Jump to content
    Mac Rountree
  • Author
  • 2,455 Words
  • 938 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Discovering Home - 13. They Are Hard Work

 

Thomas remembered only too well how it had felt. Rhett had been a big muscular lineman on the football team while he had been the lithe quarterback. They didn’t get along well at all, and Rhett seethed each time Thomas would tell them the play to run. Rhett wanted, no needed, to be in charge. Thomas had something that Rhett wanted but lacked: intelligence. Not just academic intelligence, but social intelligence, emotional intelligence, psychological intelligence. He had it all. Rhett had social connections, the big, brutish hairy body that the girls liked, and a big cock. Rhett would swing it around in the gym shower, trying to intimidate the other boys. Some of the other players questioned whether he was completely white with a cock that size. Rhett would laugh and say he would fuck anything that came along.

Thomas always blushed when Rhett swaggered around. Thomas was not ashamed of his body or equipment, but he considered it private and would get very quiet when Rhett would start his diatribes. Rhett would notice that and then immediately zero in on Thomas and start taunting him, teasing him, and saying that Thomas would enjoy swinging on his meat. Thomas would blush even more, and Rhett would roar out his laugh and say he wasn’t looking for some fag like Thomas, but he wanted some pussy. The other guys on the team would then give a sigh of relief that it wasn’t their day for Rhett to pick on them. Thomas loved football but always gave a sigh of relief when the season was over so he wouldn’t be taunted by Rhett.

It had been a fantastic graduation day. Thomas’ family was quite proud of him and his achievements. Their public position was they were very excited that he was going to the University of the South in Sewanee. Privately, Thomas was questioned why he wasn’t going to The Citadel, where good Charleston boys went to college. Thomas needed to get away from Charleston. Thomas needed to get away from Rhett.

After the graduation ceremony, there was a large party at a plantation upriver. Thomas proudly drove his new car, a graduation present, to the party. He was wearing his khaki shorts, blue oxford cloth shirt with the sleeves rolled up, a madras bowtie, and his Bass Weejuns. It was a uniform that had served him well. Everyone was drinking, some too much, but Thomas was moderate in all things and had one drink. He wanted to fit in but he knew that he was fundamentally different than the other students. Rhett was right. He was a fag; he was gay.

Many of the students gathered around the bonfire and some started dancing. There was a band playing beach music. Thomas grew bored and wandered down to the river bank. There were a bunch of students chatting, and some were taking their clothes off and jumping in the muddy water. Thomas wandered away, walking down the shore, when he realized that he was being followed. He felt the arm across the shoulder and turned to see Rhett walking with him. Thomas tried to break away, but Rhett said if he tried it, he would crush Thomas’ windpipe and then tell everyone that Thomas was making moves on him. Thomas felt the chills running up his spine. Rhett continued to lead them to a stand of trees along the river bank. When they were in the midst of the copse of trees, Rhett pushed Thomas down to his knees, unzipped his pants, and slammed his cock into Thomas’ throat. Rhett’s hands were on each side of Thomas’ head as he fucked his face. Thomas choked on the big cock, which made Rhett enjoy it even more. He heard the grunting from above him and then the swoosh of the hot liquid filling his mouth. He started choking.

“Eat it, you fucking queer. If you make any noise, I will strangle you and throw your body in the river. Your mouth is better than some sloppy pussy I have had. I will be looking for you this summer every time I get horny. Your mouth is now mine, fag boy. I might even tap your ass.”

Thomas swallowed the viscous liquid as fast as he could. He wanted Rhett to remove his hands. When he did, Rhett slugged Thomas and pushed him into the muddy river. Rhett walked off. Thomas was wet and muddy, and he could already feel the swelling around his eye.

Thomas walked around the perimeter of the party, got to the driveway where his car was parked. He drove home, embarrassed that he was messing up the interior of his new car. He would clean it the next day. It was when he was in his shower at home that he remembered how the cum tasted. He liked it. He liked it a lot.

What he didn’t like was the brutality of Rhett and his need for the sex to be so rough. He avoided his high school friends all summer. He didn’t want to run into Rhett because he knew that he would succumb and take him again. When he left for Tennessee, he thought he would never see Rhett again. How wrong he was.

 

“Is there something you want to talk about, Thomas?”

Thomas realized he hadn’t said a word since they left the plantation to head back to the cottage court.

“Nope, I am remembering that the more things change, the more they remain the same. Rhett has changed, but he really hasn’t. He is still an unmitigated snob, but it seems he may have come out. He had that cute boy with him.”

