Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Rebel's Temptation - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“So what’s the plan?” I whispered into my phone. I hadn’t slept much last night, a lot of twisting and turning like the night before that. When I eventually did go to sleep, it was already morning and my phone was vibrating on my leg.

“Well we actually came up with something simple” spoke the female Russian accent, Paloma no doubt. She sounded animated despite it being early in the morning. “Well?” I asked impatiently. A giggle, “You’re gonna tell them that you’re studying with a friend all day. Exams are after all, not too far” she mused. I had to stifle a chuckle; my mother had ears like a fox.

“Okay” I agreed, “I’ll call you back” she giggled and I ended the call. I got out of bed and dressed, no time for a shower. I had to seem one step ahead, and since I’d slept longer than I should have, I wasn’t ready before Paloma had called.

I walked out my room cautiously, making my way down the train of stairs as calm and normal as possible. “Good morning” I called out. My mother stepped out the kitchen and smiled, responding with a good morning of her own. Good, she was in a good mood. “Mom-“I began, “I was wondering if you’d let me go over to friends so we could study. Exams are coming up soon and I want to score as high as possible” I said as earnest as I could.

“No” she said quickly and retreated back to her cooking. I walked into the kitchen, I wasn’t giving up so easily, “-but mom, I need to-“she cut me off with a sneer.

“That’s why you’re supposed to pay attention in school for, to get good grades. Not so you can try to weasel a good grade after” she replied.

“I have been working hard mother, but these aren’t like tests, they are exams covering an entire semester. I’ve got to study and review if I expect to do well” I said giving her a pleading gaze. She looked angry and turned around, “Do whatever you want” she muttered.

I lit up and said a thank you, excusing myself. I ran upstairs and called back my the last numbered that had called, “Hey Paloma, she said yes” I said before she said hello.

“Alright, I’m five minutes away. Come outside, k?” I nodded, stupid me, “Yeah” I said, “Wait- why are you five minutes away?” I asked. She giggled.

“It was my plan afterall” she said smugly. I laughed and hung up.

I ran downstairs, not caring about how much noise I made. I mother began to yell something but I was out the door before I gave her voice a chance to reach me. I walked to the side walk and waited for what seemed like forever. I wanted them to be here now; part of me kept thinking my mother would run out the house with a belt telling me to get inside. I shivered at the thought, how embarrassing would that be.

Salvation! They were here. I didn’t give them a chance to pull in, there was no need. I ran up to the car, almost getting hit in the process. I stood outside the door impatiently until I heard the click of the lock being disabled. I got in and slammed the door shut, “Go” I said. My house seemed to be fading away in the distance.

“Good Morning” said a voice from the back. A blonde haired head popped between Paloma and smiled. “You didn’t sleep much” he stated. I looked at him confused , “Your shirt’s inside out” he said. I sighed in defeat.

“Yeah, I had a hard time falling asleep and when I finally did fall asleep, my phone was vibrating on my leg” I admitted. He smiled warmly and grabbed my hand, “Come back here” he said.

For some reason I looked at Paloma, almost asking for permission, “Just go” she said bubbly. I smiled and unbuckled myself and with a lot of difficulty, I ended up falling on top of Lyric. “Sorry, bump in the road” she said.

“Sorry” I said trying to get off, he wrapped his arms around me though, “Stay here” he said warmly. I rolled my eyes and after prying myself from his arms, I sat next to him causing him to frown. Today he was wearing a death note shirt, and Friday the thirteenth pajama pants. It was weird, this was the simplest I’d seen him. “Did you just get up?” I asked.

His face softened some, “Yeah. The reason I wanted to get you so early is cause I thought we could sleep together like yesterday” he said with a cocky smile.

I was a deep colored red most likely, again that bastard found a way to embarrass me. Paloma however found it hilarious like she did with most things Lyric said. She was laughing so hard that for a moment I worried about crashing. I kicked the seat and her laughing died down, but I could still hear her giggling softly. Lyric however wasn’t laughing. He kept staring at me intently, he’d been serious.

To be honest, sleep didn’t sound so bad right about now, and sleeping with him didn’t sound so bad either. What pissed me off was how opened he was about it all, he announces things and enjoys how I change shades of red, the cocky creeper. I knew though, that I’d probably end up sleeping next to him anyways. As much as I hated to admit it.

“What about you Paloma?” I asked. “What about me?” she questioned back. “What are you gonna do this early in the morning?” I said. Lyric laced his hands with mine and scooted closer to me.

“Sleep”, she announced, “It’s four in the morning Allister. What else would any normal teenager be doing on a Saturday morning?” she stated cheekily.

“Allister” Lyric whispered in my ear, “ May I kiss you?’ he asked.

No, I couldn’t do that in front of Paloma, but…I nodded. He leaned in resting his head on my forehead, “I’ll wait for when we’re alone” he whispered. Wow, I wasn’t expecting something like that, from what I knew from him he usually just kissed me unless I stopped him. Then again, the fact I didn’t know a lot of about him was still nagging at me. I’m supposed to know about him, right? We do have, well we never actually defined a relationship, but if we’re doing that daily then I should know more. I guess I’ll just ask him later.

