Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Rebel's Temptation - 7. Chapter 7

Chapter Seven


I sat by myself in Paloma’s room, Lluvia opposite me. I watched her as she watched me with the same sad eyes I’d first seen when I opened her from the box. Her hair was nicely kept, brushed no doubt by Paloma. Who exactly is Demelza then?


I wanted answers, even though I had no right to them. As far as things were, they didn’t concern me. Or did they? The fact that I’d been there, the fact that I knew Alex and Paloma, was that enough of a reason for it to concern me?


The entire ride with Paloma had been a silent one. To think that Paloma and I had always had the best comfortable silences because she was someone I liked being around, but at that moment It wasn’t comfortable. I felt-I felt- I felt almost betrayed.


Maybe I am too deep in all this? I had stolen peeks at the strawberry blonde girl and it was strange. All of this is too strange. And when I arrived Lyric was already standing outside. He had rushed to the car, a nineteen-sixtynine classical mustang, red on the bottom, white on the top. A car I’d never seen before, but it had small things inside. A bottled water, pine tree with a scent of strawberry, and a packet of original bubble gum. This car was something personal to her.


When Lyric got to us before I could even close the passanger door, he pulled me to him in a tight embrace. When my eyes met his eyes, piercing and blue, haunting yet so deep, they were worried. By why? Why the worry? And when this happened I knew then that this really did ivolve me, and I wanted answers. Complete, no bullshit on the side answers and I was going to get them.


Paloma walked in, still dressed pristine, “Hey Allister!” she said cheerfully.


“What’s up Paloma? Where’s Lyric” I asked keeping things casual. If I knew something about wanting something, is that I couldn’t result to anger. As easy as getting angry seemed, and as good of a satisfaction one gets from hurting another, that makes some a sadist, right?


“I here” he said walking in, before throwing the door closed behind him. He came to me , taking the seat to my right. Paloma took the seat right of Lluvia, and for the first time in a while the porcelean image I’d had of Paloma became Plastic before my eyes, a Barbie doll.


“Allister, I’m sorry about what happened” said Lyric, watching me warily.


“Sorry for what?” I asked.


“My brother, Aleksandr Ershov”


And that’s when the puzzle came together, “Alex is Aleksandr?” I questioned them both. Paloma nodded, and I turned to Lyric. His eyes were still on me, sheepishly watching for my reaction, “What?” I asked him.


He smiled, fake smile, taking my hand in his, “Allister, Paloma told me that he kissed you”


My eyes went wide, guilt washed over me. There shouldn’t be reason to feel like this, but I did, “Lyric, really…i…I didn’t kiss him…he kissed me. We just got together…so…uh” I was babbling, guilt twisting every word I spoke. Was I really this into Lyric? Or was it something else?


“You guys got together!” shrieked Paloma, “Oh my god, since when, who asked, brother you bastard! You should have told me something!”


“Paloma, now’s not the time” he said seriously.


“Why did he call you Demelza, Paloma?” I questioned.


“Because that’s my real name” she started, “My name…real name… is Demelza Alena Ershov, I just go by Paloma here” she spoke strangely


I nodded, satisfied with the answer. I turned my attention to Lyric, who I assumed had been watching, waiting for my reaction the entire time. His eyes, piercing and blue, watched me intent, nothing haunting about them. Almost…Almost as if it were a completely different person. When had he changed? Had it been today, yesterday…or…just now.


“Lyric?” I asked hesitantly, staring deep into the shades of his eyes. So many shades of blue, so bright, his lips twitched.


“When I’m here I go by Lyric…” he began, “-but…my real name is Sasha Egor Ershov”, he smiled.


I nodded, and kept nodding, “Okay, Sasha, for some strange reason that I can’t explain right now, I’m not mad.” I stared as blank as possible into his eyes waiting for a reaction, but the reaction came instead from his hand which laced tighter with mine. And I continued” For some stranger reason, I’m not calling you out for being a bastard and not telling me from the beginning.” I was still nodding, nothing too drastic, a small nod,”-but if there’s anything else you want to tell me. Anything at all that I should know, now’s the time to tell me. Otherwise…” I trailed off.


“Otherwise?” he asked.


“Otherwise, its over Sasha…Lyric…whoever the fuck you really are”

Copyright © 2011 Lonely Wanting Love; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..