Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 4,274 Words
  • 7,316 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Chronicles Of An Academic Predator - 36. Chapter 36

April 13, 1963

 

7AM: Damn I hate early mornings. Tonto had scheduled the memorial service for Friday. Apparently they were trying to get some dignitaries to make an appearance. In the meantime, I needed to get back to Claremont ASAP.

 

I went in and woke Jason up; he eyed me groggily. “Jason, the memorial service for Billy is on Friday. You planning to attend?” He blinked at me a few times.

 

“Yeah. Absolutely.”

 

“That's great. We're going to leave Jeff's car for you. Drive it to Claremont and then you and I can drive back together, OK?” He was awake now.

 

“Sounds good JP.”

 

“And you'll have to cover my classes for me. I'll call Peterson later and let him know what's going on. I left my lecture notes for both classes on the dining room table.” He looked a little concerned about that. “You'll do fine. The practice will be good for you.”

 

Jeff and I loaded our stuff in my car and headed out. The drive was easy; it was always easy with Jeff along. We stopped for lunch and to top off the tank, but that was it. By 4PM we were entering Claremont. I almost turned up Skyline, force of habit, but remembered at the last minute I was going to Tonto's.

 

There were several cars at the monstrosity, but I squeezed the Corvette into the back near the garage. I saw my father's Cadillac and grimaced. “Don't worry JP, everyone will be on their best behavior,” Jeff said, comforting me. I squeezed his hand to say thank you.

 

They must have planned some sort of visitation thing, supposedly to allow friends and family to come over and offer condolences. The memorial service wouldn't be for a few days, so I guess it made sense. The theory, that having all of your loved ones around you in a time of need was comforting, had a lot to commend itself. On the other hand, entertaining scores of people for hours on end was exhausting.

 

The kitchen was crowded, with Tonto sitting at the table, seemingly in a daze, mindlessly smoking a cigarette. She hadn't smoked in years. I guess she was entitled to start again. I walked over to her but she didn't seem to recognize me at first.

 

“Tonto, I came as soon as I could.”

 

She looked up at me slowly. Then a light sparked in her eyes. “JP! Oh thank God you're here.” She jumped up and hugged me. She just sank into my skinny arms and sobbed, and I let her, patting her back gently. Finally she pulled herself back together.

 

“The memorial service will be beautiful. And guess what? They say the President himself may attend! Can you believe that? To honor my poor Billy.” She looked like she was about to descend into grief again.

 

“When's the last time you slept Tonto?” I asked.

 

“I don't know. What day is it?” I smiled at her.

 

“You're going to bed. Now.” I said forcefully. I saw Dr. Sutton, one of the town's physicians, over in the corner of the kitchen.

 

“Dr. Sutton,” I said, holding out my hand.

 

“JP,” he shook my hand, “good to see you. I'm so sorry for your tragic loss.”

 

“Thank you Doctor. My aunt has got to get some sleep. Can you give her something to help her out?”

 

“Well, she's not one of my patients...” he must have seen my brows furrow. “...but let me check my bag and see if I have something.” He vanished to his car and came back in a few minutes with two little pills. I thanked him profusely.

 

“Here Tonto, take these,” I said, handing her the pills.

 

“What are these?” she asked.

 

“Pills to help you sleep,” I said.

 

“I'm not taking any...” I cut her off.

 

“You take the god damn pills and get some sleep and I'll cover for you here. Then you wake up rested in a few hours and relieve me. Got it?” I said, with mock severity.

 

She downed them with some beer (probably not the best idea) and headed up the back stairs. I'd just ordained myself as party hostess, as it were, so I left the kitchen to make the rounds. I ran into my mother almost immediately.

 

“JP!” She said, and greeted me warmly. “I'm so glad you are here. Have you seen Tonto? She is a walking corpse, she is so tired.” I eyed her coldly.

 

“I sent her up to bed.”

 

“You did? How did you do that? Your father has been trying to get her to sleep for two days now.”

 

“Maybe she doesn't like him either,” I said.