I tilted my head up and gazed at his face. He seemed different somehow. He was handsome, he had a angelic face, he was a dark angel and… I wanted to…I wanted to touch him. I leaned up to kiss him on the cheek; so far this was all I’d ever been able to do to him. All the kisses we’d shared, he’d been the one to initiate them. Even though my gesture was so small, he smile warmly, genuinely, tenderly, and I blushed and became flustered. Heart Clench.

As pained as I felt, as much as I hated not only him for making me feel this way, and myself for allowing such actions to happen, I welcomed the pain. I allowed the pain to consume me entirely and willingly, putting up no fight. He squeezed my hand, locking his fingers with mines tighter. Heart Clench.

As disturbed and perverted it sounded, I wanted him to hurt me. I wanted him to mark me, scar me, burn me, cut me. I’d done it many times to myself and never was fully satisfied. He could satisfy me though, if the mark came from him, it was more than enough. Heart clench.

 

We eventually arrived, drowsy tear irritated my eyes. I felt somewhat bewildered in my surrounding for a minute, I must have drifted somewhere along the ride. I rubbed my eyes and felt a small queeze on my right hand.

“You should have waited till we arrived to me room” he patronized teasingly. I would have normally sent him a cold glare, narrowed my eyes in anger, and responded with a bitter comment, but I was too tired to care. I let out a sigh causing Lyric to chuckle in amusement, “let’s go” he tightened even further the grip on my hand causing some discomfort as he led me out of his side of the door.

“Aww, so cute in the morning” cooed Paloma. I’d almost forgotten she’d been there watching. I wasn’t entirely as mortified as I would be before whenever Paloma had been watching. She’d been watchful of my ‘relationship’ with Lyric, giving me insight and advice whenever I asked for it or not. Still, even if things were like that, I couldn’t deny the pink tint in my cheek and the fluster I felt from her peering eyes.

“We’ll be in my room Paloma. Don’t disturb us” he said indifferently. She let out a sigh, crossing her bare arms in frustration, “I mean it” he stated firmly over his shoulder. Since we had been passing through the wooden door, entering the satin white maze, I wasn’t sure if I’d heard correctly but I could have sworn I heard Paloma mutter something.

We walked and hand in hand toward the stairs before he halted, “Do you want anything to eat? Drink?” he asked.

“ No, maybe later. I just wanna get some sleep” I responded before another big sigh escaped me. He smirked and tugged my hand towards the train of stairs.

Since Lyric and I usually never held hands for so long, I’d never realized how awkward it was. The height differences definitely made how proportionate our arms different from each others. He usually ended up pulling my hand up so that we could walk close to each other, my hand usually being cradeled next to his waist and next to my side. I didn’t really mind it, just an observations I’d made.

The hallways were as dark as usual, and the twists and turn we took left me as confused and lost as always. How the hell do they know their way around here? I eventually saw the bright corner and after turning we arrived to the familiar empty hallway. The latter of stairs that were usually hidden, were already descending downwards. I went first, and Lyric followed form behind me.

The shades in the room were tied back, allowing the weak light beams from the morning sun to penetrate through the room. I walked slowly to the bed but realized Lyric wasn’t next to me. I turned around and found him crouched on the floor, next to the opening in the floor.

“I’m locking it just to make sure” he said. I laughed and fell backwards onto the king sized bed, heaven. Whoa, he really was serious about keeping Paloma out. Serious? Did he have something planned out? Was he expecting something private? I kept laughing and he began chuckleiong loudly. His tall stronger body laid next to me, both of us facing the ceiling. A foot and a half of distance obvious between us.

“You’re quite timid” he said bluntly. “You can come closer you know, like we were yesterday” my face grew warm, how can he say embarrassing things so indifferently all the time?

I bit my lip hesitantly, but scooted up closer to him, and he did the same, coming close enough to where our shoulders were touching. All this felt awkward and uncomfortable. I wonder how the hell I did it unconscious yesterday, but now that I’m conscious I’m an idiot. Just keep moving. I brought my arm around his torso, and laid my head on his chest. Not knowing how he felt with my weight on top of him made me ill at ease which is why I was so stiff.

“Don’t worry Allister, just relax” he whispered bringing two arms around me, and pulling me closer to his body. This cuddling stuff seemed easy for him. My body relaxed a bit over his as his mussed my hair. I could still feel the tension though. He didn’t care though, not at all, he just pulled me even firmer against him, molding me on him.

So close, so soft, heart beat after heart beat, his cold breath against my face.

I felt his eyes on me, “You’re staring” I pointed out. I didn’t want to ask but, “Is this okay, I mean does it feel weird, uncomfortable?”

“Allister, I’m fine, really. I’m just kind of hot” he said, “How bout you?”

