Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Rebel's Temptation - 4. Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I looked at the clock hoping for it to be six already. I wanted to avoid brief unfortunate run-ins with either of my rentals. Lucky me, it was six o’five in the morning. I got out of bed, rubbed the usual morning tears off my eyes, grabbed my towel and headed for the bathroom. Before stepping into my cold shower I looked in the mirror. My bags were just as bad as the day before, the dark marking left the obvious impression of my restless night. Whatever though, I undressed and stepped in the shower.

The cold water felt amazing against my body; my initial drowsiness seemed to be ridden. Any soreness was slightly alleviated, and the warmth in my skin felt extinguished. I didn’t like feeling warm; I personally like the feeling of cold against my skin, like the lip ring…

I got out the shower, and headed for my room. Once inside, I opened my closest, slipped on a pair of blue jeans and I black tee. I went to my mirror and something seemed off. I tiptoed through the hallway, a habit I had despite there being no one home, something about the house knowing I’m home freaked me out. I opened the door to my parent’s forbidden bedroom walking in warily. I looked around, and grabbed it. I tiptoed back to my room got in front of the mirror and applied some leave in conditioner to my hair. I blew dry it and it returned to the messy hair that I had the day before, expect that is for the sheen.
I walked down the stairs and was startled by a knock. I opened the door and was greeted by the presence of my new Goth girl friend, Paloma.

She gave me a squeezing embrace and giggled, “Good Morning!” someone slept well. “Hey” I said, “What’s up?”

“I’m here to pick you up silly, remember? You’re skipping today!” she said bubbly. I muttered and “Oh” and let her in, well more like she walked in and gave me another squeeze. “You seem kind of grumpy in the morning” she said with a frown.

“Oh, I’m not grumpy” I reassured with a smile, “I: m just a little confused, I thought I’d get picked up at school” I said. We walked into the kitchen and again I almost killed myself trying to get my cereal, which made her burst into laughter. “You want some?” I asked with a cold glare.

She halted her laughing, “No thanks, I ate already”. I took a seat at my table with my most desired Fruity Pebbles, yum. I did however feel self-conscious when Paloma took a seat in front of me and just stared with her Porcelain blue shadowed eyes. I ended up rushing through breakfast and then just stared at her.

She never said anything, she just kept staring. I noticed her different Lolita Goth clothing, she was wearing a school girl top with bicycle shorts, her hair was tied in two pigtails with big huge pink ribbons. She also wore a choker with a skull in the center, and long black stalking. “You look nice” I said.

She lit up and rushed to my side giving me a kiss on the cheek, “Thanks! You do too” she grabbed my hand and we headed to the car, damn she was strong. I entered the Black Isuzu Rodeo and smiled remembering the night before. Paloma gave me a questioning look and I just laughed causing her to shrug, “And people say I’m weird”.

“Not that its any of my business but I’m guessing your gonna give Lyric a chance?” I stared at her stunned by how straight forward she was, but then again this was Paloma we were talking about.

“Well” I began, not so sure how to say it. “Yeah, I guess I am” that works. She glanced over at me and gave me an almost sympathetic smile. I would think she would be either happy or mad, I didn’t expect sympathy. Which made me only question myself, why would there be any sympathy in the first place?

She laughed without humor, “I’m sorry Allister. I really am. I mean you must be totally confused. I am happy, you know, about the whole thing, but I’m also worried about you.” She began to look somewhat stiff, “Allister, I told you before, I can’t tell you what to do, and I won’t.” she glanced at me again, “Do you love him?” I froze and then began to fidget.

“I don’t think I can answer that” I said. She gave me an understanding look, “Paloma, I don’t know how I feel, I don’t know how I’m supposed to feel, but one thing is for sure and that’s that it’s too soon for me to logically even consider love”.

“Smart boy”, she giggled, “I understand what you’re saying, and I think your right. Its way too early for anything like love to even come to mind, it would be quite irresponsible to even consider it.” I nodded in agreement.

The rest of the drive remained in silence; neither of us really seemed willing to bring up a conversation after our serious moment. I was kind of glad though, I didn’t want our conversations to eventually hover back to the whole ‘love’ thing. The car trip seemed quite long. Every once in awhile, or more like every minute, I would check my cell and dial my house number, a habit of mine when I wanna pass the time. To my relief, we eventually made it to the satin white maze house.