My mother, gracious as ever, decided to treat that as a joke and chuckled. “Well whatever you did, good for you. You are so resourceful in a crisis. I am proud of you, and glad you are here.” It was so fucking hard to stay mad at her. “I have to go take care of the guests, as do you. We will talk later.” She kissed me again. “Welcome home.”

 

I ran into my father next. “Good to see you JP,” he said formally.

 

“Liar,” I said, and walked past him.

 

Jim was there and I visited with him for a little while, then I ran into Vella and Abe.

 

“Good to see you here JP,” Vella said. They both gave me big hugs. I wonder if Vella had told Abe I was gay? Probably not. He didn't act any differently towards me.

 

“Great to see you here too Vella. Where's Sammy?” She got that scornful look on her face.

 

“He left to take that Delilah home. That girl is glued to him.” Abe rolled his eyes at her behind her back.

 

“He's coming back though, isn't he?” I asked.

 

“I guess so,” she said. “Why?”

 

“I wanted to hire him for a special job. I want him to paint a picture of Billy for Tonto.”

 

“Oh yeah? Well maybe he's already working on that.”

 

“Well then he should be finished that much sooner,” I said, ribbing her right back.

 

“I'll have him find you when he gets back,” she said.

 

“Find who?” I heard a voice say behind me. It was Sammy.

 

“That was fast,” sneered Vella. “She didn't spend too much time in the car trying to trap you tonight?”

 

Sammy eyed her indulgently. “Not tonight Mama. But maybe tomorrow night if I'm lucky.” He turned to me and gave me a big hug. “Good to see you JP. You were looking for me?”

 

“Yeah, I want you to paint a picture of Billy for Tonto, like the one you did of Andre. Only it should be big. Really big. Can you do that?” I asked.

 

“I can. How much you gonna pay me?” He joked.

 

“You paint the picture, and I'll pay your tuition for your first four years of college,” I said, and he just stared at me dumbfounded.

 

“What did you say?” asked Vella.

 

“I said I'd pay his tuition if he paints the picture for me.” The three of them just stared at me.

 

Sammy gave his Mama a kiss and me a hug. “I better get home and get working then,” and he smiled and left.

 

“You ain't pullin' his leg are you?” asked Vella, and I saw Abe get an insulted look on his face. He knew I wouldn't make a commitment like that if I didn't mean it.

 

“Woman, be still. If he said it, he means it.” And Vella just looked at him and nodded. He rarely spoke, probably because she never gave him the chance, but when he did, she listened. I took my leave of them and moved on through the crowd, headed for the study.

 

As I did, I pondered my offer to Sammy. I'd already planned in my mind that Sammy would go to college, and I knew that it was hard for Negroes to get financial help and scholarships. I figured rather than offering him charity, I could offer him a job. Hopefully it would make everyone happy.

 

Janice was in the study; I instinctively knew that she would be. She was alone, although how she'd managed that was beyond me. At least it was until I entered and she said, without looking up, “Please just leave me alone!”

 

“Not likely. I'm not afraid of you,” I said, and she turned and smiled briefly.

 

“Oh it's you JP,” she said. “I'm sorry; it's just that this is getting so old. I lost my Billy, and I can't take any more of this, any more of these people consoling me. They mean well, but they're consoling me to death.”

 

“Where are the kids?” I asked.

 

“They're with my mother. She's bringing them down in a few days, before the service.”

 

“I can't wait to see them. In the meantime, go to bed.”

 

“I can't go to bed. I have to stay down here. Tonto would want me to, and I don't want to let her down.”

 

“Well, I talked her into going to bed about an hour ago, and now I'm in charge, so I'm going to make it a direct order.”

 

“Thanks,” she said, smiling at me. And she got up and headed up the stairs.

 

I left the study and found Jeff mingling with the guests, people who had come over to comfort the Schluters. “Hey there,” I said. He smiled at me.

 

“How are you doing?” he asked.

 

“Fine,” I said. “I wonder if we can gradually clear these people out of here.”

 

“You're the socialite, not me. I'm from the poor side of town.”

 

“Yeah, I forgot. OK, cracker boy, how would you do it on the east side?” I chided him.

