doll. I gave her to him carefully. “An experienced craftsman would agree with me that the most important feature to create on a doll is the eyes. The eyes are like, how should I put this? They are like windows to the mind. They never completely lie, and always reveal to the observer some truth. When I came Across Lluvia I noticed in her eyes Pain. I noticed the pain and the hurt, I noticed her sense of reality, but most of all I noticed her wanting to belong.


“When I first met your eyes yesterday, I saw it. I saw all the emotions Lluvia evoked to a greater degree, and even more. So yes, I do see some of the similar, but no, you are one of a kind” he moved the hair strands off my face, “no doll I have ever seen can capture your eyes. At least not in the way that your eyes compel me”


“I don’t understand” I said. “How can my eyes compel you to do anything?” this was what I had come for. My original purpose for being here was to find out, to know what he was offering me with those eyes, piercing and blue.


“What I mean is that-“He stopped, “come with me” he extended his hand and I took it this time without hesitation.


He lead me over to the corner where carefully camouflaged was a door, doorknob and all matched the interior of the doll room. He turned the door know, and I was expecting to enter another room, but instead we were outside, a patio. I hadn’t realized how late it had become, the sun was setting and its beauty over took the sky with oranges, purples, many indescribable colors. “It’s artistic” I said, he chuckled in agreement and we walked over to a loveseat.


I placed the doll gently on my lap, and he sat quite close to me, our arms, and our knees were touching. “Why do you think the sky is beautiful?” he asked.


I thought about it, the many colors, how unreal it seemed, but in fact it was real. We were both witnessing the phenomena. “It’s beautiful because despite the color and the texture-“I stopped trying to find the right word, “-it’s real”.


“Quite right” he said, “When you see something with such beauty, its hard to almost believe it is real. When I looked into your eyes the day before, even when I look into them now, it’s all real. There is no air of fakeness or the need to give off a veneer” he patted Lluvia’s head. “In the similar way when I see this doll, when I see you, it’s you I want to look at. I know you’re not content with your life, and yet you do not pretend. A pure example of reality”


I looked into his face and found sincerity. He told no lie, only what he truly believed. He seemed more handsome to me now, the lighting hitting the side of his face, glittering jewelry, and his eyes were much deeper now. “By Compel, you meant…?” I trailed off not sure what he meant, or maybe I was merely trying to reassure myself. I didn’t know, all this was strange, strange being too tame of a word.


His face got serious, “I need to know, do you trust me?” I looked down at my hands, burn scars on my palms, cut marks around my elbows. I looked up at the sky, at the scenery; I tried to take everything in.


“You’ve never given me a reason not to” I said, almost in a whisper. He smiled, but then composed himself, trying to make himself all serious again.


“Then will you allow me a question?” he asked, and I nodded. He answered mine, so I’ll answer his. “May I know your name please?” my name?


I nodded, “Allister, My name is Allister Price” I said.


“Allister” he repeated. The way my name rolled off his tongue, it hit me. I hadn’t realized it before, but he had an accent. A Russian accent.


“You’re Russian” I stated.


He laughed, “Well I’m sure we established that before” he said causing me to blush into most likely a beet red. How stupid, he had mentioned something about his family being back in Russia in more than one occasion. “Now allow me a formal introduction, my name is Lyric Ershov” Ershov, yep he must be Russian, I can’t pronounce it after all. “You can stop hiding Paloma” he said looking at the window.


“Allister” she said seriously, “Come with me”. Lyric gave her a cold stare, but this Paloma was unlike her former self, she glared frostbites at him. I stood up and left the doll on the loveseat and followed Paloma to her room.


Paloma’s room was special. I really can’t think of any other way to put it. She had paintings of emo Hello Kitty on her wall, black roses in vases, many of the petals covered her deep red carpet. She also had a king size bed like Lyric’s, same black bedding only difference being the mountain of pillows by her head rest. She took a seat on her bed and patted to her side. “Sit” she said.


I walked across the large room, careful not to step on any dead petals. I took a seat next to her and met her eyes. “So?” I said.


“Allister, I must warn you.” She said in a tone of seriousness. “That doll, burn it, bring it to me if you want and I’ll burn it” she offered. This time I could hear the Russian accent of her tongue.


“But Lyric-“I began but she put a hand up, stopping me mid sentence.


“I know Lyric gave you that doll which is exactly why I must ask you to burn it” she placed her hands on mine, “Listen Allister, whatever Lyric told you… you must understand that the doll had deeper meaning.