“We’re here” mused Paloma, “And look who’s been waiting” she cooed. I gave her a confused look until I saw what she meant. Up ahead, waiting on the porch of the house was the Blonde haired Goth Guy, Lyric. I gave a wave from the car, and he smiled waving back. “Better get going” she said.

“Aren’t you coming?” I asked. “No, not yet that is. I have to take a quick trip to the mall, the dress I ordered is in, and so, have fun” she giggled. I nodded and smiled shyly. She leaned over, gave me a peck on the check and booted me out. I waved goodbye as she drove away.

“Good Morning Allister” came with a Russian accent. I turned around and met white. I followed the shirt up and met his eyes, “Good morning” I said back. He smiled and leaned down to kiss me, I however evaded it.

He frowned, “What’s the matter?” he asked hurt. “We can’t do that outside in the clear open” I responded. Which was true, but also after the whole conversation with Paloma, I didn’t want him to kiss me. It didn’t feel right, I mean I liked when he kissed me last night, but something just felt wrong.

He sighed, “Allister, we’re deserted out here. No one’s gonna see us besides a few insects. And I’m most certain they’re busier paying attention to their pray, than us” I just shrugged. “Okay then” he said giving in. He took me hand, I let him this time without hesitation, and he led me inside. He seemed frustrated but didn’t say anything. We headed towards the kitchen and he pulled out a seat for me at the breakfast table. I on the other hand took a different one out and sat on it.

“Something’s wrong” he stated indifferently. I hated his little mood shifts to expressionless, but I guess this time he did have at least somewhat a reason. “Did Paloma say anything to you?” he asked irritated. I shook my head, lying of course, but he didn’t need to know that. “Then what is it?”

“I just feel we’re taking things fast” I said honestly, “I don’t actually know anything about you except for your name and where you live”. His face became softer and he smiled. He sat down on the seat he’d pulled out and scooted next to me.

“Is that all?” I nodded again. “Well then, we should talk about it, right?”. I wanted to know more, I did. “Right” I said in agreement. He held out his hand and I took it. He led me up the stairs where the ‘maze’ began. After many confusing turns we arrived to the familiar empty hallway that led to Lyric’s room. He walked over and pulled the string down, revealing the latter. I went up first and he followed behind me. He’s curtains were open and let all the morning sunlight in. He walked over to the bed and took the same legs crossed position from yesterday. He was even still in his pajamas, expect he had his eye liner on, and his hair had been combed out into his scene style.

“Okay, what would you like to know?” I sat down crossed legged in front of him, “Is Paloma your only sibling?” I asked. He went stiff for a second but then relaxed, although there was still discomfort in his piercing blue eyes, “Yes, I have an older brother” I nodded. “Your turn” I said.

“Same question. Do you have any siblings?” I shook my head no, “I’m an only child” I said. My parents never considered having anymore after me. Whenever I asked my mother why she would say something like, once is a blessing, twice is a curse. “How old are you?” I continued the questioning.

He grinned, “I’m eighteen, and you are?” he trailed off, “I’m three years younger, fiffteen” I said. I didn’t expect him that much older, maybe a year or two, but three? “What are you thinking?” he asked.

“Nope” I said, “That doesn’t count as a question, plus it’s my turn” he sighed, “Okay, umm, how old is Paloma?”

“You didn’t know?” he asked amused. I shook my head irritated, “We’re twins, making her eighteen as well”. I nodded, “Now my turn” he said with his crooked cocky smile. “I want to know what you think about me?” he asked. Oh shit.

I took a deep breath, “I think you’re creepy, cocky, and definitely mysterious” I said. He gave me this indescribable look before breaking into laughter. I didn’t see the humor in it, I’m sure I just insulted him. He really was a creeper. “That’s nice to know” he said. “What do you think of me?” I asked.

His expression went softer yet serious, “I find the milky pink tint to your cheeks right now quite endearing. The awkwardness to your fidgeting adorable, and the way your eyes keep getting wider in astonishment cute” he place his fingers on my cheek and leaned in, “Now may I kiss you?” he whispered.

“Lyric, is this really okay?” I asked, he smiled genuinely, “It’s okay if it’s just us” he said causing me to smile. “You smiled” he announced.