 

“Well, we'd just pull out a shot gun and shoot it at the ceiling.”

 

“Hmmm. Well that probably won't work here, but I'll work on finding a classier alternative.”

 

“In the meantime,” Jeff said, “I'm going to raid the food and the bar.”

 

“Big surprise there,” I said with a grin, and moved off to find Barry.

 

Barry and I had never been particularly close, but we liked each other well enough. “Uncle Barry,” I said, and gave him a perfunctory hug, “how are you holding up?”

 

He eyed me coolly, not because he was irritated with me, but because he just seemed to be hollow inside. “Hi JP. It's good to see you.”

“Uncle Barry, I sent Tonto up to bed and I think you should join her.” He seemed dazed. “Uncle Barry?”

 

“Yes, uh, you're probably right.” But he didn't move. I looked around for some help and finally caught Jeff's eye. He came over promptly.

 

“Jeff, can you help Barry upstairs?” I asked.

 

“Sure JP.” He put his arm gently around Barry and guided him away.

 

I wondered where Stefan was. I hadn't seen him yet. I looked around a little more, and then I climbed the ornate, ancient staircase to his room on the third floor. I heard familiar noises from inside. I giggled. What a slut. I pushed the door open slightly, expecting to see Stefan getting drilled. Instead, it was Stefan that was doing the drilling, and his receptacle was a woman. I was stunned. Even more shocking was who the woman was. It was Carol. I gently closed the door, and I think I managed to avoid being noticed.

 

Wow. Something else to think about. Stefan fucking a girl? I didn't think he even liked women. He seemed to like her well enough. And Carol. Wasn't she supposed to be with Jeff? Weren't they an item?

 

I headed across the hall to Billy's old room. I knew Janice was in the guest room, so I decided to spend the night in here. Tonto hadn't changed the room at all. It was the same as it was when we were kids. I opened the closet and found his models, games, and sports stuff just like it was. There were even clothes hanging there, just in case he came to visit. I looked at his desk, and inside were his letters and papers. I rummaged through them. Here was the first love letter he'd ever gotten, from Amy Crownbach. She was the first girl he kissed. And there on the shelf were his trophies, almost all for baseball. He was a catcher, and a damn good one. I found myself feeling his presence in the room, and that both strengthened me, and saddened me. I wanted to stay there but I had obligations, so I headed downstairs.

 

Downstairs the guests were finally getting the hint that the party was over. I stood by the living room thanking everyone for coming over and making obligatory small talk. Finally the big house had emptied, except for my parents and Jeff.

 

“Jeff, would you like a ride home?” my mother asked.

 

“Tonto invited him to stay here tonight,” I said, lying.

 

“Why would he do that?” my father asked.

 

“So he can help out. There are several people in this house that are more or less basket cases. Besides which, I'm trying to figure out why it would be any of your fucking business anyway.” I had lost my ability to be civil.

 

“Watch your language in front of your mother,” he said.

 

“My apologies mother,” I said insincerely.

 

“You seem to have forgotten even the basic civilities. I have no desire to be around you,” he said.

 

“How ironic Dad. Tonto has lost two of her sons, while you still have one of yours.” That was a gut shot. I glared at him.

 

“Enough of this,” said my mother. “We have plenty to deal with; we don't need this stupid bickering.” My father looked triumphant until she looked at him and said “from either of you!” and strode purposefully out. My father glared at me, then followed her.

 

“Wow,” said Jeff. “You sure do need to work on your people skills.” I laughed.

 

“Come on upstairs big guy. I'd like to show you some of my other skills.”

 

We got to the third floor and heard noises coming from Stefan's room. I'd forgotten about him and Carol so I quickly shuffled Jeff into Billy's old room. “Wonder who's boning Stefan tonight?” Jeff said jokingly.

 

“Wouldn't you like to know?” I said. “I'll be right back.”

 

I walked across the hall, knocked on the door, and walked in. Carol was on top of Stefan, sliding up and down on his pole. He smiled at me, while she started to scream, horrified. “Shut up!” I said rudely, which shocked her.