“That doll meant much more than just a simple gift. I mean you must have realized the stupidity in giving another guy a doll” I nodded, “When Lyric and I lived in Russia with my family, he had not always been there. Lyric had been in a coma for years and he never learned much about how things work.” Coma? Lyric was in a coma? “Yes, coma, and you know how doctors say that a person can still hear you while in deep sleep. My brother, he was able to learn just as well, but he also never had, well…” she looked nervous


“Well?” I asked


“Relationships” she finally said. “In the way we were taught, a gift was offered in order to demonstrate interest. My mother for example, she gave my father a Chinese doll with a kimono made of the finest silk and real Indian hair, the same as my grandfather had given my grandmother all those dolls”.


“So in other words…?” I trailed off questioning.


“He likes you” she said. “Apparently he likes you a lot. I’ll be honest with you Allister, he’s only known you for less than twenty four hours and he’s already presented you with a gift? It just isn’t proper. My brother, you must have noticed, is much more mature, and I just want to warn you” she said squeezing my hand affectionately. “You seem like a nice kid Allister, and even though I consider you my friend despite the short time I’ve known you, please, I’m merely just ask for you to be careful” she said with a soft smile.


“Should I still burn the doll?” I asked. I wasn’t sure if it would be a slap in the face to Lyric if I did.


“I can’t tell you much Allister, but we were taught differently as to your American culture. If you choose to accept the doll, then you choose to allow him the opportunity to try and I don’t know how you would feel towards that, but to be honest if you don’t accept the doll….you’d be saving yourself from petty conflict” she worded strangely


“Conflict?” I asked. “Allister, I can’t really get into it. Its truly your decision, I can’t make it for you. I simply wanted to let you in on everything, obviously, you were oblivious to the whole situation” she said with a giggle.


“I am slow, aren’t I” she began to laugh and the Paloma of before seemed to surface.


“I personally like your slowness” she said with a bubbly smile. She became all serious again. “You must have come here today expecting explanations, right?” I nodded, and I realized she knew everything. “This must be a lot to digest in a short period, and I’m surprised by how well you’re taking all this. I’ve told you so much, you’ve been through so much, you’ve seen so much and the day hasn’t ended.” She said somewhat sadly.


“It’s one of the perks of being stupid, things happen and I’m just like, what?” we both broke into laughter, I really liked Paloma.


To be honest though, I did feel overwhelmed. And once again I was using too tame of a word. This, all of this is shocking and I just didn’t know. I really don’t know how I was supposed to take all of this. My reason for coming had been to find why he had kissed me, and I find out that he’s interested in me? I find out he’s been in a coma? And what I couldn’t get out of my minds was the images of Paloma’s serious face, warning me of what could happen, but not telling me what could happen. I didn’t know what my next move would be.


“Whoa, never mind, you are confused, aren’t you?” she squeezed my hand again and I smiled.


“I’m not sure how to act next” I confessed, “I think I trust him” confessions kept on coming, “I’m not so sure though if I can exactly see myself with him though. I never imagined something like a relationship happening, and plus with a guy! I just realized, it’s a guy… a guy kissed me, twice.” I said exasperated, she giggled.


“Allister, now honestly, does that matter? You weren’t exactly that angry” she said trying to not break into another fit of giggles. I gave her a glare, “Or maybe you were, but I doubt it was because of the kiss” I was about to argue, but she kept talking, “I think you should do as you feel you should. That’s one thing I always envied about you American’s, the freedom you have” she said sounding almost crestfallen.


“I’ll keep that in mind” I said. She nodded, still lost in thought, “You should go find Lyric then” she said. I nodded and for the first time that I could remember I let myself act on emotion, and hugged her. I muttered a thank you, walked out the door and closed it behind me. I hoped she would be okay.


I walked around a bit before it hit me, I didn’t know where I was going. Leave it to me to get lost in a house. I did have an excuse though, this is no house, it’s a life size maze. It’d be pretty cool to throw a haunted house game here, already is creepy, dark, candles, old fashion, its perfect.


I kept walking straight down a hall and took a left then another left, and then a right, then another right until I saw a dim light. I walked towards the dim light until I hit a wall. No, a door, I opened it and was back in the doll room, yes! And it only took like fifteen minutes, I’m quite proud of myself. I walked over to the camouflaged door in the corner, felt around for a door knob and found it. Opening the door I was greeted by a dark night, the beautiful setting sun was gone, and was now replaced by a full moon.