I muttered a moron before he closed the distance between us, pressing his lips against mine. The kiss started slowly, it was very chaste and sweet before he brought his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I didn’t struggle, instead I embraced the pain from my heart clenching tightly. My arms laid on his chest awkwardly and uncomfortably, as he brought himself and I down slowly onto the bed. Gravity pressed me onto him harder, and his arms only pulled me tighter. I could feel the beating of his heart with the palm of my right hand, making the pain of my heart clench even greater.

The more time that passed with him, the more I felt that I’d be lonely. My eyes began to burn as tears began to stain my cheeks. I dug my fingers into his white shirt, I grasped onto it, I forced my body firmer against his. Another heart clench.

He pushed my chest up gently and my eyes went wide. Large tear drops fell onto his pale skin, and slid down his cheeks. He was stained now too. My hands felt numb, and my legs felt cramped. I stumbled getting off of him, and landed on the floor. Neither of us made any motion to move, we just rested where we were. The sympathy in her eyes… I understood it now.

“I won’t ever betray you” he said, “I just need you to give me chance”. I stood up, almost stumbling back on the floor twice, “Please” he pleaded. He scooted over some and patted the spot next to him. I didn’t speak, I couldn’t, I laid in my spot next to him, and stared at the ceiling. My eyelids felt heavy and no matter how much I tried, they won. The last thing I remember was a voice say ‘Mischa’.

 

I awoke on a soft solid surface, surrounded by the quiet darkness. I didn’t get up immediately, that is, until I felt something move through my hair. “You’re awake” the voice said. I could feel the smile on his face from where my hands were. One of my hands were numb caused it been under my thigh, I tried to move but strong hands kept me down, “Just a while longer please” said the voice.

“My hand fell asleep” I said pulling it out from under me, “Never mind, I’m good” I felt a peck on my hand. I soon realized the motion through my hair was his hand, it felt nice. I wonder how long I’d been asleep, but I didn’t ask him because I didn’t want to ruin the moment. Quiet relaxing moments like this don’t come quite often to me.

I ran my hand down on what I realized was his arm. His bicep was quite large, his skin felt soft and warm against my hand. I continued my hand downward on his arm until I met his hand, and without thought, I laced my fingers with his. He chuckled. His cold breath felt nice against my face. I closed my eyes again and realized how close our bodies truly were. My leg was on top of his, one of my arms over his torso, and from the beating I felt against my cheek, I was over his chest. “It doesn’t matter you know, How long you’ve been asleep I mean. I’ve been quite pleasant here” he said. I could imagine that cocky crooked smile of his now.

“Well, how long have I been out?” I asked. He sighed, “About three hours. Its still morning, so don’t worry about having wasted a day.” Had he been here the whole time? “Have you been here the whole time?” I asked. He laughed.

“Yeah” Bastard, I could feel my cheeks getting warm. “You’re blushing” he said with amusement. “And you’re smiling like the cocky bastard you are” I replied calmly, he chuckled; “Yes I’m smiling, but you know I can’t help that” he pointed out in his Russian accent. “Oh and why is that?” I asked.

He didn’t say anything; instead I felt the cold metal of his lip ring brush against my lips chastely. Giggles, “Wow, this is so hot” said the female voice. Of course, it could be none other than Goth Girl herself, Paloma. “Oh, don’t stop on my account. All these sounds are quite the turn on” she giggled. The light flashed on, and after my moment of light blindness, I could see Lyric’s annoyed expression. I remembered the position I was in and got up quickly. Paloma went from giggles to uncontrollable laughter.

“Damn it Paloma, you always ruin the moment” Lyric said angrily. I met his eyes and gave him a small smile, he smiled back too, “Get out” he yelled to Paloma. She took a bow, gave me a tight squeeze, and left humming some unknown tune. I could imagine her now skipping through the house in her bicycle shorts.

“Sorry” I said. He shook his head and motioned for me to come over. “We should go” I said. I don’t know why I said that but something about lying with him in bed, and knowing its happening while I’m in my five senses, seemed off. He smiled, “Come then” he stood up and came to my side lacing our fingers together.

He opened his window and we stepped out to his porch. The loveseat remained there, and in the daylight I could see it was the color black, how predictable. He sat down and I sat next to him, “So instead of sitting in bed, doing nothing, you brought me outside to sit and do nothing?” he chuckled, “I figured we could watch the breeze, snuggle up maybe” he said. From his expression, he was serious.