“I’m good” I muttered into his shirt, “But if you’re hot maybe I should just-“I trailed off but he just laughed. I peered up at him questionably.

“No, but I usually sleep shirtless, maybe that’s why it’s hot” he explained. Oh shit. “Do you mind if I take it off?” he asked warily. His blue piercing eyes watched me, waiting for an answer, an answer that he was hoping for.

I wanted to say no, I wanted to get away from him. Something about seeing him shirtless seemed perverted. I felt I would become one of those peeping toms’s that I’d always watched out for. His eyes though, they made me want to betray myself. “I don’t mind” I said.

He smiled and kissed my forehead. I raised my head to allow him room, and he effortlessly, and seemingly too willing took off his shirt, tossing it to his left. He positioned himself as he’d been before and gave me a look that said it was alright to move. I laid myself against his body and he instinctively wrapped his arms, biceps and all, around me, molding me to him again.

My body shivered at the skin to skin contact. I felt outlandish, my cheek on the muscles of his chest. The cool paleness of his skin and the smell of his body sent a perverse arousal through me. My fingers mindlessly began shaking as they trailed the contour of his abs, moving up to his chest, my hand spread, palm down on the definition of his chest. I couldn’t believe how I could allow myself to do this.

I felt conflicted, follow my instinct or follow my mind. My thoughts said to stop, told me how uncomfortable I felt. But I couldn’t, I was enjoying it. Every minute of feeling his skin, of feeling the contraction of his muscle, I wanted to feel him all. I no longer recognized myself; even in my reflection I was sure that I was no longer the same. I wanted to touch him forever, to feel his biceps, god, this was sexy.

I traced the lining of his veins down his arms, and when I met his hand I made another observation. His hands were much larger than mine and even something small like that made me feel even more in awe.

I hadn’t noticed, but he’d been watching me carefully. I could see how his blue piercing eyes was taking everything in, detail by detail. I bit my lips again, hesitant as always, but this time I didn’t care. I leaned closer to him until my lips met his, and I could feel the pressure of his cool lip ring against my lips. I’d never known what kissing was until I’d met Lyric and I wasn’t ready to experiment just yet, so I ended the kiss chastely. I placed my head on his cold chest, and breathed in his smell.

He chuckled, “That’s new” he stated cheekly. I felt my cheek warm, and he must have felt it also against his chest because he leaned down and kissed my head. “I liked it Allister. Thank you”. I pretended to ignore him until he spoke again, “Allister?”

“What is it?” I asked.

“Is this okay? Do you feel uncomfortable?” he asked in that familiar indifferent tone.

“Shut up” I muttered into his chest and with that I pulled myself closer to his body almost in a grinding motion and grabbed onto his biceps ashamed yet wanting, my drowsiness finally took me.

 

I woke up when I felt the warmth of the sun rays hit my face. I’d forgotten that we’d left the curtains tied up. I was still in the same position I’d been when I fell asleep, my head on his chest and an arm around him. His skin was cool, I liked it, and I’d always hate the warm air. I glanced up at him and his eyes were still shut close, the movement of his breathing felt almost therapeutic and whenever I put my complete attention on his heart beat, I felt my Heart clench. So close.

I wonder how long I’d been asleep, how long we’d been in this position, I wonder if maybe his arm or leg had gone numb from having to have my body over him. No, I don’t think so, he seemed too peaceful, his face. I couldn’t’ believe I’d kissed his lips. They were the same lips that always mocked me with that smug smile, or that cocky crooked smile that I hated as much that i loved it, and I could never get enough of it, or maybe his gentle warm smile that put my entire being at ease. Maybe…maybe that’s why I always let myself get into such embarrassing situation, my blush. Maybe that’s why I blushed, just so he could mock me with that smile, and I could call him a perverted bastard in my mind.

I don’t know I’m still too tired to think clearly or coherently. I closed my eyes and soon enough I was back to sleep.

 

“Wake up Allister” I heard him say in the morning groggily voice that we all seemed to have when we first woke up. To be honest, I’d been awake for about twenty minutes.

“I’m awake” I said, imitating the same groggily voice. “What time is it?”I asked.

“It’s nine fifty-two” he said. I started to rise off of him but he grabbed my forearm and nudged me, as if to say to get back down.

“What was the point of waking me up if you’re gonna have me lying down again?”

“I thought we could be awake together, maybe talk a bit” I peered into his eyes and saw a familiar loneliness. How strange, he’d never seemed lonely to me before. Alongside this loneliness was also something else, something more anxious, nervous.

I nestled my head back on his strong chest, running a hand over his arm. He gave me a small squeeze before pressing his lips to my head. “Allister, I wanna talk about us” he said. About us?

“I’ve been thinking of what you said. I agree that we don’t know everything about each other, but I’d like to try. If you let me that is...” he trailed off in an earnest hushed tone. I peered up meeting his piercing gaze, piercing and blue.