“Lyric” I called out, but there was no answer. I heard nothing except for a few grasshoppers playing their familiar song. I walked over to the loveseat and there was nothing there, the doll was also gone. I walked backed into the Grandmother’s doll room, “Now what do I do?” I asked myself. I made my way back to the hall, I walked left, another left, and a right, somehow I had made it to the main stairs that I had gone up earlier. I looked left to right, no one, so I made my way down the stairs arriving to the entrance of the house. I walked into the direction of the Kitchen and no one was there.


“Lyric?” I called out again, but no response. I walked towards the dark area we had been watching the movie in and found the television still on. The movie had been over for awhile now and the television said ‘insert DVD’. I made my way back to the kitchen, then back to the main stairs and ran my way up. “Lyric?” I called out again. I ran straight, than took a left, then a right, then I ran straight again, and then I did random choices. I eventually arrived at the same eerie empty hallway, I searched the air frantically until I felt the fibers of the string. I yanked it down, revealing the steps to the attic. I made my way up and was relieved when I saw light.


“Lyric?” I called out again, no answer, but this time I heard the sound of the shower. “He must be in the shower” I said to myself. Yeah, I had a tendency to talk to myself when I’m alone, I bet lots of people do it.


The door opened and a lot of steam shots out, the room quickly became warm, the mirrors all smudged. I could make out the figure coming out, the silhouette was behind all the steam. As soon as he walked out, my face became the reddest I think I ever been in my life.


Standing before me was Lyric, naked except for the towel wrapped around his waist. I turned around quickly, partly to stop looking, but also so he wouldn’t see me blushing.


“Allister? Were you walking in the house on your own?” he said with a hint of amusement. Cocky bastard!.


“Yeah, Paloma told me to go look for you so I did, but when I made it outside you weren’t there” I noticed the doll sitting on his bed.


“I was about to go get you, I don’t want you getting lost on me” he chuckled, “I’m sorry for leaving you alone for so long, I was taking my nightly steam shower” he said


“Yeah” I said still warm in the face, “I can tell... Would you mind putting clothes on?” I said and he laughed.


I felt a wet hand on my shoulder, the vapor coming into my shirt, “Remember we’re just guys here” he said, he removed his hand, “But of course I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable so give me a minute” I nodded not sure if he could even see me nodding. I heard a lot of movement behind me, and I saw I black tee fall beside the bed.


“You know” I began, “if you keep looking for clothes that way, your room will always be messy” I said, I heard the familiar chuckle and I could picture that cocky smile on his face, the lips ring glittering like always, “ Are you presentable?” I asked.


“Yes” I turned around and he was shirtless. He had on black pajama pants on with Edward Scissorhand’s name labeled all over. His hair was slicked back with a few unmanageable without gel strands over his forehead. I walked over to the white shirt I saw lying on the nightstand and threw it to him. He shook his head laughing, but put it on, “Now?” he asked amused


“Yes” I replied. He walked over to me slowly, “You know, I have to get home soon right?” he frowned immediately.


“I was hoping you’d forget”, I laughed, but he his expression told me he was serious


“Lyric, its night time already, my mom will be home soon” I said. He walked over to his drawer and pulled out a plastic watch. “When will she be back?” he asked.


“Around twelve thirty” I answered. His face lit up again, and he tossed me the watch. It read eight thirty.


“We still have time” he said crossing his arms across his chest. What does he mean by time? Time for what? He smiled smugly and walked over towards me till he was towering inches away from me. This was the first time I’d seen him without eyeliner, but of course, we’ve only known each other for a while. “Do I make you uncomfortable?’ he asked looking me straight in the eyes. I shook my head, and he smiled, “Does my body?”


My jaw dropped, “You’re so-“


“Irresistible?” he interrupted and again I was warm in the cheeks, “Forgive me, I was merely joking. I couldn’t help myself, I like making you go red”, he said sitting legs crossed, back against the head board.


“And why’s that?” I asked. He smiled and patted the spot next to him. Instead I sat right across from him legs crossed.


“I told you, it’s because I know your blushing because of me. You know, you shouldn’t be so embarrassed about what I say” he pointed out


“Oh and why’s that?” I asked.


“Cause”, he said brushing my cheeks with his fingers, “I’m merely showing my affection” he said. He leaned in and kissed me. It was much more of a chaste kiss, sweet, soft, and the cool lip ring added the right amount of emphasis. But also it was much shorter, because he pulled back sooner than the other kisses.