If I said this guy confuses me that would be an understatement. This guy is the most random creeper I have ever met, and the part that nags at me the most is that I stick by his side. But even I had to admit he was sweet. His touch was painful however, and I couldn’t wrap my mind around why. I felt conflicted.

“You shouldn’t think so much” I looked at him curiously and he put an arm around my shoulder. “I worry when I see you pensive like this, I know what you’re capable of falsely realizing. You’re quite reckless you know, you don’t seem to value your life as much as you should. When I came to you yesterday, you didn’t even think about it, it was as if you had decided everything the night before and you were gonna come with me no matter what” he pulled me closer to him, never looking me in the eye, instead he looked off into nowhere.” I waited to see if you’d ask to know where I was taking you, and you did, but you didn’t push on the subject when I dismissed it.

“It was then that I knew that you truly felt helpless, lost almost in your own world. There was no point in arguing, no point in fighting back because you felt worthless” he pressed his lips to my forehead. I hadn’t noticed the tears staining my face until my vision became blurry. Ever since I’d met Lyric, I’ve felt that my tears have gotten so much more fragile. I didn’t like it at all. “but then something bothered me and I want to ask you something” this time his eyes met mind.

“What is it?” I asked, “Allister, do you honestly trust me?” he looked at me intently, waiting for his answer , an answer that I didn’t want to speak. “Yeah I trust you” I said shyly. He had a beaming grin on his face as soon as I’d said the last word. He leaned down and met my lips but pulled back quickly, ending the short-lived kiss with a smug smile on his face. “I’m gonna go shower now, so go find Paloma and I’ll t up with you later” I nodded and then kissed him on the cheek and left him with the most confused and shocked I’d ever seen him.

 

I wandered through the house, searching for Paloma’s room. So far I had no luck, why would Lyric do this to me? He must have forgotten. I should start carrying breadcrumbs with me and leaving them behind at every twist and turn.

“Those who live in the darkness wander aimlessly” said a sinister voice.

I snapped around quickly and was greeted by Paloma’s alternate serious persona. She smiled, a queen’s smile, warm yet indifferent. She motioned for me to follow, and I did. I felt a cold exterior from this Paloma, like all the animation had been locked away. It didn’t matter though, I kept following her and eventually we arrived to her room, special as always. She pointed in some direction and my eyes followed, it was the doll. I’d completely forgotten about that doll.

“Sit with me” Paloma was already seated around a small tea table, of course she would have something like this. Something about it seemed very Paloma, must have been the Lolita theme. “Bring the doll” she said darkly.

I glanced at the expressionless Paloma and did as she told me, being careful with the doll. I remembered the box had said Fragile after all. I walked over to the table and took a seat across from Paloma, seating the doll on my left. Paloma continued to stare expressionless.

“Paloma is something-“

“Allister” she cut me off, “A vessel. To release all the unnecessary parts of one’s humanity a vessel is required. In most cases the vessel is either a corpse or a medium, but to avoid such barbaric practices the most popular and socially accepted vessel has become the use of Porcelain dolls. Not only do they represent a proper engagement in courtship, but also they are excellent artificial mediums-“

“Paloma, are you alright your talking-“ she hushed me with a finger.

“Mortality is a flexible concept. The body does not age because of the sync it has with time, but instead ages because of the sync it shares with the soul. Many people, religions even, have spoken as the soul being eternal. In fact it is. The soul is comprised of many parts, each piece is what gives a person mortality. However ninety percent of these parts are not necessary for the soul to live on in a humane state. Once these pieces are removed the body continues to live on, aging slowly. The vessel is required because as I said, the soul is eternal. It can neither be created nor destroyed, but it can be changed.” She again narrowed her eyes, “Do you understand Allister?”

Had Paloma gone mad? She was speaking nonsense, and it scared me. This didn’t seem like Paloma at all, where was Lyric? “Paloma? I don’t understand, is something wrong?” something was obviously wrong with her, I had to help her. Paloma was my friend after all, she’d said it before in this very room.

Her eyes began to dance around in her sockets until they eventually rolled back and her eyes shut close. I rushed to her side and all tension in her body went limp. “Paloma!” I shouted exasperated. I was scared out of my mind.

“Just kidding” she whispered before springing up and tackling me to the ground in a hug. “I’m sorry Allister, it’s payback for before. That was some intense loving you and my bro were doing, and I missed most of it” she sighed disapprovingly, “But I forgive you, so forgive me too, k?”