I did not doubt his honesty, or his sincerity. It almost made me feel special having someone, an actual someone, who wants to learn about you. Someone who takes the time to educate themselves about your dislikes, and your likes to therefore be more considerate about you…it makes me feel like he actually cares.

I began tracing the outline of his veins, an activity that I was beginning to find not only fascinating but addicting. I followed the blue lining down his pale arms with my eyes before I responded in also a hush tone, “Yeah Lyric, of course. But I want to know about you also, only fair right?”

“Right” he responded with a grin, “Can you say it again?” he asked.

Confused by what he meant I asked, “Say what again?”

“Say that you trust me. I’m sorry…I’ve been spending an enormous amount of effort trying to ease my worries, maybe you could…? He trailed off in question.

This would be the first time I would hear any type of self doubt from Lyric. He didn’t seem the type of person to be ill at ease with something like this or anything. To me, I’ve only seen his indifferent cold side, or his cocky confident, slightly obnoxious side, and then there was his romantic side which embarrassed me to no end. Never before did I imagine there’d be a self conscious side. But of course…he was only human.

“You’re weird, you know that?” I said, sounding much more like mumbling because of his chest.

“Just humor me” he demanded gently.

“I trust you” I spoke in a whisper feeling the same embarrassment and timidity I felt from saying something so clichéd, but despite that I did mean it. And if it could put him at ease, why not?

Maybe I was too trusting like he’d said, reckless. He’d read me, read me like a book, and maybe that’s why he felt like this. Perhaps he felt my confession as part of my reckless nature and he couldn’t be sure. I could hurt him…I had the capabilities to hurt him at the mention of a few words. It felt like a weight on my chest. A weight that I could easily get rid of or I could just carry it and suffer its consequences. My choice.

“Tell me what you’re thinking. You seem pensive again” he remarked gently running tender fingers along the small of my back.

I ran my hands over the contours of his abs, following the miniature paths on his torso, every contraction, “I’m wondering if you believe me” I spoke in the same calm gentle tone.Technically I’m not lying.

“You’ve given me no reason to doubt you” he spoke in a familiarity I recognized from the evening before.

How sure he sounded. How positive in his own assertions. Whether they were true or false, they left me with no doubt…I believed him. This person…a person who could touch me in more ways than one, body, mind, and most sensitive the soul, I could break him. Whether he was trying to affect my unconscious mind on purpose was beyond me, but I knew…I knew I wasn’t helpless anymore. Stupid Lyric. He was betraying himself, making himself the helpless person for me, so that I could truly believe and have faith in every word he spoke.Stupid Lyric.

“What are you thinking now Allister?” he patronized in hush tones.

Unable to control my instinctual facial functions, I smiled, “I’m thinking about how stupid you are Lyric”. My eyes peered up where I met his blue haunting eyes. They expressed no signs of hurt, no signs of strain or hostility, instead they understood.

“Stupid huh?” he chuckled softly, sending small vibrations through my body. But then, his face became much more serious, a gleam in eyes, “You understand don’t you?” I nodded escaping his gaze, focusing more on his warmth, “I wish to break you, to see the cracks on your broken down body, your eyes gazing into nothingness with an absent minded gaze, and bloody tears down your cheeks. Your limbs obtuse, dislocated from every socket. For something to break, especially when it’s reckless, helpless, worthless, sometimes the only solution is to crack it to the core where something different resides. I want to be the one to destroy you, and if it means I’m putting my own person on the line, so be it. Only you may crack me. Only if you truly wish to polish your own self”

“And if I hated you, or you started hating me?” I asked.

“Words like hate, they share barely any difference from words such as ‘like’ or ‘love’ or ‘endearment’ or any of the sort. Both words share not only the same intense emotions behind them, but also the similar distances from the words ‘Good Bye’. The only differences between both words are I would say those few words that are left unspoken.”

“You are the sappiest creeper I’ve ever met” I stated in a more leisurely manner.

“Is it not to your liking?” he asked.

Whenever decisions were laid in front of me, I’d always been one to take whatever route was the quickest, or I’d hesitate taking the easiest less involved route. Heart Clench.

I responded the best way I felt fit, “Whatever” with the warm tingle in my cheeks my eyes escaped his gaze.

The cool feeling of his lip ring brushed on my forehead bringing along an almost teasing brush of his lips. “I feel that we won’t get to hear each other’s life story today” he said nonchalantly. I nodded in agreement, “It’s okay though, we have time. There’s no rush” he said coolly.Idiot…It’ll only hurt more in the long run.

Using his finger, he lifted my chin to where only millimeters distanced our faces, “its okay if it’s just us” he smirked before bringing his lips against mine, kissing me tenderly.

 

I’d decided to grant Paloma’s wish to accompany her to the mall. She seemed happy with my submissiveness, so at least there’d be that. Of course, shopping still seemed to me to be something trivial, nothing really special about it. Paloma however wanted to take full advantage of her new canvas, gothic central here we come.