 

Stefan looked at me, concerned, but I winked at him. “Look, Jeff is staying with me tonight, across the hall in Billy's room.” I saw the blood drain from Carol's face. “You two may want to keep it down just a bit,” I said, as I walked up to them.

 

“You, you won't tell Jeff will you?” she stammered.

 

“Not unless you give me reason to,” I said. “Still, I think you should finish what you started, then take off. You can't leave my poor cousin unsatisfied.” He chuckled and pushed up into her, and she just glared at me. I left them alone and went back to Jeff.

 

We both seemed to feel awkward in Tonto's house, and Billy's old room, but that didn't stop us from making love. It just made us quieter. I fell asleep draped over Jeff, drawing strength from him like I always do.

 

April 14, 1963

 

I was awakened in the morning because someone was jostling me around. The bed seemed incredibly crowded. I opened my eyes to find Stefan curled up with us, on top of Jeff on his other side. Jeff woke up and just stared at him.

 

“You little slut. What are you doing here?” I asked, but good naturedly.

 

“Well, since you interrupted my session last night, I figured that you boys could help me out this morning.” He pointedly avoided mentioning who he was fucking, which I appreciated, but I wondered if there wasn't a subtle threat there. A 'give me what I want or I'll tell' kind of thing.

 

I kissed Jeff on the cheek. “Wanna fuck around with Stefan baby?” I asked.

 

He smiled at me. “How about if we fuck Stefan?” he asked. That's not what I wanted though. I knew what I wanted. I'd wanted this since I'd fucked Willy while he fucked Ronnie. I slid over Jeff until I was in between them.

 

I turned Stefan around and lubed my pole and his ass, and then I drove gently into him. His ass felt so good. He was such a pro, knew how to use every orifice in his body to perfection. I handed the lube to Jeff. “I want you to fuck me, while I fuck him,” I said. He got a crazed look in his eyes, and before I knew it I had his dick up my ass.

 

It was an incredible physical experience. From a true emotional/spiritual standpoint, I'd rather just be with Jeff. But from a physical standpoint, this was unbeatable. I had Jeff's warm body, his muscular strength behind me, driving into me. In front of me was Stefan's warm nimble body, sucking my cock in and pleasuring himself like only he knew how. And to top it all off, Jeff was talking in my ear like I loved, and it was not only turning me on, it was driving Stefan nuts too. “Baby, does his ass feel nice? You like feeling your hard cock up his ass? Does it feel as good as you're making me feel?”

 

At some point I just lost control, letting my body take over and pump forward or back depending on the feeling that was most stimulating. I wanted this to last forever, but I couldn't I knew I was getting close, so I reached around and grabbed Stefan's cock, stroking it frantically in time to my thrusts. As befits his age, Jeff came first, blasting into me. After he finished, I shot off into Stefan and he, pro that he was, timed it so that he shot with me. The three of us lay there panting, still linked until our dicks softened and plopped out.

 

“Thanks guys,” said Stefan, “but next time I want JP's spot.”

 

“What makes you think there's going to be a next time?” I said.

 

“Because I'm too cute for you two to resist me.”

 

There was only one bathroom on this floor, so we took turns taking showers. I had to hustle Stefan out otherwise he would have stayed in to shower with Jeff. While Jeff was showering, I cornered him.

 

“So I thought you were gay? What were you doing with Carol?”

 

He smiled at me. “I prefer men, but do not limit myself. And she was most willing. I think your friend Jeff has gotten her all hot and bothered, and she needed someone to satisfy her. And while I would much rather satisfy you, she is no slouch.”

 

“Do you think that Jeff knows she plays around?” I asked.

 

“I doubt it. His mind is elsewhere. It has to be. She's fucked at least five guys this year in school.” I pondered that, and it made me smile. He loved me. He really didn't give a shit about her.

 

I went downstairs and grabbed some breakfast. Jeff joined me shortly thereafter. I sat down and began to sketch out a schedule for the memorial service and things to do. I didn't know how much Tonto had done yet, but I figured that it wouldn't hurt to be prepared. I suddenly realized why Tonto always jumped in and organized things. It kept you busy and you didn't think about the pain.