“You’re so damn random”, I said still somewhat flustered. I heard giggling behind me. I sighed, “Paloma, how long have you been there?”


“The entire kiss” she said taking a place next to me. Lyric seemed somewhat annoyed, “Chill Lyric, it’s not like I’m going to sit in my room all night while there’s a guest here” she wrapped her arms around mine, “Plus he likes me more”, she said nodding her head teasingly ,“It’s a known fact”


Lyric put his hand on mine and interlocked our fingers, “I highly doubt that” he said with a cocky crooked smile.


“Guys, I really do have to be getting home” I said getting up from bed. Lyric frowned but then sighed.


“You’re right, I wouldn’t want you to be out to late anyways” he said seriously. “Lets go”


“Paloma” I picked up the doll and handed it to her, “Would you mind holding onto this for now?” I asked.


“Of course I don’t’ mind”, she grabbed me in a tight hug, “As long as you do come back?” she said more as a question.


“Hell yeah” I said. I turned around and Lyric held out his hand, “Come” he said with a smile. I took his hand, waved my goodbyes to Paloma, and made my way out the maze house with my fingers affectionately laced with Lyric’s. I could still hear the giggles from Paloma still ringing in my ear.


 


“You’re staring” he pointed out. I hadn’t realized how far Lyric’s house was from mine coming here, but now the car trip felt like forever, it’d been at least ten minutes and we still hadn’t arrived. “No I’m not” I responded, “I just zoned out, and my eyes happened to be looking in your direction” I said.


He shook his head, “Sure” he remarked sarcastically. “By the way, I like what you did back there” he said. I looked over at him confused; I wasn’t sure what he was talking about. What could I have done that he liked? “I mean the way you took my hand without hesitation. It was sweet” he said giving me a quick warm look.


His face became more serious “Why did you leave the doll? You didn’t want it anymore?” he said with a hint of uncertainty. I looked at him, “It’s not that” I responded. He gave me a questioning look, making the studs in his brow glimmer from the moonlight.


“It wouldn’t go so well taking it back home. My parents wouldn’t understand; they would begin to ask unnecessary questions that I’d rather not have to explain to them” I said, he nodded. “I would prefer them not to know, my parents, they aren’t like other parents. They are much more cold hearted” I spat bitterly and I could feel him squeeze my hand.


“It’s okay, you don’t have to explain anymore” he gave me a genuine warm smile. He understood, and I would never tell him this, but that earned him major trust points. After that conversation the rest of the ride remained quiet except for the sounds of the wheels to his Isuzu Rodeo.


We eventually arrived to my house, he pulled into my driveway. He got out the door walked quickly over to my side and opened the door. “You know, I can open my own door” I said. He sighed, closed the door, and I opened it stepping out. “See?” he sighed again, “You should just let me have my fun” he said indifferently causing me to laugh. We walked up to the front steps of my cold, uninviting empty house.


“Thank you for taking me to your house”, I said, “And for the doll” I added. He smiled, the moonlight hitting his pale face perfectly. He lifted his finger and brushed them against my skin, tracing my cheeks like he’d done many times today.


“I’ll see you tomorrow, won’t I?” he asked. I thought about it for a moment, Paloma’s serious warning replaying in my mind. Did I really want to let him to try? I could always say no, never see him again maybe and that would be the end of that. I would never have to worry about being lip raped randomly by a tall towering Goth Guy with blonde hair. I’d never have to feel his fingers against the skin of my face, causing them to warm up slightly. I’d never have to feel the cold lip ring brushing against my lips, while I felt his soft lips against mine. All of it would be over and I could move on.


I nodded, “Yeah” I said, “Tomorrow?” I could always end it, but now part of me wouldn’t let me. He took a few steps closer, he’s body millimeters away. He leaned down closing in the distance, pressing his lips against mine. I felt the familiar softness, the cold ring, but now he was moving much more passionate. There was strength in the kiss, strength only achieved from the right emotion. I surprised not only him but myself this time. For the first time I did not remain stiff, I wrapped my arms around his neck and let him pull me to him


He backed away slowly and rested his forehead against mine, “Let’s skip tomorrow” he whispered. I nodded and he left, leaving me there to watch him drive off. I knew for a fact that tonight I would be more restless in bed than usual. I would toss and turn until the desperation and guilt I felt would numb me.

Copyright © 2011 Lonely Wanting Love; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..