Walking into the nearest black on black stores, with accessories ranging from the best chains to the most daring piercings, and the ever present piercer, I was beginning to wonder what Paloma’s plans truly were.

“Paloma this store…”I trailed off fidgeting awkwardly in the center of this underworld chaos. Paloma peered at me innocently and then resumed her shuffling through the racks of what seemed to be band shirt. “Allister go on along and look around the mall, I’ll call you when I’m done choosing your new wardrobe” I winced at the thought, but offered her a chagrin, a grin nonetheless.

Walking through the spacious mall it felt odd being the youngest among most of the shoppers, except for the occasional child in carriage or the little girl pulling on her mom’s skirt. Skipping school, I was almost putting myself on center stage for everyone around, yet no one payed me attention. I didn’t no whether t be grateful or disturbed, Does no one value education anymore?

Passing the large centerpiece fountain, I’d arrived to a familiar setting. The only store I’d ever actually spent money at, the only one I was familiar with the prices, clothing style, everything. Walking inside I made my way directly to the guys section, ignoring any fake smiling clerk trying to make a sale for their own benefit.

I was surprised to find other youths around there. They weren’t around my age to say the least, they were older, but not old enough to rule out as an just yet adult. Two guys around their late teens, maybe eighteen or nineteen. One seemed ethnic, he had incredibly tanned skin, the kind that could only be naturally, or paid for with a lot of money. His skin and chestnut brown hair contrasted incredibly with the moonlight pale grey, almost white eyes, giving him an angelic look. The other was pale white unlike his tanned companion, eyes a pale blue, and hair was a natural raven black.

I walked past them toward the jeans and they paid me no attention, damn they’re tall. Ibrowsed through the jeans pulling one out after another from rack. I was looking for my idolized style, the right fit of jean, straight lean jeans. The store carried them, but the ones of my size were scarce, most likely because most youth had the same size waist as mine. I picked one up. It was of the perfect color, a washed out colored blue, I turned it around examining the tag hanging off the back pocket, Not my size.

“Hey kid” annoyed by the reference of‘hey kid’ I turned around sharply. “Those jeans are what I’ve been looking for, where’d you find them?” said the Spanish sounding accent. I’d been around enough Hispanic and even the rare ones from Spain to recognize that accent.

It was one of the guys I’d passed, the angelic looking one was talking to me. His unnatural pale eyed me with a friendly gleam that would normally have been comforting if not for the surprise I was feeling, “Over there, but these aren’t my size, maybe they’re yours?” I responded.

Extending him the pair of washed out blue jeans, his much larger tanned hands reached for them politely. He turned them around examining them from behind before his cheeks raised, a grin forming on his face, “yeah they are, thanks…”

“Allister” I filled in, remembering the earlier kid comment. One thing that irked me about people’s views was when they put me down for the most uncalled for things, kid being one of them. I smiled, masking my true discomfort, remembering he was only a stranger, one that I was more than likely to never run in with.

“Thanks Allister, I’m Joaquin, and this is-“he made a motion to turn around but his friend was already by his side

“Alex” he said to me, British, before turning his attention to his companion, “You found what you wanted?” Joaquin nodded with a smile, an almost youth smile.

“This kid found them for me” he told him motioning towards me.

Alex smiled; his smile was not like Joaquin’s though. He had a charming smile, not that Joaquin’s wasn’t because it was, however Alex’s smile seemed much more gracious, he reminded me of a prince. Hair perfectly combed, teeth were white, broad shoulders and muscular slender frame. He was even dressed well in a casual long sleeve black shirt, buttons at the top and bottom left un-buttoned displaying the tone and definition of his body to perfection, and finishing his overall appearance were designer jeans that seemed to frame his legs just right. They were cut though, around the knees there were ripped holes taking away from a formal look that slacks or trouser would have brought.

Joaquin was dressed similar to Alex except for his top being a white polo instead of a long sleeve, but nonetheless it was an expensive kind of polo. He had different styled hair, wavy chestnut brown hair, different to Alex’s straight raven hair.

They both eyed me in silence as if they were waiting for me to say something. In a small of a town as this one, I’d never seen them before, ever. Usually I would have run in to someone that I could see some form a familiarity in. Both of them were, my guess, outsiders.

“I’ve never seen you two around” I spoke boldly.

How bold of me to even bring up what didn’t concern me. I always was one to push on about the liberty and freedom of privacy, and here I was asking them of their business. I’d have to remember my principles late though, I was truly curious.

“We’re not from here. We’re here on a vacation of sort” responded Alex as charming as his smile.

“Yeah, nothing really important” grinned Joaquin following his more childish youthful side. “You wouldn’t happen to know how to get to the food court would you? We’re kind of starving”

I bit my lip trying to hide the smile forming from his - lost child- question, remembering they were older. It was best not to get on their bad side, especially because they weren’t from around so It couldn’t be expected of them to act like the rest of the residents of this small town. They could be dangerous for all I know, but even though there was that ‘could be’ something about the entire air around them seem trusting and friendly.