I was angry, but the look in her eyes, I sighed and nodded. We stood up and took our seats again. This time however Paloma was normal, “Here” she said handing me a brush. I looked at it confused, what did she expect me to do? “Honestly Allister, here give it back” I handed it back and she picked up the doll and began brushing her hair. “Dolls such as this one have to cared for, this is real hair after all” she giggled from my expression, “Yes, its human hair, get over it. Just brush her before her hair gets all frizzy”

“Naw, that’s okay.” She shrugged and kept brushing. She untied the black ribbon that was laced elegantly around the doll’s blonde locks and began brushing strands of hair at a time. To be honest I didn’t want to brush the dolls hair because it seemed like a strange thing to do. However it had meant a lot to Lyric when he gave it to me, so it was a special gift.

“So-“she began, “I see things are getting even better between you and Lyric” of course she’d want to talk about that.

“Yeah, I guess” I spoke lacking the confidence that I’d been hoping for. She gave me a sympathic look. “What’s wrong?” she asked. I would speak to her openly. Paloma had proven herself helpful, trustful and a true friend the day before. I knew there was no one else I could speak to about this, Paloma was my only outlet.

“I cried” I stated self consciously. She didn’t speak, she just continued with brushing Lluvia’s hair. “I’d realized after our talk this morning that Lyric and I, we knew barley anything about each other and I felt uncomfortable with him kissing me because of that.” Still on response, she just kept on gleefully brushing, “So we talk for a while and then he kissed me. The kiss started slow but then it turned more touchy and I felt lonely-” she stopped and placed the brush on the table.

“Continue” she said with a smile. I nodded, “Well I’m not sure why I felt so lonely while Lyric was kissing me. I felt the longer he was with me, the lonelier I would be. After, almost instinctively I started grabbing at him, pulling myself closer to him, it was weird” I admitted.

“That is quite strange” she said seriously, “I wish I could tell you what to do, Allister. I really do, but I can’t. Quite frankly, I can’t even tell what’s going on, but what I do know is that you need to relax. Allister, you’ve brushed elbows with death before and it might not seem like much now, but believe me when I say it has changed you. It might very well be that it’s not fully responsible, you haven’t lived the best of lives after all, but you have to learn to relax. You are quite strange as a person, you give off no walls, no defenses, yet you are very hesitant, but at the same time quite reckless. You’re conflicted, and you have to learn how to control that.” Her Russian accent only emphasized the sage wisdom her words reflected. Paloma I’d noticed has her serious moments when everything changes. She becomes almost older in front of my eyes. Her eyes, her expression, her voice, everything seems lived when she speaks seriously, and then she’s back to her old Lolita whimsical self.

“You’re right” I said, she always seemed to be right. She giggled and resumed her brushing. “Paloma, what’s your brother like?”

“What kind of question is that Allister? You should know by now” she said bubbly.

“No, I mean you’re older brother?” her brushing stopped for a moment but then she continued.

“Uh, my older brother? What do you know about him?” she asked calmly. She asked way too calmly for Paloma. “Just that you have one” I responded laying my elbows on the table. She said to relax after all.

She untied the ribbon she’d finished tying seconds ago and began brushing again, “Aleksandr, that’s his name, Aleksandr Ershov. He’s the oldest being twenty two years old, and also the only one with different features out of the siblings. He’s hair is naturally black, unlike mines which is a naturally strawberry blonde, and he also had paler blue eyes than Lyric’s and Mine’s. He’s in Russia with the family. He’s similar to Lyric almost. I mean, he’s mature and confident but less approachable.”

“Less approachable?” I asked.

“Yes, it’s not so much as mean. People just see him as this magnificent gift from god and many are cautious to approach him because of that. Top of his classes, refined but knows how to have fun. He’s very popular with girls, it’s hilarious. You should see how they fawn over him in awe.

Everyone, everyone takes notice of him. He’s different from me and my twin, he’s not like this” she said indicating herself, “He’s much more upper east town kind of person. I love my brother, he’s my brother after all, but he like most of my family doesn’t understand us twins.” She said tying the ribbon again in a elegant fashion. “Done” she said cheerfully.

“Is that why Lyric was so hesitant to talk about him?” I asked her. She smiled apologetic.