“Yeah, that cute boy who felt me up when we were in one of the upstairs bedrooms.”

“No, he didn’t.”

“Yes, he did. He made some comment about expecting that all older men would want to have sex with him. Apparently, he services our realtor. I hope he is paid well for his services.”

They got back to the cottage and took turns in the small shower. Thomas had packed blue blazers for them in case they went to a nice restaurant while traveling. Thomas hung the clothes in the bathroom, hoping that the steam would release some of the wrinkles. Thomas was feeling a little insecure about confronting the snobbery of Rhett and his ilk in Charleston. Maybe he was crazy for even considering moving back. Time would tell. He knew that Joe would haven’t much use for Charleston society. Of course, they wouldn’t be invited into society since they were out and proud.

They drove into town and circled the block where the restaurant was located until they found a parking lot. Joe had decided not to use the valet parking at the restaurant. They stood on the sidewalk chatting and Thomas noticed that all of the men going into the restaurant were basically wearing the same thing: khakis, button-down shirts, blazers, and Weejuns with no socks. A few of the men were daring and wore madras pants. Thomas was absolutely convinced that these men were straight.

They were greeted by the hostess who took them to a table on the patio. Rhett and Beau were already there. There was also a woman at the table. Rhett stood up and Thomas could see the look of relief on his face that his guests were appropriately dressed.

Rhett greeted them, saying it was good to see them again, and then turned to the woman.

“You remember, Scarlett.”

Thomas tried not to gawk. She was in his high school class and was the head cheerleader.

“Yep, she has been my bride for lo these many years. I told her I was having dinner with you tonight and she wanted to see you again.”

Joe sat beside Beau so that Thomas could sit beside Scarlett and catch-up. Cocktails were ordered and Rhett picked up the conversation. The man had never been at a loss for words.

“I was telling Scarlett that you were looking at your family property, and y’all were thinking about making an offer. Given all of this virus shit going on, and with the natives getting restless, the real estate business could use a boost.”

“Rhett, stop saying stuff like that. You sound ignorant.”

“Yes, dear. You see, Thomas, I had to marry Scarlett because I needed someone to keep me in line. She only has to look at me with those fiery eyes, and I am like a whimpering puppy.”

Scarlett let out a rueful laugh.

“Don’t believe him, Thomas. He is so full of bull hockey, but I love him. What is a woman to do?”

“Now darling, you know it’s true. You are still the belle of the ball.”

Thomas had already figured out that this was a well-rehearsed routine. A tired routine, though.

Thomas smiled as he looked at the menu. Thank God Rhett was paying. It was work to sit at the table with these two: hard work. Thomas turned to Joe and suggested a couple of entrée items written about in Southern Living magazine.

“So, Thomas. Rhett told me you and Joe were married. That must be nice for you.”

Thomas could sense Joe tensing, so he reached over and put his hand on Joe’s knee and asked him about his cocktail.

“Joe literally walked into my life thirty-one years ago. We have never looked back. We both feel blessed that the Lord brought us together. The Bishop married us.”

Thomas smiled as Rhett and Scarlett started squirming. The dinner might be fun, after all.

The waiter was young and handsome. Beau kept making eyes at him until Rhett kicked him under the table.

“Yes, Beau is like the son we never had. We had three girls. Then Rhett came home one day and told me he had hired an assistant. I thought it was going to be some bleach-blond trashy woman who was trying to get my husband, but it was this handsome young man. He is the sweetest boy God has ever put on the earth. He and Rhett spend so much time together that sometimes I get right jealous. I asked Rhett one day if he was married to Beau or me.”

Joe choked on his drink. Beau was beet red.

Thomas tried hard not to smirk. Was Scarlett providing them with an opportunity to discuss being gay, or was she willfully ignorant about her husband’s sexual shenanigans with Beau? Scarlett had always been beautiful but not the smartest in their class. Thomas had heard the rumors about her and how she passed English and Math. She had to maintain her grades to be a cheerleader. He also thought it ironic that she was worried about a bleach-blond woman coming between her and her husband. Thomas was gay enough to recognize a bottle job at fifty paces. The only difference between her hair and a bleach-blond hussy was that Scarlett’s tresses were under the care of a professional beautician. Thomas would place money that it was a gay man who would joke with her, and she would laugh and flirt. She probably majored in flirting at college.

“Remind me where you went to college.”