“Sure. I’ll take you there I’d you’d like” I responded in a cheerful, yet causal manner.

Their response was two overwhelming pleasant smiles, thankful smiles. I almost felt a small surge of pride from not only my new daring persona but also from the grateful smiles.

Alex’s smiled in all his six foot four perfection , cocking his head in an appropriate way making him seem even more prince like, gallant “That’d be great, only of course if you’d join us as well”

A accomplishing smile crept on my face. In normal circumstances, without a doubt my answer would have been a simple polite ‘no’ or maybe even more polite a ‘no thank you’, but the cloud surrounding this guy was compelling me to my more reckless side. Compelling me in a way that felt easy and breezy, “Sounds cool” I hope I sounded a lot less breathless than I felt.

Joaquin smiled a beaming white smile, but was hastily replaced with a prominent disappointment, “Sorry guys. I have a few more things to get in another store. You guys go on ahead, Alex can get me something to go, right Alex?” He asked in such a cheerful obnoxious tone, but he’d easily get away with it, With a face like his.

Alex sighed half teasing, “Yeah, Yeah, I guess I’ve no other choice do I?” he turned to me, “Lead the way”

Walking out the door from where I’d found no fortune in finding my jeans, I found myself feeling insecure walking next to someone as tall as Alex. Step by Step he walked with the swagger and Elegance of any royal blooded person. Maybe he is a prince.

His face remained in a smile, holding no true emotion as we walked. I couldn’t help but steal my glances, sneaky like a fox. And from the few people that surrounded our trail, staring, I was not the only sneaky fox hoping for a look .He kept in silence, never speaking, but smiling in that manner would have sent a cold shiver through anyone, but his quiet confidence took away from the eerie x factor. Any doubt, any doubt, there was none.

Any jock, any pretty boy, any bad boy with the girl hanging from the back of his motorcycle couldn’t hide the inner doubt many found hard to read. Having been an observant person I knew what to look for, that side to side eye movement, the hesitant hand, shaking hand through the hair, and even the evading eyes, I knew what doubt was. Whoever this Alex truly was, he seemed to have no doubt. And if he did, which as impossible as it seemed at this moment, he knew well how to hide it. Cold as ice, yet charming as a most noble appealing prince.

“Is there something on my face?” he said breaking my thought in the most boyish of curious eyes.

“We’re here” I said changing the subject.

I’d been really fortunate to have had the huge printed in blue letter sign hanging midair, marking the place of the food court.

“How about some Chinese? Sound good to your liking?”

“Yeah Chinese sounds good, but are you sure it’s okay to pay? I mean I do have some money with me-“ my face remained stuttering as my hands desperately searched for the my wallet in the pockets on my sides and then back, but he spoke up before I pulled it out,

“No problem at all. It’s the least I can do for helping me and taking time out of your shopping” he responded in a way anyone, could only nod yes to.

I could allow myself some selfishness right? I’d been bold, I needed to go with the flow and follow these new selfish advances, “Alright then. I’ll find us a table, just get me whatever. Anything Chinese tastes awesome to me” Good Allister.

Smiling content I walked over to the empty tables in the back. Privacy was still important to me, and from how people had been watching earlier, privacy was only for the best. There weren’t that many people however, so it would be that much of a problem.

I sat on the chair closest to the table, and in viewing distance of Alex. Even from afar he seemed to stand out from the crowd. That is, his crowd was only composed of the laboring mothers, workers on break, and the thinning hair old man, but still. I felt tingly and anxious, my arms laying lazily over the circular table for four. Putting myself out there seemed a lot harder than any thought could relate.

I wanted to do it, I was in control. I had choices. I couldn’t expect myself to be the same helpless person that I was, forever. But despite this new sudden leaf I was turning the pit that settled deep and darkening in my mind said otherwise.

I wasn’t really being any different, I wasn’t really being any more confident than I’d been this morning. Perhaps this gesture I’d done had in fact been more daring than the typical Allister. But really, it was more likely to be a fluke, or even more likely the motivated curiosity that was brimming in my head. Reckless, non caring Allister, I was still one in the same. Motivated more by the most interesting route, but still maintaining it easy/

“Anything wrong Allister?” my eyes shot up from the decorated table to the eye brow raised Alex.

“Uh, no” I replied.

He placed the tray that I guessed was mines, in front of me, and took his seat from across. “You sure? You seem lost in thought. Anything you’d like to talk about?”

“No, nothing important” I said sticking the straw into the plastic cup of pepsi, “Thanks for that food Alex”

“Sure.” He laughed before taking the first innocent helping with the manners only a real gentleman could perform so well. But suddenly to my surprise, he gave way to his composure and assumed a causal position, setting elbows on the table, slouching slightly. “So Allister, besides shopping for washed out blue jeans and turning empty handed, what other things do you like to do?”

“Uh, Uh, Umm” I began stuttering, “Uh, sorry. I’m the type of person who tends to go blank when asked a question” I said hoping to sound less shy then I was beginning to feel.