 

Jeff took my car and headed home to get some stuff. He promised me he'd spend the next few days with me. I had just finished outlining the whole process - it had taken me almost 2 hours – when Tonto came bumbling into the kitchen.

 

“Good morning JP,” she said. “Thank you so much for last night. I feel much better today, if that is possible.”

 

“Tonto, you always take care of us when tragedy strikes. I figured that it's my turn to help you out.”

 

“You are such a good nephew,” she said. “Where's Jeff?”

 

I hesitated. “He went home to get a few things. I asked him to stay here with us for a few days. He's useful to have around.”

 

“You are in love with him,” she said. I just stared at her. “It's OK JP. I told you, you are who you are. Does he love you back?”

 

I smiled at her. “Yes, he does.” I felt myself blushing.

 

“Then he can stay here with you,” she said. “Just keep him away from Stefan.”

 

I laughed. “That's not easy.” She rolled her eyes. Then became melancholy again.

 

“All I have left now are my grandchildren. And my nephews of course,” she said, not wanting to insult me, but I knew what she meant. “I have to think of them, how best to help them. Janice is a good lady, a great mother. I am so glad that she and Billy worked things out before,” and she paused, getting choked up, then controlled herself and continued, “before he was gone.”

 

“Yes she is Tonto. I didn't know how much planning you'd done for the memorial service so I started to put some things together.” I thought changing the subject might be good. I showed her all my notes.

 

She put her hand on the side of my face lovingly. “It's perfect. You thought of everything. Here I thought I'd have to train you, but you're already beyond being my apprentice.”

 

“No way. There's no one who can plan an event like you.”

 

“Well,” she said, “I like your outline. Can you make it happen?”

 

“Well, sure, I guess, if you want me to.” That kind of surprised me.

 

“I do. I've got to deal with Janice and the kids, and try to keep Stefan from having sex with the entire town.” I started laughing a bit too much at that. “If you can handle the plans, and just keep me posted, I'd appreciate it.”

 

“Sure thing Tonto. I'll get on it today. We'll set this coming Friday as the day.”

 

“Thanks JP. And by the way, your father is still being an asshole, but I think that, if you give him a little time, he will come around. I've seen some chinks in his armor. You may not want to be so rude to him though. It makes it that much easier for him to hate you.” I thought about that, and knew that she was right. It made it easier for him to hate me, and easier for me to reject him. But we'd never make things right that way.

 

“You're right Tonto. It just hurts so much that he rejected me, and still does. I think the worst thing was when he bitched at me about money. Not because I wanted their money, or that it isn't his to make decisions about. But he never would have done that to me or Jim before. It was as if he disowned me.”

 

“He's never lost a son before. He doesn't understand how precious they are. But I think he'll soon realize that he has lost you, and when he does, his thoughts will crystallize. Then it will be up to you to decide if you want him back in your life.”

 

“Tonto, you are wise beyond your years, and that's saying something, since you're an old broad.” She smacked me playfully. I felt good in that I'd taken her mind off her tragedy, at least for a few minutes. I didn't really realize that she'd done the same for me.

Copyright © 2011 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nothing can compare to the grief of losing a child. There really is no loss that comes close to it. JP is there to help Tonto just as Tonto was there to help JP. Jeff would not understand about Carol. It is funny how guys are always okay with a guy sleeping around but when a woman does it, it is just the end of everything...

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The love for his aunt and uncle really come through as JP steps up to help them finalize Billy's service. Tonto's support of JP and Jeff is just another example of her greatness. JP and Jeff have really come into their own, and Stefan is too cute to resist.

 

:thankyou:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

If nothing else Jp has his mothers poise and makers when things get hectic.

As for Stefan, what can one say!😱

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I don't get why JP likes Kennedy. When Eisenhower left office there were less than 1,000 U.S. troops in country in Vietnam. By the time Andre as killed, there over 11,000 U.S. troops in country in Vietnam in less than two years. If U.S. troop levels had stayed under 1,000 there is no chance Andre would have been at risk.

 

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..