“I went to the University of Mississippi. I was a Dixie Darling. Those are the cheerleaders at Ole Miss. I actually had a scholarship. My splits were better than any of the other girls. Of course, it took a lot of practice to keep my legs spread like that.”

Again, Thomas couldn’t figure out whether to burst out laughing because she was making a joke or whether she was that dense.

Beau said very little. He knew that the repartee was all in code, and he didn’t want to say anything wrong. He had learned that lesson the hard way one night at the country club. Rhett and Scarlett would use lots of double entendres, and people laughed. When he tried it, he was cut out of the conversation. Rhett gave him hell the next day and said if he was going to act like a nelly queen when they were in public that he would have to get someone else to work for him.

Beau depended on Rhett to keep him in his nice apartment, clothes and driving a sports car. The car was used, but Beau didn’t care. He and Beau had sex at least three times a week, and then he had his young friends he would party with when Rhett and Scarlett had society events to attend. Rhett was his money daddy and provided him an entrée in the real estate and cultural societies of the “Holy City.”

Thomas thought it a high price to pay, but he knew that Beau probably had a long-term strategy and would own part of the business if he played his cards right. Scarlett and Beau shared a common trait: they knew how to get what they wanted by spreading their legs.

Thomas could sense that Joe was ready to leave. He didn’t have to say anything. Actually, Joe had said very little at dinner. Thomas took a last sip of coffee and said they needed to go.

“Rhett, I will call you in the morning. We have appointments back in Hillsborough, and we have a long day of driving. I will call you from the road. I know the property like the back of my hand so I don’t need to see it again. Scarlett, you are beautiful as ever. It has been an absolute pleasure to see you again. Beau, good luck, young man.”

Thomas and Joe exited the restaurant and both let out a long sigh.

“A burger would have been fine with me. God, those people are hard work.”

“Those are the people I knew growing up. They are old Charleston.”

Joe stopped and just looked at Thomas.

“I am so glad you did not turn out like that. Of course, if you had, we wouldn’t be together. I can’t stand all of that pretentious stuff. You did well for the two of us. Thank you.”

On the way back to Hillsborough, Joe was mostly silent as he was wondering what was driving his partner even to consider moving back to Charleston or to think about Southport. They had a wonderful historic home in a small town. In his mind, Thomas was placing furniture in each of the rooms and thinking about entertaining. He liked Hillsborough, but it wasn’t Charleston. There was nowhere else like it on earth. The smell of the earth, the nearness of the salt marshes, and the easy life were home to him for many years, and he missed it.

Copyright © 2020 Mac Rountree; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ahh yes, the Ole South, where dreams die hard, traditions hang around like Spanish Moss, and if you listen carefully, what sounds like gentle breezes, are the sighs of tired pretense.

Even today the 'Cadet' boys (and men) still swing like a saloon door.

Interesting chapter reminders. It would be nice to see Thomas wreck havoc on Rhett's butt. Maybe Scarlett's daddy is the money behind Rhett's success that would vanish if scandal reared it's ugly head (again).

Next?

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

So Rhett married Scarlett. And had daughters. I suspect Scarlett knows the score and Rhett is arrogant enough to think he is hiding what is going on. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Ahh yes, the Ole South, where dreams die hard, traditions hang around like Spanish Moss, and if you listen carefully, what sounds like gentle breezes, are the sighs of tired pretense.

Even today the 'Cadet' boys (and men) still swing like a saloon door.

Interesting chapter reminders. It would be nice to see Thomas wreck havoc on Rhett's butt. Maybe Scarlett's daddy is the money behind Rhett's success that would vanish if scandal reared it's ugly head (again).

Next?

Anton,

Yes, I have had one of those swinging butts.  Delectable.   

Above all, no scandal.  

Scarlett's money is certainly a factor in their life.  Rhett does whatever Scarlett says.  

Thanks for reading.

Mac

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Thomas Haworth said:

So Rhett married Scarlett. And had daughters. I suspect Scarlett knows the score and Rhett is arrogant enough to think he is hiding what is going on. 

Thomas,

Bingo!!!  

Thanks for reading.

Mac

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Yep - Scarlett hold the purse strings and his balls!! She puts on the southern charm but she's sly like a snake!!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, KayDeeMac said:

Yep - Scarlett hold the purse strings and his balls!! She puts on the southern charm but she's sly like a snake!!

KayDeeMac,

You nailed it.  Sly like a snake.  Her balls are bigger than his.

Mac

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..