“I can tell” he laughed, “Okay, Let’s say I was to ask you more direct specific questions…would that help?” he raised a brow in a boyish amiable way.

A laughed escaped me “Yeah, maybe” I responded more at ease.

“ Favorite food?”

“Come on Alex”, I said before taking a helping of white rice and then swallowing. “Do you even have to ask?”

He grinned amused “I guess not. Something more serious…Sitting across from me right now, does it feel like a date” he asked with a witty smirk.

If it wasn’t for the rice and orange flavored chicken in my mouth…my mouth would have been most likely been hanging wide open. But I think my deer in the headlight eyes was more than enough because he began laughing.

“Sorry Allister. I was just kidding” I sighed, “Maybe” he said. My eyes widened again and he smirked, “Just kidding” he laughed again prince like, yet with a boy next door innocence.

He cocked his head, pushing the bangs away from his face with the motion, “You know, for someone as young as you, you’re quite self conscious” he stated wiping his mouth.

I swallowed more rice down, “I’m not that young.” I replied before reaching for my soda.

“How old are you?”

“How old are you?” I retorted leisurely.

“Twenty two”
“Fiffteen”

“Fiffteen? I thought you might have been older” he narrowed his eyes teasingly, “But now I see it. You have a young face, but you dress and act much older”

I finished sipping my soda, “How old did you think I was?”

“I was hoping you’d be atleast seventeen” he said smiling in innocent style. Hoping? Is he trying to flirt with me?

“Hoping?” I questioned placing my elbows relaxed and casual on the table.

He shook his head laying back in his seat, his arm hanging freely off the back of his seat, “Never mind.”

My phone began vibrating in the confines of my pocket, and after some struggle from the sitting position I was in I got it out, flipping it open unaware of my caller, brining it close to my ear.

“Hello?”

“Allister get over here, I got you some clothes” Paloma mused from the otherside.

“Give me a few minutes to get there okay?”

“Fine, just hurry! You need to check them out” she giggled

“Okay, I got to go though, see you in a few”

“Alright, bye”

“Bye”

I closed my phone, slipping it in my pocket.

“Your girlfriend?” Alex Asked.

“No. I don’t have a girlfriend” I said smiling at the thought of dating Paloma. That’d be something interesting.

“Your leaving?” he questioned.

“Yeah, sorry. I have to go, someone’s waiting for me” I apologized rising from my seat.

He rose, standing tall in front of me, forcing me to tilt my head up to meet his pale face, pinkish tinted cheeks rising with an amiable grin, “Do you mind giving me your number. Since Joaquin and I are here, and we don’t know anyone, maybe we could call you up?” he asked. Again he seemed to smile with an unbeknownst compelling allure.

“Sure” I replied in a friendly manner.

After a quick exchange of numbers, I said good bye leaving Alex standing alone in the back of the food court. Still, he seemed out of place, as the more refined prince like Alex became more prominent in his posture.

Walking away I felt the same small surge of pride in my chest. Perhaps it wasn’t all just recklessness; maybe a tiny part of me was growing a bit of the much needed confidence. Maybe I really was changing? Maybe

My questioning thoughts seized as my phone began vibrating again, sending the tingly tickling sensation through my leg. I slipped it out with much more ease as I was now standing, walking at a quick pace, “I’m coming Paloma.”I spoke into the mouth piece, smiling foolishly.

 

Shopping with Paloma, as I’d made my mind up earlier, ended up in a fortunate flop. Out of the twenty something possible combinations, accessories and all, which Paloma had chosen for me, I ended up getting a Black Death Note shirt and a spiked bracelet. Nothing more, much to Paloma’s chagrins.

I couldn’t hide the playful amused smile that crept over my face. Delighted by the black cloud surrounding Paloma…actually not so much delighted, just amused. Paloma’s face back in the store had been worth the two hours we took in the mall. After I placed practically everything back on the rack, her mouth went wide open, and her eyes were like a deer caught in the headlights, priceless.

I knew though, that I might have won this battle, but there’d be more than one opportunity for my fierce competitor. She’d have her way soon; of course I wouldn’t go done without a fight.

Driving into my house, I felt I almost missed Lyric and his kiss good bye. Grabbing unto his arms enticed me, feeling the pale coolness of his skin drove me crazy, and the tinkling sensation of the smooth metal on his lip made me melt in every kiss we had shared. Never before did the appeal of masculinity seem as chilling as it did when I was with lyric. Too bad I’d agreed to go directly home after the trip to the mall.

“You should call him. He must be bored out of his mind waiting for something, a text, anything” she mused in an elevated mood. Paloma must have known Lyric was on my mind. Receptive as always, Paloma was a wide doll eyed cute haunting creeper. A better type of creeper than Lyric.

I sighed, knowing that she was right. Like most other times, Paloma always seemed to be right. “I’ll text him” I assured through the window of her seat. I was standing outside with my elbows crossed where the window had been rolled down. “Anyways Paloma, thanks for the ride, and for the trip to the mall. It was interesting.” I said with a chuckle.