“You noticed too, huh?” I nodded, “To be honest I don’t know why they are so hostile towards each other. Lyric doesn’t like talking about it, and whenever I asked Aleksandr he would say to ask Lyric.”

“Oh” was all I could say. “You did a good job, brushing I mean” I pointed at Lluvia who was now in her seat.

“Yeah I know” she said cheekily. I rolled my eyes, “Where is that twin of mine anyways?”

“Oh, Lyric, he’s showering. He told me to go find you, but I got lost and you found me.” We both laughed, “You guys should make signs for this place, avoid the trouble of someone getting lost”.

“Not many people come here. Very rarely does someone from back home come to visit, but other than you, no one” she said.

I found it sort of sad that no one paid them visits. It must get boring being cooped up in such a large house every day, except for school, but I’m guessing they skip a lot of it to stay home. I wonder what they would do before I started coming here.

“We should go to the mall!” she announced cheerfully, “Get you some new clothes, maybe a piercing or two”

“Yeah, maybe some other time, I think I’m gonna go find Lyric now though” I said. She frowned but then came over and gave me a squeezing hug. “Fine, but you’re not getting out of it” she whispered in my ear and giggle. “By the way, he’s right behind you” she said.

I stood up and just like she’d said, there he was. He was wearing an open sleeveless black denim jacket which showed his white sleeveless vampire knight t shirt, he also wore chain covered faded blue jeans, ripped and cut in many places, a spike bracelet and leather gloves.

“You aren’t wearing eyeliner” I stated, he smiled amused, “Let’s go” I took his hand and we made our way downstairs.

He led me past the kitchen and to the dark television room from the day before. He put in a DVD pressed play and pulled me down between his legs on the bean bag.

“Lyric, What the hell!”, I struggled to get up because he had his arms firm around me. “Let me have my fun” he stated.

“Can I at least just sit next to you?” I asked irritated. He sighed defeated and let me go. I stood up and pulled the other beanbag next to him, close enough so we’d be touching. I took my seat and his hand, lacing our fingers together, “See, this works too” I said somewhat victorious, He nodded indifferently and tightened his grip on my hand. “What are we watching” I asked.

“The Hills have eyes two. I didn’t get to finish watching it this morning because I was waiting for you outside” he said. I nodded and leaned in closer to him so our shoulders were touching.

Throughout the movie, while Lyric was watching intently my mind was elsewhere, thinking. I still hadn’t had that moment where I could think and digest all of this. All of this including Lyric, Paloma, this house, Lluvia, skipping class, this kind of date situation, the kissing, and how close I was with Lyric right now, how tight our hands were squeezing each others. I had that same lost feeling I’d get after reading a book series and everything was over. It’d only been two, three days maybe and already things were different. My once controlled life has turned into this unpredictable life where I don’t know what will happen next. I don’t know how I’m to feel around Lyric, I don’t know when he will kiss me next, I don’t plan out when I talk to Paloma, everything just happens, almost like a natural flow.

Some things hadn’t changed however, who I was for example. I was still one in the same. Even though now sitting here I ask myself, who exactly was I before? Had I always been this complicated, this impatient? Had I always been questioning and reckless? Had I always been so shy around compliments that I’d blush foolishly? I didn’t remember much at all, all of what I do remember is images of my mother, father, and the same four bare walls. Everything else seemed too incomplete to actually acknowledge, almost as if I’d never truly had my eyes open.

“You’re thinking too much again” Lyric stated. “This time its good thinking” I responded, I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek, “Guess it is” he said with a smile.

“How’d you like the movie?” he asked getting up. I looked at the screen and it was the credits, wow, I’d missed the movie.

“It was good” I said, he chuckled.

 

“Are you coming over tomorrow?” he asked putting on the breaks. I got out my seat and took his hand, walking over to the front door.

“I don’t know tomorrow’s Saturday” I said chagrined. My mother was off tomorrow, and knowing her, she’d never let me go out.

He frowned, “Give me your phone” I reached for it in my pocket and handed it to him. He did a lot of pressing and then handed it back. “Paloma or I will call you tomorrow in the morning, we’ll come up with something”, he reassured me with a smile. He lifted my chin, and kissed my chastely, “tomorrow” he said sternly and I nodded.

I watched as he drove off. I reached for my phone again, eleven fifty-nine, yep; I’d definitely be tired in the morning.

Copyright © 2011 Lonely Wanting Love; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..