“Just you wait Allister Price, I will get you” she smiled mischievously with her maleficent threat.

“Bye Paloma”

“Bye “she cooed.

I watched from the front of my house as the Paloma drove off in the opposite direction. I hoped I could be in that car right now, driving away. Maybe even stay the night. I’d do anything to get out of this house, and stay out. But I was glad for my outings from prison, hopefully they’d keep coming. I’d hate it if I couldn’t go see Paloma and Lyric. In these few days, I truly felt I’d become close with them. They were my friends, my friends, how funny. I always wondered how friends would be like, having only had my boulder in the forest as the only friend I’d ever known.

My phone began to vibrate. I went for it, pulling it out of my pocket and flipping it open to display my new message.

Hey Allister, it was from Alex.

Using my quick pressing skills I’d obtained from my habit of typing in my phone number, I responded, Hey Alex. What sup? Before closing my phone, I scanned down my phone book, surprise surprise, barely any numbers, Lyric? You still awake? And I hit send.

Before I could even slip my phone in my pocket, it vibrated, Yeah I’m awake. How’d the shopping go?

It went well for me. Not so much for Paloma, lol. Anyways, how’d you respond so fast?

I closed my phone, now slipping it in my pocket. I jogged towards the front door, opening it with the door from under the flower pot. I didn’t like carrying keys, so I always made sure to hide a key somewhere for quick access. I placed the key back where’d I had found it before closing the door behind me, running my way upstairs before my mother or father would see that I was home. They’d probably call for me if I was still idle on the stairs or somewhere near. I ran to my room, closing the door behind me quietly and throwing myself over my small bed. The one pillow I’d left by the foot of my bed went flying towards my mirror, but one was all I needed. I set my bag to the side.

Quickly I reached for my phone, two new messages.

I opened the first one from Alex, Not much, just wondering what you were doing.

Nothing interesting, here lying on my bed, watching the ceiling age slowly over time. I hit send and then opened the message from Lyric.

I have a blackberry, remember? Anyways, I’d figured you wouldn’t let Paloma go overboard on the new wardrobe. What are you doing now?

I’m here in my bed. Nothing really going on, what are you doing? Vibration, message from Alex.

Sounds like your having a good time, I’m jealous. I’m watching Joaquin finish his Chinese, and somewhat watching the TV. Oh...Joaquin says hi.

Tell him I said hi. Did you guys just get home? I hit send, and my phone sent another vibration up my arm.

Message from Lyric, Same, I finished taking my shower. I wish you were here with me. You should try to get your parents to let you stay the night. I’d like to sleep here with you by my side.

I was actually thinking about maybe staying the night some time, I messaged back ignoring the end of his message. I couldn’t actually ignore it though. I could feel a hint of warmth rising in my cheeks.

In person he’d probably had stood right in front of me, not directly looking at me, but still asking me to sleep over. He might have touched my cheek gently, tracing the lining of my face.

I didn’t mean anything sexual by staying over the night, I honestly meant just sleeping over, and he did too. Neither of us actually had defined anything, and the way we were towards each other, I still had much hesitation, and Lyric was too sweet to even think of sex now. Despite how fast we’d met, and the under the strange circumstances, Lyric was considerate of me.

In truth, I didn’t want sex crawling in my mind. Kissing seemed too much on its own. Call me a coward, I was afraid of what the mass population thought was essential for life.

You’re coming over tomorrow? What should I say? The phone vibrated.

No, got home a while after you left. I was wondering if maybe you’d like to come over tomorrow. Since we don’t know anybody, and we might be staying awhile. Joaquin got some movies that we were gonna watch tomorrow, kind of a marathon. We figured we might want to make some friends. What do you think?

More decisions, more routes to choose. What do I do? I wanted to see Lyric tomorrow, as much as I didn’t want to get too close, too attached. Alex was a cool guy, someone I could see as a friend, Joaquin also. I never had friends, never had any attention on myself, but now I was beginning to become of interest in a way I knew only deep down in my inner conscious I’d only admit to have ever wanted.

I’d compromise.

Yeah, if its not a problem, early in the morning like today? But I have to get home by the afternoon? That okay? I pressed send, and watched the tiny envelope gif slowly turn around before the big letters announced a send.

Yeah sounds cool. Could we do it in the afternoon maybe? I won’t be home till around one or two.

Message from Lyric, Sure, I’ll pick you up around four in the morning that okay? Or should we earlier?

Around three thirty, I replied before my phone began vibrating again.

Message from Alex, Sure, text me when you’re ready and we’ll meet at the mall. We can stock up on food and then we’ll head for my apartment.

Content, I rolled to my side, twisting my torso to the neon green numbers. Nine fifty-six. I’d be awake for awhile texting and awake even longer staring into the darkness in my room, waiting for slumber to take me.

Copyright © 2011 Lonely Wanting Love; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..